What's the nature version of cyberpunk called?

What's the nature version of cyberpunk called?

I'm using the term "Gaiapunk" for now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopunk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BioPunk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Glizpunk bupunk nabupunk punkpunk?

Fpunk punking punk thupunk "Wunkpunk" punk nupunk.

Biopunk?

Druidpunk?

Honestly I like Gaiapunk better.

Is "Gaia" some sort of half-plant mega-AI controlled by/controlling the corporate overlords?

vote for Biopunk

Pkunk!

Solarpunk

Yes I know the name is retarded, I didn't invent it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopunk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BioPunk

If you mean by nature, just biology, then yeah biopunk is the term.

Otherwise, you'll have to clarify what kind of world you're imagining. Cyberpunk is about the Unnatural. Human political and economic forces driving violations of the natural order. People plugging wires into their heads, replacing parts of their bodies with weapons, hot girls having attractive body parts amputated to install combat gear. There's a Frankenstein's monster effect they're trying to evoke, that this is all somehow wrong and evil.

Remember, all this was birthed in the wake of 60s hippie naturalism. Liberalism blamed technology for capitalism in those days, and science for technology. You're supposed to be revolted.

So the *-punk template doesn't work here. You can tell an antitechnology story in a nature setting (Tolkien does, though obviously his politics were conservative rather than liberal) but not using the forms and traditions of cyberpunk.

You could also be edgy and do an antinature story, but then you're better off drawing on millennia of fairy tales and myths which do much the same in the age when man vs nature conflicts favored nature.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

It's biopunk, as people have said

Rolling to see how many tards will get upset that "-punk" is a commonly used shorthand for "element featured prominently in this setting".

biopunk kind of sounds like cyborgs and stuff to me. biotech.

i think gaiapunk is fine to me.

It's usually a form of biopunk.

Biopunk is genetic mutations and manipulation. Like a society of chimera's.

Ecopunk?

Challenge magazine had a comical article about a cyberpunk counter culture springing up about eating healthy food, being in tune with nature, and being massive hippies.

They called it fiberpunk.

Gaiapunk sounds like a good word. Biopunk sounds too much like weird flesh-cities.

There's a similar concept to this called "Solarpunk", with emphasis on clean energy and nature-integrated cities. Idk if this is what you're thinking of or if you want to go EVEN MOAR GREEN.

Real world examples would be like arcology

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology

But calling it "arcopunk" would be inaccurate, since it would mean "architecture punk".

So ecopunk.

These 2 have it. Everybody else ITT go google "solarpunk" and you will find OP's image and many similar images.

Biowank

Stop puttin -punk on end of words to define a genre of aesthetics without any punkness or without considering cyberpunk was first and foremost a literary, narrative genre.
It's retarded.

This is simply an architectural idea that futurologist like nowdays (and some architects have tried now and then).

What exactly about this setting is "punk" like? you know it's called cyberpunk for a reason right?
They didn't just slap the word punk on the end for no reason.

I don't know if you really just get to tell people to stop calling things "X-punk" at this point. It's kind of been a thing for several decades now, as a shorthand for "futuristic/fantastical", regardless of its original context.

Naturepunk works fine. Or geopunk.

Long since been done. It's Ribofunk.

Make my punk the P Punk
I want my punk uncut

> -punk
die in a fire

I feel like biopunk is something else.

Like when you say biopunk, I picture vats filled with glowing green shit.

>You're supposed to be revolted
It didn't work.

Damn, we almost made 7 hours.

Just name it after your setting

Titles about this sort of thing come out from how popular the source material is.