sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
Let's assume we get a Manual of the Planes-style handbook for 5e. What do you want the most out of it? Anything goes, monsters, classes, items, etc. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!CUBAxACR!D03s0p6D-Nh7BkEzcTX1lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Official sources only

Every goddamned thing released (UA, Plane Shift, featured DM's Guild).

Forgot the damn file.

4th for rolling for stats is rad

New extraplanar races that are *not* just "dwarf from the Plane of Earth, Elf from Arvandor, Gnome/Halfling from Bytopia" - things like Gith, Rogue Modrons, Bariaur. Some new Tiefling, Aasimar and Genasi subraces would be neat, though.

New subclasses with a planar theme, if possible. Incantifiers as a new Wizard subclass, maybe.

New monsters that are *not* yet more fucking demons/devils/dragons. We got plenty of the fuckers already, we need more faeries, Shadowfell natives, celestial beings... stuff to make the other planes worth going to.

New spells & magic items relating to the planes.

Demodands and archons please.

I'd like more stuff related to the Far Realms. Some more official subclasses related to the planes would be cool too.

Reminder that point buy and arrays are for minmaxing tryhards

One of the things that really, really gave me hope for the future was the fact that Volo's Guide had exactly one type of dragon (Guard Drakes) and a very limited selection of fiends. Hopefully every book going forward will be that level of quality or higher.

But yes, different races, maybe new classes as well? I know nothing about Incantifiers except that they eat magic. Maybe the Mystic as a full release, once it's fixed.

Arrays are very much the opposite of min-maxing, they force you to have a similar spread of stats.

I need devils.

Best devil reporting in

>Let's assume we get a Manual of the Planes-style handbook for 5e. What do you want the most out of it? Anything goes, monsters, classes, items, etc. Pic related.

Space. Some eerie, mind-bending cross between fantasy and scifi.

Shit that's really fucking out there and inspired in general. Get someone on drugs and have them read the old planar stuff, Heavy Metal, SCP, whatever.

Which lore are they using for Asmodeus' background at the moment? I was always partial to the fallen archangel stuff (presumably a Solar).

Is there such a thing as a known powergamibg build for an entire party? Like, a combination of classes/spells that are potentially game breaking?

My group is going to meet with an older, more experienced adventuring party that defended the land last time there was a great, evil thing and I was trying to come up with some combination of spells or buffs/debuffs that show that these guys function best as a team.

>TFW you like rolling for stats so much you came up with variants
>At level 1, everybody rolls 1d4. If they get 1, they get a permanent -1 to everything. If they roll 2, nothing. If they roll 3, they get a permanent +1 to everything. If they roll 4, they get a permanent +2 to everything. This is a simplified version of rolling for stats.
>At level 1, roll 1d4-1. You get this many free ASIs. This is a fairer way of doing rolling for stats because you can't end up with less stats than you're intended to have.
>Every time you gain a feature, roll 1d2. If you get a 2, you don't get the feature. If you get a 1, you get the feature. This represents the uncertainty that you'll definitely learn everything in life, so you can't play on definitely getting features, much like rolling for stats potentially denying you key buffs to damage/defence and all that, but a bit more serious.
>At the start of the game, everybody rolls 1d100. The person with the lowest value will be the DM's first target to kill off, then the person with the next lowest value will be targeted, and so forth. This means players roughly know how long their character might live.

I would love to see the Shadowfell detailed and given how the "upside down" was presented in Stranger Things I feel that something like that could open the door for some new people to enter the hobby in addition to the small write-up in the 5e DMG leaving me wanting more...

I also want a comprehensive detailing of the Underdark, Mechanus, and the Feywild.

This is still probably the most impressive dice roll on Veeky Forums.

Ancients Paladin, Avatar Mystic, Lore Bard and Divination Wizard? Each is individually very powerful, but the auras provided by the first two supplement the roll modification of the latter two to make a very versatile and powerful group.

You can use whatever lore you want, they haven't covered his origins as of yet.

Playing a Ranger for the first time. What should I pick for my greater favored enemy? My choices are: aberrations, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fiends, or giants.

Depends on the setting and your background.

Fiends are probably the safest bets, but honestly this depends way too much on the DM. Go for whatever fits your character best and avoid obviously niche ones (Celestials, Constructs, Elementals)

Make everybody fighter sorlocks with repelling blast and agonizing blast.

Blow away literally anything that comes near.
Alternatively you can all get devil's sight so one person casts darkness and everybody gains the benefit.

Alternatively everybody becomes a paladin and nukes the fuck out of the first thing they see, then they all rest.

In the end, though, I think it'd good to have a bit of balance in the party. I'd do something like:
>Wolf Barbarian5/Rogue
>Oathbreaker Paladin
>Moon Druid
>KnowledgeCleric1/Wizard

>Wolf Barbarian5/Rogue

How is that meant to work?

Well, what I'd ideally love...

Planar races - Gith (Yanki, Zerai, Athasian, Wildspace), Rogue Modron, Tiefling (with variants for Abyssal and other bloodlines)

Monsters - Gehreleth/Demodands, Obyrith, Guardinials, Primal Spirits, Abyssal Dreadnought, Atropal, Farspawn.

An in depth guide to the planes: The Primes, the Elementals, the Para Elementals, the Quasi-Elementals, the Positive, the Negative, the Shadowfell, the Feywild, the Ethereal, the Astral, the Far Plane, the Dream, the Mirror, the Temporal, the Good, the Neutral, the Evil, the Lawful, the Chaotic, even the soding Underdark.

Then you could have a chapter discussing cosmologies. The Great Wheel, the World Tree, the World Axis, the cosmologies of Athas (The Grey, the Black, etc) and of Eberron (all those dragons), ones based on mythology. And guides to creating your own, incorporating some planes, excluding others, and merging some together to make a universe that's your own.

And maybe redoing the Modrons to give them some sense of being almost mechanical angels out to bring order to the cosmos. All too often they're just a joke.

Also if there's a fifth character, add in
>Lore Bard with moderately armoured

In just about every way.
>Reckless attack synergizes with sneak attack
>Rage synergizes with uncanny dodge
>Danger sense synergizes with evasion
>Rage synergizes with athletics expertise
>Fast movement synergizes with cunning action
>Extra attack synergizes with sneak attack and athletics expertise
>Str+Con save proficiencies, +12 HP, -1 skill, -dex save proficiency when you already have dangersense+evasion, -int saves because who needs that, +shield and medium armour proficiencies and martial weapon proficiencies
>Unarmoured defence synergizes with not needing a load of feats like a typical PAM/GWM barbarian would get and the possibility of going dexterity
>Leaves you free a rogue archetype choice and a barbarian archetype choice. Bear for more tankiness, wolf for giving everyone else on the team advantage, so you go for wolf presumably since you'll have other teammates in melee.

>All the min/maxbabs being called out last thread
>Autisticly defend the standard array and how it doesn't promote min/maxing

Sad desu senpai

Rolling for stats promotes minmaxing because you can intentionally try to kill off characters with poor stats, you can choose to use good stats on builds that are overpowered with better stats and you can choose to use bad stats on builds that aren't affected much by poor stats.
And if you insist on rolling stats after class, they can just pick something like 1 level of fighter before multiclassing into whatever they decide is a good idea, and you'd give even less reason to play something like monk knowing you could be screwed over.

Standard array doesn't really do anything bad balance/min-max wise, so I don't know how you could call it good for min-maxing.

Atropals you say?

I've played Star Wars Saga Edition with rolled stats. Jedi in that system are very powerful, but are slightly restrained by the fact they're MAD. With rolled stats, both jedi in the party proceeded to become unbeatable gods who stole all the spotlight.

Never. Again.

So I'm making an Awakened Mystic, I had in mind a rather physically feeble character with heavy emphasis on psionic/mental powers, but don't know how bad would it be to have subpar CON and DEX or low survivability in general.

Which of this sound better?

>8, 14, 11, 16, 14, 12
OR
>8, 13, 13, 16, 14, 12
OR
>8, 14, 13, 16, 14, 10

Going full
>8, 14, 14, 16, 12, 10
kinds of feels wrong, even if it gives more survivability.

This considering Mystics can change their saving throw proficiency, gain advantage on some skill checks and either boost their AC or self heal, but those can all be discipline taxes I'm not sure I can afford.

>Mastery of force's Inertial Armor (14+Dex AC)
>Bestial Form's Tough Hide (+2AC)
>Iron Durability's Psychic Focus (+1AC)

Also would any feat really benefit this concept or am I just fine maxing INT and then pumping DEX/CON and/or taking Resilient (CON)?

they said the were planning on releasing a book on the undead and dragons as well, we can all but hope.

I'd go with the first spread to use Inertial Armor.

Thank you for the info, very welcomed

What feat, subclass for rogue and race would you recommend, I'm assuming a rapier for the weapon?

Dm has us playing set roles and I got barb but the class bores me to tears pasted level five

>Letting characters be rerolled instead of keeping same stats if that is suspected

>This other game had something happen therefore it's the same every game

How do I help bring a party together as the DM? Would threatening one of their lives and hoping the others come to their rescue work?

I've got a filthy, unpleasant, but well-intentioned goblin, two snotty twin eladrin, and a half-elf who seems like he just doesn't want to get caught in between the other three.

If you're using rapier, I'd probably go dexterity + shield and focus on getting both dexterity and con really high if you can. If you don't think you can manage that, rapier+shield still works for strength, though it'll be hard to be able to both grapple and attack unless you don't wear a shield with your rapier.

For races,
Half-orc, halfling (Either, probably stout), V.human, dwarf (Either), Elf (probably wood) and half-elf all work, I suppose. Though stout halfling is probably a great one if you want to go dexterity.
No idea on rogue archetype. Swashbuckler isn't bad at all, really, though you don't need the free disengage too badly most of the time considering you might be wolf barbarian. Assassin has its uses and.. Thief really requires you to work with the DM to get it to work. AT still supplies some useful boons, but you don't really need its BB/GFB so much. Absolutely any of the core rogues or swashbuckler could potentially work with it.

Definitely take wolf if there's a lot of melee people, otherwise bear is great for ridiculous survivability.

Campaign tone? Experience of the players? Levels? How many sessions have they played in? The devil is in the details, user.

More books are coming, friends. The slow release schedule is our friend.

They wouldn't make it obvious if that was what they're doing, and all you're doing is upsetting people by insisting they do something they don't want to do.

Also user's Jedi case can apply to Paladins to a lesser extent. Paladins are pretty good, but it's offset by the fact they have a use for 5/6 stats as well as wanting a feat or too.

You have yet to explain how an overall balanced array of stats is min-maxing, shitposter-kun.

Yeah.

Oh, and some sort of Cacerian variant on the Empyreans, Arcanes, Deepspawn, Feyr, Grues, Hordlings, Inevitables, Phoenix, Rilmani, Shedu more Yugoloths (specifically Marraenoloths).

Those would all be nice to see.

Atleast one of you got it

i need pics for my arcana cleric
also are there any other gods to worship or am i stuck with Azuth and Mystra?

Any particular setting?

From the description a borderline pfg tier campaign

>Campaign tone? Experience of the players? Levels? How many sessions have they played in?
Playing TotYP as an adventure path. The eladrin players seem to be experienced with 5e, the goblin player seems to be experienced with D&D (probably 3.5?), last guy I think it's his first game. They were looking for a DM online and I volunteered, but I assume they hadn't played together for more than a single session. They just reached level 2 and our third session is tomorrow.

I know it's very early on, but I'd rather prevent the campaign breaking apart down the line than have to piece it together afterwards.

plain ol dnd
high fantasy anything non 3rd party

I'm about to run a game and a player wants to play as a gunslinger. He's asked if I would be ok with allowing Crossbow Expert to apply to his guns. I'm not sure about that at all.

Is there a decent way to nerf it? I'm reluctant to outright ban it since it's only for a one-shot, and I don't want to come across as being deliberately narrow

If it's a one shot, just roll with it

If not a rapier then what? I'm not too interested in strength

As long as he doesn't get a bonus action attack with it, it should be fine.

The choices are really dual shortswords or rapier+shield.

Dual shortswords works better with strength because you get +rage damage to every hit and reckless attack is better, and high strength means your grapple checks are better and you can drop a shortsword easily to grapple.

Rapier is good for going with shield and stacking up tankiness, which is typically more dexterity-based.

I dislike begging but does anyone have the PDF of TPK's Fifth Edition Options. Will try and share some content myself if needed

If I can expect a fair deal of lethality and rolling new characters then I have no problem with rolling for stats.

Anything requiring commitment to a character should have point buy or array.

Should Dragonborn get Powerful Build?
Should they get a sorcerer cantrip of their choice, assuming all dragons in the setting are of the spellcaster variant?

This, really.

>Anything requiring commitment to a character should have point buy or array.

Why tho?

Hold on, I hadn't checked the feat since I spoke with him. He was suggesting that if he had the feat, he'd be able to reload his gun without using a full action. Actually looking at the feat I have no idea where that comes from.

Any ideas?

As a sign of good faith heres a map i made in Inkarnate, feel free to steal

mostly for fairness, I could've rolled stupidly well or poorly.

Why the fuck are you autists still arguing about stats generation? Do whatever the fuck you feel like and what the GM allows.

Get the fuck off me

Everything promotes min/maxing.
You roll, and keep rerolling until you nail the min/max of your desire, or you point-buy the min/max best suited to your character, because in the end, roleplaying is not about role playing, but is about winning, and Players cannot for the life of them, accept defeat in any scenario whatsoever; unless they are destined to fail, like the Cthulhu games, and even them they might complain.
In other words, point-buy is faster when everybody already knows the math, otherwise, keep rolling, pretending you won't reroll.

is there homebrew class worse than dragon rider?
absolutely not. it's the worst shit on earth.

Don't go full retard, you fucking turbotard.

Goddamn, stop screeching you fucks.

See People need to learn not to reply to bait in these threads

5eg shouldn't be this autistic.

Because you don't roll for class features, so why should you roll for free ASIs at the start?

GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!

Welcome to Veeky Forums let the screeching begin!

Go seek help.

Looks like we could definitely be getting a book on the Planes, Planescape even, Wizards have been seeding their books with planar references.

You will need to seek help if you don't back the fuck up

You need a high five.
To the face, with multiple chairs.

Could you guys please stop replying to bait and give me some suggestions here?

The feat allows you to ignore the "loading" property of crossbows. I don't know how it is with the gunslinger, from what I've seen with Percy in CR you have to reload using one of your attacks?

Our paladin wants to multiclass into warlock (hexblade). Putting aside the "UA isn't for MC" factor for a moment, how good would that combo be?

I had an idea for my campaign of tricking them into wearing gauntlets that prevent them from straying a certain distance apart. Then their goal would be to figure out how to remove them, buying you plenty of time to have other things happen to them, drawing from their character backgrounds etc.

In general though, I'd say that you need to talk to the players individually to ascertain what their character wants, and then make sure that the means to achieve them happen to overlap for much of the campaign.

we've sorted it, we both just ended up agreeing that the wording of the feat is vague as fuck and he went for a different feat instead

overpowered

let him know hes a faggot for trying to pull this shit too

What do yall think of harmonquest? Found this on leddit.

mega.nz/#F!CUBAxACR!D03s0p6D-Nh7BkEzcTX1lA

It was originally my idea since he has story justification for it. I'm just wondering if I should've kept my mouth shut.

It's a cheese combo and sucks for theme anyway except for the edgelord bladelock/vengeance paladin combo.

Skips the 3 level requirement (and bonus action tax) of going the Tomelock+Shillelagh route.

More significantly, Hexblade's Curse is really strong.

I wouldn't really call this an overpowered combination but it's making what's already one of the strongest classes in the system better, with zero downsides.

>edgelord bladelock/vengeance paladin combo
That's exactly what our paladin is. The whole typical "haunted by a tragic past and inner demons" deal. I was pretty skeptic at first but he seems to be pulling it off pretty well.
He actually roleplays his inner conflicts and the character actually seems to suffer from being mentally unstable.

You really never should've mentioned it.

If he's roleplaying well, let him do it, but put some effort into it as well.

Have him find a magic longsword or whatever else one-handed magic weapon that's the patron in question, and that he can only use by taking levels in hexblade.

Wait, don't you also get one of the Patrons? Ancients Pal/Archfey Hexblade seems pretty cool as a Fey Outrider or a knight-errant of the [insert Archfey here].

Pallock is a very good combo, giving the Paladin a strong ranged option based off of Charisma. Hexblade also does dome stuff, I guess.

They'll be a very strong all-purpose combatant, and can get at least two low level smites off an encounter unless you come hard on short rests.

Hexblade is a patron.

I refuse to be friends with an Eldritch Knight. It's bad enough to have scum like in the group, let alone having to actually speak with him.

Maybe I'll go Monk and quivering palm him ASAP

why

You won't get high enough level to Quivering Palm.
Just shoot him in the back when he's low on health next combat.

Casters are scum. Eldritch Knights are the worst because just when you begin to consider them a bro they pull this kinda shit.

The only acceptable casters are Paladins and Clerics (but not the edgy versions like death cleric or oathbreaker).

We're starting at level 10, it's a good possibility.

Tell me user, does he have Shield and Absorb Elements? If so, kill him.

what makes a paladin better than an EK?

>it's a martialchild whining about casters episode
same as it ever was
same as it ever was

user, monks are about where EK's are as far as martial vs caster goes. BTW nice bait.

yeah I have to say at least EKs admit that they're a caster instead of using a made-up system to pretend that they aren't

A good paladin fights for justice, follows a moral code and will actually RP

A good caster does whatever the fuck they want, complain when another option is taken and bring up OOC shit or text all game.

Do you even have to ask?