/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

what do comfy cyoas need more of

what do comfy cyoas need less of

>what do comfy cyoas need more of
>what do comfy cyoas need less of
The answer for both questions is less of them.

>what do comfy cyoas need more of
Comfy
>what do comfy cyoas need less of
Uncomfy

well said

Starting off with my build:

Handle:
Single-Hand

Starbrine
Ashkalt
Moranyx
2x Anomium

Head:

Damascus/Toledo Forge Fullered Warhammer

2x Keterite
Starbrine
Ashkalt
Moranyx

Impetus

Cowardliness

Getting rid of your health complications so they don't always linger around in your thoughts.

Old verstion, user.

Boobs sound pretty comfy

I love how I spent a lot of time designing a build that gave free stuff to any anons who read it, but everyone was too busy arguing about silly things to even look at it.

I don't think I ever will not chuckle at Overwatch pictures like that

Dark Souls 2 sure was shit compared to the rest of soulsborne, but by god the infusion stones looked pretty fucking cool.
Anyway, Wilds Outside updates are underway.
Things that are going to get changed for the moment are:
Higher base stats between races.
Higher stat requirements.
Adding more skills.
Changing some fonts.
Adding extra allies & creatures.
Scrapping/reworking the Tasks section.
I'm posting the unupdated version here JIC there's any suggestion that I missed.
No, I am not changing names/giving bonus stats to your favorite race/adding more waifus/adding more husbandos.
Also Obscura's dropped until further notice. I don't know any artists that do decent comfydark pics.

Maybe you've got it confused and asses are just fake boobs

A child can't feed from an ass. They need a nipple.

Are you ever going to explain what he talks about in the end there? Obviously one is about Battlemage but what is the thing in Abria or Lechyae?

Mithril
Bloodglass
Boltyx
Starbrine
Anomium

Hand and half

Medium broad blade

No tamerino the Primeval Dragon, pls.
Making the Moonlake Bard into a ride is perfectly allowed, though.

>Adding extra allies & creatures.
>No, I am not adding more waifus/adding more husbandos.
something doesn't add up

I really can't understate how much Cra shouldn't be a stat.

Distant future CYOAs that I haven't even created a folder for yet or planned beyond concept. Gaze, Apocalypse and Audit are my current, active projects. I guess I'll tell you now because these threads will probably forget what I say today by the time I even begin working on them.

One will be a fortress/army building CYOA that follows the structure of Star Dust, but in fantasy. The other will be a sex battle CYOA.

Speaking of Audit CYOA, I still haven't designed a symbol for the Meridian Wing to replace the hakenkreuz. I'm even considering replacing the eagle and iron cross since those are obvious symbols as well. inb4 triggered /pol/ posters begin their REEing

Odal Rune maybe? It literally means heritage and was used by the Nazis, but is a lot less overt.

If they do come and REEE the thread up, I'm blaming you.
You know what I mean, user.

>Gaze

As long as it's edgy.
REEEEE iron cross predates nazis REEEEE

Wow, I might use this. Really like that.

I'll probably keep the eagle and iron cross in that case, I just don't want to make it obvious they're Nazis. I'll even try to adopt the whole odal rune flag if I can.

I know, but it's still an obvious symbol. The reason I want to replace them all is because they're symbols of real-world things and this isn't really a setting that's in the real-world.

Oh well, I can't really avoid the uniform altogether anyways.

Oh man it has been a while since i saw this one it is like the other one but good i do want a living weapon though

>Weapon stats
Blood 2
Willpower 0
Bone 6
Mind 28(!)
Density 11

>Ores
Starbrine
Ashkalt
Moranyx
Anomium(x2)

>Poles
Quarterstaff-3
Full tang-4

>Weapon head
Spetum-2+Flamberge upgrade-1

>Etchings
Arcane:Arcane Poison (free) Ghost blade -1 Moonlight -1

Plasma: Plasma scorch (free) Static-1

Spirit: Spirit song (free) Fortitude -1

Sure it looks like you can't cut steak with it however you would not like to get hit by it

Let's play a game.

Post a picture, somebody else responds with a CYOA that captures that mood.

Iron cross I can see, but raptors have been and are still used as a symbol of power almost universally regardless of country or politics, so I wouldn't bother. Though if you do replace the bird, wolves an lions are suitable thematic alternative.

I know that, but the hat and the placement of the eagle is still pretty damn obvious.

I think I'm just gonna settle with the hakenkreuz and that's it. Maybe the iron cross. The whole uniform itself is basically a symbol anyways. I'd strip her of it if I could, you know.

>Firefox
SDA, you have terrible taste in browser waifus

>Class
Hunter
+3 Stat Points

Str: 5
Def: 3
Agi: 6
Int: 3
Skl: 7

>Skills
-Physical
Martial Arts
Willpower
Sixth Sense

-Magical
Finesse
Arcane
Detect Magic

-Spiritual
Bloodlust
Monster Within
Killer Instinct

-Weaponry
Marksmanship
Ancient Weapon [Bow]
All-Seeing Eyes

-Elemental
Adaptation
Affinity [Fire]
Energy Sense

-Ethereal
Indomitable
Blessed
Premonition
Cloaking
Psychics

>Bounties
Wolf
Wurm
Dragon

>Resources
Forge
Library
Alchemy
Market
Healing
Training
Scavenging
Teleport
Diner
Bar
Hot Springs
Festival
Club
Bounty
Gambling
Underground
Inn

You need tracking? I'm your guy. With a high-grade Wolf Soul, I should be able to keep an eye on just about anyone you want. Cloaking for extra stealth, as well as my bow and stat spread so I can still provide utility as a moderate damage attacker after I track things. I'd mostly rely on groups, especially during the Culling.

Chrome has a problem with multiple tabs and massive memory leakage.

I went from Nightly to Chromium to Firefox and haven't moved in years because I don't care anymore. Considering going back to Chromium, though.

Also this

>still have to be a blind lizard or a female elf for being a great caster

I don't mind being a lizard, but being blind makes it completely not worth it. Or is the energy sense like Daredevil's senses in the rain?

SDA you need to update Star Dust with an Admiral origin that gives us 2 billion credits.

Pretty much that, yes.

2 gorillion credits*

Can't you just imagine it yourself?

>Royal Complexus
>five proficiences

holy shit that is so many stat points

No I need you to hold my hand. Plus breaking the rules of the CYOA to make a build makes it feel fake. I'd like to create my death fleet by abusing the shit out of the rules.

He'd rather you add the equivalent of a cheat option, rather than just add the credits and write some backstory to justify the amount of credits he got

It's getting changed. Don't expect that to be on the updated version.

>Cheat option
>In a CYOA
What? are you not happy with your fully modded ship you want 20 of them too?

>a sex battle CYOA
nice
when do I get to build my nazi army of anime girls?

Really? You think I'm being lazy because I don't want to writefag? Oh, sweet summer child.

i think its the guy who made a fleet with like 30 ships yesterday

>when do I get to build my nazi army of anime girls?
If this is what you're looking for in this CYOA, you'll be heavily disappointed, unfortunately.

Sure, user. Come back in 2020 when I resume working on Star Dust.

Regular
Gentle puberty
Public speaking
Creativity
Allure
Safeguard
By the beach
Big house
Huge bedroom
Live in help
Outdoor pool
Huge kitchen
Simple
Away
Supportive
Protective
ara ara
Loving
Housewife
Hardworking
Katarin
Nicole
Rhea
Nina
Aaron
Linda
Virginia
Alexia
Sophia

I like to think these comfy CYOAs happen in obviously perfect and fake worlds where you can't escape, there's some bounday, invisible wall, the road just ends in some abyss or you take a bus fall asleep and you wake up back in your bed

But I'm gonna break these walls

>If this is what you're looking for in this CYOA, you'll be heavily disappointed, unfortunately.

Can we at least purge an ethnicity or two?

>user can't even imagine a perfect world
Who hurt you?

I mean, it'd make some sense if the Queen wanted to turn you into another Terror.

Serene Serendipity CYOA:
>Boy
Body:
>Regular (Free)
Alterations:
>Gentle Puberty (-1)
>Quick Learner (-3)
>Unassuming (-2)
>Impressive (-2)
>Public Speaking (-2)
>Allure (-3)
>Safeguard (-1)
Home: (+5)
City:
>Suburban (-2)
House:
>Estate (-9)
Special Rooms:
>Huge Kitchen (Free)
>Hot Bath (-1)
>Sauna (Free)
>Home Gym (Free)
>Huge Bedroom (Free)
>Live in Help (Free)
Own Room:
>Electronics (Free)
>Neat (Free)
Parents: (+5)
Relationship Status:
>Happily Married (-7)
Personality Traits:
>Father: Crank it Up! Protective + Hardworking + Crank it Up! Wise (-5)
>Mother: Supportive + Loving + Wise (-5)
Bonus:
>Big Allowance (-3)
>Daddy's Boy (-1)
>Mamma's Boy (-1)
Younger Siblings:
>None
Older Siblings:
>None
Helpers:
Maids:
>Mimi (Free)
>Usagi (-2)
Butlers:
>Alfred (-2)
>Sabastian (-2)
Chiefs:
>Corey (-1)
>Vincent (-1)
Nannies:
>Sarah (-2)
>Harry (-2)
Friends:
>None

Only if you first purge yourself

Omedetou

A perfect world would quickly turn all of the inhabitants into mewly sniveling perpetual children. I don't want to imagine it.

All you're doing is auditing, user.

The world but this is just a plot/trope that I really like

Can I purge the paperwork?

So with Galata, do I get a total of three stat increases? One +2 and two +1s?

That's not a perfect world though.

As long as you don't piss The Queen off, she'll leave you mostly alone.
In this version, yes. In the coming version it's one +2 and three +1. To match the increases of most other locations.

race
stats
str 6
fin 6
cast 5
con 5
wil 5
spd 5
cra 6
elo 6
sta 5

location galata
proficiency spear, fur robes, explosives, mount and staff

skills water, fire, earth, wind, virtue, poison, light, corrosive and halluccinations

companions pathfinders and morris the fool
creature crag drake
task banditry

>To match the increases of most other locations.

I assume the bonuses from the wilds outside are all separate, right?

You pick two from:
Creature 15 or less
Str +2
Cast +2
Sta +3
Communion Proficiency
Devourer Skill

or is it:
Creature 15 or less
Str +2, Cast +2, Stam +3
Communion Proficiency
Devourer Skill

I've never understood why anyone would want to live in a perfect world. Humans weren't made to be happy forever, it would ruin us mentally and psychologically.

If anything were on the table. I'd want a cathartic world. Tragedy is good for humans, but only when that tragedy is for the betterment of the soul. I don't think humans have ever truly hated suffering, but they want to suffer justly and nobly. This world lacks the "fairness" that we see in the stories we read growing up. Suffering often just amounts to the randomness of the universe and there's little to no lessons in our pain. The meaningless of the world fills us with despair, but that despair does not lead to enlightenment because the basis of the universe is inhuman and cold, so we fail to derive catharsis from it. The societal delusion is necessary for humanity to continue believing in itself. If humans stray too far from this they'll grow cold and bitter towards each other and the world will be all the worse off for it.

What happened to the Golden Age of CYOAS we used to frolick in.

Who or what is the queen anyway? Because I feel like I missed something in the CYOA.

Do you seriously expect me to read all that? Look at these threads.

No it's fine. I'm just typing to myself in the end. You don't have to read it if you don't feel like it.

I hope you get better, user.

Separate. Like your first example.
The Queen is sort of a fantasy illuminati sort of entity, controling the entire region from the shadows. Nobody really knows who she is, where she lives, what she's looking to obtain...
All that anyone knows is that she has eyes all across Sadira and that going against her almost always results in disaster.
Her influence only extends to Sadira, though. She has no say in neither Cardena, Aystabus or any other major region.
Due to her nature, I decided to keep all mentions to her very vague and brief.

>people who live in the desert think humans weren't meant to not be thirsty all the time

''but only when that tragedy is for the betterment of the soul.''
What does that even mean?

>The soul of alma is a terror that was created by separating the soul from the body
If i reach a high enough level can i make myself one of those?

Ok that really clears things up.

People don't understand the ramifications.
They don't understand that the most beautiful things in this life are also the most painful.
I think its a especially true here, and its a symptom of being a NEET

>Humble Beginnings
Asteroth
Vecator
Accursed Township
Lv. 40

Str: 13
Fin: 20
Cast: 30
Con: 9 (12)
Wil: 27
Spd: 10
Craf: 20
Elo: 16
Sta: 19 (22)

>Proficiences
Staff
Token
Tome
Mage Robes
Rapier

>Skills
Elemental Magic
Warding
Alchemy
Living Arms
Quickening
Lifecraft
Training
Transcend
Taming
Summoning
Trapmaking
Conditioning

>Companions
Argas of the Thorns
Roziah
Alma the Thief
Sandstone Dragonfly
Mountain Runner

>Tasks
Archivist
Trapmaking
Gladiator
Explorer

>Terrors
Soul of Alma
Immaculate Herald (Survived)
Talon, the Last Colossus (Death)

Asteroth was born in a town that's name has been lost to the ages, after it was almost entirely wiped out by plague. While he seemed unaffected (speculated to be because of his Vecator blood), the rest of his town perished, with his parents having been dead for years at that point. Seeking to make something of himself, he decided to fight the 'Terrors' that walked the realm of Sadira for a chance a glory. An incredible Mage, he spent four or so years working odd jobs, before feeling confident enough to take on the Soul of Alma. Managing to destroy it completely, he decided the glory of just one was not enough. He took on the Immaculate Herald and won just by the skin of his teeth, yet it still wasn't enough. He wanted two more, Talon and Bone & Skin. Yet when he went to fight Talon, during a critical moment his skin took on a pallid tone and his spellcasting was interrupted by a couch. Pustules rapidly formed on his skin, and he realized his Vecator blood wasn't immune to the plague that ravaged his town, but just slowed it. As all his friends met their ends as he desperately tried to maintain focus and cast, but it was for naught as Talon finished off his faithful Mountain Runner and turned to him as his eyes closed for the last time.

My roles. I gambled too much I guess :(

That's retarded.

Not exactly, but more or less.
The Soul of Alma is a result of a soul that was kept away from the body for too long and, since every soul needs a body to harbor it, it created the Terror to fulfill that dogma. Dogmas are, by the by, a series of maxims that can only be true. Infrangible laws of sorts. EG: "If siblings are born undead, each will suffer the wounds of the other". Or "All souls are harbored in a body and all bodies harbor a soul".

Huh? Different user here. I read Galata and inferred it to mean that all bonuses offered by proficiencies were increased by one. Either the wording is unclear or I'm missing something. Is it capped at +2, +1, +1, or....?

I wanna kill all the Terrors and rebel against the Queen.

The name is above the description. That's the Royal Complexus.