Time for a Guild Ball Thread

Time for a Guild Ball Thread

>Fuck Fish Edition

-----GUILD BALL GENERAL-----

steamforged.com/

Season 3 Rules
static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/5836b3986b8f5ba7a0d3a82a/1479979944479/GB-Season3-Rulebook.pdf

All cards available online
steamforged.com/guildball

Official Vassal Module
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Guild_Ball

Other urls found in this thread:

steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/sowing-the-seeds-of-victory
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck yeah, Guild Ball thread.

Anybody got any more rulebook leaks? Thing is only two days away from street date, surely someone has gotten their hands on it. I want to see the new players in it.

fucking fishermen ruined fishermen

>was planning on making a GB thread when I got home
>see this thread in the catalog

Mah niggas. I haven't seen any spoilers yet but I'm assuming it's going to be a massive spoiler dump when it drops. The book should have the entire Farmer's Guild and maybe Grace and Benediction which I'm pretty excited for. Doubt they'll have stats but I'm guessing it will at least spoil what the Guild coming out after Farmwr's will be

Way too hyped for my new hunters, even if I'm tempted to get a second team. Which team would be a fun/good change of pace to them? The only teams I really dislike the look of are the drunks/cutters

>almost done painting my first team
>going to do Hooper and then I have a full team of 6
>got Quaff, Stoker, Mash and Pintpot waiting to be painted
>picked up Harry the Hat and Hemlocke for Union options
>ended up buying the Union bundle and Easter Fangtooth during the Easter sale
>8 more models to paint

I... think I'm biting off more than I can chew. Really looking forward to painting up Avarisse and Greede though

>tfw I have no advice because my main guilds are Butcher's Guild and Brewer's Guild

uhhh UHHHH... I guess I'd say maybe Fisherman's or Alchemist's Guild

Morticians are fun

I should also add that I wasn't aware that Avarisse and Greede came with a separate chest piece so you can magnetize them and swap Greede out with the blank plate when they split up on the pitch. I thought that was pretty sweet.

Well, I was thinking Alchs or Morts might be the answer. I do already own Avarisse and the leprechaun, so Morts might be the winner there.

Would Starter+Dirge+BPM with the already owned duo be a solid start?

That would be a good place to start, yeah. You might want to consider picking up Silence as well. He pairs well with Dirge for bringing the bird back at full health if someone is stupid enough to try and get a VP off it. He's also amazing for completely buttfucking your opponent's gameplan with Tucked/Shutout. He's also a pretty decent kicker if you get him the ball and Fireblast is pretty decent if you've got nothing else to do. Only complaint I really have about him is his Playbook is kinda meh, but his Character Plays make up for it

Yeah, Silence is definitely on the list. Just sticking to 6 for now though since I'm poor

Who's planning to pick up the Farmer's Guild? From what little we've seen I'm pretty excited. They look like they're going to be super tricky to play but I always love the gimmicky options. Windle looks like he could be a beast if he can snack on a Harvest marker

I'm curious how much they're going to end up costing though. I'm not super keen on the switch from metal to plastic, but I'm hoping it means that they will be more cost effective at least. I wanna see those mascots pretty bad, especially battle donkey

HunterMorts guy here. Depending on how long I stick to Skatha only before picking up Morts, Farmers could take Morts' place

I've heard around 50 but they'll all come in one box and won't be available separately

Huh. Actually might go for them based on cost and looks alone then. I don't mind the plastics, really.

I normally don't mind plastic either. I'm more griping about the fact that I prefer the weight of metal models especially in games with low model counts, and it's going to throw me off when one of my teams has a noticeably different feel than all the rest

so in short autism

Why talk about dead game ? SF droped hammer on guild ball and farmers are first portent of doom.

If anyone can get the actual season 3 book today, I will pay.

Care to elaborate? Because it's only been gaining traction over time and they're showing nothing but support for it to make it more accessible for new players

>Why talk about dead game ? SF droped hammer on guild ball and farmers are first portent of doom.
Clearly retarded.

The only mistake they made in S3 was Hunters, specifically Theron. Jaime should be crucified for that one.

GB is growing fast in my area though. Tournament this Sunday.

I only started playing recently, how often do they update the rules for models? Is it every season? I've got to agree that even though Hunters look badass Theron is easily one of the weakest around. I think it would go a long way if he at least had a way to activate one or two of his character plays through his playbook. It's like his character plays say "keep me at a distance and burn through half your teams INF" but his playbook says "I should be up in someone's face wailing on them with my bow". I also think it's pretty fucking weird that as the Hunters captain he doesn't get Light Footed even though he can make a temporary forest. It would at least make him that much better if he could utilize it more effectively

The one Union per roster restriction was pretty pants-on-head-retarded too to be fair. Should have just been one Union on the pitch.

They do revisions each season, but the S3 mass-revision isn't something that will be seen again for a while. Their general plan is to tweak the problematic models each season and then every couple years do a big balance pass like they did with S3.

Also, Theron not having light footed is fine honestly. I've never felt like he needed it in all the games I've played with him. He's certainly got problems, but I never felt like that was one of them.

steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/sowing-the-seeds-of-victory

New article talking about Farmer's Guild design. Not a whole lot we didn't already know but the few spoilers are pretty cool. Apparently Peck and the donkey are also capable of reaping/planting and the Crop Dusting character play sounds beastly. Drop it on someone that's already activated so they can't trample your harvests and send Windle or Tater in to smash some face on your next activation

Ok I will elaborate. SF is going to push out another skirmish game with campaign but also strong tournament vibe in tottaly different universe then GB. They openly state as much.

Plastic GB figs look terrible compered to metals but are good quality if you think of them in terms of board game (like Blood Rage for example).

SF said openly that thay will eng GB when its in "a good place". So now - you push out plastic 50$ teams for all guild say 4 season and and the ordeal alltogether to push all your resoruces to another game. GB will only be a board game with once a year plastic unbalanced thing going out.

I know it is going to be like that soon. You can belive or pump money in it and see for yourselves.

Also I know this chubby fuck from SF reads Veeky Forums as he is mastrubating over Brisket art so big fuck to you fat falla

The new game is a much larger scale (20+ minis per player) and is focused on league play and not tournament play. They have said as much.

For the plastics, it won't be long before we see the final product for the Farmers. So far every time they've shown them off they've looked better than before; Matt Hart showed off a nearly production quality version in a facebook video the other day and it honestly looked indistinguishable from a metal model in terms of detail. The problem of nothing but static sculpts remains, but hopefully gets fixed in the future.

The rest of your post is just utter horseshit.

You are probably this pig eyed fuck I'm talking about. Not leauge but torunament - state your source fat falla. And plastics look crap - you cannot do any sharp parts and you cannot do propper smal parts on miniatures. Just look at shit quality of Dark Souls that backers diss from the start.

Face it SF is cash grabing firm that will disaper in few eyears dont waste your money on this shit kids.

My source is the SteamCON keynote fuckwad. They said it's focused on league play with faction growth built into the core ruleset. Go rewatch it if you don't believe me.

And no, the plastics are looking surprisingly fine. I'm not talking about Dark Souls, I'm talking about Guild Ball. I stated my fucking source for that claim too but you didn't bother to go watch that either. If I didn't already know that that model was plastic I never would have been able to guess that (the model was already primed).

>Planters, on the other hand, tend to have quite high Influence generation, such as Jackstraw who has a [3/3] INF attribute.
Ooof.

Farmers are going to be weird as hell aren't they?

Dude why do you lie ? He says tournament anyone can chack it in youtube vid ffs you take all people are dumber then yourself or something ?

Did SF tell you to come here and push this shit on us or what ?

He says that it'll support tournaments but not that it's focused on it -- whereas he does flat out state that the focus is on growth leagues. Stop making shit up. It makes you look like a fucking retard.

Just ignore the baitposter. He posts his ridiculous conspiracy theory shit every thread. It's not worth interacting with him.

Anyone else interested in a petition for Jaime to be fired?

The only issue with Jaime was just that he was both the Hunter's lead designer and also the lead playtester, and so he was blinded to the Hunter's faults. Conflict of interest, basically. Playtesters shouldn't also be designers, the whole point is to get a second set of eyes on something and that didn't happen with Hunters and it shows.

Outside of that misstep I think Jaime's been doing a pretty good job overall. And the Hunters aren't even all that bad overall, they're just generally a bit undertuned. A couple +1s to stats here and there and they'd be 100% fine.

Guild11 exists

I think he needs some other balance guy who is equal to him. I thought Bryce was that but maybe not.

At least Jamie is not lead designer for Farmers or the next one

This general is big enough now. We need to decide: who are /ourguys/

me

ids habbening beby

What teams do they play for? Do we know? Are they union only?

you fucks want Windle, Harrow, and Bushel too even though we've seen em?

Not unless they're any different, which they probably aren't. Also, for Buckwheat, is his jog a 5" or a 6"? Do you know?

4"

That's a real shame.

Is this all there is? No 11th guild, no unannounced players for older guilds yet to be seen?

People don't know for sure but looks like the 11th guild is not in this book. Steamforged being confusing yet again

If the 11th guild isn't in the book then I'm not expecting them to be in Season 3. Probably got pushed forward to S4.

Oh I'm sure it does exist. I'm also sure that if it's not in the rulebook then it won't be in S3. What's the bloody point of making a rulebook with every single character in the game just to be outdated in like two months?

wow bot those saltocian are crap and those farmers look like total shit. They are below hunters in level. Puzzle shit that wont touch fish or alchemist ... failed chance to repair this fucked up shit of a game

bait, right?

no Veeky Forums user. Farmers look like crap. Sure planting is nice and fresh. Sadly with 3 season meta wont let them use all that as game will be over to soon. They have no anwsers for the worst faults of GB (dominance of scoring)

>the solthecians are crap
Are you fucking kidding me? The Union get a 3/5 inf model with striker stats and oodles of utility on top of that and this is crap? Jesus Christ you are spoiled for choice.

Vet Rage loves Benediction, too. Benediction just runs up the middle, only occasionally attacking to push targets into good melees, turning on Bloody Coin for Vet Rage, being tanky as fuck while doing things without demanding influence, and Vet Rage can chain Red Fury off of Benediction to affect models on the other side of the bloody pitch.

But these are crap models, sure. Whatever you say man.

>Jackstraw is actually a robot and not just a dude dressed like a scarecrow

That's fucking cool but his stats are pretty meh. I guess if nothing else he's a decent INF battery and he can set up a lot of harvest markers for his reapers or to do his weird movement through

>Grace and Benediction
>bad

Haha oh bait-kun~

So... farmers are crap?
looks like this week is just getting better and better.

He can do a 18" goal threat on his own, if he has 3 inf and the ball. 2 for Crop Dusting, placing one of the two harvest markers within 4" of himself. He uses his free teleport there, putting himself on the other side of the marker getting 4" + 60mm of movement, then 2" jog, then 8" kick. That's not terrible.

lookin kinda QUALITY there.

5/6, 3/3, 3/3, 1/2 for 11 inf and 2 more dudes seems kinda neat. I really wish the ass was better tho, the cock just seems far more versatile and powerful.

Ok I really wish he still had his scythe now.

Peck seems good if you're dealing with a lot of KD, but Buckwheat doesn't look awful. If you're wanting to smash more face he's pretty good with all the momentous damage/KD and potentially free attack and movement if you can get him near a harvest marker

KD and no INF < Movement options for your team and INF
COcky works on any condition, and someday you'll Sic 'em on the bird and get 3 momentum on 5 hits.

They seem pretty good to me.

I dunno, with Grainge's aura the ass is a pretty great passe. 3/10 kick on passes and a jog from harvest markers isn't too shabby

anybody have any WIPs to post? I never see anyone posting their models. I'm just about done putting up the finishing touches on Spigot and going to paint Hooper tomorrow after work. Then I'm going to clearcoat them all

Friday was a bitch and a half to paint but I think she came out ok from an "at the table" perspective

Pics or it didn't happen

the jog is 4 and pass requires INF, Im not feeling it, despite the long range.

His playbook isn't that bad either. If he engages with Grange he shits momentous damage at effectively tac 6. Though so does Millstone.

I think scoring should be worth 3 VP.

That seems way too harsh. You'd need 3 goals and 2 TOs to win a game. One could be a mascot kill, but that still would dramatically increase game-time and it would be so impractical that I don't think any team could reasonably make 3 or 4 goals part of a game plan

I have my hands on the new rulebook and can confirm that there are no yet unspoiled models in it. I also cannot find any listing of what Union models play for whom, so I have currently no idea what Union (if any) the Farmers can field nor any idea who Grace & Benediction can run for. Will update further after more investigation.

I can also say after skimming quickly through the fluff that I saw no mention of any guild that could be considered to be Guild11 in the fluff at all. So either it's the Solthecians as initially suspected, or Guild11 has no fluff at all, or there's a Season 3.5 coming out, or Guild11 has indeed been pushed to Season 4.

3.5 and DAMN. has a part II, heard it here first folks

That's a bummer. I was hoping we'd get the Seamstress's Guild or at least the Church. Does it at least explain why too templars are joining up with the Union?

There's a lot of segments where the church people are talking yeah. I didn't read them, but they're present. I didn't read them, just skimmed them looking for capitalized guild names, but I assume they do a good job of explaining why in the hell everything in the Union happened the way it did.

I'd be cool with seeing more lore stuff, spoiler-user. Anything relevant in the wake of based Ghast being mauled to death? Or on Blackheart and Coin?

Is the donkey jog really only 4?

It really is only 4". It still has a 20" goal threat, though.

Fair enough. Still gonna field him.

He does seem like Grange's mascot of choice yeah. I'm not sure who thought having a mascot that is able to do a 3/10" pass was a good idea but I love it and it's hilarious.

Or effective Tac 6 in Grange's aura with 2-5 momentous damage in that aura. Donkey is kinda disgusting.

Any chance you could take some pics of Farmer's fluff blurbs? Just the model ones, I mean, not the talky bits.

Sure. I've got a minute, anyways.

Thresher seems like a bro of a grandpa. I dig it

I'm glad he's an actual robot and not a person.