/swg/ Political Debates Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

If someone could post that link to a high-res scan of Forged In Battle for the next OP, that would be great.

And make sure you put the new cover on those TPS reports.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/swrpgadventures?lang=en
d20radio.com/main/holonet-uplink-u-wing-and-variants/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone have suggestions for fun SW FFG encounters (social or combat) or set pieces?

Things like the PC's freighter crashing into the water and having to escape before drowning. Or swoop bike chases. Or getting info from an informant while gambling.

Players go to a spice deal where they plan to doublecross a crime lord and take his stash and his money... only to arrive and find someone else is already there making a deal with them AND another party is there getting ready to ambush both sides. Will it become a fourway war over a kingpin's drugs? Will the players offer to help the other group for a cut? Will the players save the kingpin at the last moment to gain his trust? Will they call in Imperial authorities to gain standing with them? Will they sit back and let everyone kill each other then move in like vultures? Will they just move in and get what they came for me or die trying?

If you're looking for good EotE ideas, watching any number of good crime movies from the 70's - 90's is a godsend and a trove of ideas to run campaigns for the less-than-noble, for the criminals seeking redemption, or the authorities trying to control it all.

>Players need to help protect a cargo load operation... but it turns out the cargo is something they owned that's been stolen
>Transport a nightsister for the Zahn Consortium. The stuff in her hookah is quite potent.
>Twi'lek dancer thinks it's her big break on Coruscant... but she's being sold into slavery on Nal Hutta. Can you get her out of the club for her well off family, especially if she doesn't want to go?

The party is infiltrating hutt's palace, when they are confused for a band/circus performers/twi'lek strippers. Can they mantain their cover?

Anyone know if the U-wing has been statted out for the rpg?

>PCs are contracted to steal a starship... only after entering one of the PCs realizes it was once his.

>Wealthy local mayor hires the PCs to kill an opponent.. but has also hired someone to kill the PCs.

>Variant of above, a wealthy mayor hires the PCs to kill an opponent... who is their employer and the reason they came to that city in the first place.

>ISB hires the PCs to investigate an uncharted installation on a Wild Territories world... where they discover it isn't abandoned.

>PCs meet someone in a cantina... who looks identical to one of the party members.

>PCs investigate an abandoned freighter drifting through the Outer Rim. They hear banging from the other side of a locked door and cries for help... and after slicing through, find an empty closet with no other way out.

How much time passes between the destruction of Alderaan and the battle of yavin? IS it more than a week? I want my AoY game to start on the eve of the destruction of Alderaan and wanna know how long it'd take before they possibly get rerouted to do some kinda supporting actions during the battle of Yavin.

Battle of Yavin occurred the next day.

This weekend, i'll be running a campaign that I wrote, using a mix of Imperial Assault and X-wing, about the Rebels and Empire fighting for control of an outer rim planet.

Would Veeky Forums be interested jn some sort if live-blogging of it?

Here you go.
>twitter.com/swrpgadventures?lang=en
Over 600 adventure hooks.

I'm seriously debating running 4 Strikers with Predator-

Does anyone have any good resources for running All-Striker lists? Batttle reports of other people doing it? Articles, advice or tactics tips?

Definitely.
Tell us some good stories user

Speaking of that, would anyone be able to help me write some fluff for exposition?

Missions are as follows-

-advance scout pilots skirmish to get an early foothold on the planet

- Strike teams attempt to take control of a fuel refinery (IA)

- Rebels attempt to destroy an imperial communications array in space

- empire attempts to take control of a rebel weapons/munitions depot. (IA)

- Empire attemps to destroy a rebel cargo ship that is carrying goods to appease the local hutts.

- the Rebels attempt to steal intelligence from an imperial outpost (IA)

Both fleets arrive and engage in a battle over the planet.

Speaking of this, would an AoR PVP campaign akin to Imperial Assault work?

One group of players are the Rebels, one group are the Imperials. They act alongside NPCs of their respective faction in a "narrative" battle campaign where they both play against one another on different days doing PVE and the victors affect the outcome of the next result. For example, the Rebel team may destroy an Imperial supply depot, and so in the next game the Imperials have less weaponry and munitions available, but then they take out an airfield (spacefield?) of refueling X-Wings and the Rebel team loses air support in their next go, then on the fourth week (week 1 rebels, week 2 imps, week 3 rebels, week 4 imps, then final 4 week engagement) where both sides come together and do a battle sequence with PVP involved.

It sounds like a nightmare to get together, but if it worked, holy shit would it be fun.

Two days. 3 at most

Maybe? The campaign that i'm writing for is a 3v3 campaign and all missions give rewards solely in the final game, as that is easier to balance for. If you give rewards for the next game, snowballing is a serious issue.

I read the thread title as political diabetes.

>Han, Luke amd Obi Wan spent 2 to 3 days running around the Death Star

You fucken muppet.

Is the senate building's design aactually something that would be usable in an actual government building?

If congress had a wizard remodel their building into the senate building from star wars, would it actually function effectively?

Hi all. I'm thinking of running a Star Wars RPG game some time in the future. Which system has the best, most in-depth rules for starship combat?

Looking to run a game where the players are stationed in a Star Destroyer. Some of the player characters will be on the bridge, commanding the Star Destroyer and overlooking the battle, while others will be in TIE Fighters/bombers/inteceptors/what have you taking care of enemy fighters, taking out turrets on enemy capital ships, that sort of thing.

Starship combat? Without Houserules? WEGd6 but you'll need fan stats for some of the newer ships.

Seconding. I'm running a WEGD6 starship game right now with some houserules to just clear up wacky shit.

you'd have to recess every time you wanted to talk to another senator it would be a fucking mess

Encrypted comms, or failing that passing notes via droid courier for ultimate security.

What do you think the security would be like on Clone Wars-era weapon dumps (both CIS and Republic)? What would you expect to find? Asking for an AoR campaign.

On the ffg forums somebody statted it out. I gave the following to my players, they seem to like it.

Era: Rise of the Empire/Rebellion

Hull type: Dropship

Ship Class: UT-60D (U-Wing)

Manufacturer: Incom Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 2 (Backup Class 15)

Navcomp: Equipped

Sensor Range: Medium

Ship's Complement: Pilot, Co-Pilot (Optional: Door Gunners x2; from passengers

Encumbrance Capacity: 10 (not including passengers and their carried gear)

Passenger Capacity: 10

Consumables: 1 month

Cost/Rarity: Not Available For Sale

Customization Hard Points: 3

Silhouette: 3

Speed: 4

Handling: +1

Defense: 1/1

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 17

System Threshold: 18

Weapons:
Forward Mounted Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)
Optional, dependent on loadout: 2 Door Guns (Variable based on mission. Does not require a hard point)

Does this factor in the swing wing?

We've said it doesn't really matter. If you wanted I guess give it +1 handling with the wings out and +0 when they're in.

CIS is easy, battle droids on an independent circuit that dodged the shutdown, complete with autoturrets and ray shields, for an old-school dungeon dive. Republic would probably be scoured clean by the empire as it cleaned up in the aftermath of the clone wars, but any surviving ones would be more like a vault, locked down super-tight in a remote area and forgotten rather than having numerous guards

So which FFG book has the HWK-290 I only see the HWK1000...

Huh okay. I feel the Empire would've locked both of those things down, wouldn't they? You're spot on with the Republic vaults, but at least planets with CIS equipment would be locked down by a blockade and regular probe droids perhaps. Either way, I'm down for a dungeon crawl.

F&D core has it, I'm sure it's in multiple places though.

Cool! Which book has the Defender stats again?

AoR Core

Minor CIS ones might've been passed over in the transition to Empire, as their whereabouts couldve been wiped from mainframes before the new empire forces got to them. Think asteroid bases in the outer rim somewhere, small enough to stay beneath notice but still piles of weaponry and similar material.

True true. I kind of want to hit a major one though.

While i'm thinking they wouldve been priority two or three in the imperial clone war cleanup, never let it be said that reasons need to get in the way of fun and dungeon crawling. Just try to come up with some reason why the empire forgot about this one, even if its just that Trade Federation Representative #126 never trusted dooku and had his private base hidden from the main plans and his forces on a separate system. Plenty of loot available, and the chance of finding an insanely terrified nemoidan convinced every shadow is Vader, come to chase him down like the rest of his seperatist friends. But if you don't add in a cavalcade of droidekas as the equivalent to indiana joneses giant rolling rock of doom moment, you're a shit.

>indiana joneses giant rolling rock of doom moment
Giant Droidekas. Of doom.

Have faith in me, user. It will happen, it's unavoidable.

I'm thinking about trying out something along the lines of TFA Chewbacca with three cheap captured TIEs and I'm not sure if it makes more sense to buff up Chewie with a scavenger crane and countermeasures, crane and missiles+chips, crane+missiles+countermeasures, or ditch the crane idea entirely and go for cheap crew to fit swarm leader and swap zeb or rex for ahsoka so I can have ahsoka and sabine both with Juke. Anyone got experience trying out some form of nuChew+miniswarm?

Hi. I'm the idiot playing a Sith in an old republic FFGSWRPG game.

So we've got one player as a Vader-type lightsabery enforcer dude, and another guy that wants to be a Dooku-like political manipulator, so I figure I'll be a creepy mystic with weird dark side magic.

Is there any way to homebrew weird dark side magic that doesn't involve making a new career?

I like to think that lightsaber combat is different from any other martial art, simply because the combatants can see branching futures and have access to superhuman physical abilities.

Maybe that justifies all the flipping and twirling.

Add strange trappings to existing powers, and talk with the GM about it.

Precognition is the main one. Plus the fact that they're telekinetic space wizards, who can do stuff like throwing extra power behind their swings/speed to their thrusts and yoda-style flippy shit by telekineting themselves, as well as bombarding their opponent with the environment

desu i like the luke v. vader style better for no reason other than aesthetic

Trying to find ways to upgrade lightsabers thats at least Lore plausable.

Like Weapon Enchants in D&D, only for lightsabers.

are there such things?

There's upgrades in Force and Destiny

It depends on how much time the Falcon spent in Hyperspace after Obi-Wan senses Alderaan being destroyed.

For me that make the huge flippydippy wasteful actions more offensive, that should get you killed. For me they should be an opportunity to depict swordsmanship straight out of the treatises and have them end when one person decides to take a chance on an ambitious manoeuvre that works out or losses them a limb.

That's the same scene as them dropping out of hyperspace to discover the ruins of Alderaan, though.

Hey guys. Any OC being made?

I've got an X-wing podcast if that's the kind of OC you mean.

Not really but at least it's something

It'd be helpful if you narrowed "OC" down to what you mean to be asking for. do you want writefagging or game-related stuff, or what?

I've seen some custom X-Wing pilot card generators across the web, but has anyone codified a set of balanced rules for custom pilot generation yet? I'm thinking of running a light encounter-based RPG using the X-Wing Miniatures game where players can play as a squad of Rebels/Imperials, maybe earning new talents along the way.

If not, I'll be sure to record the work I do to realize it, and share it later.

Holy loli, nice.

Then I guess it's "Time it takes to get from Alderaan to Yavin + about 1 Hour"

Will FFG take the Battlefield ships as canon? IE giving us the named Raider from the trailer as a title.

>as canon
Not sure what you mean here. FFG's not technically a canon source since it uses a mix of Legends and nucanon lore.

What do you guys think of the RPG stats for the YT-1000?

Battlefront ships are already canon

Well, as "FFG canon" is what I meant.

In other words, are the new games as valid a source as the older games?

You mean "could FFG reference Battlefront II material"? Yeah, they definitely could. But I think they may go for TLJ material first for the next wave.

Much as I never liked the over the top flippity bullshit, in a setting where your average saber duelist can at least precog some aspect of what you're going to do, something like a multi-flip jump might actually help.

Consider, in your head, you see the guy spin in the air and then throw his saber.

He then leaps into the air.
He spins.
You prepare.
He spins again.
Oh, shit, i didnt think of that.

Little repetetive move might be more helpful against precognitives, since they know you're going to attack from one of them - but which one?
After which saber twirl are you going to go for that overhead swing.

It becomes a game of fake-out movements and flourishes designed to throw off the opponent to try and make him misjudge his own precognition.

r8 my list

You can borrow ideas from Saga and heirloom(? Or is that legacy?) items. If the F&D upgrade rules don't strike a cord.

I guess if you wanted some kind of quasi-reason for it, buying time to process the amount of information coming in from-
>force powers
>the opponent
>the environment
If you can maintain distance to avoid being struck, you can maintain enough composure to briefly ignore that you're fighting for your life and use the time to figure out the next move. Otherwise it just ends up like any other fight where any lack of civility usually disappears pretty quickly and gets all instinctual with people wrestling, stabbing, eye gouging and tearing each other to bits.

I stab him while he spins because he had the audacity to turn his back to me.

Saber duelists should be more creative like this

A dies in that first one, B would keep his momentum despite being stabbed, that's a double kill.

If you would have bothered to read it says to dodge your opponents strike first.

I like the ideas of this, but most force moves don't work on trained fighters(jedi/sith), so half of them are invalid

If Kanan and Ezra can force push Vader I am sure you could use these techniques on some one your level or below.

The digram depicts the sabre coming down on the A's head and B letting go as though that's what's stopping the kill. The diagram and the text should match up. The move itself assumes a massive amount of telegraphing why is he preforming this huge unnecessary swing? and that you have the ability to preform a closing void with a deactivated sabre and thus no ability to close the line.

It's just feels like a really creative way to get yourself killed.

This is autism

Scything critique, I retire.

It's pretty easy. Just take the generic pilot, and add 1 Squad Point for every upgrade slot or PS you add to your custom pilot. That's all the current releases do for their aces. Custom pilot abilities get trickier. What I would do is take the ability from an existing pilot, see how much that ability alone is worth (by doing what we did above for upgrades and PS in reverse) and add that to your Squad cost.
Obviously you need permission from an opponent to field any of this shit.

I could put out a full-blown guide on how to make this sort of "balanced" custom pilot in the form of a blog or video if there's a demand for it.

AoR core has a shitty set of stats comparable to the Y-Wing.

This is a poor time for an end to political debates, I just started reading Bloodline and its seems bretty gud so far. Leia is apparently teaming up with an actual, dyed in the wool empire apologist.

Just finished reading the Thrawn novel
Spoilers ahead
Damn, we never found out what his history was with Anakin

I like to imagine this was the Vong story Dave Filoni was planning.
Anakin and Thrawn teaming up against the Praetorite Vong

ywn see this

Yeah I've started reading it too and I like it so far. I have to say she did a good job of writing Leia

>More Vong
>More "Thrawn's actually a good guy" apologism, possibly with "The Emperor was just trying to defend the galaxy" thrown in

No thanks

Are you new?

I'll assume you are.

Inquisitor wants his title, Autothrusters, Push the Limit, and if he can afford them, Proton Rockets.

Swap Vader to Adaptability or Trick shot, and give Inquisitor PTL and Autos.

I think "Cuck" Wendig's Aftermath has that last part in it still for Nucanon

What's the most interesting thing going on in X-wing right now? are people actually hyped at all for the new releases for Wave XI? I get it if you're an Imp player because having a turret character is really nice, but Scum and Rebels don't feel like they're getting much (other than the Scum Huge ship, I guess).
In terms of releases, I've got to admit, i'm kind of bored. In terms of the state of the game, I'm still having a ton of fun, but things feel like they're starting to stagnate.

The Wookiee gunship will be very interesting to see from a mechanical standpoint, but isn't really great in terms of characters or style. I'm very interested in what's up with the /AG and the H-6 though.

Incoming DARK GREETINGS

I like the Wookie gunship. If Lowbacca was a pilot, I'd buy it as soon as I could. But it's not something that's going to shake up the meta on it's own. The reinforced shields thing needs to get proliferated more before it becomes something really interesting to me. Having it on this one, unimpressive ship does nothing for me.

In how long? 6 months? a year? more?
How long does it really take for FFG to design the card, playtest, source art, and find an expansion that it makes sense in? If Trioculus is coming (and I hope he is) it's not gonna be so soon that it makes waves in the here and now in terms of his rules. It's more just hype over Veeky Forums getting some sway over FFG.

Raith Sienar
Empire only. Crew.

Choose one friendly TIE. It may equip an additional modification at -2 points. You may equip an illicit upgrade with a squad points cost of 2 or less at no additional cost.

2 points

I haven't gotten to aftermath 2 and 3 but isn't the threat from the unknown region Snoke? I mean yeah Palps is a Sith but darksiders have a tendency to not enjoy each other.

Would they be willing to mess with adding upgrades mid-game?

What's a good starting ship for a party derived from all books (rebels, force users, and smugglers) that's under 80,000 credits?

Jabba and salvage crane do that already, no?

Those let you reuse thing you already have.

The intention is you just add stuff during squad building. Raith is not an active combatant, but he does travel with his personal stash and a new prototype.

We're in the slow period of the year for X-wing.

We'll get one off-wave release (Imp Vets last year, Scum Epic this year) before Gen Con. Then at Gen Con a bunch of things will get announced and pre-released and the cycle starts again with people complaining about how much new stuff they need to buy.

I think they do it this way to give themselves some factory time to reprint the backlog.

Anyway I'm a complete X-wing addict so new ships always interest me. This also looks to be a fairly well designed wave with a bunch of new interesting upgrades.

Worlds is coming up in a few weeks, so lots to follow from that. It'll be my first time going and I'm hyped as fuck.

After that you've got Store Championships, which is probably my favorite part of the tourney season. A tournament every weekend and people experimenting with all sorts of crazy stuff.

Then the C-ROC and Wave XI drop.

I'm not excited to see even more TLTs everywhere with Empire fielding them too, the Auzituck doesn't interest me in the slightest because it just seems like a replacement for the upgradeless filler B-wing, and the Havoc is either going to make bombs be used in every single list or it's going to never touch the board like the Punisher.

D20 radio has fan stats of it and a few fan variants.
d20radio.com/main/holonet-uplink-u-wing-and-variants/