/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Shot Heard Around The World Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/download/czo8eekjoepnkd5/Osprey - CAM 037 - Boston 1775.pdf
mediafire.com/download/f6ya81szzgk8nqe/Osprey - MAA 273 - General Washington's Army (1) 1775-78.pdf
mediafire.com/download/gst8vzz6cmqtzom/Osprey - MAA 285 - King George's Army 1740-93 (1).pdf
mediafire.com/download/hw2yncm97j089cr/Osprey - MAA 289 - King George's Army 1740-93 (2).pdf
mediafire.com/download/ejqzn3zj98280ov/Osprey - MAA 290 - General Washington's Army (2) 1779-83.pdf
mediafire.com/download/47ia2b0flhkl418/Osprey - MAA 292 - King George's Army 1740-93 (3).pdf
mediafire.com/download/yc6z628888fs5s1/Osprey - WAR 019 - British Redcoat (1) 1749-1793.pdf
mediafire.com/download/hxp44eoupcuzjii/Osprey - WAR 176 - Patriot Militiaman in the American Revolution 1775-82.pdf
mediafire.com/file/5m6ljy37aus679i/Command Decision - Barbarossa.pdf
mediafire.com/file/2crr4c4iy88ixpy/Command Decision.pdf
cubalibrewargame.blogspot.co.nz/2017/04/phantoms-over-havana-fight-1.html
wargamevault.com/product/210137/Ostfront--Fall-Weiss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

19th April in military history:

531 – Battle of Callinicum: A Byzantine army under Belisarius is defeated by the Persians at Ar-Raqqah (northern Syria).
1608 – In Ireland O'Doherty's Rebellion is launched by the Burning of Derry
1677 – The French army captures the town of Cambrai held by Spanish troops.
1775 – American Revolutionary War: The war begins with an American victory in Concord during the battles of Lexington and Concord.
1809 – An Austrian corps is defeated by the forces of the Duchy of Warsaw in the Battle of Raszyn, part of the struggles of the Fifth Coalition. On the same day the Austrian main army is defeated by a First French Empire Corps led by Louis-Nicolas Davout at the Battle of Teugen-Hausen in Bavaria, part of a four-day campaign that ended in a French victory.
1861 – American Civil War: Baltimore riot of 1861: A pro-Secession mob in Baltimore, attacks United States Army troops marching through the city.
1943 – World War II: In Poland, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising begins, after German troops enter the Warsaw Ghetto to round up the remaining Jews.
1951 – General Douglas MacArthur retires from the military.
1989 – A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.
2000 – Security guard David Sanes killed in accidental bombing in Vieques, Puerto Rico that resulted in U.S. Navy closing down its bombing range there.

It is 242 years since the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War. They were fought in Massachusetts, within the towns of Lexington and Concord, near Boston. The battles marked the outbreak of open armed conflict between the Britain and thirteen of its colonies on the mainland of British America.

Following years of rising tensions and the occupation of Boston by British troops, the military governor of Massachusetts, General Thomas Gage, began moving to secure the colony's military supplies to keep them from the Patriot militias. His actions received official sanction when orders arrived from the Secretary of State commanding him to disarm the rebellious militias and to arrest key colonial leaders. Believing the militias to be hoarding supplies at Concord, Gage made plans for part of his force to march and occupy the town.

Gage sent a scouting party out of the city towards Concord. While this patrol gathered intelligence, it also alerted the colonials that the British were planning to move against them. Aware of Gage's orders, many key colonial figures left Boston to seek safety in the country. Two days after sending out the patrol, Gage ordered Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith to prepare a 700-man force to sortie from the city. Despite Gage's efforts to keep the raid secret, the colonists had long been aware of the British interest in Concord.

As a result, many of the supplies at Concord had been removed to other towns. Around 9:00-10:00 that night, Patriot leader Dr. Joseph Warren informed Paul Revere and William Dawes that the British would be embarking that night for Cambridge and the road to Lexington and Concord. Slipping out of the city by different routes, Revere and Dawes made their famous ride west to warn that the British were approaching. In Lexington, Captain John Parker mustered the town's militia and had them fall into ranks on the town green with orders not to fire unless fired upon.

Around sunrise, Smith's advance force, led by Major John Pitcairn, arrived in Lexington. Riding forward, Pitcairn demanded the militia to disperse and lay down their arms. Parker partially complied and ordered his men to go home, but to retain their muskets. As the militia began to move, a shot rang out from an unknown source. This led to an exchange of fire which saw Pitcairn's horse hit twice. Charging forward the British drove the militia from the green.

Departing Lexington, the British pushed on towards Concord. Outside of the town, the Concord militia, unsure of what had transpired at Lexington, fell back through the town and took up a position on a hill across the North Bridge. Smith's men occupied the town and broke into detachments to search for the colonial munitions. As the British began their work, the Concord militia, led by Colonel James Barrett, was reinforced as other towns' militias arrived on the scene.

Seeing the smoke from the fire, Barrett and his men moved closer to the bridge and saw around 90-95 British troops fall back across the river. Advancing with 400 men, they were engaged by the British. Firing across the river, Barrett's men forced them back towards Concord. Unwilling to initiate further action, Barrett held his men back as Smith consolidated his forces for the march back to Boston. After a brief lunch, Smith ordered his troops to move out around noon. Throughout the morning, word of the fighting had spread, and colonial militias began racing to the area.

Aware that his situation was deteriorating, Smith deployed flankers to protect against colonial attacks as they marched. About a mile from Concord, the first in a series of militia attacks began, followed by another. After passing through Lincoln, Smith's troops were attacked at the "Bloody Angle" by 200 men. They were joined by other militiamen who took up positions across the road, catching the British in a crossfire.

As the column neared Lexington, they were ambushed by Captain Parker's men. Seeking revenge for the morning's fight, they waited until Smith was in view before firing. Tired and bloodied from their march, the British were pleased to find reinforcements waiting for them Lexington. On the colonial side, overall command had been assumed by Brigadier General William Heath. Seeking to inflict maximum casualties, Heath endeavored to keep the British surrounded with a loose ring of militia for the remainder of the march. In this fashion, the militia poured fire in to the British ranks, while avoiding major confrontations, until the column reached the safety of Charlestown.

In the day's fighting, the Massachusetts militia lost 50 killed, 39 wounded, and 5 missing. For the British, the long march cost them 73 killed, 173 wounded, and 26 missing.

>By the rude bridge that arched the flood
>Their flag to April's breeze unfurled
>Here once the embattled farmers stood
>And fired the shot heard round the world.
- First verse of Emerson's "Concord Hymn"

mediafire.com/download/czo8eekjoepnkd5/Osprey - CAM 037 - Boston 1775.pdf
mediafire.com/download/f6ya81szzgk8nqe/Osprey - MAA 273 - General Washington's Army (1) 1775-78.pdf
mediafire.com/download/gst8vzz6cmqtzom/Osprey - MAA 285 - King George's Army 1740-93 (1).pdf
mediafire.com/download/hw2yncm97j089cr/Osprey - MAA 289 - King George's Army 1740-93 (2).pdf
mediafire.com/download/ejqzn3zj98280ov/Osprey - MAA 290 - General Washington's Army (2) 1779-83.pdf
mediafire.com/download/47ia2b0flhkl418/Osprey - MAA 292 - King George's Army 1740-93 (3).pdf
mediafire.com/download/yc6z628888fs5s1/Osprey - WAR 019 - British Redcoat (1) 1749-1793.pdf
mediafire.com/download/hxp44eoupcuzjii/Osprey - WAR 176 - Patriot Militiaman in the American Revolution 1775-82.pdf

The community project this month was an obsolete unit or vehicle; post what you have!

>Also try and find the old Command Decision "Barbarossa 25" campaign. It's Barbarossa at 1/25 scale (time, distance, units)
>It used to be in the OP mediafire but I didn't see it just now. Maybe someone can re-upload it or you can find it on google. It's got weather, airlifts, naval blockades, road congestion etc. Strategic moves are done on the GDW Europa hex maps with miniatures doing the fights. It might be more complex that you're looking for but take a browse anyways
It's still there!
mediafire.com/file/5m6ljy37aus679i/Command Decision - Barbarossa.pdf
and the core rules might help
mediafire.com/file/2crr4c4iy88ixpy/Command Decision.pdf

>531 – Battle of Callinicum: A Byzantine army under Belisarius is defeated by the Persians at Ar-Raqqah (northern Syria).

Oddly I was reading last night about some Byzantine campaigns in Italy fightan Goths around that time. Seems like a very underrepresented period for wargaming despite it still being basically the ever-popular Romans versus everyone else.

It's a great subject for gaming because of all the crazy and colorful units you can field too. There are some interesting Byzantine army choices in the DB(x) rulesets.

Lacquered coffins adapted for modern air combat:

cubalibrewargame.blogspot.co.nz/2017/04/phantoms-over-havana-fight-1.html

As the designer, its always amazing to see what people get up to with the rules. A very exciting and tense AAR!

That's really cool

Anyone have a link for AK-47 Republic?

It's in the OP under Moderns

OT-64 SKOT

It's a very peculiar period and the armies fighting in it are anything but Roman. And it's more the Goths fighting everyone else. And the Franks. And the Vandals. And Roman deserters (hilarious when a Roman rebel army in North Africa was attacked during a sandstorm and the loyalists and the rebels could no longer understand who was who).

I still remember how Narses' army was called a "bunch of people from a thousand nations" by the Goths at Taginae. Fun times, fun times.

To think that once I wrote an entire thesis on that.

Small image dump because thread is off to a slow start time.

Salute this weekend, anyone going?

Any of you guys played Swordpoint?
Got a scan?

Nope, what is is?

God I really do hope Warlord does the korean war like they talked about.

Also spectre operations anyone played it?

What's a good/popular system for Napoleonics? Been wanting to branch out from Warhammer into historicals, and Napoleonics have always interested me.

That's a hugely open-ended question. The best answer is likely going to be, "whatever people near you are already playing."

The second-best answer is going to be, "something you like in the same scale and basing conventions as what the people near you are already playing."

If neither of these applies (which is unlikely, as Napoleonics are pretty widespread), then you end up with the usual questions about what game scale and miniature scale you like best. The most common Naps minis scale is 15mm. Within that group, I'd personally recommend looking at: Napoleon's Battles, Shako!, General de Brigade, Blucher, and Republic to Empire.

Nap's Battles specifically is very widespread. It's not super-granular (things get "lost" in the system) because because you're playing at the Division/Corps level most of the time, but it's pretty easy to both find copies of the game and players of it.

I personally really like Blucher. It's largely replaced Shako! as my go-to general-purpose Naps ruleset, for what that's worth.

If you'd prefer a narrative skirmish Nap-era game, I HIGHLY recommend Sharpe Practice. It's just good. Black Powder also exists from Warlord Games, but it's mostly played in 28mm (ie, expensive) and to be totally honest, the times I've tried it out it felt mostly like Warhammer Fantasy Battles 5th edition sans magic phases, so I can't honestly recommend it.

Sadly not. Have fun there, user.

Fall Weiss released for Ostfront - 1939 / 1940 Polish, French, British, Soviet and Wehrmacht lists, a map campaign and 3 stand-alone scenarios, all in one book.
A year in the making, 117 pages and with over 50 new units.

wargamevault.com/product/210137/Ostfront--Fall-Weiss

/shill :^)

Thanks, I honestly have no idea what the gaming scene is like where I am outside of Warhammer, so I guess I'll have to look around and see what's being played.

I like 28mm, and was looking for an excuse to start buying some of perry miniatures Napoleonic range, but I guess I'll have to look into the rules more.

Haven't heard any talk about it, only fans speculating about it because of a Centurion I think. They didn't do shit for WW1 either besides like two tanks.

Played spectre. Fast paced and deadly infantry combat, vehicle rules are a bit pants

Oh, I'm not going either. I suspect some of the other Greater Hampshire (the UK) based anons may though.

Gonna spend some dosh on figures anyway though. /blogshit

>Greater Hampshire
Is that like Greater Serbia?

Surprisingly similar.

isn't salute now just manufactures now since they stopped clubs coming down their tables?

Hampshire Stronk!

Not but it's a larger scale game from Gripping Beast, the guys that made saga. Heard it was comparable to Hail Ceaser

Gripping Beast didn't make SAGA, Studio Tomahawk did. GB were partnered for the figures.

Oops, ... well you learn something new everyday!

So, where do they go to remove kebab? Essex?

I'm like you. A guy at the club started to look around for people to start playing Napoleonics with. I'm tempted but I want big nice units of 50+ models in them and I don't hink 28mm is the best option out there for that

Yes. Haven't been in years, It's a shame lots of companies that I liked from last time aren't going to be showing up this year.

Who's not going?

None to be concerned over. None of them are /hwg/ friendly either, and if they are, they're terrible miniatures, Mick Yarrow comes to mind (I like them nonetheless though). Also I suppose Alternative-Armies/15mm.co.uk has some historical ranges.

I think a lot of the more interesting things at Salute these days are not historicals. Whilst once a significant minority there, all the fantasy/sci-fi stuff, well those guys seem to put in a lot more effort for the show in terms of demos and displays. Part of that is of course due to having figure ranges attached to specific games, but still the historicals guys could do a lot more to pimp their shit. Especially the non-28mm peoples.

Yeah I get it's expensive but really, just having a trade stand and selling the same old shit doesn't exactly give any justification for visiting unless they're also shit at maintaining an online store. It's Salute after all, a fuckheug show that attracts an international crowd large enough for companies to do a significant percentage of their annual trade in a day there.

/unironically grognard-y rant about grognards being grogs

Doesn't look like it from the games list. Lots manufacturers, lot of clubs listed.

You seem like the people to ask, since Veeky Forums is terrible and I'm interested for wargaming reasons anyways
Say that somewhere between 61 and 63 the OAS succeeded in putting a bullet to De Gaulle.
Would the situation in France at the time have been dire enough for widespread insurrection and possibility civil war to have broken out?
I was just reading VBCW and that Winter of 78(?) blog thing and it got me thinking about other potential civil wars or collapses in western europe in the post-war era, and I thought of France.

Terrain cabinet at the store was locked yesterday and no one had the combination, so we had to improvise.

Well played, user.

Although in retrospect, I'm sad that the template full of tank traps wasn't made of Yugioh cards.

It actually worked out pretty well. Forests are soft cover and rough terrain, islands and swamps are just rough terrain, mountains are LOS blockers. Only thing that wasn't very useful was plains.

...god damnit

You see, Vladimir...

De Gaulle fucking over NATO almost earned him a bullet from the CIA around the same time as well

When wear armor like mine...

I had way too much fun building these two

>I shoot at your Tiger!
>I summon Nature's Defense for 1G so it gets +2 HP and survives

Sounds like fun, when will there be rules for it?

But that's a Finn.

Force of Will

Oh right, been a while since I played MtG.

So, can I summon my Joraga Warcaller with like a thousand kickers to buff my Soviet conscripts?

lol

since /wip/ mostly ignores everything that isn't Games Workshop I'll share this here.

Airbrushing is fun and good. I look forward to getting the whole setup done with the cross draft booth So I can go for hours without getting paint all over my house.

He is talking to Ivans near the border

Ah, I see.

The communists would have gone for it, definitely, and the far-right elements, maybe with some spanish assistance, would have tried, too

ZSU-23-4

Can anyone recommend a history podcast? I'm not really interested in something that takes a layman's approach and being in this thread it should be clear that history through the lens of warfare/geopolitics is more important. Suggestions very welcome.

History of Rome Podcast is the go to history podcast is you haven't listened to it. Revolutions, by the same guy, is also pretty well done.

I tried History of the Byzantines but that wasn't my thing. I also tried history of the Normans but that wasn't my thing either.

I am now listening to the History of China Podcast which is definitly my thing but is quite complicated (Chinese names are hard to keep apart especially when there are 10+ kingdoms fucking around). I really like it and it made me realice Chinese are probably the most fucking insane people around.

There was this general and he managed to capture 200.000 enemy soldiers. He could have freed them, he could have recruited them or he could have just straight up executed them.

No, no he buried them alive, all 200.000 of them.

>No, no he buried them alive, all 200.000 of them.
He probably didn't.

Chinese people also routinely kill every single one of your family members around if you fuck up.

One emperor had a minister of agriculture, and one of the friends was heard criticising a new law. THe minister was in the room but did not say a word at this criticism, he merely moved his lips.

To the council this was enough evidence that the minister had internally defeated the Empire, inside his own head. And his head was offcourse chopped off.

In 1912, workers constructing the Longhai Railway unearthed large amounts of human remains at Yima, Henan, the site where Xiang Yu had the 200,000 surrendered Qin soldiers buried alive. The place has since been referred to as the "Chu pits"

Numbers are probably inflated true, but that's part of the course if you are reading history.

>Numbers are probably inflated true, but that's part of the course if you are reading history.
Yes, the numbers are what I'm debating. I did my degree on Ancient History and took modules on Ancient Chinese history and basically all numbers are subject to be nonsense. I don't doubt he buried people (although again burying alive may be made up too, I'm no archaeologist - but it's hard to imagine 200,000 men or any reasonably large body of alive men being buried alive without a fight to the death, you have nothing to lose at that point).

also I think the phrase you are after is "par for the course"

Definitely check Black Powder and if (as is likely) it seems to basic/simple, check out the Napoleonic supplement (both are in OP's Nap folder).

I'm also a GW refugee and therefore fixated on 28mm plastics, but I went for Ancients instead of Nappys. Since Warhammer Ancient Battles was kind of a big thing back in the day, it seems like there's more Warhammer-esque rulesets for Ancients-Medieval than there are for post-gunpowder eras.

Also I guess growth in troop-numbers in the post-renaissance eras makes it tougher to do the smaller-scale battles that Warhammer and 40k depict

One upshot to doing tons of 28mm plastic Napoleonics is it's easier to production-line paint them than pre-uniform era figures, even if you get autistic with historically accurate trims/unit insignia. The other upshot is, of course, the fantastic perry range which also tempts me to get into Napoleonics once I wrap up my ancients armies.

BMP

>MAGA

Do you guys ever go through your collections and just find things you'd forgotten you'd even bought, let alone built and half-painted?

To point out the blatantly obvious, that's exactly what happened to me a couple of days ago. Apparently I have a half-done box of Perry War of the Roses bods and an un-assembled box of the mercs set (well, apparently a few are built as handgunners looking by the gaps in the sprues, no idea where they are though). So there's about 40-80 figures (depends on how many I build) hanging around I have no idea what to do with.

Yes. I've got a 1/72 Merkava sitting back on my side of the workbench back at my parents house I had completely forgotten about. I'm thinking really hard about breaking it out and using it to learn airbrushing. Of course, then I'd need a small squad of IDF and then some insurgent types as an opfor, and then terrain, and then a damn rule set.

You could also do the 1956 Hungarian Revolution or 68 Czech invasion assuming either became a more widespread conflict if you want to play with some Slavshit. In either case you could also easily have some CIA/MI6 et al agents provocateur as a faction

Also Hungary invading Romania to seize Erdely/Transylvania is not EOF a stretch but not entirely baseless

LAV-75

One thing to keep in mind is the backseaters in the F-4s. They provided an extra set of eyes in an engagement.

Battlegroup Barbarossa, Blitzkrieg and Tobruk, when?

Battlegroup Shanghai when?

Dear Sir or Madam, I am quite sorry you misunderstood me. I blame myself, because I omitted several words from my post. But unlike a fictitious Battlegroup Shanghai, I can assure you that the Barbarossa, Blitzkrieg and Tobruk supplements to the Battlegroup miniature gaming series do exist. I meant to merely ask as to when (or even if) a scan or pdf of said books would be shared here by a kind soul. If I did so in a wrong or obnoxious form, I humbly ask your forgiveness.

No one actually believes that Xerxes had 1 million men. The fact that anyone takes Chinese annals at face value with similar ridiculous statements is bizarre.

Battlegroup Nomonhan when?

what is this?

My go to favourite is the BBC 'In our time' podcast. I really can't stress enough how good it is. They invite several historians to talk about a single topic and discuss it at length. Recently they had a show about the battle of Salamis and it was great. Gonna listen to the most recent one about Rosa Luxemburg next.

Its a Shilka SPAAG my friend

Heading off in about an hour myself, will bring a camera to take photographs.

What are you playing this weekend?

A friend and I are going to be doing a built up city battle for Bolt Action. Finns vs. Soviets, 1944 vehicles and such. We're not doing any particular city or historical scenario though, just playing the game.

So I'm gonna ask a history question here, because fuck Veeky Forums.

Was there ever a period in European history where Longbows, Crossbows, and Arquebuses all saw relatively equal fielding in war? As I suspect not, how long did they interact in any real capacity?

Try the Italian wars? they were the end of the medieval period and the start of the pike and shot period, so bound to be plenty of overlap there, or perhaps slightly before them. the period from 1500 - 1560

An "No-Fly Zone" sign posted on the battlefield.