Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1453: Obelisk the Tormentor vs Pandemonium Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/me1KyKbnq2U?t=6m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So Gwyn and the Gods are massive shits who deserve what they got, right? But what about the Four Knights? Are they worth saving?

They seem to be pretty chill, I guess.

So I want to be a Machine God basically, since we have so few of those compared to Organic ones. What perks and race/s would make me one?

Would kami be that which was lost, where tha dainyo has stolen a portion of your powers and you have to fight the humans to regain it eventually culminating in a fight with the living embodiment of those lost powers?

Okami brush god of machines
Cyborg hindu god body from asuras wrath
Cybertronian body from transformers
Any number of perks from blame
Technopahy from lots of jumps
Creepypasta monster be made of machine parts

Planning to jump Ravenloft.

But my Jumper is not exactly a good person and has a pretty large collection demonic, vampiric and similar perks and alt-forms.

What perks, aside from willpower perks, could be used to not fall into the Dark Powers temptations?

There is a perk in minish cap that makes you always count as pure of heart, that might help.

if memory serves Dragonlance has a thing where you will count as a D&D alignment for purposes regardless of your Actual alignment, choose True neutral for that and they won't try as hard.

What did you do in Dwarf Fortress, jumpers?
Any cool, embarrassing, or otherwise interesting stories to share?

Jumpers How does your BFG work.

I'm partial to singularities being used to fold space into klein bottles, then accelerating bullets inside said space to fire them at arbitrarily high speeds.

Looks like someone skipped leg day

After Space Patrol Luluco, I BECAME the BFG. I'm doing the concepting, but the plan is to use my Gun Morphing Form as a base and then build tens of peripherals to focus and channel and augment my attacks.

WHO'S READY FOR ALOLAN CIRNO!

youtu.be/me1KyKbnq2U?t=6m55s

Not as much as Poison Cloud

B A K E D
A
K
A

I have no idea who that is.

What are we gonna do when the Pokemon Jumpchain is multiple generations behind?

Nothing

Strict Vegan Diet from Dan Vs would work well.

There's no need to do anyting, buddy.
It's fine.
Have a cuppa tea.

To be honest I'm more hype for playable Aya outside of those photo games.
Sun Cirno ain't bad though. Despite the fact that the teaser is so small Touhou 16 still looks like something worth getting exited over.

SCOOBY HAS FINALLY MET HIS MATCH

>implying they're going to keep making more pokemon designs.
The roster is already bloated as fuck right now. They don't need to make it worse.

Someone will make a Jump that actually reflects the Series. I'm holding out for an Origin or at least some Perks related to Pokemon Contests.

They will user, they will.
But what about the no jump remake rule?
Would we disregard it, have a jump made after only that generation of games or something else entirely?

Quicksilver was fine with Heavens doing DB/DBZ after he asked.
It wouldn't be that hard to go and do the same. Not like anyone actually cares enough to make it for reasons that aren't to shitpost, but hey maybe you'll buck the trend.

People can go make Sun Moon if they want.

Three of the four knights are gods. The other is a giant, and giants seem to be the shitty slave race everyone abuses, considering they didn't even get a lord soul like every other not-dragon race.

The only gods who are shit are Gwyn and his direct descendents, or at least the four that are definitely his. The rest of the bunch probably had no idea about what Gwyn did to the pygmies, and it's possible even Gwynevere and Nameless King had no idea (since Gwyndolin only knew as much as he did because of an obsession of carrying out his father's legacy, and Fillianore was sacrificed as a tool for Gwyn's ends, while the other two aren't involved in that angle to our knowledge.)

Ah, a new generation of shitposting.
That's definitely something we need more of here. That's sacrasm, in case it wasn't really obvious.

Hey, how about provoking pointless argument, you go and actually make something? Is that asking too much? A little effort behind your shitposting.

>no jump remake rule?
No such rule exists. It's frowned upon by the community, and such jumps probably won't be accepted, but it's not like it doesn't happen.

I bet he woke up like three minutes before he started shitposting.

The only real successful one of those I can think of was Dresdin Files and that was a total fuckfest.
I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone else try something like that for their sake.

Gwynevere Is shit.
The Nameless King might be shit, we don't really know why he joined the Dragons.
Gwyndolin is a godamned tragedy, and isn't shit.
Fillianore was sacraficed, and little else is known about her, but I don't think we've been told enough to say whether she was a shit or not.

Gwyn himself was definitely a shit, the well-intentioned extremist type.

If you're looking for an example technically Sailor Moon is the only real successful one.

That one had permission. I figured we didn't count ones with that because it's never really been a problem if someone gave the ok first.

>Gwynevere Is shit.
She never made sense to me. She left Anor Londo to go where exactly? The problem with the Flame was everywhere, no migration would have helped.
It sounded like she was running along with the others, but there couldn't be anywhere to run to?
Does someone know something to square the circle here?

too powerful lol

No Jump remake? What about DxD, or Sailor Moon? Or how about Dragonball Z, which was literally approved by the Jumpmaker that also made Pokemon Trainer?

Also, yeah. I mean, we have a Madoka Magica Jump representing the timeline after Madoka's Wish. Making a single Jump to represent an entire setting used to be the norm, but nowadays it's been acknowledged that lots of settings have enough material to warrant multiple Jumps. The Pokemon games aren't the different from each other, but I honestly don't think the original Jump is representative of the series as a whole. Across four Perk trees at 1/3/6, there're literally THREE Perks related to the raising and training of Pokemon, and two of those aren't ever chosen because they only apply to Pokemon and are worthless outside of the Jump, and one of those isn't even associated with any Origin. Not to mention all of the Perks and Items that exist only so you can fight Pokemon yourself. I would make it myself, but I don't even have enough Drive to make the Jumps for settings I love, let alone something I'm only interested in for the purposes of Jumpchain.

I built a fortress, and use entirely too much magma for anything and everything. Mostly magma cannons, since I was at war with everyone.

So, no, not really anything interesting to talk about.

Except maybe that one time the captain of my guard clubbed an elf to death with his own femur. That was... something.

I also rode a Forgotten Beast into battle once. Well, okay, maybe it was more that I pointed it in the right direction while hanging on for dear life. But same difference.

It shoots angry hornets. Through SCIENCE!

>it's never really been a problem if someone gave the ok first.
Did you just miss the shitstorms people threw when XIV was asked to be replaced by thread.

She married a god who lived outside of Anor Londo, so she moved to live with him.

The only thing Gwynevere did was abandon the city instead of being all obsessed with it like Gwyndolin.

She's currently suffering a fate far worse than death, far in excess of whatever you think she deserves for that.

Dirge.
Please stop.

IRC confirmed to be run by the Ebon Dragon

When someone goes into it with bad intentions you're going to get pushback regardless of whether it's acceptable or not to try.
Even if there really was a genuine desire there it was ruined by the sheer faggotry.

We already permaBTFOed Dirge several days back.

>She married a god who lived outside of Anor Londo, so she moved to live with him.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought she married as an excuse to leave. Or maybe that was Gwyndolin just being bitter at being abandoned.

>She's currently suffering a fate far worse than death, far in excess of whatever you think she deserves for that.
What? What happened to her?

Sorry for the shitposting bait, but wasnt someone working on a Sun and Moon jump or am I misremembering something?

I few people expressed interest when Sun & Moon came out, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Who is we?
You do know that talking to yourself in the mirror still makes it just one person talking, right?

There was someone, but he was having trouble getting started and he may or may not have let it go.
There hasn't been a status update for some time now.

>SpiderAnon is the Ebon Dragon
I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Multiple people said they were interested. No one actually put out a pastebin or a claim.

>What? What happened to her?
Oceiros' Queen is strongly associated with Gwynevere and her miracles, as well as those little potions the game explicitly say were blessed by Gwynevere. Then you get Rosaria, whose very soul is transposed into Gwynevere's signature miracle. So people are very convinced that Gwynevere survived until the last time around, married Oceiros, but when he became a crazy dragon fuck some evil thing he did corrupted her into that creature.

The thread is just one person all the time user. Though I guess they did manage to complain enough that he went and deleted half the jump.

But then Cracker Jack got BTFO'd by Dirge.
And then Cracker Jack BTFO'd Uncle Dante.
Who BTFO'd Valeria.
Who BTFO'd Red.
And then Dr. Seuss came in and said,
>You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air

That seems awfully speculative to be treating it as fact.
Is there any hard evidence that they are the same? I know Dark Souls is notorious for leaving things to interpretation.
Or do you have a link to the theory? I'm kind of on a Dark Souls theory kick right now, so it'l be very welcome.

>That seems awfully speculative
Welcome to Dark Souls, newbie. The vast bulk of the lore is speculative.

Me, Myself and Shit-chan.
Eh, I'd watch that movie;
Then take out the dvd, dump it into a metal can and set fire to it.

What does BTFO even stand for?
Butter the Flower Out
Battery Turns Forwards On
Bell Top Flame Option
???

Blown the Fudge Out.

Blown
The
Fuck
Out

It's a sports thing.
It doesn't make any sense to keep applying it to dirge, but since it gets a response it'll keep happening until it doesn't

>I know Dark Souls is notorious for leaving things to interpretation.

>Welcome to Dark Souls, newbie. The vast bulk of the lore is speculative.

Yeah, I know.
Is there a link to the theory anywhere before I go hunting for it?
Or can you tell me if it's a youtube video, or an article, just something to narrow things down for me?

Huh, wierd.
Thanks guys.

>Implying I'm so much of a useless fucking scrub I get my lore from watching annoying youtube videos from content thieves and reading reddit posts instead of playing the games myself and talking about it with other players on Veeky Forums.

Maybe Gwynevere was a shit. Maybe she's Rosaria. Maybe she even deserved to become Rosaria. I can't say for certain. All I can say for certain is...

[Spoiler] Amazing chest ahead

Try using both hands.

WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE

What about a Doraemon jump? Kiteretsu?

Are you volunteering?

I could, but Doreamon is so open to abuse it ain't even funny.

So is Futurama and that got a jump.

Would a Z-Saber survive an Item Crash?

What's an Item Crash? Anyway, if you bought it with CP, it should automatically return if it gets destroyed anyway.

"Item Crash (600 CP) - discount Vampire Killer - The ultimate art of the Belmont clan, you've learned to
charge an item with a massive amount of your spiritual energy, unleashing an incredible attack. While
this burns through your spiritual energy at a phenomenal rate, its effects are unparalleled. Beware,
however - few items can withstand this level of power, and most will burn to ash. "

Item Crash isn't made for things like that, it's for sub weapons. It might live since a Z saber can handle being charged depending on where you got it, but item crash is for things you throw and won't need again and not your main weapon.

If you're going to do it anyways things on the level of the Vampire Killer whip can be item crashed without breaking just fine, but anything less is likely to disintegrate though.

Okay so I was wrestling this bad ass Dragon for this scenario and my Fetich Soul died in the process, how screwed is my Jumper?

Have extra lives

You're fine. Your intimacy to what the fetich represents got scrambled, but since you aren't actually a Primordial/Yozi it's not ID death.

I imagine it hurt a whole lot though.

You'll be fine, you're a Devil Tiger not a Yozi. That being said, it'll probably hurt like a bitch and it'll take a while for your Fetich Soul to reform.

If you were a Yozi though, you'd be completely fucked. It would be like identity death/

What if it's tied to my soul with Oathkeeper from KH?
"Oathkeeper (300CP, Discount Drop-in): You know about the relationships between people and items,
so much so that you can bind an item to someone's soul with a few hours’ meditation with them and
the item. This allows them to summon and dismiss the bound item/s at will. To start with you can only
bind one item per person but, given a few years to practice, you might be able to bind up to six items
to each individual. Items bound in this way will be repaired while resting in the person's soul, though
it may take a while if the damage is too severe. Separating something can be done, but it will take a
few hours and the unbound person can’t have a new binding made for a few days."

The one(s) from the perk don't hurt you for loosing them. Just hit it with resurrection magic.

Then it would still break, it would just be repaired afterwards. Oathkeeper gives self-repair to items, not durability.

I've got plenty of those.
How scrambled are we talking? Because His Intimacies were novelty, self-improvement, exploration, banchô-user's loved ones, bettering the lives of others and Justice. so this is some serious shit I'm messing up.
I have stuff to handle pain and how long are we talking to reform?.
they don't? Because It was one of the ones from the perk.

Oh shit. What would happen if you killed a Yozi's Fetich Soul, waited for it to form a new one, then rezzed the original Fetich?

Whatever intimacy you had towards what the fetich was representing and it's goals got fucked.
But intimacies are the kind of thing you can pick up and shed without too much trouble. Sub souls just give you a permanant one so long as they're around so you don't need to maintain it.

You'll be fine after a bit of rest time and a reevaluation of your priorities. Probably. If the intimacy was something you already would have cared about I doubt it'll be too much trouble.

Unclear. One of the big themes of Exalted's metaphysics is that there's no such thing as resurrection, so there's no canon precedent for it. But I imagine that if you did do it by bringing in out of jump magic it would probably have bad results. It's like asking "what if you ripped out a person's heart, waited for a new one to regenerate, and then stuffed the old one back in there beside it?".

I forget whether the spiritual "stuff" that makes up a demon gets recycled in canon, but either way, it would almost certainly just be a normal third circle demon who was cut off from their progenitor's soul hierarchy like Nuhlwuxahes.

>How scrambled are we talking?
Probably entirely gone?

Also, that's the Fetich's intimacies. Not the the Intimacy you have and it represents for you, which would be its Motivation.

>and how long are we talking to reform?.
If we're talking standard Devil Tiger soul creation, it'd take 1000 motes over 200 days to recreate a new one.

>they don't? Because It was one of the ones from the perk.
They do. The perk says the experience would be extremely painful.
...However, is it actually dead?

Because you need magic that perma-kills spirits to do so, instead of just temporary dissolution. Otherwise it'll simply reform in a year and a day.

So if not, you're fine.

Does ryu jingu bang have the ability to change shape? I mean can you bend it into a ring? I cant remember if the god of highschool one ever did this but I was pretty sure the monkey king could turn his into a ring in the myth.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

>Also, that's the Fetich's intimacies. Not the the Intimacy you have and it represents for you, which would be its Motivation.

Thank Fuck,so it will hurt but it won't stop My Jumper from loving his family?

>and how long are we talking to reform?.
If we're talking standard Devil Tiger soul creation, it'd take 1000 motes over 200 days to recreate a new one.

okay , that is almost doable.

>Because you need magic that perma-kills spirits to do so, instead of just temporary dissolution. Otherwise it'll simply reform in a year and a day.

>So if not, you're fine.

I roll low, if it's a success, Old Nick didn't realize it was a spirit and didn't target him with spirit killing magic.

I don't recall Sun Wukong ever turning it into a ring. I wouldn't be surprised if he could, he was a master of transfomation magic, but I don't remember it. Normally he'd store it by shrinking it down to the size of a toothpick and tucking it behind his ear. But even if it can't bend, you could import it as a weapon in God of War or Bayonetta, I believe those have weapon customization options that add flexibility to a weapon.

>Thank Fuck,so it will hurt but it won't stop My Jumper from loving his family?
Depends on what its Motivation was? But unless that was about loving your family, it wouldn't stop you.

>I roll low, if it's a success, Old Nick didn't realize it was a spirit and didn't target him with spirit killing magic.
Looks like you're in luck.

What would you recommend in Blame for the Machine God plan?

Jump # 54 Eclipse Phase
Origin: Human
Starting location: Mars (Olympus)
Skill Packages:
*Leadership
*Biohacker
*Social
*Security Operation (100)
*Expression – Singing (100)
*Mega engineering (100)
*Device Engineering (100)
*Nano Engineering (100)
Perks:
*Forking (0)
*Resleaving (0)
* On the Low-Down (0)
*Moxie (100, Discount)
*Blueprint Designer (200)
*Skill Plus – Biohacker (100)
*Rep Network –Fame level 1 (0)
*Rep Network- RNA level 1 (0)
*Rep Network – The Eye level 1 (0)
Morphs (+600)
* Infomorph (0)
*Syliph (200)
Augments:
*Jumper Grade Cortical Stack (400)
*Body Mod Biomorph (0)
*Aptitude Enhancements – Savvy
*Immunization Mods (200)
Equipment
*AR Masking Software (0)
*Morph Storage (100, Discount)
*Cracked Desktop CM (200, Discount)
Drawbacks:
*Blending In (+200)
*Morph Dysphoria (+200)

Scenario: Firewall (+300)
Role: Router
Faction: Conservative
Server:
*Companion Imports (200)
Firewall Equipment:
*Infection test kit (100)
Companions:

Akitsu
Role: Scanner

Arcuied
Role: Eraser

Tamamo
Role: Filter

Yu Bel
Role: Sentinel

Rick
Role: Crow

Adam Jensen
Role: Sentinel

Snowflame
Role: Eraser

Van Hellsing
Role: Register

(to be continued)

>Depends on what its Motivation was? But unless that was about loving your family, it wouldn't stop you.

well, his motivations were to maximize the empowerment and satisfaction of values of the greatest number of people possible through by empowering them creatively and satisfying their safety and, physiological needs.

But his intimacies involved my loved ones.

>Thank Fuck,so it will hurt but it won't stop My Jumper from loving his family?
Not quite. It doesn't remove the Intimacy completely, it just removes the demon's metaphysical strengthening of it. While the demon exists, that Intimacy can't change. So you'll still love your family, you'll just now be theoretically able to stop loving them if circumstances lead to that. Hopefully that won't happen in the time it takes you to regenerate your demon.

>If we're talking standard Devil Tiger soul creation, it'd take 1000 motes over 200 days to recreate a new one.
It's actually 900 motes over 180 days. The demons that Infernals make are limited to Essence 9, and the Heart and Soul Perk doesn't mention changing that. It says that the fetich is stronger than your other Third Circles, but that doesn't necessarily mean higher Essence, they could just have stronger powers.

Mission logs

Mission Ochre – Fuck fuck fuck, well we successfully destroyed a lot of weapon caches in the TQZ but snowflame… being snowflame and no longer invulnerable took a hell of a beating. It looks like he is going to need a replacement sleeve or time to heal/repair.

Mission Sable – Almost too easy, some cult wanted to form a hive mind but they needed money and a place to do it, well after we found out what was going on Tamamo managed to drain all of their accounts and we are rolling in credits now and somehow stole their prototype mind link technology, and space ship. Tamamo is scary.

Mission Silver - … ughh idiot treasure hunters. Well we managed to get the infected hunters before they started infecting others. Some of them were pretty gruesome. We have a lot of samples of Exurgent virus now and we have a couple people who gained psychic powers from their exposure.

Mission Cerulean Yay tracking down a bunch of needles in a bunch of different stacks of needles. So once again looking for infected amongst a bunch of people who were hiding out for other reasons. Thankfully I managed to bribe/intimidate/charm my way in to getting everyone’s cooperation. We got a shiny new base overlooking earth as a thank you.

No, then you lose the metaphysical protection of your Intimacy towards empowering people, not the Intimacy towards your family.

Oh that makes perfect sense thank you.