Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1454: Return of Ganon Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steampunktietime.tumblr.com/post/115763040145/how-the-kingdom-hearts-series-was-made
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51897324/#51900947
youtu.be/EGMXa45GoOk
youtu.be/X4Jl4Ua4qn0?t=28s
mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sylladex
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To the one who's making the Umineko jump, just make becoming a Voyager an post-spark reward if you complete a scenario akin to the games. It would be fun, and after a chain ends powerlevels don't matter anyway.

Jumpers what are the best music making perks?

The musician jump makes you into one helluva great instrumental player that can even sway the gods

Also for jumpers who bought whorehouse in Witcher or Black Dynamite how do you manage the establishment?

>Forward, becOme the "true detective" you know youRself to be.
I'm 100% sure it's a reference to True Detective, which is a great show.

How do you deal with pesky protagonists /jc/?
Surely you don't just let them win?

What are some common themes in your stories or chains? What always seems to happen, regardless?

My man! My current chain is actually focused on music related shit. Some good jumps to hit up are as follows:
Musician, Ar Tonelico, Symphogear, Elite Beat Agents, Avenger's Earth's Mightiest Heroes (for that elder elemental audiokinesis), Greek Myth (check out the Great Artist perk tree), and probably a bunch I can't remember at the moment.

>the mushroom cloud is Eggman's head instead
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Oh, as for what I do, I...well, pretty much do what Eggman normally does, to be honest, just with more thought and caution. He'd be a lot more successful if he just thought things through.

If I hate a protag I just make it my personal mission to either troll them or try to make them a better person or defeat the villains myself.

Inevitably, I always get befriended by them. Somehow.

George De Sand from G Gundam always seems to try to woo my jumper no matter the chain. Main chain he was successful, in the other two he just gets politely turned down. Speaking of G Gundam in the Writer Chain: Don't let Cu Chulainn near Domon Kasshu because he will challenge Domon to a fistfight over a misunderstanding and it will end badly for bystanders. I had to pay for so much property damage.

Jumpers, what messes have you left behind after moving on from a setting?

How hard do you think it would be to modify Ghouls from Tokyo Ghoul to be capable of eating and metabolizing normal, while maintaining their Rc cell count?

normal food*
God damn it.

Nintendogs. All over the neighbor's porch. That'll teach the broom wielding harridan.

If I like them, I usually let one of my avatars to be defeated if I needed to fight them via drawback. Because you don't always need to win every fight you get yourself into.

If I don't like them and there is no drawback, but I still find the world a little boring, I probably can ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL OF THIS MAIN CHARACTER.

> Surely you don't just let them win?
I do, actually. It's part of the game.
Do you not know how cartoon villainy works?

The only important thing is that I get away in the end. If that happens, then in the context of the chain, I'm still winning. It's a game. You only lose when you can't play anymore.
Of course, every so often, some hero decides they're going to try to "put an end to my reign of villainy for good!", and then I have to show them why that's a bad idea.
Still let them live, though. Usually.
Being severely hospitalized counts as living.

Depends on your perks. Probably not really hard if you came from some settings that specialize in super-biology.

changes to my build
>removed The Tip of the Iceberg
>removed two purchases of symbolic link from the Pre- scenario part
>removed Taisha of the Outsider from the bonus CP from the scenario
> added 2 purchases of symbolic link :truth, escalation, evolution to the post scenario CP purchases.

that was supposed to go to but I dropped the six somehow.

Hiya thread.

Got a question for you.

In Harry Potter Jump, do you ever just say: "Okay, Evil!Dumbles may be a dumb fanfic idea, but Voldemort is basically a puzzle boss you already know the answer to," and so you want to shake things up a bit and give your Jumper both a challenge and an unexpected surprise; so you make Dumbledore either Evil, or simply antagonistic to your Jumper in some irreconciliable way.

Do you do something like this to spice things up, or do you just deal with Voldemort using your out-of-setting knowledge and treat the rest like a vacation, albiet with some school work along the way?

I wait until he's already dead before doing anything big. That said, there a good story potentially in making Dumbledore evil or just an enemy.
You certainly wouldn't expect it and there'd be some potential at the start for you to be at cross-purposes intially without you, or maybe even him, being aware.
Problem with the idea as it has been explored in fanfic, is that it's been poorly executed so many times the idea itself has gotten a bit stale, but there is potential there.
Just a thought, but has anyone ever heard or read a story about Dumbledore being corrupted by the Ring Horcrux rather than the whole Withering Curse?

burn their waifu, kick their house, but not before stealing the dog.

>Take a good look at your jump builds
>Realize that by jump 150+ you could only lose if you deliberately depowered yourself and let yourself to be hit, multiple times
>You have 600+ jumps

How do you manage to make combat relevant when you can obliterate anything by lifting an eyebrow?

This is cruel. You should also steal the waifu so that the dog has a familiar face, being in a new place can be difficult for dogs.

Burn the kicked down house so the protagonist is stuck inside a collapsed burning building.

Neat.

Nice pic. Also I usually am at a reduced power state, I locked a whole 9/10th's of my power behind a perk known as Limit Mode from Kid Radd which if I'm defeated /then/ I unlock all that I've kept sealed away. Most of the stuff I threw behind the Limit was directly combat related. So I usually act and seem like a Jumper on Jump 15 around 150, though my current Chain is around Jump 95ish right now. It's really funny because I do that so I can feel closer to normal. Also I abuse the heck out of Reincarnate (Disgaea) to keep myself challanged, usually.

Also, I've been trying to fight with reality warpers for a really long time, it's one of my objectives. That and completing projects Chekhov's Gun, Kill Anything Combo, and The Wanderer's Journal.

Name fell off.

it happens

I'm usually de-powered to merely superhuman thanks to various restraint items and toggle perks though ironically 'No Cheating' from Traveller's Gate means I'm actually improving faster for doing so.

For my jumper, Voldemort is a speedbump on the way to the real plot, which is re-uniting the Magical and Mundane worlds without either getting permakilled (unlikely) or setting off WW3 (horribly likely, bloody wizards).

>I had to pay for so much property damage.

if you are a Gundam fighter and Cu Chulainn was part of your entourage for your time in the Gundam fight you didn't,it is one of the articles of the Gundam fight Treaty thing
will
It depends on what their goals are and what my goals are sometimes I join them Sometimes I'm just the enemy of everyone

That means i'll end up having an overflow of stolen waifus. What am I suppose to do with that?

What worlds are in kingdom hearts? Is it just the disney worlds? I have never played it but it looks like there are some final fantasy characters mixed in.

Just disney. The final fantasy characters are sort of just... there.

The Final Fantasy Characters got pot-lucked into all being from one place, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. Why has yet to be explained but I fully expect this to be a twist at some point as this steampunktietime.tumblr.com/post/115763040145/how-the-kingdom-hearts-series-was-made seems to be true from everything that I know of the series.

Also FF Characters sell games really well.

Uh, Gaunlet... Something occured to me about the Kamigawa jump?

You mentioned that hunting and killing something counted as proving you're the greater of the two, allowing you to summon them with the magic/Summoning perk...

But in that same vein, would defeating Bolas in the scenario mean you can now summon an aether-replica of pre-Spark Bolas?

Because that'd be badass.

Going to have to say yes on this one, because that's canon for ya.

What happened to bolas' cool horns? They look stupid here, not like the stylish badass I know.

This is a younger version of him. They have not grown out yet

Bolas got two or three facelifts over the course of the series. The one on the card is the one you'd end up fighting, Dragon Wars Era, whereas pic related is him as a Planeswalker.

I seem to recall there's a jump in which you can buy a wardrobe with an infinite variety of garments and costumes? Any ideas which it was? Or jumps with similar items?

That's awesome, thank you.

...and now I want to make Bolas fight his past self.

Yeah, he only got the cooler horns after becoming a Planeswalker.

Be glad it's not the original picture of him at least. See pic related.

>...and now I want to make Bolas fight his past self.

He would crush himself like an ant and then get mad at you for mocking him.

He's legendary you try that and the Faux one will pop like a bubble.

That too.

Well most of the time.

Naw, you just need the fight to happen in a--

Yeah, that.

>That and completing projects Chekhov's Gun, Kill Anything Combo, and The Wanderer's Journal.
What are those things?

Isnt that basically what ajani did?

Jumper combat is fun to watch.

sounds like a job for sudden mirror attacker technique from Naruto.

As a person who never played mtg, how good is the magic? Where does it sit between stuff like final fantasy and overlord or hero bbs?

Apologies, but is Kamigawa done? Haven't seen anything but WIPs.

Chekhov's Gun and Kill Anything Combo are fairly well explained here: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51897324/#51900947

As for The Wanderer's Journal it's not something that I've really gone beyond it being a 'Black Box of Memories' for my Jumper. The project is fairly new and is in it's infancy.

My Ajani lore is weak. I can't really recall.

Wow that's a lot of skills you've got there Jumper. Also yeah it looks bout right sometimes.

Or any of the skills that make clones that don't depend on Summoning's odd metaphysics yeah.

One sec I'll answer in another post.

Everything is settled in and all I've got to finish is the Scenario's for each Race. It's officially Jumpable.

It's slow, but as powerful as you'd expect when an entire landscape is one unit of mana. So, more powerful than FF, comparable in power but slower than Overlord, and comparing anything to bbs is a fallacy.

How dangerous is bolas to a sparked jumper?

I think it's fairly better than the three of them. Depending on what actually can the Hero BBS top tiers can do with their time/space manipulation.

Ajani used the energy he took from the conflux to summon a mirror version of bolas, it seemed like a copout to me, apparently it worked pretty good though.

youtu.be/EGMXa45GoOk
youtu.be/X4Jl4Ua4qn0?t=28s
It's all about the panache. If you're not actually fighting seriously and the more powerful You are the more you can have fun with itand go for style points

Anshin best girl.

My jumper doesn't fight full on except vs deities or if someone is about to kill one of there kids. Most of the time i'm in the background as the big bad churning out mid level villains and watching as my many proteges do stuff. ot like many above said limiters i tend to sit at around bloodborne level with those on.

How many jumps? What jumps? What builds? Where did you sparked?

Considering that you're picking a decently powered end-jump, I would say it ranges from 'not very' to 'ant'.

That's what you get for fighting so much instead of using your powers for fucking with everyone.

>Wow that's a lot of skills you've got there Jumper

If we just account fantasy jumps, you can get those numbers with a fairly small amount of jumps.

Just Overlord has enough skills to cover a great deal of that. Not on the same level, but you can easily leave with a thousand of spells/skills just using the 1000 CP.

Magic is grossly diverse. Like all the stuff in Kamigawa is just local stuff whereas you've got the Walkers who collect entries magic systems like they're... well trading cards really. I'd rank it next to BBS in sheer versatility for the same reasons, we have only see so much of the vastness that is the magic systems. The upper end stuff needs lots of magical energy though. Like to fight with a Planeswalker you need to tap entire lands of Mana to keep slugging it out and most folks don't wanna do that.

It can do some kinda freaky things, though I will not Urza was just taking advantage of what was already a Planar Collapse there.

Some folk seem to think it's slow but it has spells that can be cast retroactively if you're good enough at things. Spells that are insanely fast, and spells that can be used at any instant in which you aren't dead. Now, dragging Mana from Mana bonds takes a bit of set up and resource management is a big part of the magic's upper end. Which is why you have ass-weeps like Bolas just nuking entire sections of land in his more serious fights, granted he likely got the idea form Toshiro's decedent who did just that to him. It is really versitile and has tons of feats throughout the Lore.

Yeah sounds like Mirror Gallery.

True enough.

Notably, that card's based on the collapsing of a plane that was /already/ collapsing on its own.

Urza only sped it up to harvest the energy.

2 mana doesn't get near that otherwise.

My plan was to take on bolas when we are both at our weakest using all my enchanted gear, armor, and weapons monster hunter style. You have no idea how happy getting a chance to fight his lizardy asd makes me.

Assuming I win I want to craft a new set of armor out of him, and wear it next time we meet.

Pic Related.

Well, first of all, I don't fight a lot.
I have people to do that for me.

Some of them are, like, monsterguys, anthropomorphic goats, or robots, but generally I just make quirky minibosses and mooks and stuff and have them do things.
Sometimes I use more advanced magitek and experiments for a full fledged "boss character", but I very rarely make anything that's more than a potential city destroyer on its own.

Secondly, when I do fight, I tend to whiff a lot of my shots on purpose, spout off a lot of dumb lines, and generally play up the cartoon villain angle.
And if people put up enough of a fight to, like, not immediately be rendered comatose or run away, then usually I'm the one who runs away. Because it's part of the shtick. Villains run away a lot.

I'm having fun. This is fun for me.
If it's not fun, then I usually just try to end the fight as quickly as possible, and trying to "make combat relevant" isn't really relevant.

[Insert Non-Sequitur That Is Obviously Bait Here]

Thanks for the jump man, I love it.

Hang on Since I did beat him
I get to keep his body?

No problem.

If you want, I'm not going to say no because that would arbitrarily prevent folks who have "Loot get" Perks from getting stuff, which is kinda mean. The Time Rift isn't stable though so be careful because you're not gonna wanna be stuck in that thing.

Wank responsibly.

Ah, your bait.
That bait you've been writing.
We heard about that bait.
How excited you were about that bait.
How disappointing that you're losing your will to complete that bait we heard about and that you were excited about.
Bait.
Bait you've been working on.
Sure. Of course.
You've been working on BAIT.
BAIT of great importance!
BAIT that will change Baitchain forever!
How could people be so selfish as to post things you don't like and discourage you from completing your BAIT of GREAT IMPORTANCE.
Absolutely.
I'm sure you're working very hard on your BAIT OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.
Don't let the thread get you down and discourage you from completing your BAIT OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.
How tragic it would be if we never got your BAIT. OF GREAT. IMPORTANCE.

Here you go Abhorsen_user? for the next time you post something like this you'll have a pic.

So did anyone pic up the new Sun and Moon Jump or am I remembering wrong?

In the Bleach jump for Shikai elements it says I can only pick one, but what about special types, is it possible to have Poison and Illusions together or are they subject to the same rules as regular elements?

I actually drew the comparison to Kronk the first time someone posted that pasta. And now, I'm the pasta-er, and you're the Kronk spokesperson. It's the circle of life, or something.

>He's legendary you try that and the Faux one will pop like a bubble.
Actually, the Legendary rule got changed. Now it tracks it for each player seperately.

So you could have two of Bolas' fighting each other, just not working together.

An all-Bolas cagefight is totally doable.

Huh awesome.

I haven't played in ages, but this seems like a totally reasonable change. Keeps your legendaries from turning into pseudo kill spells in the mirror match.

>If you want, I'm not going to say no because that would arbitrarily prevent folks who have "Loot get" Perks from getting stuff, which is kinda mean. The Time Rift isn't stable though so be careful because you're not gonna wanna be stuck in that thing.

My sacred treasure should easily cut him into House Sized sections To store in my wallet modus.

Bolas gets killed by tezzeret once, for like ten seconds before alternate timeline bolas shows up to call the dead one quite a dumb version of himself then tells tezz to get back to work.

Apparently there is a blue school of magic that lets you shift sideways in time and see the future, pr see alternate timelines. Its pretty cool.

Huh. Well, that's good to know.

With some necromancy, skelly Bolas will be a very cool minion.

...That's awesomely bullshit.

So, wait, the Bolas we see from then on is actually an alternate timeline one? Or did one from another timeline get killed?

What would be the best jump to get an AI altform from? Or what jump has the best technology for mind transfers.

>So, wait, the Bolas we see from then on is actually an alternate timeline one? Or did one from another timeline get killed?

Its sideways time travel, he was the only tezzeret to reach crucious. Bolas wanted the secret of etherium.

So I think the answer is yes.

Eclipse phase.

True that. It was a viable tactic back in the day.

>wallet modus
What's this?

Let's just say that and all Lore attached to that was odd okay? I mean damn that was so weird.

No prob.

Time travel is weird. He's the Bolas we have to worry about that's all I know.

Yes?

>Yes?
Yes.

okay, let's see what I can make out of this ancient Dragon starting with the tail as a mighty blade Roll(1d100)+0:93,+0 Total:93 looks like that's a waste of parts, now the torso could be a good portable cultivation cave considering the sheer amount of magic and growth in him. Roll(1d100)+0: 48,+0 Total:48 , well it's definitely a nice meditation den, but not a proper cultivation cave, just a really fancy sweat hut. And now I'm going to hollow out the front of his skull and make it into a nice thinking chair. Roll(1d100)+0:83,+0 Total:83 . Yep, that's a perfectly ordinary throne, maybe I shouldn't of bound his essence into my dungeon, this is all just regular Dragon flesh materials. okay, let's see what I can make out of this ancient Dragon starting with the tail as a mighty blade Roll(1d100)+0:93,+0 Total:93 looks like that's a waste of parts, now the torso could be a good portable cultivation cave considering the sheer amount of magic and growth in him. Roll(1d100)+0: 48,+0 Total:48 , well it's definitely a nice meditation den, but not a proper cultivation cave, just a really fancy sweat hut. And now I'm going to hollow out the front of his skull and make it into a nice thinking chair. Roll(1d100)+0:83,+0 Total:83 . Yep, that's a perfectly ordinary throne, maybe I shouldn't of bound his essence into my dungeon, this is all just regular Dragon flesh materials.
One of the best damn inventory systems in Jumpchain
mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sylladex

Sexy pinup bolas...

How do I make this happen!?

>What's this?
Sburb inventory thing. Wallet's the most convenient to access, but not weaponizable like some of the others.

Ar Tonelico: Nondestructive uploading, mind transfers. Probably stuck on a particular platform (sortof-magitech AI).

Eclipse Phase: Uploading, straight-up AI origin.

Generic Virtual World: Mind uploads and Tron digitisation tech.

Space Station 13: Robot origin. Screwy enough you can probably do whatever!

GUNNM: Mind uploading.

Portal: There's an AI origin.

you need defeat equals friendship perks, social charms to make friendship into love, a way to resurrect him after you defeat him and that one perk from unholy Heights that everyone hates.

Hm... the Dark Assembly Ticket from Disgaea, and a way to get him/her the Power is Beautiful perk from Chrono Trigger.

project freelancer has an entire tree that you might be interested in.

Ah, yes then.

You actually may be undercutting him. As an Elder Dragon he is the father of an entire dragon species.

Neat.

You have a question that I sadly know the answer to.

As Above, so Here.

I can think of two more ways...

One more way to do that.

Wallet's all right, but Queuestack Array is where true mangrit is forged.

>To the one who's making the Umineko jump, just make becoming a Voyager an post-spark reward if you complete a scenario akin to the games. It would be fun, and after a chain ends powerlevels don't matter anyway.

or make it a challenge

yeah but remember That the majority of his spiritual,mental and magical essence is serving as the boss monster of the 9900 Floor of my dungeon,so it's literally just his body rather than any of the stuff that made him him.
darkseid is on the 10th floor because the more darkseid gets his ass kicked , the More I laugh.

>Queuestack Array
Needlessly complex and easily weaponized.

I approve.

Crap that reminds me how many floors am I up to now?

Damn, now I need to buy some swamps and figure out how to channel Black mana.

Well, it's not so cut and dry. Elder Dragons were considered comparably dangerous to pre-Mending Planeswalkers even without being one themselves and Bolas' power was greatly diminished after the Mending, not just because of the power loss but because he was canonically going senile from trying to contain 25,000 years of knowledge. But then he ate the Conflux and may have gotten a bunch of power back?