sgiz.mobi/s3/75fccdb56af9

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
What is the solution to the gnome problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/82FzbCK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gnome problem
That some people don't like them? Is that the problem?

>gnome problem
Don't run them or include them in your world. Dwarves are superior and more likable.
same with halflings tbqhfam

What disciplines are worth getting for the Mystic? I am drowning in choices. I chose the Immortal order.

Give them a racial identity in settings other then "Small gay dwarves" and "Small gay-er Elves".

Personally I've always been a fan of making Gnomes jungle people and Halflings desert traders.

Just official sources/AL legal (ish)

I'm looking forward to Plane Shift: Amonkhet.

Once had a game where the gnomes were the equivalent to Vietcong.

Yo anyone up for doing a 1shot (Havel's Cross) tonight in an hour or 2 and see if it takes off? I am bored and feel like either playing/dming a group tonight. Bring a level 2 character, 2-4 slots I guess

>People implying you can't customize shit in 5e

If your DM allows it, you can do anything.

Everything, UA, Plane Shift, featured DM's guild content, every-fucking-thing.

Try em all out. You can switch them when you level up, right?

I'm trying to flesh out the middle of my SKT campaign right now.

Are there any gods or factions in FR that would have a vested interest in fucking up the Giant Ordning/taking advantage of the chaos that it's left in its wake?

Right now I have a red dragon cult that's trying to push the Fire Giants to the top of the Ordning in the hope that they start a war that will wipe out all of the giant cultures, but other than that I got nothing.

need a name for my human prince who turned into a kobold

thinking of prince chuffy

>What is the solution to the gnome problem?

Make them a Halfling subtype.

Prince Memestein

I think gnomes should be more fey

Yeah you can.

this!!!!
D&D5e is literally the most customizable and best game ever made.

killyourself furfag, the rules don't allow that.

How do people with mental issues even become paladins?
Being a paladin is about force of will and so is being charismatic. Losing yourself in a rage is exactly the opposite of having charisma.
That guy is playing a barbarian, not a paladin.

Also honestly 'sometimes he gets mad and attacks other players' is a pretty obnoxious character to have, really, but it's in better taste than actually trying to fight rather than a fit of rage.

>human prince who turned into a kobold

The problem is that people start general threads with childish bait questions.

Who exactly are you arguing with? Literally nobody in the last thread was against customization.

Make them Warcraft gnomes.

In my setting, gnomes are the people of the sea. Massive ironclad ships included.

>DM can I make my starting handaxes katars instead
>sure player, go ahead
good customization and fun
>and can I make them do 1d8 piercing instead of 1d6 slashing
>well, no
shit game, shit edition, no options, no customization, needs more books, menus, enchantments, ghey, don't feel powerful like 3e, where's the skill list, surprise is a condition not a round

What CR you guys think is appropriate for this fella here?
I was thinking about 12, taking a CR11 Horned Devil, add 1 AC to match Bone Devil, a little bit extra hp and change the Hurl Flame to lightning damage.
Gib some feedback plox.

"I play in this one. I run another campaign with a universal system where everyone can customize their shit. Everyone I play with is running DnD because everyone already knows DnD."

">Be level 11 character
>Spend a month and 500 gold to make one scroll of magic missile
No, there's actually not currently a method to craft magic items that works in a real sense."

These sorts of posts.
People implying that you need solid crafting rules and all that.

>Roll 20
>(1 spot open)
>Looking for a DM!

>Solution to the gnome problem

This is an off-the-cuff idea, but maybe swap their +2 Int for +2 Con, and give Rock Gnomes a +1 Int instead?

It wouldn't make them the best race ever, but it'd give you a reason to use them, ever (besides as wizards of course).

What's the difference? Asking honestly.

Mostly just the fact that Warcraft goes fullbore into the "modern/destructive technology wizards" complete with tanks and helicopters where as D&D gnomes have like self-loading crossbows and shit. It's boring.

How would you feel about letting a player use the kobold traits and refluff it to be traits for a ratfolk/skaven type of race?
What language should replace draconic?

Gnomes in WoW have borderline modern day tech, but they are still not allowed to be relevant or perform a non-comical role.
Goblins, meanwhile, are gnomes who made it.

Also, WoW Gnomes have a distinctive personality and body type/silhouette where as D&D Gnomes and Halflings are basically interchangeable 9 times out of 10.

It's fine, as long as it's a race the DM has decided exists in his setting.
Language depends on race. Ratfolk could get goblin, skaven could get undercommon.

You know, I'm kind of advocating for starting my next campaign with 'everybody at level 1 gets a special character-specific feat that can be pretty much anything, within reason, moderated by DM to make sure they're all of about the same power. It could enable a playstyle that's normally not viable such as thrown weapons, or it could do something like give you some sort of blind sense for a blind character, or... Let you wield handaxes as refluffed into 1d8 piercing weapons.'

It is OKAY by me
and replacing draconic I would give them the Speak with Small Beasts but rodents only

Adding picture for visability

kek, is that real life

Would that work? I assumed you would cast, conjure, cast planar binding, then the elemental would vanish before the spell finished casting. Does magic circle stop them vanishing after the spell ends?

Sounds fine. They'd probably get a ratfolk language, some sentient races/creatures in the MM, etc get a language specific to them.

They're going to get someone who doesn't care about all their characters because they have no investment in the people and just wants to tell a story to some random faggots on the internet, and they'll deserve every second of their pain.

Gnomes/Goblins being unable to take over the world because they can't stop blowing themselves up has always felt oddly poignant imo.

I'm in. My discord is Marco Rubio#3242

Merge them with with Halflings and give Darkvision to the entire race.

Why not just give warpicks a thrown property?

not even a furry
but my gm allows it so fuck you

>killyourself furfag, the rules don't allow that.

Prince being turned into a Kobold is literally a suggestion for Monster PC races in Volo's Guide to Monsters you dumb fucking asshole.

WoW gnomes only have a distinct silhouette because halflings don't exist.
In D&D, gnomes used to be bulkier and hairier than halflings, but then 3rd edition decided to make them cute for no apparent reason. Now they're basically halflings with big noses.

As a feat that's reasonable, because it's +1 damage per attack. As a "just let me do it" it's dumb and anybody who asks should feel bad.

It should work - they're designed to work together. Conjure spells can last up to an hour, which gives you time to cast the binding spell.

discord.gg/82FzbCK
Get in here
Havel's Cross 1shot
1-2 hours from now, expect 4-6 hours of entertainment, might be shorter/longer depending on how we roll
2-4 players
I'm DMing, reading/preping as I type
Probably voice only, freestyling this a bit
Bring lvl 2 character, no evil alignment (or very well concealed), D&D 5e
We will see how it goes and go from there
New players welcome

Is it really?
I actually came up with it myself
Though I mean its not like its really all that original

Lots of people start their games by giving out a free feat at level 1, and there's lots of reasons to do it. There's rules and guidelines in the DMG (possibly some in UA as well, either entries about feats or entries about rules) for making feats, how to balance them out and all that.

There's even rules for refluffing, and in fact it's encouraged. But refluffing doesn't apply to changing mechanics, just aesthetics. Changing the aesthetics of the two handaxes a fighter gets in his starting equipment doesn't change anything, but changing the amount of damage it does and what kind is more than that. 1d8 piercing is a rapier, and the fighter is essentially starting with four martial weapons. Maybe it's not a big deal, but maybe one of your other players is gonna be resentful that the fighter is getting 40 gp of equipment for free, meanwhile he can't afford all the shit he wanted.

The conjure spells lasts up toan hour, while binding takes an hour. RAW the conjure spell would end just a round before you finish the binding.

Nah, if anything they'd happen simultaneously.
Again, the spells were literally designed to work together, so RAI is definitely helping you out here.

>WoW gnomes only have a distinct silhouette because halflings don't exist.

Nah, Gnomes are way more diminutive and stubby

I have a session in a few hours and I'm having trouble coming up with orc bosses for a lvl 5 party so it doesn't get repetitive.

This reminds me, how bad was Sword Coast Legends anyway?

Welp, should've read the spell
"If the creature was summoned ar created by another spell. that spell's duration is extended to match the duration of this spel!."

Good taste my man.

What doesn't get repetitive? Have you thrown orc bosses at them before? Just have them get there and see that demons already killed all the orc bosses or some shit

Tell us about the tribe that the orc belongs to. You could also pull a bait and switch with the boss or take a page from WoW a lot of the bosses in the last expansion were pretty unique.

An Orog muscle wizard

one with a big bow and a few ranged buds. Party needs to run down a hallway at them with typical shitty FPS chest high walls, outcroppings, etc. Ideally the party will move down the hallway and end their movement by getting behind some cover. Each round the orcs will move back as well, but only at a rate of twenty feet or so. If you start them about 120 feet away it'll be a couple rounds at least before anybody catches up with them.

Orc boss with a shield and is one-handing a halberd, because you're the DM and you can do what you want. He also has PAM and a couple of regular orc mooks for each party member. He's gonna like to flip over tables and barrels and have five feet of environment between him and party members.

Acrobatic orc ninjas. In a room with two levels, stairs go up to a balcony/second floor/whatever. The orcs are gonna go up to one level, throw shuriken, then hop down to the other level when the party chases after them. They're gonna love when they figure out how to grab the orcs and stop them running around. The leader might have an ability to teleport into shadows.

Do you create your dungeons according to class and race structures Veeky Forums?

Has anybody here tried having your players pre-roll initiative four or five times to start a session? I hate how initiative slows down everything midsession.

An orc warlord, who isn't actually good at fighting himself - it's his special features and legendary actions you're supposed to be afraid of.

Have him be supported by a group of Thugs or City Guards, shit maybe even Orcs. While they're within 30 feet of him, they attack with an advantage, and their damage dice is doubled.
As a legendary action, he can make one of the orcs make an attack, or cast a Healing Word on one of them. His minions use PC rules for dying, death saving throws and all.

Bump
1/4 spots filled

>an intimidating and skilled Orc fighter/barbarian type
>what's that on his back?
>it's a goblin!
>casting evocation spells and other such things

Also consider masking the environment part of the fight also, things like cover and hazards that could harm or even help the players. Or the goblin caster begins charging a massive spell and on his next turn unleashes a barrage of 1d4 magic missiles at each player, forcing them to either contend with the damage or take cover.

It's like Baldur's Gate or NWN but with a 5e inspiration instead of 3.5e. It's also a lot more casualized for console play. Other than that it's a halfway decent crpg, the combat AI is pretty fucking janky though. There's no way to pause and move your entire party away from an AoE since the combat AI won't do that itself so the boss fights are really a struggle.

How does initiative slow things down? Everything else about combat sure, but initiative?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea.
>Roll Initiative 4 or 5 times, record the values
>Let them choose which one they want to go with at the beginning of combat
>"Do I want to go high, or low? Is there another battle after this?"

Who cares, I don't play with Tumblr so it's not an issue

Really, really shallow and basically plays like an isometric MMO, but not anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be.

It's nowhere near as insufferably dry as Pillars of Eternity and feels sufficiently like a D&D story if that's your jam.

So it a group of clans. One pair is a giant and orc duo. Giant just runs around hitting people while the orc rides him uses a longbow/magic to pick people off.

Another one he has this demon mask that let's him command animals and buff him up as a Tanruk so he'll have a couple of orc minions running around releasing various beasts they've captured from their cages to join in on the fight.
>Orc boss with a shield and is one-handing a halberd, because you're the DM and you can do what you want. He also has PAM and a couple of regular orc mooks for each party member. He's gonna like to flip over tables and barrels and have five feet of environment between him and party members.
>Acrobatic orc ninjas. In a room with two levels, stairs go up to a balcony/second floor/whatever. The orcs are gonna go up to one level, throw shuriken, then hop down to the other level when the party chases after them. They're gonna love when they figure out how to grab the orcs and stop them running around. The leader might have an ability to teleport into shadows.

I can fuck heavy with those

>Have him be supported by a group of Thugs or City Guards, shit maybe even Orcs. While they're within 30 feet of him, they attack with an advantage, and their damage dice is doubled.
>As a legendary action, he can make one of the orcs make an attack, or cast a Healing Word on one of them. His minions use PC rules for dying, death saving throws and all.

Interesting

>>an intimidating and skilled Orc fighter/barbarian type
>>what's that on his back?
>>it's a goblin!
>>casting evocation spells and other such things
>Also consider masking the environment part of the fight also, things like cover and hazards that could harm or even help the players. Or the goblin caster begins charging a massive spell and on his next turn unleashes a barrage of 1d4 magic missiles at each player, forcing them to either contend with the damage or take cover.
That sounds like fun

Make them demon worshippers. The clan's led by a Tanarukk, while they also have some orcish tieflings (use feral abyssal tieflings to modify some berserkers)

Heh.. t-thanks...

Hell yeah m8

>Sociology is Tumblr
Please tell us about your setting with 100% CE races, benevolent dictatorships, and no peasant uprisings. Because it sounds amazingly stupid.

Orc Gangsters trying to corner the market in liquor smuggled into the dungeon/whatever. With full on Edward G. Robertson impression voices. Tailored (studded leather) suits, complete with trilbies. Repeating crossbows with drum magazines.

>let's him command animals
This can really be as ridiculous/interesting as you want, depending on what kind of game you've been running and what kind of players you have. I tend to treat my bosses with phases.
For instance you could have the fight with this Orc be pretty standard at first, maybe some interestingly exotic animals (apes, giant grabs etc.) are running around the arena fighting the player but then they get him to half health. At that point the Orc changes it up a bit, perhaps he summons his most prized pet; A giant snake. The snake swallows the orc up to his waist and now the orc boss has the mobility of a giant snake, some extra AC or half-cover AND there's the thrashing snake's tail to deal with. It is important to give the players some unique oppurtunities during this though like if they kill the snake while the orc is still in its mouth perhaps he becomes stuck or even impaled on the snake's fangs.
I can think of some stuff for the giant as well depending on the relationship between the tribes.

So I got an issue.

>CR 6 party
>4 members: human bard, human mystic, drow wizard and dwarf fighter(me)
>find out that we need to kill a death tyrant
>pick up an NPC Cleric of Lythander, probably close to our level
>current plan is to approach its lair, deploy Daerns Instant Fortress in front of its lair (I'm looking to not use this item cheezily), deploy Magic circle that it cannot leave in front of the tower using a magic circle sewn onto a cloth, have our casters/bard (who is using a holy crossbow) stand in another circle that it cannot enter, the mystic is going to bait it with a CHA based taunt effect (idk) while wearing a Pro Evil spell (from our cleric), the cleric is going to be invisible next to circle 1, and activate it when the ET is over it, I'll charge out of the gate of DIF and hit it with a holy weapon that I happen to have.

Is there anything I'm missing here? Anything we are lacking?

By the way, the DM has heavily warned me to not use DIF in a mega cheese way, otherwise ROCKS FALL or something worse.

>Dungeons
>Having anything to do with the outside setting

Calm down sperg the question was specific to dungeons, if it's just a bunch of monsters like the comic illustrates who cares.

If it's an actual race the operates out side the dungeon then it runs the same as it does outside.

>Dungeons are just a bunch of monsters
>Goblins don't have a social hierarchy
>Dwarves are not organized in a strict clan system
Sorry, you are wrong on this. If a dungeon is run by an intelligent race it has a society. You don't have to autistically explore it like the players in the comic, but pretending it doesn't exist is equally moronic.

What if he doesn't bite the bait?

New DM here.

A player commanded an Ogre to kill one of his goblin companions. Was that way outside the realm of what might be considered a reasonable use of the spell?

Errr, I mean they used the spell Suggestion, not Command.

I think it's a "spell" that causes him to focus all his attention onto one target. With that, the mystic player will have to beat feet back to the ambush spot.

I don't see why the fortress is required and it might seriously blow your cover. You could just hide in a hole in the ground.

>The suggestion must be worded in such a manner as to make the course of action sound reasonable.
How did the player word the suggestions? If it was just "kill your buddy" it's an absolute misuse of the spell. "Suggestion" is not "Dominate Person."

I have a simple rule for my game: "any current social issue is not going to be in the game". I'm here to DM not preach and the players are here to have fun not argue or get butthurt.

"These goblins are laughing at you, you should punish them."

I allowed it because they had just slayed the Ogre's wife on the previous turn and figured the Ogre's grief might make that seem reasonable.

I understand not bringing political discussion into the game, but unless the game is pure hack-and-slash/dungeon delve, the players will eventually deal with a society. No society should be an obvious mirror of a real-world situation, but you can't just outright remove all class struggle, poverty, racism (fantasy racism, that is), economic relations, diplomacy, etc. from your setting or it will be extremely shallow and uninteresting.
Even Forgotten Realms has social issues, and Forgotten Realms is D-tier worldbuilding at best.

It's not required, but if you have it, why not use it? Also it already knows we are on the way to it. Paranoid bastard.

Yeah, it's probably Mantle of Awe, Center of Attention.
But the mystic DC should be about 15 and the Death Tyrant has +9 to CHA saves, so it's about 30% chance of actually affecting it.

wrong

What would be the implications of space literally being the astral plane?

Great argument

Spelljamming?

That's a given, what else?
Ghosts/egregores in space?

Do you tell your players to roll perception or do you just use their character's passive perception for ambushes?

I'm working on a setting just like that, actually.
Obviously, vessel design would be different, because the astral plane is not a vacuum and you can breath in it. Astral craft would not have to be airtight and could have observation decks. Such craft could have storage and controls on any surface, including the ceiling, because of the lack of gravity.
Navigation would mostly be accomplished by locating color pools. So anyone who wants to get somewhere would need some magical/technological locator device.
Since the astral plane is not nearly as stupidly large and empty (and hostile to life) as real-world space, it would make exploration and trade a lot simpler. However, it would also make piracy and such a lot simpler.
Overall, you end up with something resembling a cross between the Age of Sail and a many-worlds galactic sci-fi setting.