Be me

>Be me
>Playing a D&D 5e adventure
>It's going great and the party has bonded pretty nicely
>Looking forward to next session
>In the downtime chatting with one of the other players about the BBEG and throwing out stupid theories at each other with our tinfoil hat's on
>"Crazy theory: Your character is secretly evil and working for him" I joke
>uncomfortable silence
>"Well, now that you've guessed it I might as well tell you..."
>Starts to explain that she is evil and has been working for the BBEG from the start
>"Haha, very funny joke."
>Ignores me and continues to explain that elements of her backstory that were super tragic were actually partly lies and she was secretly behind them as opposed to a victim
>H-haha, you can stop
>Continues to explain that since she joined the party at the start of the adventure she's been a mole for him and all her actions have been to help in one way or another
>Y-you're serious aren't you?
>Even the death of one of our party members was a result of the machinations of her and the BBEG
>At this point I should add that she had already told me a few sessions back that she was going to retire this character from the party and replace them with another one for some undisclosed reasons
>She explains that she's leaving the party to join back up with BBEG and had actually tried to do so earlier (citing certain events)
>At this point I believe her because everything she's said sorta fits perfectly even if it si completely outlandish
>So I can't help but ask, why me?

Cont. below

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8NnqM7Ojcz8
youtube.com/watch?v=_WSulaRxCm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>She pauses for a moment before responding
>"Because you have the lowest wisdom so you can never reveal it. IC you'd never pick up on it and you can't use your OOC character knowledge to metagame it. And even if you did nobody would believe you. And you can't tell anyone. Not even the GM knows you know."
>holyshitareyouserious.jpg
>"Oh, and when I do finally betray the party I may or may not try to kill the character you're romantically entangled with."
>At this point I've gone through the fives stages of grief and have reached acceptence. I just wanna know if it's the truth so I ask her if she's serious
>Yet another brief pause
>I'm sorry, I can't keep this up
>I was just joking
>I couldn't resist

She insists she's joking, that she was just trolling but it fits together a little too well. Everything slots together beautifully. It's a masterclass of a twist and would be amazing if it actually happened. She says she was joking but I sorta feel like that may be her covering her ass. What do I do bros? Was she lying?

I wish she was in my game either way.

Clearly, you make this woman your next GM. Like, holy fuck, that is beautiful in terms of storytelling and opportunistic evil both IC and OOC.

Addtionally, marry this woman and never get on her bad side.

>Marry this woman
Yandere isn't really my thing.
And it really is beautiful, which is why I'm hesitant to write it off as a joke. I'd love it if it happened

Looks like you have the lowest wisdom OOC as well.

Well, I won't deny it. I think it's more so I want it to be true that makes me still doubt than anything else.

Just give it a try, senpai, just stick your dick in crazy at least once and see how you like it.

I'm good. I'm fine. Really. I may like it. I may end up trapped in a basement. Not sure if I want that

Come on, senpai, don't be like that! It only takes one chance, nothing to worry about at all! I'm sure she would make a loving, devoted wife who satisfies all your desires if you'll just let her in your heart...

You're... you're scaring

>Yandere isn't really my thing.
But user, that's the point.

Sounds like fun to me. Realistically, you're unlikely to get physically injured.

Please, senpai, why won't you listen? I'm just trying to help you make the right choice! Don't you want to be happy?! She can make you happy, just let her make you happy!

I... I don't like this

Let your DM clarify this information. If it true, then if and only if your character truly love the character, npc or pc, you have recurring nightmare about your love and is worry sick about her. It will be this paranoia that get her killed. Or not, whatever fit your boat. Get a charm and up your love points

>tfw no crazy woman in your life who loves you so much she'll lock you in her basement
why even live tbhfam

You... don't like this? You don't like her?! You don't love how she can make the rest of your life eternal bliss?! What the hell is wrong with you?! You could have endless, joyful perfection, and you stutter out "I don't like this"?!

She doesn't deserve to have to put up with a coward like you...
I know, right?! Just put your dick in once, and be happy for life! Don't feel jealous toward other guys who date skanks and whores, instead be happy with the devoted, pure woman who wants you and only you!

I, uh, I don't think she wants me and only me anyway. Honestly, it's fine. She really doesn't deserve to put up with me. She can find someone else better for her. She doesn't want to make my life eternal bliss

Seriously though. If you are close enough friends to chat in downtime about game stuff, and she's revealing her master plan (or a master troll) to you, you might as well ask her out. She seems cool.

It's an online sesh anyway so that probably wouldn't work anyway. Also what the fuck is that gif from?

Dammit, take the chance! You won't know unless you try, senpai! Go for it, put the dick in crazy!

I take it you have a yandere fetish?

What you do is sit back and enjoy a fantastic gaming session. You do NOTHING IC or OOC that would spoil the surprise for anyone else.

If she was joking, she fucking got you.

If she wasn't joking, she fucking got everyone else, and she trusts you to not ruin the surprise for anyone else. Keep that trust.

>It's an online sesh anyway so that probably wouldn't work anyway.

I've seen weirder shit work out. How far away are you two, and are either of you in a position to move in the next 1-3 yeas?

>Also what the fuck is that gif from?
Can't find it. Some ancient video about anxiety or something.

Low wisdom doesn't mean what she thinks it means. Unless you're really really low down. Like talking

I-Is there something wrong with that? Is there something wrong with the purity and devotion found in a yandere's heart for the one they love?

Just keep on being confused and ask her out on a date.

We're in different countries
It is 8

Go with the flow, it's promising to be fun. Also is a wise user.

>We're in different countries

Like "I can take a train" different countries or "if we drew a straight line between us it'd pass through an ocean and at least one shithole dictatorship" different countries?

Video titled Dix.

I'm serious. It's "10" in a foreign language. It's about OCD.

youtu.be/8NnqM7Ojcz8

The latter. Like different continent style.
Besides, I'm don't think she would feel that way anyway, and I dunno if I would either.

>muh kayrakter is seecretly eeeebiiiil guise!
>he's goin to totes beckstab u later!

I hate it and I genuinely wish for every player who does this AND every GM who allows it to quit the hobby completely.

Well then, congrats on a good game, and good luck not beating yourself up all the time. I'll be OK.

>Was she lying?
Clearly, she was.
But which time?
There are only two likely possibilities as I see them:

1. It was all true and when you asked if she was serious, she saw room to slip a measure of doubt within you, virtually ensuring that you won't reveal her secret until it's too late.
And if you did tell someone, she could deny as much as she likes and play anything else off as a joke you misunderstood.

2. The whole thing really was a joke.
Everything fitting together more than likely would mean that she has been thinking about this "what if" scenario for a while and when you brought it up she considered and then decide on sharing it with you.
Alternatively, she could be a genius that made it all up on the spot.

>What do I do bros?
First, plan a contingency action for what your low wisdom character might do In Character if this was all sprung on him, so you have the best possible reaction if the moment comes, without metagaming. Perhaps you can save that romantically entangled character.

Second: Not a damn thing.
Whichever case is the truth, you are playing with a superior player.
If she is your opponent, your best move is to wait and do as little as possible and hope she makes a mistake.
If she is your ally, you just need to hang on for the ride.

Trying to circumvent, reveal, or undo her plans will only result in upsetting her, her unleashing punishment such as The Pear upon you, or something much, much worse: you metagame.

>I'll
Huh?

Damn it, I meant "you'll" be OK.

Fuck, I should sleep.

Maybe. Rest well Yandere bro. May we meet again in other threads. If I had to have an obsessive stalker it'd totally be you

Well this thread turned out far more rapturing than I expected. Yandere user was just a bonus.

Go get her, Lord knows this board likes to live vicariously through the romances of others, even if it would end up being a long-distance relationship

fucking goddammit I just realized the pun potential that was "Yanondere"

this is why all my writing projects fall apart

>mfw people approve of the Yandere posting

I'm honestly surprised, most people usually think I'm weird for my fondness for this sort of thing. Glad it made the thread a little bit more entertaining for you guys.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that you and the girl are continents apart, but really, OP, if you're willing to give it a chance? Please do. It would make me happy to hear that you two are happy together.

>t. Salty and Betrayed by a Yandere

>Tfw you'll never get to play the party support/healer protected by an overbearing, slightly yandere knight wants nothing more than to claim you, but needs you to claim them

Don't worry, user, I'm sure all of your writing projects are fantastic and that you just have to believe in them some more. You know, just be confidant because you've done your best and that people will like your work because of your dedication.

Besides, I doubt that special someone who loves you cares if you make the occasional mistake.

starting to understand why OP was slightly offput, but thanks I guess. It's not so much fall apart as I just run out of gas on them. I've been told I have a pretty vivid imagination, but it comes and goes in burst that usually end up draining me.

Also I feel you partly because I'm in a similar situation with a girl in my online group who seems to really like my ideas

alright ill stop blog posting now

>I have a pretty vivid imagination but it comes and goes in burst
OP here, pretty sure you are me

youtube.com/watch?v=_WSulaRxCm0

You've been fucking bamboozled.

I mean, I am pretty much the Morty here.

But she doesn't sound crazy.
More mischievous, really.

>is going to have her character rejoin with the BBEG
>the GM doesn't know about the betrayal. And potentially about the evil backstory she has written for herself.

Since this is an online game, save the logs and talk to your GM. If she's being serious she should be kicked out for fucking with you, the campaign, and trying to force her headcanon into the GMs game.
If she's actually joking, fly to her location and punch her in the face.

Of course she's just mischievous, senpai, she would certainly not be crazy for loving you! All of her silly little 'pranks' to keep you safe and happy are from the bottom of her heart, born out of love for you~

No, she said the GM knows, but doesn't know that she told me. She's not that stupid. She's actually kinda genius. Either way, she's an amazing sadist or an amazing troll and I'm fine with either. Just wasn't quite sure which

If only...

Always hated that gif

Come on, senpai, don't tell me you're doubting your special someone's intentions with you... you're going to break her heart... you don't want to end up like the last guy who broke her heart, do you...?

Oh, that changes things.
She's not a genius, she just pulled off a social bluff. Learn from whatever she does and her past actions to better predict her future actions and if she is doing the same thing to you in the future.
And quit putting her on a pedestal due to your own ignorance. It's unbecoming.

what anime is the gif from

Yandere-fetishists should end up impaled on the knife of some crazy stalker, see how much they like it then.

>legit admiring a player for thier narrative and character genius
"GRRRR YOU CANT DO THAT STOP SAYING PLAYERS ARE DOING COOL SHIT"
>literally you

Confirmed for you two being my alter egos.

A yandere fetishist would give in to their fantasy, which is probably a manageable crazy level. They'd be willing to live in a basement and not talk to anyone they don't want to risk getting shanked.

Duararara, can't recall if it was season 1 or 2.

Great show, though the plot of season 1 halfway through kind of... relies on a lot of coincidence, like too much to be reasonable. The light novels (which have the same problem in the corresponding part) are really good as well, and they're currently following a new central cast three years after the events of the show (and the first few books). Best the original series and the sequel 'series' (really more just adding a new subtitle on) are great in my opinion.

I ain't saying she's perfect. Just that in the full context of things whatever the answer was it was a pretty clever and amusing move.
Are we... are we talking about my player or your yandere woman?

cool thanks

Both.

>live in a basement and not talk to anyone they don't want to risk getting shanked
Sounds pretty baller, how often do I get to into my yanderefu?

O-oooh. Well, I don't wanna disappoint her I guess. I've got this thing about letting people down

Every night, senpai. She wants to please you and make sure you're always loyal.
Don't we all, senpai, don't we all?

This is starting to sound like a really nice deal
What's the policy on board and video games?

>betrayed by a yandere

That's not how they work bro.

As long as you make time for her and don't try to date other people, she's perfectly content to let you play your weird little games and might even join in at times!

>BBEG

Bleh.

yeah, ugh
I like to call'm SSAD - Super Sized Antagonist Dude

>not even the GM knows that my character is working for the BBEG

Does this GM not vet character concepts?

Stop trying to force this meme. It isn't working.

> >be me

I knew there was something missing from my filter. Thanks, reddit!

shut up, extra evil bad antagonist

someone should stat this kid

what?

at least its not ugh

i think its more the gm doesnt know that she told him.

Read the WHOLE POST please, underage

>BBEG

Ugh.

What don't people like about this term? What is it that's so annoying to some people

As someone who became a yandere's bf it's is 100% totes worth it. Scars included

don't respond
just don't respond and they will grow bored of it

This is easy. Call her stupid bluff, you tell every other player and the GM about her hilarious "joke." Tell them like you've told us, like you're repeating a funny joke. Then they'll all have the information you do, but if the bitch gives you attitude you just say "What, I thought you were joking!"
If she insists she's joking, treat it like a good joke and share it with the rest of the class. If she flips out because she WASN'T really joking, that's even better.

Yandere is not a real thing that an actual person can be. All you did was stick your dick in crazy, and I feel bad for you.
Get out if you still can.

NO.FUN.ALLOWED

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

>"Because you have the lowest wisdom so you can never reveal it. IC you'd never pick up on it and you can't use your OOC character knowledge to metagame it. And even if you did nobody would believe you. And you can't tell anyone. Not even the GM knows you know."
give her the D, she wants it

This was really cool

>The DM isnt actually the DM but one of the players is the DM working for the BBEG keeping the current fake-DM hostage
We have to go deeper

People have been complaining about "dice" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a game needed a random factor as a central element.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Dice" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "fair number cube." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the d6, others using it as the d10, and still others using it as simply any d, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "dice sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this mechanic, it's Veeky Forums's mechanic, every true fa/tg/uy uses dice exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to roll dice.

Dice is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

People have been complaining about "Dungeons and Dragons" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a combat game could include fantasy roleplay.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Dungeons and Dragons" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Fighting Fantasy." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the OSR, others using it as the current edition, and still others using it as simply any tabletop RPG, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "D&D sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this game, it's Veeky Forums's game, every true fa/tg/uy uses D&D exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push D&D.

D&D is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.