Stat me, Veeky Forums

Stat me, Veeky Forums.

Boy I sure am tired, aren't you tired? Maybe we should just go to sleep instead

Let's not do that right now.

Bump out of curiosity. I'm gonna GM my very first game (Mutants and Masterminds) for some friends and my wife wants to play not-Morgana. I can already tell she's gonna be That Guy

As long as your group doesn't have a not-Ryuji, it'll be fine. Morgana's a genuinely likeable character.

It's a boy.

A cat is fine too.

Original Catbus: Do Not Steal/10

Underrated-character/10
Felt really bad about not getting him his tuna.

MAKE ME
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL CAT

IT'S TIME
TO GO
TO SLEEP

Ryuji was fine, Morgana's the shitter. Also tell her not to be so thirsty, his lusting after Ann was more annoying than anything else.

>Ryuji was fine, Morgana's the shitter.
>Morgana, literally the best healer you have in your party at that point aside from possibly the MC himself if you get a good persona
>Morgana, the guy who drives you around Mementos and helps a fair bit plot-wise on every single fucking mission
>Morgana, the guy who is the entire reason you and Ryuji lived through Kamoshida's castle to begin with
>Morgana is somehow the shitter for, after night after night of worry and stress about his actual origin, flipping out and bailing after ryuji constantly berates him and calls him a stupid useless cat even in situations where it's not even slightly relevant, then manages to go one step farther and call Morgana this again when making the world's most half-assed apology
>Morgana is still somehow the shitter even though he admitted running off was fucking stupid, while Ryuji continued to be a complete blockhead and never admit that his bullshit towards Morgana was awful
Ryuji is literally "That Guy".
Like, seriously, I swear I've read a That Guy greentext that sounded like a 1:1 description of Ryuji before.

>Ryuji is literally that guy
>acts like a dick to the other party members constantly
>constantly tries to derail the plot by saying they should come out publicly as the phantom theives to get his dick wet
>constantly drags other party members/NPCs into stupid flirting sessions which never go well in the slightest
You may be onto something.

>Over sensitive little cunt calls Ryuji useless every chance he gets
>Gets called useless himself a couple times and runs off crying like a bitch
>Ryuji, best DPS in the game
>Ryuji, the one guy who wouldn't give you shit for your criminal record when you first showed up
>Morgana, Spergs out every time you find a treasure
Neither is perfect but you can't discount your best bro.

Not the other user but I don't know man, Morganya running away at a critical time was super not cool but at least it was somewhat understandable. Morgana is dumb just for falling into the "I'm not going to talk about whats wrong" trope.

Ryujis constant trying to use his fame to get laid and general comic relief stupidity got old real fast. None of the other characters irritated me nearly as much as Ryuji did. He just felt like a more annoying Yosuke from P4(G)

>over sensitive little cunt calls ryuji useless every chance he gets
No he doesn't.
He calls him thick-skulled, stupid, an airhead. Something literally everyone else in the cast calls him, because he's kind of an absolute numbskull.
Meanwhile, you have Ryuji, towards the cat-thing that's already having identity issues due to complete memory erasure and mysterious origins, calling the poor guy COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS.
Then, when they try to apologize, he word-for-word says "I DON'T MIND IF YOU'RE USELESS, OR A CAT"
He's a stupid asshole.

Morgana's awesome because Morgana's the actual thief. Who's the one who breaks into Madarame's chamber of secrets, figured out how Futaba figured out they were the phantom thieves/reads the calling card, and helped formulate the plan to catch the traitor? Morgana genuinely kicks ass.

I thought Haru was where the real damage is at?

>best bro
>DUDE ISN'T IT GREAT BEING THE PHANTOM THIEVES AND EATING AT THIS NICE SUSHI RESTAURAUNT WITH THE MONEY WE EARNED FROM STEALING TREASURE AS THE PHANTOM THIEVES
>DUDE I KNOW WE'RE IN A CROWDED SUBWAY BUT FUCK I LOVE BEING A PHANTOM THIEF
>HEY MANY YOU WANNA COME HIT ON SOME CHICKS AND FAIL MISERABLY
>NO?
>FUCK YOU YOU'RE COMING ALONG ANYWAYS
>AND I'M BRINGING ALONG MISHIMA TOO THAT'LL BE FUN RIGHT
>DUDE DID I MENTION HOW FUCKING *MUCH* I WANT TO GET MY DICK WET
Morgana's 100x more of a bro than Ryuji.
Ryuji is, as said, literally "that guy".

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral

Every party member does that. One of their "hideouts" was sitting in the middle of a fucking mall, where they loudly discussed their plans despite there being people standing like five feet away.

They're all dumbasses, Ryuji's just the only one who get's called out on it.

Most of the others usually at least whisper when they say "Phantom Thieves", though. Ryuji just yells it constantly.

>best healer
all the more reason to bench him, heals are better served out of battle when they don't waste valuable dps turns
>drives you around
it's honestly not that large of a place, if you seriously needed a large unwieldly means of transportation, Makoto could summon Johanna. Johanna's control would probably be better than catcar
>reason you and Ryuji lived
bs, you could easily live without him. The only true thing he taught you was how guns worked and Ryuji could have figured that out on his own during his awakening
>worry and stress about his actual origin
which nobody actually cares about. that's the point of the group, they've got raw deals but make the best of it and try to reform society so others don't suffer
>never admit that his bullshit towards Morgana was awful
because it wasn't. He was telling the truth, taking jabs back at the cat who constantly insulted Ryuji for no reason

>heals are better served out of battle when they don't waste valuable dps turns
The vast majority of heavy-hitting skills use health instead of SP, though. Having morgana there to spam Mediarama is almost required, especially if you're using Ryuji.

As someone who played on Hard using Ryuji, Ann->Makoto and Yusuke->Haru I rarely required healing during battles except for boss battles. Diarama almost always sufficed for randoms, if it didn't, Takemedics worked fine and could be thrown by anyone on an off turn. For bosses, I would either switch MC's persona to a healing one for 1 turn or toss the stronger Takemedic by whoever's turn was least useful.