>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

Other urls found in this thread:

enworld.org/forum/content.php?3927-Dust-and-Midway-Codenames-for-Upcoming-D-D-Hardcovers#.WP7WPIg1-Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=qJgGm36icTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unearthed Arcana are nice but when will some splatbooks come out?

enworld.org/forum/content.php?3927-Dust-and-Midway-Codenames-for-Upcoming-D-D-Hardcovers#.WP7WPIg1-Uk

Sept. and Nov.

what a shitty picture, holy shit.

Better question.

When are we getting campaign or setting books for something other than Forgotten Realms?
Curse of Strahd really wet my whistle for exotic stuff.

repostan from last thread.

How would you emulate a shadow priest?
Torn between a warlock for more of the cultist vibe, or a trickery/death domain cleric.

Bonus question, any of the new feats help with this concept? I don't recall any of them that would, but perhaps.

What do you want out of future official publications?

For more than I'd like more monsters and classes, I feel like setting adaptations are long overdue. I for one would like to see how they update Spelljammer and Planescape for 5th edition. Maybe some Dark Sun to go with an official Mystic release as well...

Monsters, definitely more monsters would be nice.

Any of these racial feats worth saving/altering? Already going to change Wish Giver's to one week for balance.

A good settings book would have some iconic and niche monsters for the setting. Everyone wins.

Good taste. I'm frankly tired of high fantasy FR shit. Gimme some Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Dragonlance.

>My Goliath OC was included

T-thanks senpai

Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Planescape, Dark Sun. Those are the four wildly different flavors I'd like.

Shadow priest I assume is some established concept from another work??

Matt Mercer's Exandria setting is getting its own release. Could be in the fall.

It's just another high magic setting though, so I wouldn't expect a bunch of variety there

Is an ability that can recharge on a roll of 5-6 more powerful, less powerful or roughly the same as an ability with limited uses per day, say 5/Day?

Drow Shadow Sorcerer? I don't know what you mean by a Shadow Sorcerer but that gives you a real love of the darkness.

Also you get to take the cool new Drow feat.

Thoughts on the Birdmen from the Elemental Evil supplement? I'm thinking about playing one as a Wizard.

I'm going to be real, its not like we could do much better by em. Goliaths are just so boring, especially when we already have plenty of
>big strong dude
races.

Yeah, it would be akin to the shadow priest from WoW.
Alternatively a cultist could work. But I think I'd rather play a cleric to be honest.

Mystara, Eberron, Spelljammer, Birthright, or, even better, a new IP

I don't remember much about WoW but either a Warlock, Death Cleric or a Death Wizard could work.

Another option would be a Favored Soul Sorcerer so you have Cleric and Sorcerer spell picks.

Why would you play through something that you've already seen others do? I like the setting but if it's pretty much plotting out the plot why run it again?

New IP is my wet dream, followed by Birthright but I know we'll never see it again.

Death Theurge sorry.

Recharge 5-6 averages out to being usable on 1/3 combat rounds. Looking at my own combats, that's probably 2 uses per combat, and the book recommends what is it, 6-8 combats a day? That's potentially a lot more uses than 5/day, but the general feelings seem to be that nobody really gets 6-8 combats a day. I guess look at what you and your group does.

Yeah, was thinking if I went warlock to be a little less typical and be more support oriented.
Opting to take tome and use something like sacred flame cantrip for damage instead of typical EB turret.

And then for invocations take silent image and try to influence the mind of the enemy as much as possible with illusions and domination/charms.

Honestly you will be complete shit without EB. Warlock is a spellcaster but it's mostly a Blaster.

Death Cleric might just be your best bet, ask if you can swap the Divine Strike for Potent Spellcasting.

Yeah I tried keeping it in theme with them but it really just reinforces the me stronk theme. Then again it would be fun playing one whose back story or character doesn't set that as his highest priority or is completely opposite to that.

To add, if I went warlock, any way I can get some healing potential besides dipping into something like bard or taking magic initiate?
Feels like a shadow priest should still be able to heal somewhat. But be kinda shit at it.

Yeah, I know. But the way my group often runs things combat usually isn't the primary focus of the game.

And I would enjoy being as creative as possible with my silent images at will. I don't know, I might try it. Just as an experiment if anything.

Recently in Critical Role Mercer mentioned that the campaign guide takes place a year after what's happened in the show

I think I like his world building a little more than FR, but he definitely needed to flush out a lot of stuff and fill some plot holes. I've always complained that the scale of his world doesn't make sense. Everything is abnormally small

So, what would a new IP entail?
It's not gonna be setting- ideally, full sized worlds are going to have a variety of biomes, cultures, etc
It would probably be an overarching theme or feeling to the adventures that take place, but that's hard to define. Essential elements of the metastructure of the world is probably one of the strongest influences on general "feel". Something like a hollow earth, mysterious social structures that influence life (like a fey court, a tangible underworld, etc) tidally locked, the atmosphere has a strange quality to it, the main action takes place on a moon that orbits the planet of the gods, etc.

What are the side effects on the system because of a new IP? Things like new monsters, spells, classes that focus on interacting with a specific aspect of the IP, etc. The majority of what players and not DMs will interact with are these elements.

Would it be fair to let Sorcerers use their Spellslots for spells they get from their Race? I'm thinking it might solve the spells know issues for a few of the races.

Thanks heaps bro, that's a really helpful analysis. True that it's also dependent on the group in question.

You'd rather use spell slots than number/day? If you wanted to do that in your game, I guess go ahead and try it and if it ends up being broken or cheesy tell the player to stop. What spells is the sorcerer wanting to cast more often than he's able? Or is this just hypothetical?

One of the players is a Tiefling and just found it weird he can't use his spellslots to cast Hellish Rebuke even though he's magic.

I understand it's his natural Racial magic but I've been thinking of letting him cast them as well as use his 1/per rest use of them.

How about fallen aasimar and take magic initiate bard for healing word so you can revive someone in combat once per day.

If you're not going EB you will be able to at least boost your damage output once per day when the situation calls for it with the aasimar ability.

Doesn't seem like complete shit imo.

Well, there's gotta be some kind of reason that races that get spells have a limit on them, maybe it's just so that players using those races but not a spellcasting class will know how much they can use their feature. Like I said, bring it up to your party and see if anybody objects, and if not let him add it to his spell list.

Wait actually I'm retarded, no need for magic initiate as you can heal as an aasimar anyway.

Something weird from the Monster Manual...
>Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 24 hours. Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake.

Does the poison ends when the target is shaken awake? Do they go back to unconsciousness until they're no longer poisoned?

Is there an assumption to the power scaling of a rechargeable ability and per day use ability or is it just get good at reading monster entries?

It's pretty vague but I'd run it as if they are shaken awake they are awake.

either they wake up and get to make another save or it just ends the poison. its worded pretty badly

>change agonizing blast to an invocation that says, any damage you deal with a cantrip you add your cha mod.
>suddenly EB is not a must pick

thoughts?

>Changeling

>Mind Changer
>+1 Int
>Upon shapechanging you gain the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) if they are higher than your own, as well as proficiencies in tools, languages, and mental skills of the target you change into. You keep these bonuses for one hour after changing back to your base form. To get these bonuses you must have made physical contact with the creature while it was alive.

>The MacReady Defense
>+1 Str
>As a bonus action you can shift your body to create an array of natural weapons including horns, fangs, claws, and talons giving you 1d10 +Str damage either piercing or slashing.
>You also extend your reach by 5 ft.

>Potent Shapeshifting
>+1 Wis or Con
>You gain the ability to shapeshift into beasts and monstrosities of the same size category of you.

Just checked the PHB if you are poisoned you have disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. So you are awake but still under the poisoned condition.

The DMG has some guidelines on figuring out the CR of a creature based on things like damage, health, abilities (like things that recharge on 5-6) etc. There maaaaaay be a specific entry there talking about breath weapons and what kind of numbers you expect. It would probably say something like: for (breath weapon) assume (number) damage per turn.

Poisoned and Unconscious are different.
>A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.

The way I'd rule it is: The suffer the Poisoned condition for 24 hours, no matter what. They cannot awaken under their own power until the poison expires, but they can be awakened by another creature. If they are awakened, they still have the Poisoned condition for 24 hours, as normal.

My biggest concern would be with shit like booming blade and the like in earlier levels. But its damage still wouldn't be that insane, right?

The problem is that Eldritch Blast still does the best damage type (force), with great hit dice for a cantrip, spread out over multiple attack rolls/targets, and can be upgraded further with Eldritch Spear and Repelling Blast.

Multiclassing with Dragon Sorcerer, Being an Undying Light Warlock, dipping as an Evoker.

Basically what EB should've been is a Class feature with Invocations to change the damage type, range and give it secondary effects.

Or better yet make EB change depending on your Patron. Fiend gives a closer range Fire one with a big damage die, GOO gives Psychic and reduces speed, Undying makes it Radiant and does extra damage against undead.

Well the whole point of EB+AB is that it hits multiple times, letting you add your Cha to each hit. So that wouldn't actually change anything since a fire bolt is still only going to hit once.

Goliath and Aarakocra sound ok.
Genasi is broken as the nine hells.

With the new Drow feat I have to play one. How do I do this right without being murdered by someone for being an evil elf?

Also what's the best class for one?

So how do I make pick related? I was thinking of going Hobgoblin Wizard?

Why do you have to play one?

>How do I do this right without being murdered by someone for being an evil elf?
Do you really wanna be evil?
Either you:

Easy tier: somehow you left the UD and became rogue edgelord
Normal tier: Go Drizzt.
I've got this tier: You are an orphan rescued from the UD by a holy order, Cleric/Paladin.
Instadeath tier: I'm an evil sorcerer with my +2 CHA, who cares about background?

What is the "I'm a refugee from a corrupt and oppressive society" trope?

What is "I wasn't raised in the Underdark and I don't worship sadistic spider demons"?

What is "#notalldrow"?

Best class is sorcerer, or any charisma-caster really. Elves get dex by default, which unarmored casters can use and charisma as a casting stat is the most mileage you're get out of Charisma as a stat.

warlock and take at will disguise self if you're worried about being murdered

Artificer, bomb maker
Pick a flying beast like a giant eagle.

Anyone got some ideas for Aasimar's racial traits? Really looking for some.
Bonus points if you manage to make Bullywug's too.

At will Dancing Lights and Detect Magic as well as Darkness, Dispel Magic and Levitate once per rest. It's cool.

I'm honestly feeling like doing the Drizzt tier might be best. Just less autism and "I'm a the best swordsman, my daddy said so".

Actually now I'm curious, in Forgotten Realms are there any Drow cities which aren't spider sex cults?

It's probably weird that I like the idea of playing a Drow but hate Warlocks. The flavor never appealed to me because it feels like I could just be a Cleric or Paladin for it 99% of the time.

Had tried thinking of some since I have one in my campaign but I got nothing so far.

Regular group has wrapped up SKT.
I've got 10 years of DM experience under my belt now.
So we got together to play with no real campaign goal in mind.

We started fresh in a generic sword coast region and I had a token jackelwere/lamia desert plot that I had kicking around unused for the session, but at the last minute we decided to start at level 1 and not 3, so I thought to improvise a minor rat-in-the-cellar style kickoff.

Well, the "rat" was an inherited house that was mysteriously suffocating people. It was a rug of suffocation. It hid a trapdoor, which led to a cellar which hid another trapdoor, which led to a smaller room with another trapdoor, which led to a tunnel dug through the sandy earth, supported by wooden beams and dimly illuminated by brass mirrors, lengthy and twisting in 90 degree turns, until reaching a simple room with an open wooden box.

>"Oh oh OH! You are unluuucky"
An incorporeal, simple floating skull appears.
>PCs: "What, why?"
>"You've just been cursed! All of you! By me, Murph! I'm the curse! You've got to give me your souls." (the skull nods)
>PCs: "We don't want to give you our souls."
>"You could give me your gold instead. That's how the curse works, gold or souls."
>(PC begins to roll initiative)
>Murph coughs a d20 out of his mouth: "I got a 3. Hmm, I don't think I'd win this one. Look, don't be mad at me! I didn't make the curse, I'm just telling you how it works"
>PCs: "Well how much money then."
>Murph: "Not money, gold. Gold and souls- the basis of all magic. Hmm, let's see, gold for soul exchange rate... 50 tons. Each."
>PCs(someone smart): "5 million gp! That's ridiculous."
>Murph: "Your souls then?"
>PCs: "No."
>:several minutes of investigation, leaving the room only to find that Murph follows, attacking Murph and finding him nothing more than a shared image in their minds, etc.:
>Murph: "Well you don't have to give it all up right away. If you just keep the curse- me- fed, you can pay the rest later."

>A couatl can sense its end up to a century beforehand, but it has no insight into the manner of its demise.
>If a couatl has already accomplished what it set out to do, it accepts its fate. However, if its imminent death endangers the completion of its goals, it actively seeks out another couatl with which to produce offspring.
>The mating ritual of couatls is a beautiful and elaborate dance of magic and light, which results in a gem-like egg from which a new couatl hatches.

God. Now I want to give my party a quest from a couatl to find him/her a mate before death. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

>PCs: "So like, a little bit now, and a little bit later?"
>Murph: "2 lbs. a week each would suffice."
>PCs: "That's not so bad. Where'd this curse come from?"
>Murph: "Wizard you inherited the house from. Who knows, maybe you'll find another wizard who could undo the curse? Or maybe earn the favor of some god? Anyway, got any gold for me now?"
>PCs: "Uh. (counts coins) no."
>Murph: "Well, do what adventurers do! Check the town board for a quest or something, fight some pirates, steal from a dragon, whatever. You only got so much time!"
>Murph: (pondering for a second) "Oh, and if you die, no escape just because your soul goes to another plane. If you're still gone by the time the week's end rolls around, I'll just assume you can't make payment and take the rest out of your soul."
>PCs: "Stupid curse"
>Murph: "I can hear you."
>PCs: "Murph, you're a dick."
>Murph: "I'm a skull."
>(level 3 adventurers staring gloomily at the town message board)
>Murph. "Ha. Ha."

I guess this is what I'm running with. Any ideas on a campaign name?

Skull fucked/fucking

Rollin' bones.

youtube.com/watch?v=qJgGm36icTU

>Are there any Drow cities which aren't spider sex cults?

Dunno. Does it matter? Is your DM such a hardass that he won't let you say "I'm from a refugee community on the surface" or "Multicultural societies exist on the surface and include drow who have left the Underdark"?

If your DM is giving you any control over your character's backstories at all, it's fairly easy to bullshit a non-snowflake excuse for why you're not an evil spider-fetishist.

I'm just a fan of trying to work in a character without breaking canon. I don't mind making up a new place but it's just easier for me if I can find a place that there's already information about.

What about when they reach level 5 and one of them learns Remove Curse?

The plot thickens?

And so have I

Has anyone thought of ways to make Time Stop useful? Delayed Blast Fireball is so far the only thing that I can think of. It shouldn't be this hard for a 9th level spell.

Spear using immortal mystic with a hand axe as back up bad idea thinking of taking that ua spear feat.

>Minotaur

>Blood Beast of Baphomet
>+1 Str
>At the start of your next turn you can choose to gain advantage on all attack rolls until the end of your next turn but all attack rolls against you also have advantage.

>The Sea Faring Kind
>+1 Dex
>You gain a swim and climb speed equal to your highest movespeed.
>You also gain proficiency carpentry and rope work.

>Work Bull
>+1 Str
>You count as two size categories larger for the purposes of push and pull. 1 Size category larger for the purposes of lift and carry.

huh, this is good stuff

>At the start of your next turn you can choose to gain advantage on all attack rolls until the end of your next turn but all attack rolls against you also have advantage
Jesus I fucked up that english. I need sleep.
>At the start of your turn until the start of your next turn all attack rolls you make and attack rolls made against you have advantage.

Halfling Ranger

Good, bad? Stout gets +2 dex +1 con, honestly if you sidestep the spells that use save DC I'd prefer to just focus on those two AS. Reroll 1s seems crazy strong to me.

I'm a particular fan of Cry of the Banshee and Drink the Blood of the Priest, personally.

With Standard array you can get 17 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis, which is more than fine for a start.

Small races suck because they move slow and can't use heavy weapons, such as the longbow.

Play woodelf

Halfling good, Ranger bad.

Unless it's UA Revised Ranger, which is OK.

Help me with a critique of this please.

Glory of the Morning (Recharge 5-6) Lathander unleashes sunlight of such intensity and radiance that it appears as the coming of a second dawn. Each creature in a 360 ft radius must make a DC 27 Constitution saving throw, taking 93 (17d10) radiant and 93 (17d10) fire damage on a failed save and is blinded for 8 minutes, or half as much damage on a successful one and is blinded for 1 minute.
This is divine damage and cannot be resisted and immunity does not apply.
Undead, oozes, fiends and creatures with sunlight sensitivity have disadvantage on this saving throw.
This also dispels any darkness or deeper darkness in its area.

Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer are instantly destroyed.

This is what an avatar of Lathander has and was inspired by Tiamat's statblock and powers in Faiths and Avatars.

Best ranged weapon is the Hand Crossbow, though.

Earthquake still works

>Loading

Halfling Beastmaster. Now you can ride the wolf in a non-sexual way.

How would you calculate an enemy with PC class levels in terms of CR?

The head of this assassin's guild the party have made enemies of is Way of Shadows Monk 6/Assassin Rogue 3/Hexblade Warlock 3 and I'm trying to figure what his CR would be so I can work out how strong his minions (if any) should be.

Help me with a critique of this please.

Glory of the Morning (Recharge 5-6) Lathander unleashes sunlight of such intensity and radiance that it appears as the coming of a second dawn. Each creature in a 360 ft radius must make a DC 27 Constitution saving throw, taking 93 (17d10) radiant and fire damage on a failed save and is blinded for 8 minutes, or half as much damage on a successful one and is blinded for 1 minute.
This is divine damage and cannot be resisted and immunity does not apply.
Undead, oozes, fiends and creatures with sunlight sensitivity have disadvantage on this saving throw.
This also dispels any darkness or deeper darkness in its area.

Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer are instantly destroyed.

This is what an avatar of Lathander has and was inspired by Tiamat's statblock and Lathander's powers in Faiths and Avatars.

He actually uses crossbows without the Crossbow Expert feat.

>Crossbow Expert

Even without the feat a Halfling gets -2 damage on average compared to a big race but gets some good racials. It's really not a big deal and if he wants to play one he'll be fine.

These are interesting, I'll save them for later.

CR 2 for level 4-5
CR 13 for level 20
Good spell choice and magic items bump that up further along with allies.

So does Mordenkainen's faithful hound and Tsunami

>Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer are instantly destroyed.
Lol I guess. Sucks to be undead. Are they instantly destroyed before or after the initial damage? That's a colossl fuck you to undead.

Yeah the main problem is
>Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious
So technically, if you wake them up, they will become unconscious again until the poison is over.

They should write it like this:
>... and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned and unconscious for 24 hours. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake, but the poisoned condition continues for the remaining perioid.

Or
>the target gets another save if so awokened.

Save seems right, I'd make the damage 9d10 Radiant and 9d10 Fire maybe, the Blinding seems way to long and I'd make it 1 minute with a save each round and just 1 round if they pass it.

I don't think ignoring immunity seems right because he would likely have servants that are immune to Radiant. Ignoring resistance seems fine though.

Save Disadvantage is good, same as the darkness banishment.

I'd make the undead fucking be 50HP or less.

>Halfling
>Bountiful Luck
>Diviner Wizard
>Lucky Feat

The meme build has grown an additional edge.

No one will ever fail a roll again.