Segwit2x December 28th

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Isn't this gonna be putting a damper on any BCH flippening? People are gonna wanna hold BTC to get the S2x coins that are finally coming, especially since BCH only really pumped up when S2x was "cancelled".

financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ultimate-comeback-bitcoins-segwit2x-fork-scheduled-december-‎‎28/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

b2x-segwit.io
youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
youtu.be/hO176mdSTG0
bitcoingod.org/

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Fuck... BCH is raping us and none of the shitcoin forks are confusing noobs, what the fuck do we do???

lets bring back a redundant hard fork and hopefully people will forget all about bitcoin cash!

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Etherdelta is already buying BZC for 5x ICO price faggots.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

this, fuck kikestream

Flameblow
Flameblow

So you corecucks have already reached the bargaining stage? Nice. Still not touching your bankcoin with a 10-feet stick tho. You can choke on it.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

accounting nightmare, and security nightmare... BCH for days. the fork is basically creating BCH.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

They're taking satoshis coins. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

its so much easier to persuade normies bitcoin CASH vs "swewgick2x86" or whatever

iluvmen
iluvmen

Why are they stealing Satoshi's coins?

RavySnake
RavySnake

kikestream hates bitcoin and they hate satoshi and what he stood for

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I'm not even on "Core's side", I'm just a day trader wondering how this fork will effect prices. it looked like BCH was really gonna gain ground this time because of the high fees but if this fork is coming soon people are gonna want to get back into BTC for free shit again.

5mileys
5mileys

That's seriously fucking disgusting.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

It's been like 200 forks. What is one more, specially when is a shitty, discarded as redundant one?
They should try, by all means. When it gets dumped it will only strenghten BCH.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I agree, except this one was the most anticipated and it getting cancelled was why people starting caring BCH. So it might be a bit different then all these Gold/Diamond/whatever shitcoins.

King_Martha
King_Martha

They're taking satoshis coins
How?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

They make the rules

Emberfire
Emberfire

They're stealing Satoshi's coins. I won't put one fucking cent into this king of shitcoins.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

No, like what does the transaction that steals his coins look like?
Is there some change to how genesis blocks work?

Lunatick
Lunatick

b2x-segwit.io

I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project

5mileys
5mileys

They just change the ledger on the fork block and everyone rolls with it.

RumChicken
RumChicken

You can do this right now too except you will just get orphaned. The difference is everyone will be running this updated ledger.

Illusionz
Illusionz

They’ve been after Satoshi’s coins for a while.

They can eat a fucking dick.

youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
28:50

“I think Satoshi’s a sellout”
“And I think that he could burn his private keys now and not risk the future economy of the world , with an unknown party holding 10% of it”
“Who may have given those keys to his kid, and his kid might be the next HITLER”
“Or he may have gotten a mental illness and gotten whacky himself”
“Or he has some other socially dangerous beliefs”
“He’s a variable that we’re unaware of”
“He could just burn his keys”
“He could be renouncing his control of his keys but he’s not.”
“Which means he’s either a bitch or he’s dead”
“Those are the only two options I’m aware of”

- Bitcoin core dev

Firespawn
Firespawn

That's possible, but I haven't seen anything to back that up. Least of all any code.

Transactions like this mean it's definitively not bitcoin though. If they just gave coins to addresses when mining, that'd be fine.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

cashies are so trash , you know OP has a legitimate point

TechHater
TechHater

NOT REALLY > LOOK PAST THE OBVIOUS...

Bidwell
Bidwell

If they just gave coins to addresses when mining, that'd be fine.
No it fucking wouldn't. They're his coins. He can be the world's first trillionaire for all I give a fuck. Don't steal from people you nigger.

likme
likme

Fuck you scumbag and fuck your theft coin.

I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project

takes2long
takes2long

Once they set this precedent, if corecucks actually follow it, anyone’s coins will be game for theft.

Your money isn’t safe in Segwit 2x or corecuck.

TreeEater
TreeEater

I meant from the mining reward, dinkus.

Even then, it's totally not theft, because Nakamoto still owns those coins on the original blockchain that is bitcoin. I care less about "stealing" coins than I do about a blockchain that accepts transactions that would steal coins as a matter of design. (Like ethereum)

Emberburn
Emberburn

Bitcoin hasn't been bitcoin since the blocks were filled

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Why not?
Ideally, link to posts by satoshi about what bitcoin needs to be considered bitcoin.

farquit
farquit

You’re literally braindead.

Go jump off a bridge or run into the highway.

w8t4u
w8t4u

I am a BTCfag. I am not okay with this theftcoin and will not be following the fork. Don't lump us all in with those criminals.

No, fuck you. It's not okay. Consider if they took your coins and gave them to some gibsmedat niggers. You probably wouldn't like it either.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Segwit was designed so that coins could be stolen at will.

Why the hell are you a corecuck?

Please watch.

youtu.be/hO176mdSTG0

Inmate
Inmate

No, fuck you. It's not okay. Consider if they took your coins and gave them to some gibsmedat niggers. You probably wouldn't like it either.
Anyone can fork bitcoin, and do anything with the existing ledger.
e.g. if the bitcoin cash fork meant that whatever bitcoin cash I would have owned got given away, I just don't have any new crypto currency. I'd still have BTC.

TechHater
TechHater

Segwit was designed so that coins could be stolen at will.
How?

Like, show me the code.

farquit
farquit

Just end yourself.

The world would be better off.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I'll watch the video, and I'm sure I already know what it's on about (decoupling), but "Chief Scientist of Bitcoin Unlimited" sure isn't bringing this video off to a good start. As for why I'm a corefag it's because I think Lightning is the most promising solution the cryptocurrency community has at the moment.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Not sure he seems fairly rational to me.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Following the whitepaper of bitcoin would be a really good start

Emberfire
Emberfire

I'm aware. That doesn't make it okay. They are targeting a specific person, and that person happens to be the one that introduced cryptocurrencies to the world. So aside from it being theft, and theft being reprehensible, it's theft from a person we should all respect.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

How do they not do that?
I assume you mean things that the whitepaper expressly forbids, rather than things it just doesn't cover.

TreeEater
TreeEater

They don’t respect Satoshi.

They hate Satoshi with all their ability and with every breath think of ways to steal his coins.

youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
28:50

SniperGod
SniperGod

Not increasing the blocksize
Introducing segwit
second layer is questionable but not really a deal breaker.
It's a peer to peer cash system, how are 30 dollar fees a proper implementation of that?

w8t4u
w8t4u

segwit only allows people to steal your coins if they have 51% hashrate, and at that point they can already 51% attack the network
I'd be far more concerned about a nigger breaking into my house and robbing me

TechHater
TechHater

Where are each of those in the whitepaper?
Increasing the block size is questionable with regard to it being peer to peer. Although, I've seen both sides of the argument.

Illusionz
Illusionz

I've seen that video already. I don't trust Ver either, which is why I don't trust Bcash. He already has the idea of having more hard forks in the future, which I think destabilizes his coin and promotes a nebulous future. Hard forks should not be taken lightly, specifically because people can use them to do fucked up shit like steal Satoshi's coins.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

wtf are they on about

how does 10% of the world's store of value make a hilter? I think you need a little more than just money

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

open new segwit2x bitcoin client
import your pre fork wallet
get your private keys stolen

now your bitcoins are really stolen!

girlDog
girlDog

honestly its because they know Craig Wright is Satoshi, who supports Bitcoin Cash and they know they are going to be fucked if he dumps his segwitcoins

Inmate
Inmate

Either you have hardforks that can sustain multiple points of failure or a consensus chain that if fails, everything fails. It seems to me that
a darwinistic model would eventually produce the better coin as it’s the only mechanism that we know improves fitness in the real world.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Craig Wright is Satoshi
Craig Wright is a LARPer.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

oh wow look another shit fork

Not even hashrate. They'd have to get pretty much all nodes on the network to downgrade to downgrade to non-segwit-validating node sofware (i.e. pre 0.13.1). Even if the miners collude and stop following segwit rules, the blocks would still not be accepted as valid by the network.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

just because it says no segwit in the whitepaper doesn't mean we can't do it
You seem far more malicious then curious.

5. Network
The steps to run the network are as follows:
1) New transactions are broadcast to all nodes.
2) Each node collects new transactions into a block.
3) Each node works on finding a difficult proof-of-work for its block.
4) When a node finds a proof-of-work, it broadcasts the block to all nodes.
5) Nodes accept the block only if all transactions in it are valid and not already spent.
6) Nodes express their acceptance of the block by working on creating the next block in the
chain, using the hash of the accepted block as the previous hash.
The two lie hand in hand with this definition.

farquit
farquit

They’re psychopathic animals that have no respect for anything or believe in any rule of law. That’s mainly why I grew to dislike Core and its supporters. Even if the all the devs aren’t inherently evil the supporters are so brainwashed that they would consent to coin theft like the idiot in this thread.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I don't trust survival of the fittest when financials are involved. Specifically, I don't trust Bcash because I think it's a money grab.

whereismyname
whereismyname

lol sure thing faggot, see you in 2020 when the Tulip trust is released

I'll take Gavin's word over some NEET neckbeard autist on a Peruvian llama-shaving imageboard

askme
askme

You seem far more malicious then curious.
No, just curious. Lots of different opinions out there, and yours may be more right than mine.

What part of that means no segwit? I get that it changes the reference implementation to implement segwit, but there were protocol changing updates while he was still around.

iluvmen
iluvmen

If craigs satoshi we're gonna find out after corefags rush to 2x.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

A protocol update is different from a completely new protocol.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Again, I'm going to ask you to be more specific.

Spamalot
Spamalot

I don't trust Bcash because I think it's a money grab.
I don't trust it either but I had pre-fork coins that are just sitting there and doubling.
I really want to dump it but I have no idea when.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

It’s pretty simple. If the coins are exploitable they will fail. If you have coins before fork, you’ll have coins after fork. Unless they try to steal them from you.

I don’t see any problem with having forks compete for hash.

To me it seems the only reasonable way to produce a crypto that is resilient.

massdebater
massdebater

Even if he is Satoshi, and he's not, he's STILL a LARPer because he would be LARPing as a fucking Japanese person for some reason.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I'm a complete noob, only got into crypto a month ago
Is the time of the fork set in stone? How do we know when exactly the fork is going to happen? Do I get the new coin if my BTC is in an exchange wallet, or does it have to be in my own wallet?

Emberfire
Emberfire

The snapshot already happened. S2x coins exist already. They just will be putting the mainnet online.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

No

Booteefool
Booteefool

Bitcoin is already resilient. And once we have Lightning we'll have better interchangeability between other SegWit coins via atomic swaps. Because of that, Bcash will be one of the coins that fails.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

If your coins are on exchange you’ll probably get the fork if it has any value a couple months after the fork.

If the miners boycott it and it has no value, you probably won’t get it on exchange.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Sure buddy.

It’s resilient and fees went up 10x in the last month and memepool is filling up rapidly.

Are you a rational person?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

When was the snapshot?

likme
likme

Once Lightning is available that congestion will cease to exist. And it will be done without a hard fork.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Good thing we have bitcoin cash because they started making all these radical changes.

Now we’ll see which coin is superior

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

citation please

farquit
farquit

I think it's gonna be the one with an increased blocksize and second layers as an opt in.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Before

Skullbone
Skullbone

I honestly almost hope that Satoshi is some supervillain and will set the world ablaze.

RavySnake
RavySnake

And stolen coins?

RumChicken
RumChicken

Good thing we have bitcoin cash because they started making all these radical changes.
They're not really radical changes. They're both optional and they're both done without a hard fork. Forking the blockchain is a radical change.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

LN is coming to BCH

Booteefool
Booteefool

lol bitcoin has hardforked numerous times over the years, gtfo newfag

MPmaster
MPmaster

Forking the blockchain is the only way we will know if their coding is superior to the original or not.

Have you brainlets taken any evolutionary biology courses?

Skullbone
Skullbone

We’ll see about that, brainlet.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Not without consensus.

You don't need to run code to know it's bad.

Firespawn
Firespawn

So if I keep it in, say, my Bread wallet, I'll suddenly get a new coin in there? With a name and everything? What's the new coin called?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

contentious soft forks being less dangerous than contentious hard forks

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Yes, they are less dangerous. You don't have to use SegWit or LN with BTC.

Lunatick
Lunatick

It's completely opt in you fucking faggot you don't need segwit to have second layer solutions.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

No, you have your private key which you can use on any fork unless they steal it from you, which is what they’re doing with this fork.

You may have it, you might not. No one knows.

Methnerd
Methnerd

I don’t care what it is. Let’s see what the fees will be like outside of your little LN.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

SegWit is opt-in and you didn't even have to make a scamcoin to get it.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Then how would you describe the current situation with S2X and Bitcoin cash? Also yes changing the protocol wasn't an opt in feature. Making bitcoin a banker coin with 30 dollar fees and likely hundred dollar fees by the time LN comes out doesn't make it optional.

MPmaster
MPmaster

It cracks me up to see people post "the lightning network will fix it!".
You might have missed the part where lightning network has been "almost ready!" for years.
You might have also not actually read into the details of it at all. Cause if you did you'd realize it makes 0 sense economically, recreates banks 2.0, and gets rid of any real meaning to decentralization.
And if you really did any research, you'd realize bigger blocks are, and always were the primary scaling solution.

farquit
farquit

So keep your segwit coins, I’ll keep my satoshi coins in the form of Bitcoin Cash.

w8t4u
w8t4u

BITCOIN CASH + LN OPT IN. ONCHAIN SCALING AND SECOND LAYER SCALING. Holy fuck I can see why core faggots can get angry sometimes.

SniperGod
SniperGod

congestion will cease to exist
So will decentralization. I would might as well use a bank.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I don’t care if it’s opt in or not.

Let’s see what the FEE’S will be like outside of the LN.

TechHater
TechHater

Very low. Congestion will be gone on the blockchain, since everyone will be using LN because it's instant, private, and supports hundreds of thousands of transactions per second.

Yes, it is still optional. High fees doesn't make it not optional. You get to choose whether you use SegWit or not. That's optional you mong.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

So will decentralization
Anyone can run a Lightning node.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

On bch? Fractions of a penny. You can choose to use LN or not if it suits you. That's what opt in is are you completely fucked?

w8t4u
w8t4u

Ok. You say Core fees will be low. Cash says its fees are low.

Now we have a competition.

Let’s see who wins.

FastChef
FastChef

Let’s see what the miners decide about cash LN.

I’m certain they won’t adopt before Corecucks do.

We may have another fork if the miners don’t want it.

whereismyname
whereismyname

you can still use btc as a cash system you just have to pay a hundred dollar fees. See it's optional!
I'm out everyone in this threads a fucking mongoloid

MPmaster
MPmaster

I hope you realize how retarded some cashfags are now.

I mean, BTC is already winning. Even if somehow Bcash usurped it, all that effort would have been better put into making an altcoin without all the shitty parts of BTC.

TreeEater
TreeEater

Apparently you don't know what optional means. Something being inconvenient or expensive doesn't mean it's not optional.

RumChicken
RumChicken

why do core supporters always act like babies? >WAH SOMEBODY SAID THIS GUY IS BAD, I DONT TRUST HIM
(no actual reason)
WAH I CAN'T LIKE SOMETHING THAT SOMEBODY I DONT LIKE LIKES, WHO CARES ABOUT THE SPECIFICS
I'M RIGHT, EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I'M WRONG IN TERMS OF HOW I'M RIGHT
NO I CAN'T ARTICULATE MY POSITION, I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE JARGON I'M USING
AD HOMINEM
RED HERRING
STRAW MAN
OUTRIGHT FABRICATIONS ABOUT REAL HUMANS AND HISTORICAL EVENTS
I NEED YOU TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT "PROTOCOL" "UPDATE" OR "NEW" MEAN

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I’m not sure what the problem is.

We have two competing cores with different views on how to solve the same problem.

All you have to do is wait and see which is superior.

It’s not really complicated.

farquit
farquit

So what is your point. We know that there will be a monopoly on nodes. Where there are fees, there are banks.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

While you are blubbering this stuff I'm currently preparing my raspberry pi to be a lightning network node on the bitcoin main net. Words are indeed cheap. :)

Illusionz
Illusionz

As long as Lightning is actually coming to Bcash, but you're the first I've heard about that. Do you have a citation for that somewhere because it sounds like horseshit. And if Bcash isn't going to support LN, then it's going to get blown the fuck out. If only because LN supports private transactions. And atomic swapping, so you don't have to give your money to some Jew on an exchange.

massdebater
massdebater

We know that there will be a monopoly on nodes.
What the hell are you talking about? Run your own node.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I can predict the future
corecuck

SniperWish
SniperWish

done without a hard fork
You fucking arrogant prick. The "bitcoin cash" fork happened BECAUSE OF SEGWIT/LIGHTNING.

What is this fucking tyranny??? YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WHY OTHER PEOPLE DO THINGS.

WE FORKED OFF BECAUSE OF SEGWIT, NOT BLOCK SIZES.

SEGWIT broke consensus. IF there was consensus, there wouldn't have been a fork!!!! YOU DONT GET ANY MORAL HIGH GROUND.

It takes 2 to tango. Both sides of a fork "forked". You can pretend like everybody supported segwit all you want. Reality still exists. The people that "forked off" to avoid segwit exist, no matter how hard you pretend otherwise.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

So you don't have a citation for it then? I guess you were just talking out of your ass.

viagrandad
viagrandad

You forked into a scamcoin. Also, it's going to get its shit pushed in by Lightning and its atomic swaps.

takes2long
takes2long

They never heard of natural selection.

They’re braindead.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Yeah, Bcash is getting a Darwin Award.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

And segwit broke the consensus.

And I bet 5 fucking ETH that YOU can't tell if code is bad by running OR looking at it. You just repeat what other people say.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Segregated witness just means: No more signatures directly on block. You cant fully validate signatures in retrospect with segwit.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

nice argument but I have an ad hominem right here so nope

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

You can't steal coins in a SegWit network unless you're doing a 51% attack. At that point you can just fork it and call it a day anyway. That video was just filled with Bcash meme shit.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

It's a fucking illusion dude. There was a SOFTWARE fork. In this context a "hard" fork is when the blockchain branches into two seperate branches. "hard" meaning HARDWARE. The blockchain functions as a hardware layer (your propaganda phrase from the other thread is a twisting of this fact). The nodes/wallets/etc function as a software layer.

Hardware fork vs Software fork
Not "subtle" fork vs "drastic" fork

Segwit was the drastic change, that they propagandized as a "soft" (software) fork. People who know the jargon always knew this. Normalfags like you assume it means "gentle"
Bitcoin cash was a minor change to the functioning of the hardware layer, a "hard"(hardware) fork. But it was nothing special. It was always planned. Only people that wanted to use full blocks to push segwit adoption opposed raising the block size LIMIT.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

This guy isn't a dev. God you probably think Ver is a dev too.

Supergrass
Supergrass

You are fucking retarded. A soft fork is backward compatible. A hard fork is not.

Spamalot
Spamalot

It's irreversible. Once coins get sent over segwit (by opt-in SOFTWARE), the HARDWARE layer can never remove segwit protocol without those coins being completely insecure, forever.

Rushing an irreversible protocol change to an open source project . . . is so fucking retarded the only reasons to support it are either completely foolish or malicious in nature.

the hardware fork was necessary IN CASE something goes wrong. It was also necessary because the people that railroaded the software fork BROKE THE RULES.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Segwit is the scamcoin, plebian. If you were at all qualified to discuss this it would be obvious.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

the HARDWARE layer
The "hard" in "hard fork" does not stand for hardware. Please stop making a fool out of yourself.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

well, at least you agree that you're losing, and have only a pipe dream in the sky to cling to

oh and whats that? It's not unique? Bitcoin Cash can have it too? So bitcoin cash has 1000x cheaper fees now, and they won't ever really go up?

versus core that has cripplingly high fees already, and it's only hope will arrive to its closest competitor at about the same time?

I've given up on getting you to comprehend the true technical, philosophical and political elements at play, maybe when your wallet starts feeling the blow you'll wisen up.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

sorry i was talking to the other guy through your post.

WebTool
WebTool

apparently you don't know what functional means. Or what bitcoin is even supposed to be. Have you ever read a single word of ANY whitepaper? Not that you'd understand them anyway . . .

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Diamond
UnitedBitcoin
BitcoinX
Super Bitcoin
Bitcoin XT
Bitcoin Classic
Bitcoin Unlimited
Bitcoin ABC

And now...

Bitcoin Segwit2x

More free money! What's next?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Now that would be a twist.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Bitcoin Ultra Instinct.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Beautiful.

The weak die and the strong survive.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

It's literally the same faggot all thread, all day, probably every day. I wish I could gloat about the bag's he's gonna be holding but I don't think he's even in for very much. Definitely a nobody parroting what he thinks makes him look good/savvy/whatevercuckscareabout.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Bitcoin God comes first. Google it.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

The problem is they’re more sinister and want to justify and normalize the thought that your coins can be taken from you by force.

They’re authoritarian thugs,

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Can someone explain how Segwit was railroaded through? I thought Segwit had something like 90% adoption before the change was committed?

Illusionz
Illusionz

only with other software. The changes that are written to the hardware (blockchain) are not.

As soon as a single block is mined with a segwit transaction, it's a fucking hard fork. Even worse, its a hard fork that cannot be UNDONE.

A true hardware fork can be rolled back at any time. Block size could be made smaller again and there would be no problems.

YOU GOT DUPED into supporting a political takeover complete with a fucking backdoor, and those of us with the intellectual capacity to realize this will NEVER support it.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

bitcoingod.org/

RavySnake
RavySnake

WHAT ABOUT BITCOIN PLUS?

WebTool
WebTool

Goons. Little Deluded Dupes. Following the pied piper.

on NODES. Compare the cost and difficulty of running a node to the cost and difficulty of a mining operation. 85% of miners opposed, because they had a real stake in things. 90% of new bitcoin individuals joined since core took over the publicly percieved "lead", so everybody downloaded their software. What is more comforting to a noob, downloading bitcoin-qt from github and compiling it, or downloading "Bitcoin Core.exe" from Blockstream(r)?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Well the other acceptable definition is "contentious" and you can't have contention without lack of consensus. None of us fork supporters WANTED TO FORK. Guess what happens when SOME users insist on runing software that creates blocks that SOME miners refuse to mine? A FUCKING FORK.

You got taken by a fucking word game.

iluvmen
iluvmen

But downloading bitcoin from bitcoin.org or from the official bitcoin repository on github gives you bitcoin core. Even if 85% of miners opposed, what percentage of those were Jihan and co. trying to protect the Antbleed vulnerability? On top of that, miners are ultimately the servants of the userbase and nodes, because the nodes broadcast what fee people are willing to pay for what transaction to be mined at what difficulty, and the miners accept the task of doing that. The fact that bitcoin has remained more profitable to mine despite multiple short periods when bcash was more profitable attests to the dominance of the bitcoin (core) protocol.

download bitcoin core.exe from blockstream
Nobody does that; I don't think that even exists. Most people don't even have bitcoin-qt wallets.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Holy shit cash holders are so defensive it's like trying to talk to armadillos.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Ver men need to be exterminated.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

shitcoins beating corecucks
satoshi protocol beating segwit cucks

Maybe it’s the corecuck devs?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

miners must accept the fee set by nodes

Have you looked st the mempool?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

There is no fucking point

to get the coins people have to move their btc off coinbase right

hahaha good luck with everything that this entails

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

LN literally created by woman

LMAO

JunkTop
JunkTop

Jaap Terlouw

literally who?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

big fan of internet
like building things
cofounder lighting
San Francisco
Brooklyn

Is LN going to be as big a meme as she is?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAKE IT STAHPP!!!!!!1

BTC IS KILL, XMR KING

Snarelure
Snarelure

So if I convert everything to BTC on the 27th, I'll have a same amount of B2X in the 28th?
Is it more free money?

DeathDog
DeathDog

Is it tme to invest in BTC while its low?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Look at the chart. Head and shoulders pattern is already forming. There's going being small pump (right shoulder) before it starts crashing down.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I still dont understand how they can give out statoshis bitcoin. someone explain to me im a brainlet.