Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Betrayal Edition
Who does your character suspect of being poised to turn on him? The beautiful girl that was too interested in him? The "reformed" monster NPC? The priest who gave him his quest?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12823658
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73938/rhusae
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/inflict-pain/
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/pain-strike/
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/debilitating-pain/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What class would be Sima Yi? What about Cao Cao?

2nd for raping Lucius' imouto
that's a nice gap OP

My warlord is fairly sure that the party's spherecaster is out to kill him, and so is he towards her.
Heck, I almost killed her via means of letting the boss monk get to her, but the party convinced a friendly spellcaster to resurrect her as we retreated.

Real life or fictional depictions?

Real life, Sima Yi is a high INT expert/warrior multiclass. Cao Cao is the same, except less INT and more CHA.

Are we talking actual Sima Yi and Cao Cao or fictional Sima Yi and Cao Cao?

Former would probably be 7-10 levels in aristocrat +/- some expert levels

Latter would be 5-6 aristocrat levels with Sima Yi having 3-4 sorcerer levels and Cao Cao having a few bard levels and cavalier levels.

What kind of Overlewd party do you want to see?

strawpoll.me/12823658

user, do you want a Nodachi that is anywhere from Medium to Gargantuan reamed up your ass?

>Not trusting the monster NPC

But user, they only have your best interest at heart. Look at this one, he's protecting his wounded human friend, who was brutally stabbed by some unknown third party.

*hides in the floorboards*

Yes

Whoever recommends he get on the boat.

>different image filename than
Hmmmmm

Filename scrambler dumb-dumb

>filename scrambler
>on a file that you have saved to your computer
hmmmm

>captcha
Into the thrash it goes.

4chanx has a 'randomly select filename from the past year' function m8, do you seriously not know this?

>I want to spam the polls with my shitty meme apps

And that's why your images just got nuked?

I deleted them because they're basically off topic.

I want to woo Lucius's imouto, take her on a nice dinner date, buy her some flowers, take her back to my place and lock her in the monster breeding dungeon.

>Kenna's author is going to delete her
S-stop ;_;
First you nuke Salacia and now you're deleting Kenna, good girls don't deserve this.

Good girls don't deserve a happy ending.

This is kind of off topic, but someone in this thread mentioned a HP - D&D fanfiction, and it got me thinking
Why DIDN'T someone just shoot Voldemort? Does he even have an answer for a well-aimed bullet to the brain?

Guns don't exist in the HPverse.

Literally because Wizzards believe themselves above anything a muggle makes.

But she's so cute ;-;

If he deletes it I'll probably do my next app using her picture desu
I haven't done a melee fighter in too long and it'd probably be a good chance.

Why have we never talked about this image?

nothing to talk about

Oh hey, it's Ultiduo. That's fucking rad.

Shilling for Spooky's game
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73938/rhusae

She's corruption bait, or if not, she's going to be at odds with the party 100%

>make a ruse game
>literally call it Ruse
Everytime!

I really wouldn't be surprised if HP wizards had a 'bulletproof force armor that doesn't work against magic' spell.

Like, after muggles invented the firearm you'd think that would be NUMBER ONE PRIORITY on the list of new spells to invent.

tfw one of the best HP fanfics you've read inverted the trope and had voldemort pull out a surprise gun against harry in the final battle

There is literally nothing wrong with corruption bait
Hell her color scheme even works to set her up with Lucius

. They keep one guy on at the Ministry to study muggle junk, but for the most part, they stopped caring about non-wizarding development some centuries back.

Funny when you think about how blithely the Ministry treats their relationship with Her Majesty's government.

>She's corruption bait,
Is that so bad though?

Don't you want to play a kind and pure girl that's lured to the dark side by edgy cock, and endless gnoll /u/.

To go from kind heart to cruel and wicked, to be egged on to further acts of degeneracy by your comrades in arms, who then take turns cementing your broken, corrupted status by running a train on you all night long.

>voldemort pull out a surprise gun against harry in the final battle
This barely makes sense, Voldy is autistic as shit about being a pureblood. If anything you'd expect Lucius to do it, since Lucius, while a cunt, seems to be basically non-retarded.

I mean seriously though
HPverse has two really stupid strong spells (Ranged touch instant death attack with no save and at-will permanent domination with a ludicrous DC) but beyond that they're really nothing special.

Voldemort in that story was scary smart, author reinterpreted his whole personality to make him one of the most cunning and competent villains possible

Harry only defeated him by pulling out advanced knowledge of molecular science

it's nothing too personal

i usually go through ~ 3 written up apps until i settle on my final one

its just that i realize the problem with ken and i dont really wanna fix 'em

also i'm sorta tired of playing girls

Yeah but someone from D&D would just scry and PWK.

>also i'm sorta tired of playing
Fix'd that for you. Welcome to the No Games Club.

i dont really think that applies to me a whole lot because i'm in like three games

I wasn't having the D&D vs HP discussion user I'm a bystander

Though, HP does have the advantage that it seems /all/ their spells are 'Ranged Touch Attack, Save:None'

>tfw she lures the gnolls to the light side instead

>the cocks now have to be TWICE as dark and edgy
Why you do this user?

I mean
The Cruciatus Curse can simply be ignored by D&D people because Pain is not a status effect unlike Dead or Dominated, and somehow I doubt HP Wizards get a save against something like Color Spray or Cloudkill since they seem to be as durable as your average Commoner.

Being a successful bad guy means never underestimating the power of LG, NG, and CG, user.

>use Shatter on wand
>proceed to physically punch HP wizards to death because you have BAB and they do not

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/inflict-pain/
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/pain-strike/

I beg to differ.

>Pain is not a status effect
D&D has spells like Symbol of Pain, they just work by inflicting penalties on a per-spell basis rather than status effect.

> telepathically wrack the target’s mind and body with agonizing pain that imposes a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks
I don't see a link to "Striken with Pain" as an effect like Blinded or Dazzled. Something like Spontaneous Immolation definitely hurts like shit but it doesn't debuff you, ergo "pain" is more like a side effect of whatever Pain spells actually do.

>I don't see a link to "Striken with Pain" as an effect like Blinded or Dazzled.
It isn't, but seeing as there are spells that cause debuffs through pain, it's still a silly argument for being able to ingore non-D&D pain inflicting spells.

I really don't think so. Thing is, every other method of causing pain...doesn't inflict debuffs. You could Death Clutch someone and rip his fucking heart out, smack him in the face with a exploding Meteor Swarm, or use Acid fog to melt someone into a paste and there are no debuffs for being in pain.
In other words, unless there's a specific "it actually sickens / staggers / penalizes" you beyond just putting you in pain, there's no reason to believe pain actually matters.

While this is not wholly related, can I simply take a moment to be completely baffled at the fact that the Sickened condition can affect absolutely everything, including Oozes and Constructs? How does that even work? I'm not going to complain that it /does/ work because I play an Investigator, and Sickening Offensive is GOAT, but HOW?

"Magic"
I mean, mid level Wizards can actually jump out of their Wizard Towers WITHOUT a Feather Fall active and get the equivalent of a sprained ankle, just don't think too hard about it.

>Constructs: You hit their sensors and disorient their programming or something
>Ooozes: I dunno you hit their harmonic frequency and they wobble so much it interferes with their actions or something

What would sicken Succubed?

Except these spells all literally and unambiguously state that the debuffs they cause are due to pain. Yes, you can make a good argument that something like acid fog or any number of other spells should cause similar debuffs. No, they don't do that. No, that doesn't mean that pain spells cause debuffs through some other mechanic, because they explicitly state that the debuffs are because of the pain.

So what does the Cruciatus Curse cause, because the spell description seems to be "causes pain"...and nothing else.

The type of faggot who lies in bed but doesn't go to sleep or chat but plays games on his phone.

I don't see why you guys are even bothering to discuss what might possibly be one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>implying she wouldn't just rape him until he orgasms into unconsciousness

Stop copying Veeky Forums pasta

Reposting cuz I'm a dumb:
Woah, Jaune is getting criticism. Tell me more Anons, what can I do better?

With absolutely zero knowledge of how Harry Potter works or how severe that spell is even supposed to be, a spell that causes agonizing, constant pain sounds like it could potentially cause: Sickening, Stagger, Fatigue, and Shaken. Possibly all at once, or at least multiples.

Gatsby is overrated, high tier
Charlotte's Web isn't better than A Hundred Years of Solitude
1984 and Catch-22 is Shit Tier
Huck Finn and Alice can move to Low Tier
Dorian Grey should move to God Tier

This is the key point though
In D&D not all forms of agonizing pain actually cause debuffs. Only when they come from certain sources do they cause debuffs. In other words, a spell that causes incredible pain, unless it also says "debuff you", can be assumed to not actually debuff you.

Is... Is that Marcille?

Think it's 2B, Potter, and Breasts of the Wild Link.

It hasn't been statted for D&D to my knowledge, so the only correct answer is "whatever the GM says it does".

It's a pretty big deal in HP-verse, but there don't seem to be a lot of high-level spells with pain descriptor. I'd probably use d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/debilitating-pain/ as a baseline, with duration changed to concentration, and possibly some milder after effect once the concentration stops. Mind you, it's been a long time since I last read the books.

I mean besides actually finishing it? It's too generically edgy and the backstory that the DM mentions nothing about pogroms on old nobility, which realistically wouldn't happen unless the Emperor wanted to get rid of them, and he wouldn't unless they were being unruly.

POTTER! What do you get when you mix infusion of tiefling with green slime from a gelatinous cube and force a woman with 7 Charisma to stir it three times counterclockwise against her will!?

>Les Mis in God Tier
>Huxley in Low
>Tolkien, Twain, and Mockingbird in Shit Tier
Huh, is this what feeling triggered is like?

All spells in D&D have some concrete, mechanical effects. Therefore, if all a spell does is "cause pain", it should be assumed that the said pain causes some mechanical effect like debuff, especially if the spell doesn't actually have a mechanical description because it wasn't written for fucking D&D.

Its not Potter, its the MC from Persona 5

It's an oversight, just like granting fast healing to undead gets around the positive energy thing.

>it should be assumed
I mean you would also assume that nobody would give an at-will permanent domination spell and an at-will no saving throw ranged touch attack that's unblockable to boot. It's possible to just have a flavor spell.

I thought Fast Healing on Undead was on purpose.

>What do you get when you mix infusion of tiefling with green slime from a gelatinous cube and force a woman with 7 Charisma to stir it three times counterclockwise against her will!?
A pregnant succube.

>POTTER! What do you get when you mix infusion of tiefling with green slime from a gelatinous cube and force a woman with 7 Charisma to stir it three times counterclockwise against her will!?
James Jacobs's Monday morning cocktail?

How exactly would the Mummification discovery for Alchemist affect their physical appearance?

I'm trying to get some art done that a friend asked for but I don't know how that works. Does their skin just become more mummy-like or something, or just cold to the touch?

Correct! Ten points to Hufflepuff.

Thirty points from Gryffindor for being wrong and a hundred points from Gryffindor for being lewd.

That just reinforces how powerful the unforgivable curses are, in-universe.

As it turns out though, all three have no power over a level 1 Skeleton.

>Correct! Ten points to Hufflepu
But sir, I'm from Ravenclaw, and that user is from Hufflepuff.

A trillion points from Gryffindor.

Cool cool. Thanks.

I think Prof. Snape has been drinking again guys. Just before class I saw him crying while fapping to a picture of Harry's mum

Snape was unironically robbed
I don't kow if Rowling did it on purpose but Snape suddenly became the most noble character full stop and James went from cool but kind of an ass to being a huge fucking cunt

You're telling me. This isn't even Potions class.

How do professors even dock points from the house
Is there a contingency spell that professors trigger as soon as they talk or something?

Voice-recognizing enchantment over the entire school grounds, likely.

Hi snape

James was a flawed person like anyone else, and if one mistake was all it took for Snape to fall out of Lilly's favor forever, then the two of them were never as close as Snape may have convinced himself to believe

Rowling is just a shit writer.
She tried too hard to redeem Snape in the last two books if it wasn't planned out from the start, she managed to make Snape a literal fucking hero and made both Lily and James look kind of petty and pathetic. I mean seriously, 'mudblood' is construed as some sort of dire insult but it honestly feels like it's barely 'slut' or 'bitch' class. If she just let Snape be not-a-hero nobody would even be having this discussion.
Also what even happened to Cho?

There's way too many Permanency'd spells in HP

Well, considering that James later dedicated his life to fighting Voldemort and being a member of the Order, I feel like he eventually turned his life around at some point and ,thanks to Harry's mom finally learned to care and dedicate himself to something greater.

Meanwhile Snape, after all the shit he went through and having to convince other people that he was an evil pawn of Voldemort, still fought the good fight as Dumbledore's confidant and kept things going, even sacrificing his own future and happiness to do so, even when he had every reason to give up and become a villain.

I think by the end, they had both become good and noble people in their own right, and did everything they could for the best to protect both the magical world and Harry. Plus that's also probably why Harry gave his own son the middle name of Severus to honor possible the most selfless and noble man he knew bt sadly never had the time to get to know better.

Actually, come to think of it, ever noticed how everyone one of Harry's father figures keeps dying like this? First his Dad, then Albus, then Snape. The only ones still alive now are Haggrid and Mr. Weasley

The point was to show Harry's dad and his friends weren't the flawless heroes he believed them to be.

Lupin was a meek, submissive yes man, Sirius was a man-child who refused to grow up, and James... Well, James only mellowed out after he got literally everything he could want out of life.

Meanwhile Snape was the weirdo who had love but lacked passion, and just when Lily was getting sweet with James (something he despised but never acted on, couldn't even be assed to court his childhood friend) he went and joined the Nazis.

It's still kind of hilarious when you consider any mid-level Cleric could make Voldemort's quest for immortality look like a joke. I mean, he's really just an extremely shitty knock-off lich with a bunch of redundant phylacteries.
Also Snape was never Harry's father figure, Sirius was the only other guy who came close.

Conveniently overlooks the fact that Snape was the worst possible person to hire as a head of house, as even if his allegiances were ultimately good, he was bitter and only encouraged and fostered Slytherin's prejudice and cliqueism in the new generation of wizards, enforcing exactly the sort of behavior and mindset that led the Death Eaters to form in the first place.

You do realise what you're saying is as stupid as 'lol if only Gatsby hired a 6th level D&D sorcerer as his bodyguard, then he would have survived being shot' or 'lol Hamlet should have just had a wizard cast divination'

There's never any point comparing powerlevels across canons.