/swg/ Breaking New Ground Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

When are Disney actually going to give us a good Star Wars movie?

Probably never. RO and TFA showed us they're more than willing to go the Marvel route and keep cranking out film after film with just the bare minimum amount of effort put into them relying on brand recognition and exploiting this recognition in order to get their money.

I've been told that Star Wars D20 makes a pretty good generic sci-fi system. Could I use it to run a sword and planet game or is the force to integral to the system?
Would it be better to use the FFG games?

How can I make a bounty hunter nemesis memorable?

I'm going to be buying a small/medium sized fleet for x wing with the intention of tournament play. I've played once, years ago, but for excited about it when I saw the black sun viper was a model.

Can any one recommend me a good black sun fleet to put together? I hear viper are very expensive points wise but I'm determined to at least have one or two

If you are dead set on running a Viper there used to be a competitive build using Guru, Palob and Manaroo. Don't know how it is since the Manaroo need tho.

I thought that TFA was okayish. I just kind of wish they did their own thing instead of try to reshoot ANH to appease the "Prequels ruined my childhood" crowd. The shot of the castle with all the aliens felt like a desperate attempt, though I mean I kinda like that they went the practical route.

My biggest concern was like, it seemed they had thrown all the OT and prequel aliens out the window, and my biggest fear is we will never see a zabrak or twi'lek (in live action) again.

There WAS a twi'lek hologram in RO but that seemed to be it.

My only issue with RO was the fact that it seemed to be at 6 places at once at the start and was jumping all over the place

Jeddha city was cool though

Shamelessly rip off Hideo Kojima.

Another bait image, grow up OP
TLJ
Fuck off punk

>tfw still no movie from the imperial side
>tfw the last game to let you play a campaign as an imperial was nearly 11 years ago

Make him do impresive shit. Make him treating and dangerous. He knows shit. And more important he knows how yo blow shit up

>tfw I am an emo scum edgelord

EAfront 2 is coming Hux, clam down.

Make him a memorable species like a squib

EAfront 2 looks like it's going to be an Imp campaign. Shame that it's about some secret squirrel Wraith Squadron imitator commando team, though. I would have liked a story about regular grunts doing regular grunt things.

I like how RLM built their brand on Star Wars but now shit on it constantly.

>half the fanbase is emo scum edgelords or huxes

Just a bit of banter, cool yer jets and your genocide laser.

There are no brakes on the genocide laser, user. Just when you think it's time to take a break, new baby wookies appear out of nowhere.

What's your favorite kind of trooper, anons?

I'm not a marine, but this is exactly how my last leave went, with my girlfriend's family.
It's reassuring how grunts are the same no matter which country they belong to.

X-wing vs. TIE-fighter sequel never.
Fuck this gay world.

Did anyone else watch the BF2 panel at Celebration? I really dun like the host whoever he was lol.

"So what you're saying is for the FIRST TIME EVER we get to play as the Empire?"

Wew lad

>wanting to play as the Nazis

Damn, a new XwvTf game with current-gen graphics would be hella.

Literally nothing wrong with wanting to play as a fictional bad guys.

To be fair, the gorillion different trooper flavors look cool as fuck and the Empire has excellent taste in firearms. Sterlings and MG34s are sexy, sexy machines.

I will be running an EOTE session for my wife and another couple, this weekend. Husband of the couple has played D&D a few times many years ago , but that is it. My wife and his wife have never played a TTRPG. What adventure should I run for them? I don't want to do beginner box, as the adventure is kind of boring. Any downloadable modules or modules to purchase that you would recommend?

Thanks /b/

Dark Troopers Phase 0,2, and 3, Death Troopers and the unique-helmet Storm Commandos are all good, as are Space Troopers and certain kinds of rebel troopers (The Scarif 'Namtroopers and the Rebel Strike white-armored teal flightsuits come to mind.)

Let's post weapons what wouldn't look out of place in SW.
Scopes are mandatory.

>wanting to play as the terrorists.

Only the CIS is pure of heart in this galaxy.

>muh six billion alderanians

Honestly, now that starfinder is out, you may as well go with that instead of doing all the nasty conversions from SWD20.

please respond

Oh, thanks.

>people still think TFA was trash because of lucasfilm and not because bob iger needed his cake NOW DAMNIT NOW and it was churned out as fast as humanly possible

So if you pick up Mist Hunter and Most Wanted, you could do something like this:

Guri (37 points)
Lone Wolf, Virago , Autothrusters, Cloaking device.

Guri can be run like this as your flanker, with a base 5 evade dice and autothrusters and a lone wolf reroll, if something manages to shoot at you, you should be fine. The main point of Guri in this list is to bait your opponent into ignoring the scout though so watch out for trip defenders or double-tap defenders, which can strip tokens and have a better dial.

Zuckuss (33 points)
Outmaneuver, 4-Lom,Mist Hunter, Tractor Beam

If you find that your opponent focus fires on one of your ships you can use Zuck to peel them off.

If your opponent has low agility ships, you can let them pretend the extra evade dice that they roll matters.

If you find that you like having the cloaking device card at all, you might want this ship.

Contracted Scout (30 points)
Predator, Greedo, Overclocked R4

Contracted scout exists solely for the purpose of sweeping up after the other two but with Greedo, you can really lay into high hull ships.

Russian experimental weapons are a massive blaster fetish fuel.

No scope, but the Madsen LAR would look sexy as fuck if it got blasterized.

Yeah, I didn't mean to take a shit on your hopes there bud but SWd20 is a rough system, even moreso than SAGA.

Reminder that lot of people that made up the leadership of the Empire were actually from the Republic. Quite a lot of military officers stuck around, very few defected. Likewise with even Senators.

TFA's desperation to be The New New Hope killed me in the theater. Being "creative" by giving the OT a bland modern blockbuster overhaul, plot and all, soured the whole movie with a taste of cynicism.

R1's editing was clearly responsible for killing the pacing, particularly during the first half, but I could honestly sit down and enjoy it for what it was. It built sideways onto the mundane side of the OT setting instead of copypasting it, and managed to add some cool background material in the process and a glorious fucking space battle, after years of JJ-style resolution of naval combat through fistfights and namecalling.

I'm just afraid we've set a precedent for honest original content being sidelined in place of a decade of OT wanking.

Video games didn't exist before DICE, silly user.

I really love how people think that changing government means totally replacing everything it comes with.

I like R1 and TFA despite their flaws.

I just like Star Wars and I don't care if they make a million movies, Marvel-style.

I disagree, but it is good that you can still enjoy such things instead of becoming bitter and twisted like me.

They built their brand with explaining why the prequels were badly made.

They call out pandering.

The Starviper is a notoriously bad ship, but Guri is a pretty good pilot.

In addittion, Mindlink is an EPT that isknown for making any garbage flyable.

Besides the Starviper, are there any ships that interest you?

Pretty much same here.
I havent really re-watched TFA much, i liked it but didnt love it.
But Rogue One got me good.

Im actually kinda happy for them to do a Marvel style Star Wars bonanza.
Maybe we'll get some fucking live action TV shows about X-Wing pilots or Resistance agents or something.
I can hope

>What is the original battlefront 2

Color me surprised that the hype machine doesn't do its research before interviews, cautiously optimistic for the game though

explaining *opinions they had on the prequels that made them believe they were shit that ruined star wars 5ever contradicted by conversations i've had with literal children

Honestly don't know the ships for that faction well. I'm looking through the catalogue now for something that would aesthetically fit with the black sun look.

...Are you retarded? They built their brand on shitting on the prequels for being bad, and now shit on the sequels for being bad. If this is at all a confusing transition, you might be the ideal Disney fanboy.

That sounds pretty interesting! I like the idea of a smaller "elite" fleet as well

>defending the prequels shittiness
Just because Disney managed to show us a whole new world of garbage doesn't make Attack of the Clones not-shit.

>All the OP images are bait now

Is this how /pfg/ happened?

>big meanie bait
>not an accurate meme
kys

This is in fact exactly what happened to pathfinder general, there was a constant discussion about something cancerous and then a very dedicated man began ensuring every OP image played into that topic.

Scum is a bit of an oddity of a faction. They have both the best and the worst ships.

Honestly though, guri is likely going to cost ~37-45 points, and you get 100 to workwith.

Just start listing shit that you think is cool, and I can help you make a list with it.

We know that a Starviper-buffing-pack is coming out soon though.

Just because you agree with someone doesn't mean it's not bait. This is clearly a concerted effort by one user to permanently fuck /swg/ like is describing. We are doomed

>implying a general will be permanently fucked because of a meme
>implying no one agrees with the meme here
>implying
>>>>

Ignore, report, and post about other shit.
Fuck off back to /tv/ or /co/ or whatever other shithole board you came from. RLMfags and the other side of the argument are both fucking cancer.

What are some interesting ideas for anti-Empire extremists/extremist groups like the Partisans?

It's less that I fear for the soul of /swg/ and more that I find it obnoxious as shit.

I'm sorry you have shit taste, kiddo, but you're talking to multiple people.

Leftovers from the CIS could be interesting, since they are probably less high-minded then your typical bleeding heart Chandrillan. Otherwise a breakaway governor in some far-off region could make for an interesting imperial antagonist

>I come to Veeky Forums to talk about movies
>you're the ones with shit taste!

K

I had an idea that I never got to implement of a force tradition who's power of note was long range communication, almost obsolete in the Star Wars universe except for the fact it's all but untraceable. So the idea was for this sect or someone copying there notes, the idea was never fully developed to be retaliating against the Empire by reaching out to the void, finding young force-sensitves and convincing them that blowing themselves up on public transport was a good idea.

It was going to be a case in an ISB campaign I was planning.

>Blowing up force sensitives

I get the "rationale" behind suicide bombers but when are already rare as fuck this sounds like a bad strategy

The Alliance to Restore the Republic.

This, I've always loved toying with random pockets of CIS hold-outs, similiar to the Japanese hold-outs in the Pacific. Just entire battalions of droids whose Munificent went down onto some uncharted moon and who have either been corroding and deteriorating as the years pass or who are freshly awoken by the party or some conflict that comes with them, still believing themselves to be in the midst of the Clone Wars who see stormtroopers as their programmed foe.

Sounds the dude's idea was to make them more of an apocalyptic doomsday cult than any sort of sensible rebellion. A couple of sages on some isolated moon, reaching out and propelling innocents into getting revenge for what happened in the purges.

>expects a Star Wars thread to never discuss the moives
lel

Like I said I never developed the idea, I guess you could have them forming cells and building remote devices. Having them do remotes would also be better narrativity because you then have the section where you hunt down the bombers.

>expects a Star Wars thread to never discuss the movies

I just don't trust, with experience, that it won't devolve to solely "discussing" (aka shouting about this or that youtuber) about the movies. It's the same shouting match a thousand times

Don't introduce him as an enemy, at first. Instead, have his introduction be more meaningful.

The next time your characters are in a cantina, have them bump into a big, tough customer sort of guy. He snarls at them, and it's clear that they don't want to fight - this guy is dangerous.

A few minutes later, the bounty hunter in question walks in, calls his name out, and faces him down. Before the target can pull out his own blaster, the bounty hunter brutally kills him.

Now your characters have seen him in action, seen that he's dangerous, and are glad that they're not facing him... until the next time they see him, and he says their names.

That sounds like a (You) problem, because if it's Star Wars related feel free as fuck to discuss it here. Quit bitching when the topic isn't one you want, or at least make posts and get your topic in rather than just BAWWWing about how those pesky /tv/ /co/ conspiring crossposting bogeymen are killing the general.

Then I have to ask if you are retarded. RLM is nothing new to /swg/ and yet, surprise surprise, we're two Disney films in, and the threads are still going without being the... what, /tv/-colony you expect them to become?

Is there some reason RLM is coming up more lately? This is the second thread thumbnailed with them that I've seen in two days.

This I'd buy. Especially if it involved best terrorist

Yeah that's what it was. I'm hoping that they've learned their lesson and TLJ will be fantastic.

Just one OT or prequel alien besides fucking chewey even a god damn Dug or a gungan come on Disney.

Man I wish there was a gungan rebel in the Scarif surface fight. That'd be bombad

Same, desu. I just love Star Wars. Though I do see the flaws. But really, I can see the flaws easily in every single franchise that I love.

Doctor Who had its crappy writing, TFA had nostalgia stuffed into it in order to safely appease Plinkett and his hordes (I'm not even sure what he thought of it and I'm afraid to find out), 40k is well, it's 40k lol.

There's a flaw in everything and if you love something you should point out the flaws so that they can fix the shit lol. If that makes sense.

That said, anyone here ever play Star Wars Galaxies? I had heard Starsider was the major RP server. I was a bit of an annoying that guy at the time but damn, if I could play anything (in any SWRPG in general) I'd play a veteran clone.

I have always wanted to have a bunch of "Dooku was right" people appear in my game as obnoxious students or death squads or obnoxious students turned death squads.

>Doctor Who
We're in the same boat senpai, I just love Star Wars.

How do you like Bill? I think she's fun. New series is off to an okay start, excepting perhaps that last one it was a little self-congratulatory for my tastes.

For those who have made it all the way through the NJO, is it worth it?

I'm on the second book and liking it so far.

In particular, is pic related a good payoff?

The prequels were full of shit, but they are far from absolutely terrible movies.

Had the writing and directing been better (and handled by more than one fucking person), they'd have all been A+.

Man that alien looks awful, holy shit

With the changes to youtube ad revenue they'll probably end up in the bin soon enough

I guess if you can't get away from D20, its 'ok', its sort of a modified version of D20 modern in its base form and SAGA iteration of it was a little further refined.
Problem with D20 systems is they tend to be just too heavy a workload for GM'ing and PC's end up unkillable little bastards by about 8-9th level with feats and skills everywhere, so it become harder to challenge them over time. FFG isn't perfect, but its definitely a lot more street-level in the sense you can still actually threaten them with base gronk NPC's like Stormtroopers, bitey animals and other stuff all through their careers. Plus its really workload sharing in that you offset some of it onto PC's, they make decisions, interpret their dice and you basically rein them in if they get too silly.
Much faster to set up and now we're a few years into them, quite a lot of material out there now. Probably the best Force system out of all the games though imo.

>I like R1 and TFA despite their flaws.
They have flaws, but also a lot of good shit too for TT gamers.

Just going to dump some art from a guy who's got an interesting, unconventional take on Star Wars as well.

Is this the state of this general now?

NJO is a pretty horrible book.

If you think that alien doesnt look like shit, then you have eye problems. That's some seriously bad art.

"NJO" isn't one book though.

*series