/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Small Races Edition:

What small races have you played and how do you make them effective?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljrp?Meet-the-Iconics-Navasi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old Thread:

Posting again for advice

This recently happened to me in a campaign I'm in:
>finally got a meeting with the governor
>we've been trying to get an audience for two sessions now
>did some business for a local bureaucrat to get him to sponsor us for a meeting
>the meeting went well
>convinced him to lend us aid
>we were supposed to head out with a force to investigate weird shit in the hills
>weird shit mainly including random famers showing up with strange injuries and no memory
>as we were leaving we head into the market to get supplies
>GM tells me to stop for a moment
>tells me that some window, two birds, ivy, and a stoop form a perfect representation of the golden ratio
>at it center sits an old man
>tells me my character suddenly has a blinding headache and nausea as I look at him
>the old man stands up
>tells me everything has slowed down around me
>the old man walks over and whispers to me 'fear the fox in the hen house'
>suddenly everything starts moving again and the old man is gone

what should I do? what does it mean? who was the old man? who is the fox?

I can answer more questions if it'd help solve this.

Vult is a parody of a human being.

small races are dumb. Dwarves are kinda cool but still fucking dumb.

Ratfolk are great and pretty effective and I enjoy playing them

kobolds, ratfolk, dwarves are the best small races.

fuck goblins and halflings and gnomes

But user, dwarves are medium.

>What small races have you played and how do you make them effective?

I played a goblin before:
>get invited to play in a game
>level 5
>GM says he wants to have templates for players they replace levels
>have stuff like half-fiends and half-dragons in the party
>consider my options and ask the GM if I can have a negative template
>he agrees as long as my total templates are 0 or higher
>decide to be a Advanced Goblin Child
>child gives +4 dex, advanced gives +4 all, goblin gives +4 dex and have 40dex total when buffed
>other stats are all high
>most important part is I'm tiny and can use reduce person to go to diminutive
>spend feats on dampen presence
>play an alchemist and use negate aroma & invisibility to hide from sight/smell
>use the wondrous item slippers to fool tremor sense
>end up with a +72 to stealth

So this is how the game started. I realized none of the party could find me unless I wanted them to. So proceeded to never reveal myself to the party. I used vital strike and readied actions, would fire an arrow at the same time characters attacked so it would be hidden. I would steal my portion of the treasure from the party (not anything higher than my share).

The party grew increasingly enraged by my tiny goblin who followed around their edgy mary sue adventures.

This continued for six months and ended with Grublub the Goblin going far farther than I originally thought with his signature tag line "Grublub lub lub LUBs you".

Actually you are right. My mistake.

goblins are dumb.

Where is that kobold in space game? I have a feeling I was not accepted to overlewd so I'll just make a new application there

>fuck goblins and halflings and gnomes
Now this is an idea I can get behind. They're like, the tiny economy model and everything!

Overlewd apps are closed but you can still edit until Friday when he makes decisions I think

For a moment I thought his wings were doing jazz hands.

I see it

kobolds are best

Do vampires need more or less blood as they grow older?
Do mythic and normal vampires have different dietary requirements?

is becoming a vampire super broken?

They need hooch when they get older.

Depends on the needs of your setting.

Generally yes

depends on the type of vampire. Most vampires actually really suck. Only a few are worth anything, and by that time they are intelligent enough to get their food supply from whatever. vampire spawns however need a ton of blood and they need it from intelligent creatures or they die.

I've got a Halfling Maestro Sorcerer, and I once played a Gnome Spiritualist.

Getting any positive template is broken.

Dwarves are medium.

I want to become a nosferatu. With leadership I can feed off my minions and have them take care of the details of transporting my coffin around and getting me places during the day.

>you will never begin a goblin eugenics program in an attempt to direct the little bastards into something less inherently destructive and disgusting
>you will never perform a similar program in order to get Kobolds to overcome their crippling physical weaknesses

it's got some pretty severe drawbacks. Two rounds in sunlight and you're toast.

Now THAT is a quality vampire. Get your party members to be other undead too, like a pale stranger, a lich, and a death knight.

I basically did that in backstory.

Kobolds got less terrible due to living in proper society rather than holes in the ground.

>How do you make them effective?

Give them graphometers.

>Adventuring during day

Look at this bozo. Look at him and laugh

Why not? With their average lifespans any elf or longer lived race could make huge strides in such a think.

Is bestiary 6 out yet?

it's not just adventuring. You're practically helpless during the day.

What would you call a state ruled by military dictatorship in a fantasy setting? Junta doesn't sound particularly wow'ing.

Ye, it's even up if you know where to look

An Empire. Imperator is a term that can only be bestowed by soldiers on their commander.

my party members dont know about my past. I'm playing a necromancer wizard who was taught in the ways of the arcane by a nosferatu who passed through my town. My goal right now is just to find him again as he left and I had to find clues as to where he might have went. But yeah I'm not sure how my party is gonna react if and when I become one.

Just sleep in a coffin for a few hundred years until the sun has died.

>Most vampires actually really suck

You die tonight, Carlos

thats boring.

>>Not using high level wizardry to blot out the sun so you can do vampire things at all hours of the day

Tyranny.

>a few hundred
You're off by about seven orders of magnitude

Update on hell-crusade game, I'm working on lore now and waiting until after Friday to put up the roll20 page. Characters will be starting at level 1 but should progress to level 20 by the end of the campaign. I'm aiming for either Thursdays or Sundays for when I run.

is there a spell that just blots out the sun? I mean, you could go with wish, I guess. but also doing that would kind of make you the target for every high level paladin in the entire world.

>Get GM seat forced on me
>Never GMed before
>Campaign setting we make is meh
>No story or plot is coming to me
>Terrible at encounter design
>Called off a month because school
>Now going to just call off the whole thing
How can I feel less shit about this decision, /pfg/? No matter what, I'm still canceling my game. My heart isn't in the campaign at all, and I'm inexperienced as fuck.

Could I play with the 3.5 Knight class

Yeah here you go, guy.

>>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen

Kobolds are the best race. They combine the weak determined underdog aspect of halflings, with the initially evil outcast fish-out-of-waters trying to learn civilized ways and become heroes of orcs and other monster races.

There's two hooks in one: depending on the setting, the rules, and the tone, you could go to either direction or even both at the same time.

Drink.

It's what I do.

By realizing that most likely cutting it off short makes a better choice than a slow, grueling slog through the campaign until all players just disappear into the four winds to find their own fortune, at which point you must throw your pen back into the lake and be taken away to the island of Avallon.

Afraid not, but I am going for gestalt so you could always just play a paladin or cavalier paired with another class.

Seems a tad cliche but fuck it, atleast the party will know what kind of people they're getting when guys from an empire roll up. Would imperator be an appropriate title to all members of the ruling military council though if there is no singular unifying ruler?

Shame. I never actually had a lot of fun with gestalt. Maybe next time.

Obviously one of the townsfolk is to blame. A demon or something that preys on normal humans. the proverbial "Fox in the henhouse". The old man is probably a high level mage or some spooky ooky God.

Now this looks promising. I can't think of a single person who would NOT want to play a kobold in space.

Mmm, for a game I did something similar, where my Blue psion wanted to 'fix' the goblin race. Naturally, didn't do eugenics, went for a gestalt.

I made up my mind to end it a while ago. But that really is the only alternative. It just sucks since I like all the guys in the group, just not being GM, and not that campaign. I hope it doesn't kill the relationship I have with them.

If a GM isn't interested in his own game, it's doomed anyway. The best you can do is end it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

If you feel bad about it, you can always start planning another game. After all, now you have the benefit of knowing what you're getting into and learning from the mistakes you regret. GMing is like any other craft, you need experience to get good at it.

I agree with the above user, I started GMing about a year ago and your story reminds me of my own.
I killed my first campaign 3 months in, but started a new one in a new system and we're going on 8 months now. Im infinitely happier with it.

Oh boy, another game I won't have the time to play

Is Mounted Archery important for a, well, mounted archer build?

Pretty much never.

d20pfsrd is missing soe info on Unchained Monk with Ki Range.

How long does his power last and what feat is the power referring to? It says far shot but it doesn't say anything about increasing range increments.

it lasts for one round, and for example if you were using it with shuriken, the range would go from 10 feet to 30 feet. I don't know what it means with that far shot feat.

Any mount related feats save for mounted combat any good?

For a horseback archer even taking as much as mounted combat is debatable. Consider trick riding I guess.

Mounted feats are mostly for charger types.

>LOGS
>WHEN

But trick riding is redundant. At that point you'll have more than enough points in ride that you'll auto succeed all of them and getting a second use for mounted combat doesn't sound too good.

I want to make passionate love to Catmere to help her forget her troubles!

This just in folks - we've got the backstory of our first Starfinder Iconic, Navasi, the Human Envoy!
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljrp?Meet-the-Iconics-Navasi

>tl;dr is she was an executive princess, decided to run away, life fucking sucked so she became a pirate, became a lesbian, then became a freedom fighter. These were all apparently mutually exclusive.

Bonus: There's now a god of discovery and equality. How much you wanna bet it's one of the big 20?

She's loose as a wizard's sleeve, user.

Oh god DAMMIT.

It's going to be one of the Big 3, user. Because fuck Trump and fuck White people.

>Free Captains of the Diaspora
>Literally just the Free Captains of the Shackles IN SPEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!
Lol, Limewire

>She's loose as a wizard's sleeve, user.

That makes two of us!

BUY OUR PRODUCT, GUYS

Isn't the Swashbuckler iconic also a run-away lesbian pirate freedom fighter?

What's the Envoy again?

Yes. Probably the same player.

Think of a spell-less bard or a social rogue.

Bard, but different somehow.

To her credit, the swashbuckler iconic is actually pretty cute and interesting, as though they were trying to compensate for her class assignment. Pirate Banshee mom is an awesome plot hook.

Starfinder version of the Bard. Basically a smooth talking diplomat class that's supposed to be Han Solo

indeed it was

>Yes. Probably the same player.
Only once way to be sure. What are their Wisdom scores?

>Only once way to be sure. What are their Wisdom scores?
We don't have statblocks for the Starfinder characters yet.

Swashbuckler is a lesbian?

This is a TTRPG: What characters AREN'T lesbians?

$20 says the first villain to be revealed is a white man.

This sounds fucking rad and I want in

Anyone got any cute pictures of Kobolds with guns?

I hope it's a smug AI

So is Navasi a fucking CG? Cause at the moment its sounding rather James Jacobs.

>Start at level 1

Ew, how is this any different from a bog standard level 1 to 20 campaign?

We don't have her stats yet to confirm, but signs point to yes.

Of course she's CG, don't you know that's the official alignment of lesbians, rebels and true heroes of Pathfinder?