Magic item thread

Magic item thread
Post pictures of items
Give descriptions of items
Talk about neet stuff

I really, really like this gun.

Key of Unbounded Multiverse

Can be used once per day to open a small hole into a random point in timespace of a random dimension. This hole collapses at the end of the turn it is created.

Basically, this is a deck of many things with a bit more flexibility for the GM. I used it in a comedy campaign as a way of giving the players exactly what they didn't think they needed. Typically I'd pull things from other settings. Toss something from 40k or Shadowrun into the game for a quick mess around moment. It actually led to a great moment where the PCs banished an enemy to Victorian England by making a concerted effort to shove him into the hole.

k

We all know how this ends...

Animals can be given as loot too

I actually saw that when it was on display at the tate!

>Siren's ring

When grasping the head of another person and looking into their eyes in such a way that the ring is next to the ear will emit a barely audible hypnotic hum that takes their mind to a magical dimension in the form of a tropical shore where they are welcomed by beautiful women that beckon them suggestively to stay. Their aches and pains are gone and every worry seems to melt away.

Some can resist it's charms or break the illusion, but most are enamored by it and will not fight it or be incredibly angry when it is broken. If you maintain the illusion for an extended period of time, they will begin showing signs of madness, doing anything to return to the dimension whether that means obedience to the enchantress for "another taste of paradise" or murdering her and taking the ring for themselves.

This insidious ring should be used with caution. If used properly, it can defuse a dangerous situation. If not, it can escalate it beyond hopes of negotiation.

Gonna need some grant morrison-tier shit for that one

**Curious Carafe of Corrosion**
*Wondrous item, uncommon*

>This tiny device behaves similarly to a Decanter of Endless Water, producing an ounce of clear, odorless acid each turn while opened.

>The acid can dissolve 500 grams of iron, wood, or similar mundane materials per ounce, after which it becomes inert.

>If ingested, the acid deals 1d4 acid damage to the imbiber per ounce.

>If introduced to at least half its volume in water, the acid reverts to normal water and becomes harmless.

Nautical Nautilus Nick-Nack of Neverending Natural Nosediving

Grants the wearer the ability to breathe underwater. For each hour spent under the water one chamber of the shell will fill up. Once all are filled the item becomes inert.

*Cursed Sending Stones*

A curious take on the familiar "Sending Stones" magical items, these stones have a % chance that, when used, will replace the user's words with a number of different responses, from dirty jokes to childish insults to manic giggling.

Dunno about a name but I imagine you can use any of them on any keyhole and summon a room or whole universes.

Can't help but think about an ifrit from the arabian nights, specifically the one from the ifrit and the fisherman tale.

Forest crown gives raign over the forest it was made in

Boostes all stats but makes your PC a pariah

Do you guys give gems properties or abilities or are they just GP junk in your settings?

Magu-Magu, Shard of the earthen Vampire
Crystals form around wounds caused by this weapon, crippling the affected body part and draining blood from the victim.
These crystals are brittle and start out clear, but will rapidly exsanguinate the victim and turn red if not broken off in time.
Fully saturated crystals are a deep crimson and can be used to fuel and accalerate certain rituals.

Most of the time the are GP junk
but sometimes ill have them be prisons of entitys like souls trapped inside

>Earth Mother's Ring
Grants its wearer innate knowledge of plants and farming. Everything they plant will grow 5 times faster than normal.

When you burn the rope off. It summons a earth elemental.

A quartet of seemingly identical compass-like devices. Rather than pointing north, their needles always point in the exact direction of the other compasses.

>Third Ward Walking Stick

>An apparently "ordinary" baseball bat wrapped in barbed chains, the Walking Stick hits with surprising punch and is apparently unbreakable. In addition to damaging the target, it also has a knack for knocking valuables and other items from the target and sending them scattering from their persons, up to and including money, gems, gold or silver jewelry, weapons, and anything else that might be considered valuable to the player.

The Life Sentence

A magical lock of pure silver, which can be used to bind any incapacitated enemy. It renders them completely powerless and also mute.

When used to lock a door or an object, it cannot be opened by anyone except the person who originally turned the key.

Does this gun fire potassium?

Powder of sabotage
Gets into everything, disrupts devices with fine moving parts and interferes with the the functionality of magical artifacts until completely cleaned out.

The difficulty of removing every last spec of this fine powder especially when you purchase the sort that cannon be magically cleaned means that it can effectively ruin magical devices.

Cool. How do you re-set it ?

nice gonna steal this for my game

Weighs nothing. % chance everyday of attracting a "mate" of the species the feather originally came from to the bearer of the weapon.

Yeah, potassium nitrate.

>Pursedragon
This Diminutive neutral good dragon is a close cousin of the pseudodragon, though it is smaller, has a rounded body and lacks a sting. Instead of poison, this tiny reptile has a fiery breath weapon that covers a 5ft line and deals 1d4+2 fire damage.

They are capable of speaking Common and Draconic, and are most often very amicable creatures. Almost as fond of riches as their distant true dragon relatives, pursedragons often enter into a traditional arrangement with humanoid creatures. The humanoid allows the purse dragon to dwell in its purse, sack of gold, or small chest of valuables and wallow in the precious metals or stones. In return, the pursedragon protects the valuables from pickpockets and thieves with its bite and breath as if the coins were its very own hoard. However, they are sometimes prone to turning on the beneficiary of the arrangement and preventing them from spending their own gold.

Can someone come up with an RPG style description for deseasert Raman?

Please tell me what makes this idea interesting to you or makes you want to include it in a game you're going to run.

the joke
^
^
^
Your head

>Bang bang bang bang bang'
>Banana gun!

The Nobleman's Chalice of Lower Defense.
It protects against dishonorable tactics.

I am Julia could duplicate Yarby I'm going to be at GD damn it damn hex mixed chicks would ask back deck's book duck egg egg did Luke Duke Roman even take it it it it it it it it it it it it could be that he believed he would even if that idiot beat it don't work that way yeah yeah I I and then with the help but to head home we have to ask what it exploded a bit a dick directed it to you next to Becca Kalakala yeah.

Ancestral Soap
>Ancient oriental soap on a rope.
>no matter how much you use it, never runs out
>when you use it, your catty judgemental ancestors watch you desecrate a holy object
>come on dude, your grandma can see you
>get that out of your pits
>dishonor
>who told you this was soap?

>The Banhammer
Creatures hit with this +5 warhammer must make a DC 30 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is transported to a random plane of existence other than the one the creature is currently on for a number of rounds equal to the damage done by the attack.

What would be a good name for a opulent noble item of that protects against honorable tactics?

user...

The Hella Pimp Mithril-lined Dueling Vest.

Is that OC? Because its fucking adorable.

>Be level 3 Thief
>Open Lock
>Haha easy pickings
>When suddenly, a squeaky voice

"Who dares intrude upon my mighty horde of shineys? Trespasser!"

>Barely make it away with my life, fucking pursedragons

Its like the wizard familiar version of those stupid yelping dogs.

Well, it's OC in the sense that I just wrote up that flavor text myself off the top of my head and came up with the name pursedragon, but I doubt I'm the first person to have the idea of a 6-inch dragon that considers your wallet its horde.

Either way!

The mask of Talsorath, this mask was made using the skull of a mad wizard who attempted to attain Immortality without the use of a phylactery, his journals stated that he wished to use many runes etched into his vary bones to maintain his life essence and shield him from the grip of death itself. little did he know death isn't so foolish as to allow him to survive the procedure.

when worn the wearing is allowed to see through the eyes of death itself knowing the ways in which death has sentenced people to their fates, or how death's strings pull people along even as they make their "choices.

however this power comes at a price, no mortal mind should have the sight of death, and should they too weak death may change their fates as he did the wizard who thought he could cheat him.

Thank you, Bob. :-)

Or grows into a mountain

That ain't no magic, that's my scotch

Its magic scotch

Idol of duality
Upon placing this item in the possession of a creature, the creature will begin to experience heavily conflicting emotions within themselves, increasing to a level of insanity after failing to resist it in a wisdom contest repeatedly.

The night stick
The darker it is the hotter and brighter the end of the stick becomes, because it makes light it's max temperature has yet to be found
If you where to somehow remove the light it creates you could reach plasma temperatures
It is said the pen is mightier than the sword, but no one expected them to breed
When summoned you call forth a sword that carves insults in your enemies skin or a pen with a very sharp wit
The flask of fountains
One drop from this flask into any sorce of water and that sorce is safe to drink from for exactly 1 day
The black forge ring
This ring alows the user to forge without the need of heat, but everything made using it is said to be unlucky, but unlucky for who?
Who is the master
When used you gain mastery of any subject, but loose all sence of self

To add to this
>once their conflicting emotions peak, the creature will split into two, with each representing one half of the original creature

>Decanter of Endless Whiskey
I actually had that in a campaign while playing a dwarf barbarian. Commissioned it from his best friend, the party wizard.

>The Peace Blade
Grants the user immense strength and wisdom, though the user becomes weaker the more the weapon is used.
>One sword keeps another in the sheath.

Save it, my friend, it's all yours. ;)

Traveller's Key Set

A set of keys with very little similarities. Each key is in fact the master key of the kingdom it was crafted in, except for the eye in the middle which is a keystone used to open a portal to the realm of the gods.

Broken Gate Pendant.

Usually, Gate Pendants open a door to wherever the image on them shows, with some models allowing for the user to set his own destination. This one, however, was probably used to enter somewhere which either doesn't exist, is impossible to enter via magic, or contains beings which can destroy gates. As it is, it's unpredictable and will throw the user into a random location. Bear in mind, "hazardous" does not equal inaccessible.

Visual Ring

Used mostly by spies, Visual Rings are simply miniature cameras which record what they see onto a nearby storage device.

Starlight Egg

An egg laid by a Starlight Dragon, an unusual new species which seems to migrate every thousand years. While Starlight Dragons are still wild animals, they boast an incredible sense of loyalty and often imprint on the nearest living being, protecting them at all costs.

Dryadic Wand Set

A set of wands, each of which was used by a specific variant of dryad to expand their home forests for a variety of reasons. The owners of these wands can be presumed dead, since usually a dryad's wand is physically attached to their body. From left to right: Ironwood, Silverleaf, Centurial Oak. Reaper's Gnarl, Yggdra Oak

Jewelled Skull of Lord Genis

A skull encrusted in an assortment of jewels. It is thought that Lord Genis, post-lichdom, had his skull encrusted with magically charged diamonds to protect his phylactery, which he stored in his skull. In truth, he just thought it looked fancy. However, the skull is still capable of redirecting and refracting any ray-type spells, and powering them up in the process.

Potion Set

An old set of potions. Generally, older potions like these were made during the early years of alchemical research and boast increased, longer-lasting effects in comparison to modern equivalents, but also yield unintended side effects. One of the bottles is missing it's cap, and can be presumed to contain spoiled potion.

Bastion Reserve

A set of various liquors brewed with receipes found from an abandoned floating fortress.
Due to the vaguely alchemical process used in brewing, these liquors provide slight effects, the most bombastic being the Starheart Brew, capable of instantly mending even bifurcation and rtesuscitating any fresh corpse willing to be resurrected. However, most liquors in the set are undocumented. and as such, may or may not boast any sort of effect.

Rongai Potion Set

A set of potions sold in the far east. Their effects are undocumented, and it is suspected that not believing it has an effect will diminish the effect the potion would have.

Evening Brooch

An ornate brooch depicting the last few moments of evening. Not only does it bolster one's abilities during these few moments, but holding it to any magical clock will advance time to the next moment the brooch would have an effect.

Ryu-Kishin Tanto

An enchanted short sword from the far east. IF the groove on the blade is soaked in blood, it prevents the user from feeling pain, regenerates the wielders wounds when sheathed and provides expert-level skill in handling the blade.

Elephant Tombstone Hammer

A gargantuan hammer carved from a petrified elephant. While it's too large to be wielded effectively by any normal human, whomever can wield it is graced with perfect memory, unending determination and a swing so powerful they can break mountains. For some reason, nearby elephants either grow amorous or wrathful when in the presence of this item.

Seahag Dagger

Originally thought to be a ritual blade for any of the assorted seaside cults, in truth this dagger is simply used by sea hags to gather materials for their concoctions. It does cut better if it's victim can be harvested materials from, and seems to pull loose materials to it when held above one's own head.

Knuckle Jawbone

A rather grotesque set of fisticuffs, the teeth grow back when broken off. If it's other pair is found, and the two are used at the same time, any part where the punches connect will have a large-ish piece torn off as if it was bitten by something with a large mouth.

Jormundgard Axe

A simple axe engraved with an image of Jormundgard. The simple effect of this axe prevents the wounds inflicted with it from ever closing. It seems to effect is not magical, making this weapon rather hazardous.

Mushroom Graveyard

An inert pile of Matango-controlled skeletons held in stasis. It could be used as an ally if the stasis spell used to trap the skeletons was broken, but the spell was cast for a reason...

Lunarlight Lantern

A lantern carved from a layered jade geode. It lights itself on it's own at night, and the brighter the moon, the less bright the flame and the greater the boost the lanter gives it's bearer.

Light Eater

A small mechanical spider which consumes light and radiates it from the lightbulb comprising it's lower abdomen. Often used to explore small crevasses and old ventilation shafts.

Phoenix Tiara

An old tiara usually worn to war by princesses of great kingdoms, itäs power can forcibly resurrect anyone who died recently, simply by virtue of tearing the soul from it's intended afterlife. This one has lost it's fiery glow, and with it, it's powers. It could be repowered with a phoenix feather and some phoenix eggshell, however.