/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

>TD Campaign cards (Spoilers)
>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old Bread

Other urls found in this thread:

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/62/f4/62f4fc98-0ef7-4a24-af2a-48f773f69782/adn-2017-limited-info-sheet.pdf
netrunnerdb.com/en/set/td/rulings
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/X_Variable_Ruling
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Eureka_+_Angel_Arena_Ruling
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50417445/#q50450898
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50417445/#q50450874
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Test.

All right then... after not being able to create threads, now I can't post images/pdf documents.

Anyway

I've actually really liked Bloodletter in TD. I think it's fairly honest as far as sentries go. The price you pay as a runner is real, but you can still get through. Out of TD, I wonder... but then that's where the Skorpios ID ability comes to the rescue.

Maybe some blocker is fucking up with the web uploader? Also have you tried clearing the cache?

Bloodletter seems godsend for gearchecking. Until now I think either it was Jinteki ice or just 4+ cost.

"Secure Connection Failed" error. Will have to investigate, but not tonight.

Oh, well can't post the pdf, so here, fo those interested:

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/62/f4/62f4fc98-0ef7-4a24-af2a-48f773f69782/adn-2017-limited-info-sheet.pdf

>Bloodletter seems godsend for gearchecking. Until now I think either it was Jinteki ice or just 4+ cost.

Gave some pretty good results in TD... I had a game where all I had to put on R&D was a single Bloodletter, and the runner went for a Medium R&D headlock trying to outpace my rush by sacrificing stack cards... did manage to snatch 6 points, but then lost breakers in the process, which allowed me to close the game.

Wondering about Charlatan in TD context. Being able to threaten remotes with it is far from insignificant against rush. Really expensive though, both in install - setting you back - and in use.
I want to liek the card, but it's hard.

I see Charlatan as a Crypsis equivalent from TD.
Upside, you probably save a lot of credits if multisub ICE is around.
Downside, Corp has a lot of control over what you can use Charlatan on.

Crypsis might be expensive and click intensive, but so is Charlatan and you have more control over Crypsis.

Why not Naked? It seems like anytime someone puts them Naked on Jinteki and I trash them, it's a "bad idea." But if I do the same, they trash them.

I seriously don't get the Corp side economy. I can get short-bursts and have them set-up for rez'ing ICE, but that's the thing: Once rez'd, I'm poor and there's no way to get back up like Runner's Magnum Opus pumping.

It's probably why I struggle with building Corp decks: There's like 5 different things to factor in compared to Runner's "get these breakers, have an economy condition, boom done."

Good analogy.

Cool thing about Charlatan is: bypass effect and not a program (are we to expect bypass-triggered effects runner side, I wonder?).

Trouble is, the most interesting targets to bypass in TD +Core are hight str (if only: on encounter effect ICE) which doesn't really make it an interesting proposition.

>Once rez'd, I'm poor and there's no way to get back up like Runner's Magnum Opus pumping.
Core-wise, you have access to Melange Mining Corp. If you rez a piece of ICE the runner needs to get the appropiate icebreaker. If you have MMC protected by that ICE then you have a few turns of setting up some money.
In general though, you don't want to rez something that would leave you that kind of exposed unless there's some you get in return.

Besides, while Magnum Opus is good over the baseline, I don't like it all that much. I prefer Day Job and Liberated accounts over it. And Temujin of course.

Agreed, I don't like Charlatan all that much.

Did you misquote? Was this about the PAD Campaign conversation from last thread?

Corp econ is a bit weird. You need to know to juggle with limited resources that are from the get go within reach of your opponent, and make an informed bet on where and when it's most efficient to spend. When to rez ICE and when to let the runner enjoy a free access. When to tempt the runner into trashing things and when to put things so as they may not be immediately trashed.

You also need to know how to bluff, how to manipulate threat thresholds. What you can do when sitting on 15 credits isn't what you can do when sitting on 5, and the runner will have to respect the possible consequences of what you could do with that money.
I actually got quite a few kill wins in the TD campaign, with the runner forced between a rock and a hard place by rush in ways you can't really manipulate that easily anymore with full card pool. Runner being too rich and secured.

(Rushing a Graft to 2 credits in the bank turn 2, then following turn going Beanstalk Royalties -> Hedge Fund -> IPO with your tutored cards is a pretty great feeling.)

How's this?

Seidr Laboratories: Destiny Defined

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Elective Upgrade
3x Successful Field Test

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Marilyn Campaign
3x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (3)
2x Experiential Data
1x Mason Bellamy

Operation (11)
2x Archived Memories
3x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund
3x IPO

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 2.0
3x Wall of Static

Code Gate (5)
1x Enigma
1x Tapestry
3x Weir

Sentry (6)
3x Bloodletter ●●●●● ●
3x Ichi 1.0

6 influence spent (max 15, available 9)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

From what I'm seeing, Bloodletter will let them through but at the cost of trashing. So put those on R&D, HQ, and Archives since they aren't really "remote protection" (IMO),

Ichi is put on a remote/scoring server for the sake of "don't do that again" while maybe covering a PAD and Adonis.

Eli 2.0 on Remotes
Wall of Static on a Remote and HQ + R&D for a quick "yeah, no you're not getting in" rez.

Tapestry is put on HQ to try to bounce something non-Agenda (or Agenda?) to R&D if they run last two clicks.

Though, this probably still fails.

Yeah, corp side econ isn't quite as good as runner econ - never has been, but runner econ also increased in a much more direct and straightforward way.

While occasionally annoying, it's also clear to see why runner econ needs to be that good, and why making corp econ much better would be pretty bad.

Mainly, it's because the corp doesn't have many expenses - outside of trace-based kill decks or if you're playing against denial/ice destruction decks, you actually don't need to be rich.
It's nice, of course, but most decks don't need super-high levels of wealth.

Corp econ does tend to be more bursty, but with assets it's all about making them fall much more in your favour through ice, other assets and upgrades, and the various threats you can muster

Is that supposed to be a TD campaign deck?

TD + 1-Core deck, yes. Not necessarily for the "campaign" but a start for one.

I guess I'm just horrible with Corp in general. Anytime I've tried to Melange behind an ICE, they'll run it and trash it immediately.

So I try to get IPO or Hedge Funds drawn to have a lot of ICE, click +1 credits for the sake of staying above 5-10 Credits and using those 5-10 credits to Rez ICE to try to stop their trashing.

To be fair, Melange is pretty trash despite how cool it is, and core set econ in general is pretty woeful

Playing TD + Core myself, though I'm using Skorpios

Found Weir to be pretty underwhelming, you probably want more ETR Ice - Maybe Enigmas, or some of the bigger core cards like Tollboth.

If it's a TD Campaign Deck, remember that you've got 3 2-Point Agendas you have to include, so you might need to rework your agenda selection.

>Not necessarily for the "campaign" but a start for one.

Ok, was just checking you didn't forger to make room for the TD campaign agendas.

>I guess I'm just horrible with Corp in general

Don't overstate it, some people have a real hard time rewiring to one side of the game because they naturally fall back on intuitions they got from getting on well with the other side. Perfectly natural.

The corp doesn't play like the runner. You'll just have to find your feet on that.

I'm thinking three Biotics might be overkill. And you might want some draw in that deck (I wonder about Anonymous Tip -> Successful Field Test in TD; to bad I seem to be the only, no one tested it yesterday).

Thing is, even if playing Glacier, you don't have the luxury of waiting for your board state to reach some humongous state before going for score attempts. You have to go for early rush-like attempts trying to capitalize on those to progress.

As such I'm thinking your deck needs a bit more straight ETR ICE (maybe one less Weir, one more Enigma; one Bloodletter and Ichi off, two Autoturret in? just indicative, don't take it to the letter). Econ-wise, if this doesn't get you going, I don't know what will. You're in a pretty good position.

Someone recommended Tollbooth and while the -3 Credit encounter cost is nice, it doesn't seem that "gear check"-y once they get a Code Gate breaker out as they get faster economy than I do.

I guess I could drop 2 and add 2 Enigma's instead, but those don't seem too strong once they know they're there and have the credits.

It feels like once the runner is set up in 2 turns, I'm pretty much losing no matter what ICE selection I have.

Trash is really not a word I'd associate with MMC (or only in the "must-trash" sentence). In the proper deck, that card wins games.

>Found Weir to be pretty underwhelming

The card trash is not half bad when you can threaten a kill. Forcing the runner to lose time drawing (on top of tag removals) can help. But yeah, I don't know about it...

>It feels like once the runner is set up in 2 turns, I'm pretty much losing no matter what ICE selection I have.

How does the runner do that and still have money?

Tollbooth is pretty cood because of the tax. 3 Credits whatever the breaker solution and 5 str is nothing to laugh at.

Yeah, that was my thought, and I'm running a Skorpios Tag'n'Bag deck, but it just never seemed to really pull it's weight.

Core + TD only means I'm a little strapped for cash at times, and spending 3 credits to Rez a card that is a minor inconvenience at most just never really felt like it was worth it.

Ran it for a couple of games then dropped them for more Data Ravens and Colossi

By having Magnum Opus pumping at least 6 credits versus my 2 ICE server that let's them through.

I honestly don't know. Maybe I'm playing Corp all wrong trying to get to like 15-20 credits and when they run my 2-3 ICE deep server, rez'ing all those to speed-bump them while they just shrug it off.

I've been told to try to factor in the runner's credit pool for scoring windows, but I guess I'm just not seeing the scoring windows because it's like "holy shit, they get like 6 credits while I can only get 2-3 unless I mandatory draw an IPO or Hedge Fund for some credits."

I guess I...

> Thing is, even if playing Glacier, you don't have the luxury of waiting for your board state to reach some humongous state before going for score attempts.

...I need to be more aggressive, yeah. I'm trying to play this as a sandbag/slow-roll attempt of building credits and putting 4-5 ICE servers up and they just run through it quickly while I have no quick-cash options like Magnum Opus or Sure Gamble or Armitage Codebusting to rely on on stopping them.

> (maybe one less Weir, one more Enigma; one Bloodletter and Ichi off, two Autoturret in? just indicative, don't take it to the letter).

That sounds reasonable. I'll have to try it on Jinteki later tonight.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in two turns seem to imply that they're ready to run full by turn three... where did they get the cards, the money the install clicks?

Yeah pretty much this. Played a game where my opponent started with 2/3 of his rig in his opening hand plus a special order to tutor for the last one, and a sure gamble for econ - pretty much an ideal starting hand.

Even with this, it took him 3-4 turns to get set up, and I could still tax him to slow him down. Was a rough game, but not unwinnable had I not made a bunch of mistakes.

By two turns, I don't mean game start. I mean they get their RIG and conditions set up and can just run wild while I'm kinda screwed on trying to defend myself.

Runner's economy allows them to get the credits to blow through Corp defenses and the Corp can only hope to "speed bump" them enough to be annoying. It's hard to explain the feeling, but it feels like the Corp can't honestly keep up in defending itself against most runners.

I mean I can "tax" them but not enough to make them go "damn, that's a heavy server. I need at least a turn or two to attempt to run it."

Magnum Opus and 3 icebreakers cost around 18-19 credits and 4 clicks, not to mention extra MU and the draw to find it. It's a really slow setup and more slow if you try to break tollbooth or ichi every turn with it.
And then you have Aggressive Secretary, SEA source, Snare and Junebugs.

This. My answer to a full rig and a rich runner is to bait them into running into an Aggro Sec or Snare, or feed them an agenda so I can punish them with Hunter Seeker or something.

Yeah - there's no such thing as an unbreakable server, but you really don't want to hit a trap when you're all set up

>It's hard to explain the feeling, but it feels like the Corp can't honestly keep up in defending itself against most runners.

That's exactly it. The corp *can't*. In the long run, your chances to keep the runner out fall to zero.

You have to create windows, both your and the runner's econ will move during the game. Forcing the runner to run at the most inopportune time. When the runner has just installed a piece of gear, when lower on liquidity, it's time to strike.

Having assets that force the runner to run when not opportune helps. In the TD context, I'm thinking more people should give ambushes another look.

If you get tired of being poor you can play GRNDL.

I really want to try a GRNDL deck with Arms Factories, Illicit Sales and Hostile Takeovers for immense Bad Pub and so much money. Probably terrible, but it seems like fun.

If the runner is rich enough to spam TME/DDM on RnD, you might want to invest in some Snares!. Actually got a flatline from the runner hitting 2 of them in a maxed DDM run.

And if going into campaign, save up creds for biotic 3/2s, since you are probably only going to have that remote in the early game at best.

Also, if you have spare inf, a SanSan can be a surprise hit.

Well, I had a naked PAD, 4 ICE'd Adonis with Experiential Data, 1 ICE on R&D and HQ, stupidly miscounted the 4 ICE server and they were going to get the other agenda in HQ eventually to win.

So I'm not sure Snare! would help. I'm just probably playing stupid as Corp and Jinteki doesn't have enough players to actually get this deck practice with.

Spot on with the ice placements. As one user said, Weir is underwhelming unless you're actively going for a flatline after the facecheck, so going down to 1 and Enigma going to 2 should be fine. Ice Walls can probably do what you're intending to for Wall of Static better. I'm not sure what you can do with the 3rd Ichi, might be better as something else.

Here's my first draft for comparison:

Core42 (49 cards)
Seidr Laboratories: Destiny Defined
-- agenda (11 cards)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
2 Brain Rewiring
3 Paper Trail
3 Successful Field Test
-- asset (7 cards)
2 Adonis Campaign
2 Marilyn Campaign
2 PAD Campaign
1 Project Junebug *
-- ice (16 cards)
1 Archer **
2 Bloodletter ****
2 Eli 2.0
1 Executive Functioning
1 Heimdall 1.0
2 Ice Wall **
2 Ichi 1.0
1 Tapestry
1 Tollbooth **
2 Viktor 1.0
1 Enigma
-- operation (8 cards)
2 Archived Memories
1 Biotic Labor
3 Hedge Fund
2 IPO
-- upgrade (7 cards)
2 Black Level Clearance
2 Experiential Data
2 Mason Bellamy
1 SanSan City Grid ****

Agenda suite for forcing 4 steals to win, Archer because I have 1 pointers, Executive Functioning because it's a pretty devastating early facecheck, Heimdall and Tollbooth as my expensive taxing ice, Viktor as intentionally porous ice to trigger Seidr. Black Level for forcing brain damage, and Sansan to help with scoring. Junebug for capitalizing on 2 brain damage runners.

>Anytime I've tried to Melange behind an ICE, they'll run it and trash it immediately.
Hopefully you've learned of the trick of rezzing at the start of your turn so that you could always fire it once? This applies to all of the campaigns as well.

As a side, don't feel too bad about losing on Jinteki, if you're facing randoms then most decks there are hyperefficient and will rip apart any deck that hasn't been played 50 times.

Part of me kinda wan to try for Brain Rewiring double Neural Emp kill.

It's too stupid not to be tempting.

Lightly iced central servers is generally not a good thing, esp if the runner can spam multi access on RnD and Siphons on HQ.

If anything, lots of runner expect HB/Seidr to biotic out stuff, so they hammer centrals before that happens. Especially so if the remote is overprotected.

So what is the gameplan? I had 3 ICE in the starting hand, 1 PAD and a Hedge Fund. I drew an Adonis. I put the ICE down. Start second turn, put an Adonis behind the remote. Get another ICE, put ICE on Adonis to make them think it's an Agenda to try to run. Throw down a Hedge Fund. They don't run, so I rez the Adonis since it's "properly protected" and throw another ICE on it to try to set up a scoring server. Put the Pad down, drew another Pad put it down and click to credit.

Next turn, draw another ICE, put it on the server to be 4 deep. It was Ichi 1.0, Wall of Static, RotoTurret, Ichi 1.0.

Adonis runs out, I draw a Biotic, install Successful Field Test and stupidly advance it 3 times forgetting it's a 4/2.

They run.

I rez the first three and had like 1 credit left because I stupidly forgot I didn't have enough and thought RotoTurret would stop them when their Mammon was 6 power counters + boosting.

That fucking card (Mammon) is giving me fits. Anytime someone installs it, I should probably just auto-concede because there's like no way I can trigger a trash on it to keep it away.

Jesus you sound like a joy to play against

The big play mistake here is the Biotic 4/2. An unadvanced card in a three deep server would've usually detered anyone from running, letting you advance it 4 times next turn. The second subtle play mistake is not doing the math. You could've saved a decent amount of credits by not rezzing everything if you knew they could get in anyway. Rezzing just the Ichi or Wall of Static would've decently taxed them, since they spent 6 credits for Mammon Counters and 3 - 4 to pump. Rototurret is ultimately gearcheck ice, and once a sentry or AI breaker is down, it's usually not worth rezzing. If AI breakers are being a pain, Hortum can keep them out when you advance it 3 times, while still being a respectable 4 to break with Gordian. Also, Mammon's strength and weakness is knowledge. Having unrezzed cards will fuck around with the runner's math during a run, the key is to rez stuff when you can hit them hardest.

Simply put, do the math.

You'll iron out your mistakes eventually, just keep at it.

The fact that Mammon is basically "Oh I see all your rez'd ICE and can break it easily" is what is making me salty more than anything. Most other breakers have a catch economy cost.

> You could've saved a decent amount of credits by not rezzing everything if you knew they could get in anyway.

I guess that's where I'm tripping up. I *want* to rez because it means they have to encounter and spend. If I'm not rez'ing they just get to waltz into a 3-4 deep server and steal the agenda and I get nothing out of it.

>If I'm not rez'ing they just get to waltz into a 3-4 deep server and steal the agenda and I get nothing out of it.
Yeah, it's a pretty counter-intuitive line of thinking to get into, in the above case it's usually just better to cut your losses instead. Rez maybe the Ichi, then give them the agenda. Rezzing is not always the answer if it doesn't change the math, or if they can break it more than 50% cheaper than for you to rez it.

It sounds like your econ isn't downright terrible if you can rez all the ice at one shot. Even so, the runner is usually at the advantage if he can set up fast enough, so it might be a good idea to try to rush out early agendas before they can find their breakers.

Often, running into a ETR ice, then finding and installing the right breaker, then running again, means that even if they are successful, they would likely need a turn just to recover. You could use that interval to make another server with a different type of ice and dare them to do it again.

Of course, if that doesn't work (godlike runner hands), you might want to consider traps like Junebugs. With limited recursion runner-side, once they eat some damage (or flatline), they may hesitate running another conveniently placed installed + 2 adv card.

I had two Ichi's, the one was at the root/very bottom. So it was like Ichi, Wall of Static, Roto-Turret, Ichi. If I didn't rez the Roto-Turret, I could've rez'd the Ichi but hit 0 credits.

Which would've still been dumb to do, but you know... trying to stop them mentality.

If that agenda was a junebug/secretary instead, it would have been hilarious, although you would have to not rez one of the ice in order to afford to trigger said trap.

Had this happen last night, it was beautiful

>Both of us on 4-5 Agenda Points
>Install Aggro Sec into remote behind Fully Advanced Colossus, Fully Advanced Hortum and Hailstorm, with K.D. Lang in the same server.
>Next Turn, 3x Advance Aggro Sec, runner gets nervous

>Runner has heaps of credits, full breaker suite + Mopus
>Mopus x3, Run on remote
>Trashes one of their breakers to get thru one of the ice, pays a crapton to get through the rest.
>Rez Mr Stone and K.P. Lynn, they take a tag and go down to 3 cards in hand.
>Runner accesses Aggro Sec, assumes fetal position, tries not to cry.

>Next turn, topdeck Scorched Earth.

A most excellent way to end the game.

So yeah, if nothing else works, play the bluffing game and see how the runner sweats.

What's a good alternative to lotus field in a PU deck now that the can't be lowered clause is less relevant?
Or is the presence of datasucker still a good enough reason to run them?

Yog Sifr is good reason to run them. Slow them down. Although it looks like BO is getting more prevalent, right? And in that case it doesn't matter one way or the other.

TD UFAQ is up.

netrunnerdb.com/en/set/td/rulings

>Errata for this card will be issued in the next FAQ.

Many questions, why for some you resolve as much as you can, but with others you just don't? For instance, breaking subs with Savant compared to False Leads.
I never thought of bypassing twice the same ice. Does that applies to inside job too? What about femme?
It's nice we have a clarification on Charlatan.

>Does that applies to inside job too?

Not that I'm aware of.

> What about femme?

"When you install Femme Fatale, choose an installed piece of ice. When you encounter that ice, you may pay 1[credit] per subroutine on that ice to bypass it.

So, (in the FAQ's case) if you ran a server and it put you back at the start and you re-run into the innermost piece of ICE that is Femme Fatale Bypass picked: Yes, you'd be able to do that as there is no "one-time use."

Compare to Inside Job:

"Make a run. Bypass the first piece of ice encountered during this run."

I get what you're saying and if they FAQ it that way, okay, but from how I read it: You'd encounter that ICE/outermost the "First" time, then go through the server and bounce back to the start. Thereby you'd run into a "second" time despite it being the "first ICE you encounter" it wouldn't truly be the *first* you encounter anymore.

S. Fishing works because it's still the "innermost piece of ICE" on the server, so when you run into a second time, it's ability would kick in due to server ICE positioning. Same with Femme because there's no "first time encounter" on that ability wording.

>breaking subs with Savant compared to False Leads
False Lead has "if able". So if you're not able to make them lose two clicks, you can't use it.

Thanks, I see it clear now.

With Skorpios around, all the shapers are jamming in as many sac cons as they can on the expectation of rig-shooting. So that tactic is not quite as effective vs them, although its still great vs crims.

Only TD decks, the rest are not so wary of rigshooting.

Lots of Smoke decks are pretty paranoid about Skorpios though, and now using scavenge even triggers it as well.

Bump.

Yeah, Scavenge against Skorpios is a losing proposition

Joke's on them. My Shaper deck packed Sac Cons before Skorpios-mania!

... Mostly because it's great for keeping Clots around anyway.

So for everyone that has been playing the Terminal Directive campaign, would you like to see another box set like this in the future?

Personally, I'd love to see something that actually changed the world a little bit more, but I'm enjoying the campaign, and hope that they do another legacy set like this. It'll definitely be a great way to keep casual players interested, I know I'll be getting some more casual friends into the game with this expansion. It's also fun to see how wacky the game can get in the weird vacuum of a core set, and some weird imbalanced rules for pure fun.

I also love the fact that Skorpios is a natural Ark Lockdown (sort-of) that happens every turn. Time to get to work on my uber-mill Skorpios deck full of rig shooter cards and meat damage.

>would you like to see another box set like this in the future?

Only if it's replayable. Stickers and tearing cards up: Noooooo ma'am for $40? Hell no.

Agree with you there. I've been using sticky notes and a photocopy of the PAD as an alternative way to keep everything pristine.

Definitely. I love how the format allows to have a more focused game thanks to keeping out what, to me, have been problem cards (SMC, Clone Chip, Jackson - too bad about the Core anarch problem cards, but hey at least they're out of playable factions...). It's also cool to play a game where econ is rebalanced down - look at how costly breaking ICE is using the Shaper/Criminal options... that's *good* for the game. As a runner you *have* to contemplate the choice of letting (a) subroutine(s) fire to keep much needed money in the bank. Which makes for a lot more interesting games.

The reduced pool also helped with the choice paralysis I've seen a few of the more casual players suffering from.

And the crazy campaign cards and secondary objectives make for a very interactive experience, with loads of significant changes between games.

As I said in that other post, need to tighten things up, but as a proof of concept, I think it does an outstanding job.

I don't think I could have put it better myself. This is a great proof of concept. Hopefully the next one has a story that changes based on the runner or corporation that you're playing, I think that would be pretty cool and keep new players invested in the campaign.

The reduced card pool was definitely something that I could really appreciate. It brought me back a few months to when I first started playing with the core set. I can't wait to switch over to the Corp side so that I can score a graft and put SEA Source, and two Scorched Earth's into my hand to set up for the sweet sweet rail-gun combo.

Shadow Net + Brute-Force hack... does it mean you can derez a piece of ICE for zero, whatever its rez cost?

It means you derez a 0 cost ice, for an agenda

I'm trying to find a ruling on that, I thought I remembered something about Psychographics, but it's not it, so still looking.

ancur.wikia.com/wiki/X_Variable_Ruling

You can even fit the seperate objective sticker sheets into a sleeve. And the update stickers (esp for the mandatory ones) can always be left out as a reminder of latest effects.

TD Rules Question! Spoilered for TD spoilers.

The Set 8 Objective for Corp says "Steal 1 Agenda Point" -Is this meant to be "Score 1 Agenda Point"? Does it have to be exactly 1 point, or is it intended to be 1 or more?

It should be 'scored' and any agenda scored counts towards the limit (so evidence collection gives 2 pts et al)

This Though my opponent and me chose to take it literally when we played, and as the corp, I found it made things really enjoyable that way.

If it's 10 *agendas* scored rather then pts, then it would extend the campaign by another 3-4 games at minimum rather then 2. Might be good for a drawn out league, not as much for a marathon session.

It seems to come down to luck and if they hit an ICE without the proper breaker, especially Sentries.

This was a dragout fight until the last turn. Draw the last card on my do or die turn (before being milled next turn) after they miss 3 Agendas that could've won them the game. Elective Upgrade into a 4click Successful Field Test = Comeback win.

If they literally stopped Sneakdooring, they would've been fine.

Well, worked for us in marathon session, but then, yeah, I wouldn't say it's advisable.

While I'm at it, I quite liked the dynamic introduced by that choice. Changes the calculated risks you're going to take.

>that HQ ice
>that fracter
Woowee.

Yeah, he lost Femme Fatale installing Sneakdoor Beta, uninstalled it, hit Bloodletter and trashed Sneakdoor after (why, I dunno). Ran R&D, lost Corroder, so installed Aurora.

It was a complete mess after that as if he didn't Sneakdoor the game would've been over ages ago. I seriously wouldn't have built up as much of that ICE as I did since he was aggressive.

I have no clue how to win this deck in pure aggression as Economy will be wrecked and while I can rez all the ICE, I go poor in the process and I have to give up at least 4 Agendas or so (which will give them the game) before I swing back.

That installed Femme, BTW is within the last 3 of his Stack. He drew until he found it but it was too late.

You look like you're doing fine honestly, just remember to consider how many credits the runner needs to get through ice before attempting to score, and if the piece of ice is worth installing/rezzing. Wall of Static vs Corroder isn't worth it for example, but against Aurora it definitely is. If they have money, make them run by bluffing out upgrades and assets.

>It seems to come down to luck and if they hit an ICE without the proper breaker, especially Sentries.
It definitely isn't, many wouldn't dare run before getting a killer or decoder down, or if they know they can't be hurt by anything that can be rezzed.

I mean I guess. But it seems like most breakers will blow through before I can set up and then do scoring windows. I can get IPO and Hedge Fund, but rezing 1-2 ICE a turn absolutely wrecks me. I guess I can let them go past but then they get at one of the 2-3 Agendas I have drawn.

Seems like bad luck just absolutely wrecks the deck than the gameplan itself. The gameplan seems solid, getting it to run is the issue.

So I'm gonna assume that Jinteki is anlot of hyper good tournament netdecking shot going on, yeah?

Watched a game and the runner managed to, through a series of cards, do like 5 runs in a single turn and just raped the corp player into submission. It was absurdly brutal.

It's a popular testing place yeah, especially with regionals coming soon.

Still, if you do want to play in the casual room, it might be prudent to indicate non-competitive/jank/intro/returning/TD-only on the game title.

Casual generally isn't Tier 1 decks, but there are assholes that'll use nothing but Asset Spam, CTM in it.

Eh, luck is always a factor, no definitives beyond that, but there are some things that look like luck that are actually just good piloting (avoiding SEAScorched for example). I would actually recommend running against your deck if you can find someone to pilot it, that way you can switch sides and see what sucks when facing it and strengthen that, and look for opportunities for both sides that you can either capitalize on or close off. Strengthening your basics and discovering new ideas by watching Youtube videos is pretty good too.

I just want to make sure that if I'm trying to learn the game I'm not gonna get curbstomped by some netdecking asshat.

If that's the case, it would certainly be a good idea to indicate that you are looking for a learning game on the title, and have a chat with the other guy before starting. Just to (hopefully) avoid any unfortunate 'misunderstandings'.

You might want to ask around on the main chat as well before making/joining a game.

It's the Eureka ruling you're looking for (itself based on the Donut ruling)
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Eureka_+_Angel_Arena_Ruling

In the long run, the runner is usually at the advantage especially if he/she has easy access to creds (MO for core+ decks) anyway, so rushing and/or fast advance are the usual recommended game plans.

FWIW, if you play Weyland, and you got enough ways to tag (especially more then once) it would force the runner to waste time removing them for fear of scorched earth.

Angel Arena was too expensive, but I liked the idea. Maybe if it was "for each power counter you get to see 2 cards, top 1, bottom the other 2." Like a more expensive Mr Li.

Yeah - clickless filtering is pretty cool and neat, but 1 credit a time is way too much

Thanks a lot. I knew that ruling existed, just couldn't find it.

I just finished reading Monitor and it was pretty good. How does the other fiction FFG has put out compare?

My own capsule reviews, for what they're worth:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50417445/#q50450898

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50417445/#q50450874

Still have to get Exodus, was supposed to get it this week, but stealth DJ Krush release is putting me in a a bind.

Only read the original Android novel Freefall, which is essentially the board game as a novel. A decent introduction to that universe as it were.

Were missiles involved in that story?

Missiles in Monitor, or Freefall? I don't remember any in the latter, and there's certainly none in the former. I've also read the Identity trilogy about the bioroid detective, along with Strange Flesh. I'm mostly looking for info about the new brace of fiction that's grown out of modern netrunner since I've devoured all the older stuff.

Monster Hunter sounds interesting. I know dick all about Reina, but her card art makes her look interesting. Will give it a punt.

>the Identity trilogy about the bioroid detective
How is that?

I'd say all 3 of the novellas have their strong and weak points - Monster Slayer is almost like an action movie, but it doesn't have too much in the way of characterisation, while in Monitor not all that much happens and it tries to be a little bigger than it is but the atmosphere is great and the characters all feel pretty real, and Exodus is a bit in-between.

I read the first one, it was well paced for a detective Noir novel but isn't terribly original. I liked how the author handles his relationaship with his partner. Still, it got me hooked enough to buy the second one during last Xmas sale, although I haven't read it yet (too much backlog, Douglas Adams and Joe Abercrombie will fill my next few months)

I've got both of them, but I'm slowly reading Dune atm.
Seeing as you mentioned Abercrombie, have you got Sharp Ends?