LARP is retarded, and here's why:

LARP is retarded, and here's why:
If you want to dress up, cosplay
If you want to play an rpg, play an rpg
If you want to use swords, do HEMA
People who LARP are gay retards. No wonder there are so many documentaries about them. They are strange creatures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xe4Yk1Dw_IQ
youtu.be/nM4okRvCg2g
youtube.com/watch?v=JDiXzwGjzME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Objectively correct

What if they want to dress up, play an rpg, AND use swords, and they don't have enough spare time to do all three separately, huh?
Checkmate, OP.

>implying HEMA isn't just another form of LARPing.

>Not wanting to beat the shit out of people while dressed like the indian from the Village People
It seems that the old adage of "OP is a faggot" really is true.

Bait threads are always the most fun threads

>Objectively correct
So... Subjectively, except you'll argue autistically about how right you are?

Honestly this is pretty true for American LARPing. In Europe it's a whole 'nother story.

Can I do it? I'm going to do it.

Fuck off faggot.

I miss Quest threads.

Pic related.

Do not reply to bait threads. Hide and report bait threads.

Dubs speak truth.

I appreciate the effort that went into the left guys armor.

I've seen too many shitty LARPs with too many shitty fantasy races. How the hell are you gonna be a gnome when you're 6'1"? Ludicrous.

Stick with humans or an otherwise singular PC race. Fantasy races in LARPs are just a crutch that detracts from what could be unique, setting-expanding human cultures.

Sometimes I wish I was a midget so I could play a kobold.

Minatures wargaming is retarded, and here's why:
If you want to paint, get a fucking easel.
If you want to play a wargame, play a wargame
If you want to fap about with historical units, or some fantasy setting lore, read a book.
People who play mini games are gay retards. No wonder there are so many documentaries about them. They are strange creatures.

I'm an adult male, just old enough to be taken seriously, but not old enough to not enjoy hitting people with a fake sword.

Yes it's all true. But they have FUN with FRIENDS. Something you will never experience, OP.

I personally think that most American LARP is dumb, but if people want to do it, that's their prerogative.

However, I do think more historically inspired LARP can be an interesting way to explore the past, a la reenacting but less scripted. See this from Matt Easton: youtu.be/xe4Yk1Dw_IQ

LARPing is pretty fantastic for children though, gets them outdoors and active, lets parents and children interact together and lets them explore decision making with simulated consequences.

Want to know how I can tell you are in your early 20s or less? You are still trying to establish a pecking order by bullying another group that does you no harm in order to Virtue Signal to the collective masses that you are better than they are, and thus your stature is improve in the herd and you feel superior. You, user, are just annoying. That is all you are. You are annoying because you see some people who have joy, that you are not having, because you are too uptight or your values aren't the same. Instead of exercising one of the key rules of life "Live and let live" you chose to be an asshole.

>If you want to use swords, do

fencing?

>You are still trying to establish a pecking order by bullying another group that does you no harm in order to Virtue Signal to the collective masses that you are better than they are,
oh, like those old farts bashing the gays?

You know how I know you're a liberal? Because you haven't realized that people are horrible yet.

Tabletop RPGs are retarded, and here's why:
If you want to kill monsters,collect loot and plan builds, play vidya
If you want want to tell a story, write a fucking novel
If you want to hang out with friends, go to a bar
People who play TRPGs are gay retards. No wonder there are so many documentaries about them. They are strange creatures.

Children do LARPing on their own, you don't have to force them or teach them. That's incidentally why it's seen as a childish activity.

>immediately jumping to /pol/

Further proof that /new/ was the huge mistake we said it'd be. This website needs to be cleansed.

Nah dude, you dont really believe that. You know in your heart ttrpg is superior simply by the fact that it allows suspenion of disbelief. Being dressed in plastic armour with a bunch of other nerds, who you can immediately tell have never done physical activity of any sort, hitting each other with foam swords, and shouting "lightning bolt" doesn't allow for that.

I wish there was a kung fu movie larping community.

I wish there was one where you actually fought each other.

youtu.be/nM4okRvCg2g

First thing that came to mind for European LARPing

How can you make a hierarchy of that when many people can easily inhabit multiple tiers of it? Like there are published Scifi/fantasy autors who are erotic furries for sure.

>video games and novels don't allow for suspension of disbelief

Answer the post you replied to

If you fall into multiple categories, you are ranked according to the worst one.

are you going to spam that shitty pic in every single thread ?

Its much better than having a shit life and a shit end.
If that happen to me ill be so glad to have the best fucking live ever.
this shitpost isbt even halfbad and you try to shove it in every fucking thread ever

and what if I enjoy being a gay retard? Will it be false fun then?

Larping is fun. You are just scared of going outside.

>kids playing games are geeky on par with people who don their finest Klingon costume for their marriage ceremony

>LARPers, who're usually a lot older and a lot richer than 13 year olds are less nerdy than 13 year olds

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense in many ways, unless it's written by some tryhard who's maybe in his early 20s.

Veeky Forums is retarded, and here's why:
If you want to discuss hobbies, go to a forum
If you want to look at pictures, type it into google
If you want to be anonymous, go to a gloryhole
People who post on Veeky Forums are gay retards. No wonder there are so many documentaries about them. They are strange creatures.

Most times I wish I WAS a kobold.

Fucking THIS!

youtube.com/watch?v=JDiXzwGjzME maybe youre goin on wrong larps?

Nah, man. The first person I've ever seen play a dwarf in a larp was a midget. It has ruined dwarves in larp for me as I can't take any other dwarf seriously anymore.

I'm all over that chart. That chart is forgetting the nerd that is also a jock and can beat the crap out of the other nerds.

I'm that nerd that is also a jock, by the way.

I'm not sure that guy is going to any larps at all. I'm not sure half the shitposters in larp threads even realize that what the US calls larp most of the time isn't actually a larp

Able to kill a man by sitting on them doesn't make you a jock.

I personally find cosplay just as faggy as larping, so eh.

name of the fightqt?

So William Shatner is only one step above furries?

>RAWR HOW DARE PEOPLE HAVE FUN?!!!!?!!!?!

>gay retards
Baffling. I was certain pre-teen insults would have progressed more in these intervening 20 years.

thank

This isn't an early 20s thing, user. Geeks love being bullies. It's probably the greatest pleasure most of them get. If you haven't realized that by now I don't know what to tell you.

Okay no offense but I can't imagine how LARP can be anything else than cringy.
Then again I don't understand why amateur cosplay exists.
Or why the fuck people buy these ugly ass furry suits that seem to only exist in one fucking model and are expensive as fuck.
Y'all disgust me.

>doing HEMA
>not just having Boffer fight clubs
definition of tryhard faggot

>one fucking model
there are non fucking models too user

>A good life that ends with an I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
>Better than it being shit from start to finish

>Then again I don't understand why amateur cosplay exists.
Because nobody starts off good at anything