other player uses mind control constantly

> other player uses mind control constantly
> shitty wis so there's no way to protect against it
> doesn't matter if I've got good wis either
> pretty much just becomes "put down controller time" because there's nothing I can do to stop it

Just end me

>other player uses mind control
>player casting any kind of mind control on another
>player taking control from another player

There is something you can do to stop it - leave the game. It's shit.

The thing is I enjoy most of the game - it's just that it's a tedious experience to be forced into doing things because "lel mindcontrol lamo" and there's nothing I can do to stop it - I can't even circumvent it in a clever way. In one instance, I'm playing a skeletal knight and we're in a room full of traps - I'm forced to purposefully take damage for no real point other than another players amusement. It didn't achieve anything other than ensure if I was around in the next fight, I'd go down.

So it becomes a case of "serve or be forced to" and it's the kind of mind-control where the servant doesn't even know they're being mind-controlled - so I can't actively rebel

Murder the other PC in their sleep. Given they've repeatedly mind-controlled your character against their will, I'd say it's justified.

Have you told the other player to cut this shit out?

Also this.

Start with , progress to , then finally .

What fucking game

Also just tell him to knock that shit off and that it's not fun

>I'm forced to purposefully take damage for no real point other than another players amusement.

If the GM has allowed this then he has allowed PVP. Wait until the mind controller has fallen asleep. Full Attack Coup de grace sword'em in the soft bits. If asked for a justification bring up that by forcing you to walk into all the traps that the mind controller made it obvious that he was trying to kill you and you had to take him out before he decided to just mind control you into falling on your sword.

Or y'know, talk to the gm about how this isn't fun or funny and is actively working against the party. Or tell the mind controlling player that you're not having fun and to stop.

How long are you under the effect OP, just kill him when he runs out of time. He's obviously not expecting it.

>Servant doesn't even know they're being mind-controlled
He can't retaliate because of this or else it's meta-gaming.

Only correct option is this

Ask the player to stop directly. Because they're basically being an asshole. It's just that straightforward.

This is why metagaming is a good thing.

One or both of you needs to stop playing forever.

How can you not know you're being mind controlled when you're walking your ass right into traps at that point? Something, sometime has to make your character go "what the fuck just happened?"

I think walking into traps to deliberately set them off is something that would clue someone into the fact that they are being mind controlled. Or randomly doing things that they have no reason to otherwise do. Or being forced to do something out of character.

IC he may not know mind controller is doing it but it's stupid to think he has NO IDEA someone is magically messing with him.

Actually OP is the mind controller only targeting you or other people int he party as well?

Talk to the other players. Tell them that you are sick of being unable to play because your PC is mind-controlled. Tell them that you will let it happen x times (if you want x=0, fair enough. But I'd make x = 2 or 3, just so they have the chance to come up with an interesting use for it and/or so you stay a few sessions after giving your ultimatum). But, if it ever reaches x+1, you will leave the game on the spot.

Every time you are mind controlled, remind them of how many mind controls are left. Keep track of them so you can list of every instance if questioned.

If your PC is mind controlled x+1 times, point this out. Remind everyone that you said you would leave if this happened. Then calmly pack up your stuff and leave. If they try to stop you, remind them that you aren't enjoying the mind control.

If they try any argument along the lines of "you're ruining our fun", tell them that they are free to have their fun without you.

Remain as friendly as polite as you can. If they try to negotiate for you to stay, consider their proposals. But only accept if they all agree to it and it is acceptable to you. If it's not acceptable, tell them why it isn't.

PCs killing each other with no in-character reason to do so is likely to cause the player of the dead PC to make a new one whose only purpose is to kill the PC that killed his first character. Or maybe it just pisses off the rest of the group, and they are most likely to be the person who started the metagaming PvP.

Maybe the mind control puts thoughts into their head that makes them think it was all their own stupid idea.

In my experience, the only person who gets upset about metagaming to catch someone's dickhead character is the person playing the dickhead character. Everyone else understands that it's the game equivalent of going "I'm not touching you so you can't get mad," and they're getting what they deserve.

Murder the player in their sleep.

player or character?

Considering he linked to someone saying "murder the PC," I think he means what he said.

kill the other player in real life

Dude. It's just a game.

I can agree with murdering their character, but...

Does anyone have the screenshot from the thread on the worst parties where one guy joined a group and they helped him build a character including his inventory. But the second his character showed up they killed him so they could have his stuff.

And then he made a new character and they poisoned him and then mind controlled and polymorphed his character to be a busty elf sex slave?

> leave the game. It's shit.

He would, but the other player is mind-controlling him to not do so.

Just talk to the DM. If he's a decent DM, or a friend (if this is a RL game) he should understand your concern.

Fuck that. If he ever witnesses the character using mind control on another being that is not himself, that's more than enough reason to suspect that all the monstrously self harming things he's done, such as walking through traps, is because he's been compelled to do so, and therefore has every reason to shishkebab said asshole in his sleep.

What's surprising is the rest of the party is supposedly down with this?

Ha ha! He's mind controlling one of us into self-harm and no memory about it! I'm sure glad he's only doing it to that one, very specific person and not me!

Aren't undead immune to mind-effecting spells?

Anyway, next time you're mind-controlled, might as well just hand your sheet to him and leave. Say something patronizing about how if he really wants to play your character that badly, go ahead.

>Aren't undead immune to mind-effecting spells?
this
and sentient undead usually have resistance to turning

This whole thread. Fuck you for baiting me with this story. You need to do what these guys said
and end this ungodly madness. No-one should have to suffer through this unless you enjoy it or get off on it. Once again fuck you if this is bait, doubly fuck you if you are either too dumb or too much of a pussy to fix this without infuriating us about it.

Talk to another player and ask them to tell your character to tell you about the mind control. THEN murder the first guy in his sleep. Fuck metagaming bullshit like that, motherfucker tried to MC my barbarian once, I passed his save with a lot of luck and broke him in half.