Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

blobs of screaming conscripts edition

>old thread
>>some things are best left forgotten

>daily Dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=f87PyCCl0PY

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
ironsleet.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who /hypefor8th/ here?

first for da waaaaaagh!

okay Veeky Forums
what one 40k character/god would you want to be able to punch in the face and get away with it
>the adeptus terra will pay for the cost of your broken hand if you punch any space marines or primarchs, only a small copay

Magnus, that motherfucking autistic retard.

4th for the Omnissiah

And here are the five books, you fucking tards

Which God do I have to sacrifice my first born child to to get Plastic Sisters? and female Guardsman while we're at it

>sisters
insert just wait a few months but no-one knows for certain meme
>female guard
I'm right there with you buddy, but its very doubtful, best we can hope for is some female heads for our 5 poses guardsmen or maybe a new infantry box

from last thread since i posted it right when it died
thoughts?
heres the vet-mech guard I'm running in a tourney this weekend, the tourney is "classic" with no LoW, no FW, formations, supplements or fortifications allowed, most of the missions are end of game objective grabbing, possibly the last tourney of this edition so i wanna try and go for gold, trust me this tourney is full of cheesefags so it would be hard to be WAAC-faggy even with 2x2 wyverns

any advice on how i can blow more leaves? also idk why people don't do weapons teams, they seem way more economic than blobbing guard squads, especially once you have enough meat shields

For crunch? It looks pretty good in some ways, but I strongly disagree with other choices, so I'll wait until release before I decide how it is.

For fluff? They've changed 40k so much and have shown such blatant disrespect for previous lore in such a short span of time that I'm not sure I'll even be bothered to even try and keep up in a year's time.

Ghazzy, because punching him and getting away with it would make me super high status amongst da ladz.

more yuri sister fan-fiction and art when?

guilliman so his xeno wife leaves him for being a pussy

thats a terrible idea in the longterm
>punch gaz
>all da boyz think your dead 'ard for punching da boss
>if they kill you they'll be even 'arder than da git who punched Margret Thatcher
>entire waaagh turns to try and kill you to prove who's more killy

Mortarion. I wanna test the limits of medical technology in the far future and touching something that rancid should provide a fitting challenge. Also because fuck Mortarion and his anti-psykers bullshit, he had literally no reason to hate psykers and still did for some reason.

it couldn't come sooner
seriously i haven't been this hyped since halo 3 came out when i was a wee lad

Some heavy overhaul have been long overdue to fix 40k. Working out all armies at once could work and if the rules are free there is no reason to not patch shit up if some units/wargear/whatever turns out to be out of hand.

It'd be a good death

>he had literally no reason to hate psykers

Barbarus was filled with Necromancy bullshit.

>copay
look at the american and laugh at his backwards ways

with the climate today that would be genuinely dangerous, he'd get pepper sprayed five times and then dragged into the middle of a black block and beat to death

also to stay on topic why don't we hear anything about riots in BL stories? even ciaphas cain never has a old fashion riot that isn't meme-stealers

why can my judge dread wannabes never get a spotlight?

The Gothic War series features a Marshal and his arbitrators crushing a heretic filled ghetto one block at a time. You can find it in here:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Yeah, the new fluff has too many named characters coming together from across the galaxy, it's starting to feel like a bad anime.

I've been following this blog recently ironsleet.com and these guys seem to capture the atmosphere of the setting far better than the current batch of official writers.

seriously if fucking scions and gene stealer cults can get rules fucking Arbites might as well

i fap just thinking about how the models would look and the kit bashing opportunities it opens up

We're currently thinking an early-summer release, right? How are they going to keep up their daily teases for a full two months? We've already gone over what seems like half the phases. Do they start talking about specific factions, or..?

What's this meme I hear about the old Imperial Fists being wiped out completely? Is it true the chapter was destroyed and replaced by others?

Does anyone have the picture of a warhammer model dedicated to Khorne and his arms and legs have been replaced with chainswords?

They wouldn't even have to be full rules. A small alliance based army that functions like the Fallen would work out fine.

I'm kind of disappointed that from what we've seen so far, there will be a big gap between competent assault units and everyone else when it comes to close combat. I like the idea of guardsmen or even fire warriors sometimes actually pushing forward and taking the fight to the enemy. But now it seems they will be pretty much always better off holding back and shooting. It might still be balanced, but it kind of takes away some of the fun for me.

My guess is mid-May release for the free rules, last week of May, if this does include the faction books then last week of May for the Starter set with a release date for the first week of June. If the faction books are a separate release then either the free rules get released a week earlier or the starter a week later.

Whatever happens its safe to say that around the middle of May we'll have the new edition.

exactly, give them 4+ armor, power mauls, WS/BS 3+, assault grenades and rhinos to assault out of to make a nice choppy army to pair with my guard

but I'm sure people have been begging for Arbites as long as custodes at this point

I could see it that it could basically be a restructured Guard army, replacing platoons with BS3 vets, give them access to Repressors and shotguns, let them take shock mauls (CCW with Concussive or whatever) and riot shields for melee duty, some lighter tanks and bob's your uncle.

If you move within 1'' of the enemy they are effectively in 'almost' assault, they can only fire with pistols and must move back if they wish to fire anything else, its a nice change that gunline armies will have to move more or half their guns are useless.

We don't have the assault rules yet user. Hopefully we'll have good news tomorrow.

you mean the Fight phase

The time to charge as guard is pretty simple to me. If you have board space behind you then you can wait to disengage from the combat and continue to pull back, but if you're back is against a wall then it's better to charge than be charged since at least you would get to go first. It's more of a desperation play but at least it's something.

i hope you're army isn't pic related because they're the pinnicle of all or nothing melee units

you either get 3-4 attacks on the charge with S6-7 rending or AP2, or you you suck so bad in melee literally anything stronger than a squad of fire warriors with tarpit you all game

>Yeah, the new fluff has too many named characters coming together from across the galaxy, it's starting to feel like a bad anime.

Christ, I hate that. I'd be OK with a handful of viewpoint characters who you follow because it's cool to have a narrative thread, but when literally all the most important people in the galaxy except the high lords of terra meet up and have a fight five times in every single book, it gets to ridiculous even for 40k.

It's in the Beast Arises series. Basically, it's totally true. They are wiped out to a man and replaced by marines drawn from their successor chapters (who aren't that different at the time).

>why can my judge dread wannabes never get a spotlight?
because the recent judge dredd comics are shit and 2000ad is dead
it's pain my brother

I was until today

my hope is everyone comes together at the start of this crusade and then they all split off to do their thing since the galaxy is so vast

super friends has never been a plot i loved, which is one of many reasons the lore for MTG sucks the warmest cock

Veeky Forums if the Scarab Occult Terminators were some of the finest psykers in the legion, and the rubric of ahriman only dusted those without psychic potential, then why were the Scarab Occult dusted?

Fight phase indeed.

You cant move within 1" unless youve charged

Emperor for being most overrated ruler in history of fiction.

just watch the movie from a few years back and pretend its a movie about the arbites in a hive city

seriously if you squint your eyes at a few parts it makes since, also its an amazing movie

I'm not sure sure. I could see some cases where of you know a squad is going to charge your gunline, you could blast them with a bit of shooting and rush in. You'll get to strike first, so you may be able to wear them down a bit. Then they either have to deal with the squad in their face ore fall back as you get to shoot them again.

Plus it's less risky, since you can also use that to temporarily delay a similarly weak unit, then fall back when you're ready to deal with them

Nah, I do orks, genestealer cultists and admech, so I'm mostly good (ork are all at least competent in melee, GC are better than guard at least and admech... well, yeah, they are necron tier).

Because they weren't top tier, only upper mid.

You really think it's better to charge instead of firing another volley of lasguns (probably with rapid fire) and then fire again with overwatch?

Bump

this is why close combat will always be garbage

they can fire twice for every one go you get, and they can attack you in combat as well

> Why don't we ever see non-xenos/chaos riots

Because the Arbites see Shotguns, Choke Gas, and Frag Grenades as appropriate crowd control?

Why? You can shoot one more time then OW which is clearly a better use of your skill set.

What the hell is she holding. Is that a plasma pistol?

too large a barrel, shotgun, volkite? that would wreck any rioters fast but god knows where she got it

probably a non existent gun the artist thought looked cool

Is the Emperor of Mankind human?

It used to feel like a vast setting, but by having loads of characters meeting up constantly it really shrinks it. The story may as well be happening on one world for all the difference space and warp travel seems to make anymore.

When you compare the old Armageddon or eye of terror codexes to the gathering storm stuff, they felt like they were made to fit your dudes stories into it, but now your dudes are just little background characters while the protagonists sort everything out amongst themselves.

that would just mean the only riots that happen are larger and more militant

gassing and shooting into crowds doesn't always work if the riot gets way out of control before you can respond, and in a hive of billions thats possible

Looks like a volkite weapon, which seems unlikely.

This is why combat meeds to have a distinct advantage, which it won't have unless GW does something drastic. Give everyone a -1 to save modifier in CC or something.

>is the God emperor of mankind a man?
hey user the commissar has been looking for you.

Yep. About 100 of them smushed together.

The idea of an Arbite with a Volkite is hilarious.

Maybe it's an Interrogator who's career started in the Arbites? That power maul does look it might be one of the actual deadly variants.

Sweeping advance has been the advantage of melee since editions past. Just the potential of killing one dude might lead to wiping out the whole unit.

He's a Perpetual which is like a magical human?

I should add one thing in the gathering storms favour is that the book smells fantastic.

WHERE DID YOU GO?

I was searchin' SEARCHIN' on a one-way street,
I was hopin' HOPIN' for a chance to meet.
I was waitin' for the operator on the line.

SHE'S GONE SO LONG What can I do?
WHERE COULD SHE BE? No no no,
don't know what I'm gonna do,
I gotta get back to you.

You gotta slow down SLOW DOWN sweet talkin' woman SLOW DOWN
You got me runnin' RUN RUN you got me searchin'.
Hold on HOLD ON sweet talkin' lover HOLD ON
It's so sad if that's the way it's over.

I was WALKIN' many days go by,
I was thinkin' THINKIN' 'bout the lonely nights.
Communication breakdown all around.

I gotta get back to you.

> That means the only riots would be larger and more militant

So... Genecults and Heretics? It'd be hard to convince THAT many people to join your cause without something for them to rally around.

used to that was the case, the higher your strength the more your attacks rended, my hope is stuff like chainswords are -1 rend, making assault marines dope again

>what if you could buy weapons to give gaunts -1 rends?

rallying around a lack of fucking food or living under an oppressive planetary governor would be pretty good
humans have been rioting ever since civilization started and non of them were alien hybrids or worshipping eldritch gods

what faction in 40k is the most lovecraftian?
im thinking its a split between necrons, nids, and chaos

74th for 2d6 charge

Look and laugh at the European as his countries/cities burn down all around him because of the human waste he has bought into his country from 3rd world shitholes.

You fucks will never learn

Cults and muties

What does Commorragh actually look like on the ground?

As said.

It is quite easy to find people a reason to riot.

Imperium would probably not give a single fuck about riot as long as taxes are paid, xeno purged and chaos not worshipped nobody would give a fuck about hanging of some governor.
If he got overthrowed it means he was a bad governor and new one will probably administrate planet better.

So rioting against governor but not Imperium might not be as bad idea as one may think.

You gotta slow down SLOW DOWN sweet talkin' woman SLOW DOWN

I've been livin' LIVIN' on a dead end street,
I've been askin' ASKIN' KINDLY everybody I meet.
Insufficient data coming through.

I gotta get back to you.

Oh, slow down SLOW DOWN sweet talkin' woman SLOW DOWN

Slow down SLOW DOWN sweet talkin' woman SLOW DOWN
You got me runnin', you got me searchin'.

Who says there's a ground?

well the first question is which ground do you mean?
incomprehensible hellscape sums it up well

like one of them cities from lovecraft that the shoggoths live in. Giant black spikes with occassional dots of light on them extending into a smog that sits about cloud level.

Well, they have to stand somewhere.

Commorragh bases are the concern here. I have no idea where to even start.

As a total noob with strong attachment to my doods, I kinda want to see what narrative battles are all about, plus knowing I didn't waste my money on these few models is fairly encouraging.

Rather than /hypefor8th/ I'm /hopeforthebest/

Post your kitbashes, now!

See: Madworld (now with edgy elves)

well necrons literally have dead gods from beyond time that are not fully dead, and one of their characters literally has an ability called "when the stars are right" or something, also all their technology gives the middle finger to reality and usually breaks multiple laws of physics

Genestealer cults. Literally Shadow over Innsmouth in space.

Would a revenant Titan be out of place in an Iyanden all wraith army? Pic semi related, not mine just taken off google.

I'd take a swing at Cato Sicarius if he wouldn't get another title because someone broke their hand on his stupid indestructable face.

I wouldn't expect the platoon and hws to last long, since it'll eat all the anti infantry.

I'd probably cut something to use your third heavy slot, or at least break up your wyvrens

I love the way that titan is looking at the camera.

> You seeing this shit?

>8th edition will still have TLOS
>no standardized volume by base size
JUST FUCK MY EDITION UP

Not to helpful but, here you go. I've just done a black dirt sort of thing with dry brushed grey over it.

Nice quads by the way

>Well, they have to stand somewhere.
I'm afraid it's spires all the way down.

Yes, but they'd probably all fall into the cults out of desperation, because they're kinda everywhere and looking specifically to pick up people who can't take how horrible their lives are and are willing to join up with whoever offers them a chance to change it.

It's spires all the way down.

Alternatively, you could have them on pure white sand, which they use for their arenas so it shows the blood better. Or, go for something like the metal deck of a raider, or just the floor one would expect o, the balcony of one of those spires, probably black stone, metal, or tile.

Any sort of 'floor' of the city would be pitch black, a terrible place to visit let alone live, and possible just be a thin veil of web way structure with the warp on the other side. Or it might just be a huge abyss.

Either way, have them standing anywhere but the ground, because the ground makes no sense.