One of my player characters might be pregnant

One of my player characters might be pregnant.

What manner of early signs and symptoms might there be that could come up during the adventure, and how to portray these in a subtle enough manner that it's not immediately obvious where it's going?

Pregnancy is basically one of the oldest human states and oldest tropes in stories.

Everyone knows all the signs, because it's basically inherent to being human to recognize these things.

Even in the IRL, if a girl throws up once in the morning people start wondering if she is pregnant, even if she is obviously sick.

Enter google.
Type "early symptoms of pregnancy".
Choose some that aren't obvious.
Reference them in general terms to that player, initally related to other events.
Then again later when there's nothing that could obviously have triggered them.

Morning nausea and abdominal pains.

There isn't much of a way to hide it. If you say "you wake up and feel nauseous" then someone is bound to say, even if just as a joke, "lol she pregnant!". You could try to smuggle it in at an opportune moment, like they eat something at a tavern that you described as shitty and unclean.

>lol she pregnant!
>she
>implying

How do you even determine these things?

I mean if it's a plot-heavy narrative game, then sure, I guess you just decide when it'd be dramatically appropriate, but what if it's an old-school sandbox or some shit and you want to roll it randomly?

Graft FATAL's rules for it onto your system of choice.

If you're remotely serious, could you post those? The whole thing's got like a million pages I'd rather drudge through if I had the opportunity to be lazy.

Roll a d100. Pregnancy on 3 or less.

I'm no doctor, but that seems like terribly low odds.

Random cravings for weird food, or even, sometimes, something inedible.

>How do you even determine these things?

1. Start jacking off under the table while thinking about the PC
2. Roll some dice
3. Say that the PC became pregnant
4. Nut on PC's character sheet to establish dominance
5. Smear it all over the player's face

It's still a game. Would YOU want your character pregnant nearly as much as IRL chances?

A sudden desire to eat pickles and dirt

Generally women are the ones who get pregnant, user.

>Roll a d100. Pregnancy on 3 or less.

I assume there would be modifiers of various types, such as where she was on her cycle.

Usually the fact that she no longer bleeds from her crotch once a month is a pretty big giveaway. Other than that, morning sickness. Maybe a little volatility or cravings, but those would be things they have to roleplay not things you could tell them like the fact that they are sick or missed their period.

>I assume there would be modifiers of various types, such as where she was on her cycle.

3% blanket odds would probably take all that into account already.

First thing first.

What fucked the character?

Another character.

Virgins think morning sickness is called that because you get sick during the morning. Jesus christ

And what system are you using? Pathfinder?

Bring up similar stuff on all other players on occasion. Mention how the rogue got ill, but don't mention it was after they snuck through sewers or something. Describe the spring flu getting to the party. Tell them of the really disgustingly greasy food the inn serves.

It will not only mask the sudden nausea of the girl in question, but it will help build immersion and have the players feel the characters' trials more in general.

A miscarriage

I understand it can occur throughout the day, but can you explain why it is called morning sickness, if not for this exact misconception?

All of the following are signs that you might be having a pregnant.
>Disorientation
>Nausea
>Funny smell
>Baldness
>Loss of appetite
>Urge to take a wicked piss
>Jaundice
>Allodoxaphobia
>Forgetting where you put your keys
>Goblins

It could be a seahorseman

I bet you don't even know any signs other than morning sickness without googling.

Cravings, the other meme symptom

All right, but what symptoms would nonhuman races have? How do you know an orc is pregnant? What of nonmammals, such as dragons and kobolds and lizardfolk?

I wonder if orcs can reabsorb their unborn like most mammals. Seems like it would be a pretty good survival strategy for them.

Is the baby human?

I would think that orc fetuses struggle back and try to absorb their mother by force.

A battle of wills, one that a mother, if she's ill or traumatized or otherwise extraordinarily weak both mentally and physically, may fail.

But what happens if she does? Will the baby take over its mother's body, or will it just burst out of her fully formed?

The former option wouldn't ensure the proliferation of the species unless almost every pregnancy consisted of twins or triplets or more. The burst-out option seems more plausible, since it still gives the mother the chance to recover.

I mean I'm not saying it'd happen often. Orc mothers are strong. One pregnancy in a thousand, one in a ten thousand maybe.

So it'd probably have very little impact in the species proliferation as a whole.

How would it be different if it weren't?

Well, let's just say you don't want to get get asspregnant with a clown demon's parasitic eggs.

It'd unpleasant for everyone involved.

Yeah, but I mean how would it change the topic of the thread? How would the symptoms differ from a regular pregnancy?

Would be interesting.
If the mother dies, the fetus starts pumping blood to keep the womb alive so it can survive a few more weeks or maybe a month to develop.

The first symptoms of being impregnated by a xenomorph would be a baby alien bursting out of your chest.

>The first symptoms of being impregnated by a xenomorph would be a baby alien bursting out of your chest.

What if it were something slightly less horrendous, and, say, a half-dragon or cambion was growing within you? Would that be any different from it being fully human?

It could be whatever you want, OP. If you already had a human impregnated by a fucking dragon, then everything is fucking possible.

What does /pol/ have to do with this you fucking oversensitive troglodyte?

I believe that was a joke.

What if the mother isn't human?

>women
>human

Not sure I understand.

He's from /r9k/.