Armor is Sexy

Seeing as this board is full of both raging armor autists and /d/-tier degenerates, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels this way.
You ever see a huge, bulky armor and wish you were inside it? Like wearing it must feel amazing? I get that all the time, for all manner of both fantasy and sci-fi armors, as long as they cover everything up. The fuller coverage, the better. The best are those times you can barely even tell a person is supposed to be inside there.
Please tell me it's not just me.
Also, armor thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeovestism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deindividuation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your fetishes are getting really specific, OP, i'll post armor when i get home.

"Heavy full armor" isn't even that specific?

Armor that has that really snug, enviro-seal, perfectly interlocked feel is amazing. I really, really like power armor.

The more complex the better. Muscle-suits are cool - hydraulic joints are cool - why not one on top of the other? Why not magitek power armor inscribed with runes?

Destiny is really hitting my marks in that regard, though I wish the underlying suit was bulkier, and maybe had some mechanized joints in there.

It it was up to me I would never leave the house without a fully environmentally sealed suit of armor

Yes
It is best in life

Unless we're talking my setting, in which case the exo-frame is your own metal cage

I'd love to get my hands on one of these babies and open up a big can of fuck-em-up juice on some xenos.

My taste in pre-modern/sci fi armor is easier to place or quantify than my taste in post-modern or sci fi armor.

For the past I generally like realistic looks for everything but plate, plate being where I actually prefer low fantasy (Ornstein from Dark souls, some of the various protagonist armor but not something like havel's plate) to real armor.

Sci fi though it's hard for me to say or describe quite what I like beyond I know it when I sees it:
-I love the Tau's armor and battlesuits a lot.
-I have not liked some of the more recent halo armor where the skintight nature of sections makes him look more lightly armored than in the past.
-I loved Xcom2012's power armor, I really did not like Xcom2's power armor. The former was more thick but not space marine level, the latter was more skintight crysis.
-Loved a lot of the cyberpunk armor in Deus Ex.

So I guess I like more polygonal or sharp angles as opposed to smooth lines. Space Marine power armor is smooth lines if bulky. I don't dislike it, but I also am not enamored of it.

Pic is Xcom2012 armor ported over. Next will be Xcom2's power armor

This is Xcom2 power armor. The helmets were also notoriously bad in that at best you had a major gap with the neck and lower jaw visible. That was fixed with an early release of a tac-mask and then lots of ported over helmets but it had the same principle of looking too light for power armor.

These are both really hot armors I'd get sealed inside forever if I could. Shame the artists had to ruin the images by revealing the human wearer. Dehumanization is a big part of the appeal of hueg armor to me.

Thinking about it further I'd say my biggest jam are battlesuits intermediate between power armor and a mech. MECs, battlesuits, I really like the 40k centurion armor and honestly if you edit a dreadknight and remove the xibit yo dawg by putting a helmet and encompassing chestpiece it goes from fucking stupid to fucking amazing.

And in retrospect it's pretty much the issue everyone encountered with Xcom2012 MECs. No helmet and it looked dorky having a small human head on a giant mec. Slap a helmet on and it looked legit.

Environmental Seals are about the least comfortable thing imaginable.

t.Certified HAZMAT Technician.

How are these?

At the same time I also love heavily ornamented or worn-down power armor, because it's comfy to know that no matter how scrappy the outside of your armor is, the inside is still all sealed up.

Also a big fan of ANYTHING that shows users being suited up. Fucking sweet.
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

>Dehumanization is a big part of the appeal of hueg armor to me.

A bit too bulky for my tastes but it's good if you're going for a more 'realistic' feel, I feel like.

>thinking the enviro seals on a hyper-advanced suit of power armor would be exactly like modern bag-head enviro suits

>exposed face
0/10 would not get sealed inside

Honestly when you consider warfare in even pre-modern times being even more than today's "90% bored shitless 10% scared shitless" but rather "92% walking, 6% fatigues, 2% fighting" I can completely understand someone like Vegetius saying soldiers tried to get out of wearing armor whenever possible.

Considering the warp the chaos lord has dealt with I am not sure if a face cover would do much good.

>Power armor is basically a fursuit for people who want to be robots
...and that day, I learned I was an Admech

Only 80's kids will le remember this.

>all that exposed skin
Disgusting.

>too bulky
No such thing

My gripes with bulky power armor are
>can I move in it without the joints snapping my bones right the fuck out?
>can I look behind me if I need to?

It'd be comfy to be in full-enclosure, environmentally regulated armor in really shit weather or hostile environments.

Just being out in a hideous storm, listening to the freezing rain lash against your protective shell and being warm and dry in the padded interior of your suit.

And old-school armor best armor.

Capt'fucking Power

All depends on the tech level. Early hermetically sealed would probably resemble old school diving suits and the like in leaving you a sweaty miserable wreck of flesh you can't even reach up and scratch your nose with. Basically think slightly better than WW2 or Cold war era tank. But solid fantasy and it could be real comfy.

Couldn't find a good "battered termie armor" pic :( settles for my fav Chaos Lord.

Looking behind you? That's what the panoramic camera system is for.

Maybe have an emergency wing mirror pop out if you lose power or something.

>scratch your nose
That and itchy eyes are going to be quite a thing to deal with in armor you can't take off because the environment out there will kill you if you do.

This is why I especially like power armor that goes a science-fantasy route, or has fantasy elements. Because a sealed suit of armor basically makes the romanticized dream of being the wandering warrior, clad in shining armor, braving wind and storm and sands somewhat practical. Since you have much more stamina, armor you wouldn't get sick of carrying, and AC.

Lot of "flesh is weak" types in this thread. To each their own, I'll stick to being able to exit my armor.

Unlike non-powered armor, you'd need pretty serious climate control for powered armor as a baseline or you'd cook the wearer since whatever is powering the suit is going to generate a lot of heat and the motive system will conduct that heat all around the suit. If you're going to have to install a system to keep them alive, you might as well make one that can keep them comfortable.

On of the big things they want exoskeletons for in real life is to allow soldiers to carry cooling systems, since being at optimal temperature helps to boost physical performance and reduces the risk of heat injuries, which is a major risk for armored soldiers in hot countries.

>can't even scratch your nose

Astronauts just glue a little bit of velcro into their helmet.

THIS. This is what I live for. Old-school aesthetics and hypertech, brought together in harmony.

>can't even reach up and scratch your nose
That's why all my power armor (or mech suit) ideas use a sort of lucid dream state control system. Pretty much the only thing that is active while you are in the suit is your brain for basic life support functions, while the suit reads motor impulses for control and feeds back impulses to your senses for situational awareness. When you are in the suit, you pretty much become the suit.

>tfw you remember, for a brief moment, why you still go on Veeky Forums

Dude. That is hot as fuck.

I like armor that shows as little of the skin as possible, and preferably none of the face. However, I still want the armor to look somewhat light, at least light enough that you can reasonably sit down in it.

I think its the mysteriousness and anonymity of the faceless armor that I like. Whenever I've worn stuff like that, or gas masks and uniforms that provide similar anonymity, it always feels good. Like I could be anyone, and do anything.

I also like armor that you could feasibly not take off between missions and still get around just fine.

I'm a big fan of semi-bowl helmets. Less raygun gothic and more the EVA helmet from Halo. I like the idea of the glass being polarized so you can switch between being faceless and allowing people to see you. Helmets that retract, like in Dead Space, are also cool.

It always concerns me when power armor helmets only have cameras and barely any "glass". I imagine the cameras being shot out and you don't even have a fractured faceplate to look out of, you're just blind.

I ain't even played Dark Souls, and I will say: that armor is the sexiest fantasy armor I have ever seen and hits the balance between being distinct while still being protective.

I think I prefer the bulkier fuckhueg armors because I'm a girl, and the less the armored silhouette resembles my own body,
the more detached I feel from myself. Like it helps me to become more of someone else, or to lose all sense of identity entirely until I am only the suit. But that could just be me and my weird dehumanization fetish.

I think the term "dehumanization fetish" is throwing me.

Though I use that a lot in setting design. I especially love having one race or faction that refuses to show any skin. Lots of rags and armor and goggles and masks. It's mysterious.

Same reason I like oldschool druids/shamans. With lots of amulets and robes and a big spooky mask. It makes them seem like something "other". Whether that's good or evil depends on the individual.

For old settings, I like the medieval helmet look that dark souls and crusaders have. For modern and future settings, I prefer gas masks over any other kind of facial protection. It's not a fetish thing for me though. I've worn gas masks before and you feel like a totally different person, like I'd be willing to do things I would never normally do without a mask on.

so, literal xenophilia?

eh im more of a big evil mecha kinda guy

bonus points if a woman is force to pilot it/used as parts

nudes plz

Man Halo 5 armors still make me sick. I like plated enviro-suit with an emphasis on form and factor.

How?

well, in this case we're using the definition of 'Xeno' as 'strange' and 'otherness'.

Less a dehumanization and more just an inhumanization.

>my weird dehumanization fetish.
It's not that weird, just look at all the posts before yours where people talk about how they feel they can do things while masked they could never do with out a mask.
Unless, of course, you are talking about sexual things, but then again that isn't so strange either.

The blank face plate/mask is popular for good reason.

There are a lot of people in this thread talking about the things they'd be willing to do while wearing masks that they wouldn't otherwise perform. They seem fairly attached the idea.

I wonder if it what would happen if I were to remove an user's mask.

They wouldn't feel confident enough to shitpost.

You know, that's kind of a horrible thought, Wearing masks of this sort allow you the ability to be sort of faceless, and like the other guys said, you feel very different when your face is totally covered. War-crime like horror will probably become more common if we have full body suits. Just a thought.

How do you feel about Ghar Battlesuits OP? Got any love for non-humanoid armour?

Join the Skittarii, all the joy of being more machine than man, with none of the theology and hundreds of years of education required to be an actual tech-priest.

I'm just muckin' about
Also not WAR CRIMES

>Not posting at least some art/ideas for the original power armor.
Lads, please...

Fuck me, the pic didn't upload...

That's why your helmet shouldn't have one camera. It should have dozens of them scattered all over the suit. What you see on the inside is just a composite feed.

If I could get away with it I like the idea of "soft" power armor, essentially it would be artifical muscle suit but with the means to let you wear it for extended periods of time, sort of like a Still Suit but less stinky.

One in particular I have been thinking of for a setting would have adjustable muscles that can move and rectract and expand to fit the bodyshape of the user. Most of the body is covered except for the toes and fingers and the crotch area so you can poop and pee without obstruction and more importantly it can be worn under clothing although it would have to be tailored to allow for the battery plates that are connected to the upper arms and thighs

>this thread
I like it

I can kind of get that.
Masked characters are childlike in a way. They have no gender or age, they are blank slates. They are just bodies in motion. You can tell who they are by what they do, you can tell what they feel by how they act. There isn't all this extra baggage that comes with expressions and body identity.

Its tiring, day after day to see figures that betray age, agendas, ego. Figures that constantly project a life full of desire. It can be imposing to see humans.

A covered figure projects nothing. It is charming because it doesn't impose a life full of problems and complexities onto the viewer, it just is. Good or bad the figure goes about it's business expressing joys and sorrows and silences in the moment. And in those silences the mask just stares and lets the world be.

The mask is pure

>I wonder if it what would happen if I were to remove an user's mask.
It would be extremely painful.

Yeah, it's pretty stuck on there. The skin would probably come with it.

That's user face you're pulling, not a mask. Years of calloused acne scars produced such a marvel

Shit man I was just baneposting

This is heavy

How about a mix of high fantasy and sci-fi?

Mechasuit?

Mechasuit

Hey, me too, near as I can tell it's a sexual arousal similar to Homeovestism, but I don't get it from the thoughts of regular clothes, only really big encasing armor

Glad to hear I'm not the only one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeovestism
Wikipedia link for those who think I'm trolling, no this is an actual documented thing

>not having a mic hooked up to a PA system on your power armor
It's like you're embarrassed to let everyone know how good it feels when pop off one of those grenade launchers. Don't get me started on how good a missile feels when the kicker charge goes off. That deep bass THWUMP! followed a split second later by the guttural FWEEeeeee!! as the motor kicks in, and that sensory feedback as the system registers all those white hot sparks dancing over the front half of your armored shell.
If you feel you need to hide that Ecstasy from the world, I just don't know what sort of a prude you must be. You probably have a translucent faceplate. I just don't even know.

I believe that this is actually a studied effect where making yourself "faceless" makes it easier to be violent and commit crimes. Hence why groups like Antifa tend to be so psychotic.

I've always had a particular boner for the GITS Armsuits and Appleseed Hardsuits, something about the thought of a suit encasing, and working with the user, both in ways that enhance their capabilities and work alongside them

Kind of like the Battle Couple trope, but dehumanized, if that makes any sense

Idk, the dick wants what the dick wants, trying to rationalize it probably won't go anywhere productive, but have my ramblings

Yeah, it's an effect called deindividuation (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deindividuation)

Basically, you stop being an individual, and start to become one of the faceless masses, and thus are unaccountable for any action you take. At least that's what you're thinking in your mind.

Why are those HMG's air cooled?
I'm assuming this is not an airborne weapons platform.