/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Stretch Goals (Or "Just take the drugs!") Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/eclipse-phase-second-edition
eclipsephase.com/ep-and-disabled
youtube.com/watch?v=3dGj9h8ggCc
youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gSV35A1cQDM
youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has anyone ever done a slice of life game in EP?

Is simulspace just as good as reality?

If so, I find it really hard to believe anyone would care about real life anymore. The only reason we don't spend all our time in the virtual TODAY is because it can't replicate the feelings of reality, just make a shadow of an imitation of it. And we still spend half our lives immersed in media, even with its limitations of experience.

Beyond doing what's needed to sustain the virtual life, why bother with reality when virtual reality is even better?

kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/eclipse-phase-second-edition

Currently at 90k, 10 away from the pictured supplement.

Full blown slight of life? No (though IIRC some lunatic made a Maid RPG/EP mash-up) but I have run non Firewall "normal" games of investigation/etc before.

The only way to get the simulspace to create your dream reality is to spend a lot. The only way to spend that much money is to work in the real world.

Wish I had money, I'd like to do my part and give to this.

I doubt it's impossible to just pirate shit, or be a really good coder. Processing power doesn't seem to be a major issue anymore. Do you have to have your own server to have your own dream reality or something?

Would this be a good system to use for a netrunner campaign or should I look into shadowrun instead?

>Is simulspace just as good as reality?

EP takes place in a TITAN simspace, so as far as any of the characters know, yes

>eclipsephase.com/ep-and-disabled
This is the purest form of cancer. "Disability as a form of fashion statement" can sum up this "I don't want to be fixed"-BS

"I never asked for this"

Why does eclipse phase attract these kinds of people?

>eclipsephase.com/ep-and-disabled

In what fucking world is cerebral Palsy a "life style choice?"

Yeah, you need specific hardware for good simulspace the books even note most people do not have a "home" server, they need to connect via a hardline to an external service for the best quality.

Let's look at it another way though.

We, the audience, sometimes get butthurt that EP tries to tell us religion has mostly died out of the main stream. Because of all the cultural baggage, the influence it has on historical culture and the fact that some of them have survived so long.

So, think about it this way - humans have been developing ways to cope with disabilities since we have existed. In the modern period, there are serious cultures and communities developed to handling problems like deafness or blindness. They would be opposed to the idea that you can just rub transhumanism on the problem and do away with it - it would completely destroy their internal culture. Similarly, if a person lives their whole life without the ability to see, they may not be interested in gaining that ability - they feel perfectly fine as a person and don't want to risk their self-identity or image by gaining sight.

Pretty much yes.

You can even imagine blind people jacking up their hearing up to 11 and get fucking sonar and shit like bats.

Considering some deaf people destroy the ear drums of their children you kind of have a point.

But this guy is right this really is cancer. These kind of people are people who hate the idea of themselves being just another face in the crowd and try to make themselves special or different.

Oh god no, a player wanting to be unique in a an RPG how horrible.

Literal "male human fighter" shitposting.

>Oh god no, a player wanting to be unique in a an RPG how horrible.
>Literal "male human fighter" shitposting.
Hi everyone I'm a genderfluid catkin who has self diagnosed OCD and Aspergers. Please donate to my Patron so I don't have to work a boring 9 to 5 job. .

Hi, I'm Jose veteran of Jovian armed forces and have a power armor, chainsaw and a lot of rockets. Please donate to my Patreon and for each 10k creds I'll kill Mr.Catkin once. And for 20k I'll use some of my imagination to do it spectacularly.

Dude, if you just ignore her, she'll go away.

>Just take the drugs
That is cortical stack, not a pill.

So how would you remake Jovians in 2nd edition ?
I would basically throw away the whole "new Jovian identity" concept and present them as US in exile, together with some nationalists from Earth and South America.
Tuned up patriotism up to 100%, make more influences from 80s Reagan USA but with added technology. Public rejection of transhumanism, while scientists and army make all kinds of cutting edge super soldiers to retake Earth. Make their army basically hardened super experienced veterans with cyber-psychosis. Think Kilgore in power suit and cyber implants, dropping on Martian settlement from orbit and wasting whole area.

youtube.com/watch?v=3dGj9h8ggCc

youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI

I want to take a faction of bland, politically charged, and ridiculously smeared cartoon villains, then turn them into a faction of bland, politically charged, and ridiculously wanked cartoon heroes.

They are only ridiculousl to you commie.

Is that what Pods are supposed to look like? That's super cute.

>I want to take a faction of bland, politically charged, and ridiculously smeared cartoon villains
Jovians
>villains
I guess you are not able to think for yourself, huh? If you read the setting they are actually good guys, and one of the last remaining larger groups of organized human survivors.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gSV35A1cQDM

Yeah, that's the art direction for pods.

>luddites in future are good guys
Spoken like a true american.

Ehh, the base is ok. But authors really pushed it too much. Starting with somehow sweeping all the space around Jupiter in a couple of minutes.

Make the war for Jove as people shouting at each other over radio while missiles are en-route to their targets. Probably some of them will hit what they were supposed to hit but before everyone is dead a little cooler heads prevail and through some bloodshed take the leading positions. Remaining missiles are sent either on Jupiter or out of the Solar System.

Jovians remain biocons and their general outlook on transhumanity doesn't change much. The biggest changes are to socio-political map of the Republic itself - US, Russian and Chinese parts don't integrate seamlessly and actually have their own enclaves with certain habs having dominant populations. Plus there is refugees from Earth, mostly from South America which are even when given full citizen rights still must deal with prejudice. Government actually tries to make something more monolithic out of this mess but cultural divides are too big to make it work in just 10 years.

Also no retarded names for habs.

>Also no retarded names for habs.
Reminder.

They don't know how they're gonna do it yet, but part of the intent with Whispering Muse is to get new EP writers, so they'll be having some kind of open submission for it if it funds - so if you wanted a clean shot at writing for EP your chance might be coming.

>not playing as elite Jovian unit
>not using US styled power armor to hunt down transtrash

Jovian soldier vs Transhumans

Jovian recon squad on Earth

>Psst..wanna try transhumanism kids?

Don't you have your own general?

Transhumanism is Bill Nye looping Sex Junk through the mind of a "rescued" Jovian child, forever.

THIS

>not this time transtrash scum!

I want a Jovian! How can I get my hands on one? They barely allow regular tourism, let alone sex tourism, so my best bet is to smuggle it out, right? How much would I have to offer to indenture it?

This thread belongs to humanity now!

Just stand up against that wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

Dear god that was a terrible movie.

I'm saying that as someone who sees the first movie as an appalling atrocity against the novel. Even considering that, the third movie was an atrocity against the first movie.

Song is good though

>Transhumanism is Bill Nye looping Sex Junk through the mind of a "rescued" Jovian child, forever.

Can somebody write Bill Nye as an corrupted exsurgent ?

Song is amusing but terrible

Jovian fags, please go. Sincerely, your gate crashers trying to find humanity a new home.

You do realize they're just shitposting at this point right?

What's a practical reason to justify a humanoid morph with reptilian features like scales?

Does there need to be a practical reason?

PS just added a new $10 tier designed to get new people in - includes the fiction anthology, the setting information, and the 1E quick start to be delivered right away if you back. Also some of their custom music.

>stretch goal for 2E rewrite includes 1E quick start

Because it's neat?

Yeah, but this 10 package gets you the 1E quick start within 24 hours of backing as opposed to... sometime later in 2017. It's if you want to jump into the game now, not later.

No idea why you would though, since it's a KS for the 2nd Ed.

irl shitposting

We have the griefer for that

Griefers are easymode irl shitposting

How would you overthrow the Jovian Republic?

Where would you even start? What would be your first move?

Veeky Forums

Do you have any GM advice for running a game where all players are Synergy colonists who are visiting Transhumanity's home solar system? They'll be linked together into a temporary tiny group mind (a refresher: group minds are different from true hiveminds because members still retain their individuality) until they return to the full Synergy one after they finish their task. Their primary task will be as emissaries/diplomats but they'll be drawn into a mystery.

So basically you want to ignore all the facts and basic conceits of the setting to fanwank the Jovians hard?

I am trying to find the EP adventure where the players find a chimera of themselves at the very end. I have been looking around for a bit and still no luck.

Dude, you don't have to sugar-coat it. Everyone can see that he is retarded;

I'd rather turn them into an actual Democratic-Republic with checks and balances like the United States. Also, keep religion out of the government while none-the-less having religion being personally important to citizens. Finally, the culture will be conservative (with 60% right-of-center conservatism & 40% authoritarian right evangelical style conservatism) with a mix of emotional and actually very logical arguments against Transhumanism, Nanotech & AGIs being abundant. Classical Humanism has also come back BIG time.

Any technology which externally improves without radically changing humanity is permitted. Cybernetics is still a hot issue for debate, seeing as it only replaces flesh and does not fundamentally change the human species in an inheritable fashion (and, of course, the military still uses it anyway--which will be a presidential veto and countless federal job lows (at best) causing big scandal if leaked).

*60% right-of-center libertarian conservatism.

*job losses.

Not the Jovian fag, but I can understand where he is coming from. I love EP, and am a bit of a transhumanist myself, but there are ways to make the faction appear more logical while still being at odds with everyone else. Make the belief that reshelling basically kills people. How forking works seems to support the premise that the original consciousness is just deleted/gone in most instances. Although I would say you don't even need to change the setting to do this. Its merely how the GM interprets what is written and how they present it that can lead to them just being a bunch of bible thumpers in space or lead them to be a bunch of conservative humans that fear the self extinction of their species and everything they value.

I think it might be chain reaction, but am not sure.

Also, these Jovians are not openly hostile toward Transhumanity but still quarantine themselves from said non-humans. They also retain that paranoid self-defense tendency.

Doesn't look like it, but it might be an alternative to what I am looking for. In the beginning of the adventure the party wakes up from being dead resleeved in cheap bodies.

Looks like it may be ego hunter.

but that wouldn't have the chimera at the end. Maybe I am mixing up parts of different adventures.

Thank you. I (being this guy and not that guy) just want the Jovians (and other conservatives within the setting) to be given a fair & realistic representation within the setting (which is why I prefer Transhuman Space for being politically neutral). Also, keeping a lot of well defended sustainable baseline humans around makes a lot of sense as a last resort backup in case the Transhumanist experiment comes to a complete failure.

The one where everybody is a beta fork of the same character?

Yeah, I was reading that over. It seems like what i was looking for. I am honestly beginning to think that I am mixing several adventures together in my head. I might just end up doing something custom. Its for a one shot, and Ego hunter is a bit investigation heavy for my group. I do want them to all wake up dead, and in new sleeves, and have them investigate what lead up to their party death.

Basically the idea is to have a fun, and perhaps a bit morbid, romp though a bunch of the setting details and mechanics for a one shot play test with some friends. I want to highlight resleeving, forking, ego-backups especially.

yes

>I do want them to all wake up dead, and in new sleeves, and have them investigate what lead up to their party death.
May I suggest this one, then.

Run it with a real-time clock in the background. Good shit.

Yeah, I can also see them dabbling in 'forbidden' tech to a limited extent. I've considered adding a spec ops branch to the jovians called the Revenants. They are basically given cortical stacks so that when they die their memories are possible to retrieve and are backed up. They are called the Revenants because after their original dies they are all legally dead. I have debating if they all start in the unit as volunteers/patriots or if there was another form of selection (assuming I use it). The idea was to give the Jovians some special forces/spys that are completely capable of competing with normal transhumans at every level, but that are completely devoted to the jovian cause and view themselves as some form of techno undead that is an echo of their true selves that serves humanity.

Yeah, that is one of the ones I've run across.. I'll probably end up running that if I don't make my own custom one. It is missing a few things that I'd like, and changing them would change things too much, but that might be a good thing since it leaves things easier to digest.

EG: I wanted to showcase using the reputation based economy system on top of everything else. This adventure seems to include everything but the potential for that. But beggars can't be choosers.

>$1000 for all of the stretch goals
>those stretch goals so far are some NPC stat blocks, a handful of fluff articles, and two raises for the underpaid freelancers

sasuga Posthuman

You're going to be hard-pressed to hit EVERY setting element with a one-shot AND STILL have a coherent/enjoyable game session.

My advice? Do Continuity for session 1, followed by Mind the WMD for session 2. Those two adventures hit virtually all of the important notes.

>tfw no official PbtA hack for EP

Don't forget another book - no, sorry a SERIES of books full of useless fluffwank. Because Argonauts was such a huge hit.

You will never have a better plot

Good to know. I'll be sure to get a copy of those and look through em.

Continuity is here . Mind the WMD is part of the quickstart rules.

Be a genius politician. Infiltrate Republic through Hyoden. Get full citizen rights and go for political carrier.

I'd say in around 50 years you can reform Jovian government and make most of the population to drop the hate.

That's literally already the Jovians as written. Stop buying into JOvefags BS.

Literally be Monica Contreras, because she already did in like AF 1.

>muh Junta
Okay, fine. How would you overthrow Contreras' government, then?

Contreras has a framed poster of the Demiurge in her bedroom that she masturbates to every night.

Actual question though, how attractive are people in 10AF? Your average splicer is not only stronger and healthier than a flat, but also smarter. In the same way, are they universally at least good looking?

Everybody is probably at least TV pretty, barring any unusual personal aesthetic choices.

I see from your silence that you are like so many other /nogamez/ in this thread. You deride the Jovians as backwards savages and their government as an illegitimate dictatorship - yet when asked what to do about it, you can do nothing but pontificate.

At least has thought about the matter and proposed a plan of action. An optimistic one to be sure - to change a corrupt system from within is the goal of many a politician. And perhaps in his fifty years he'd pass a few reforms - just enough to convince himself that he's doing good, but ultimately not enough to make a difference.

Perhaps one man can stop a river, but not by merely wading into it.