Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Attack on Titan edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Seraphon-Saurus-Knights)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reposting from last thread- what are some chaos units or abilities i can use to buff up nurglings that isnt morbidex twiceborn?

Reposting pic so other sky brothers know to always take what you are owed.

Eh this is a non issue at our store and pretty much any event or tournament since measuring is done from base to base.

Name one flgs/GW stick to model to model measure only.

Bets on next release TG?

Riddle me this Siganons:

-Why would there be a never ending war in a setting that is essentially 7 different near endless planes with infinite resources?

>Extra Credit: Why is the fluff such garbage?

Infinite hate for one another

Because it isn't a war for resources. Chaos wants to destroy everything (again), Death wants, well, death and destruction largely just enjoy the fight.

It wasn't always war, there was a long period of peace, followed by Chaos doing their regular Chaos shit, followed by revenge and retaliation to try and destroy Chaos.

>Why would there be a never ending war in a setting that is essentially 7 different near endless planes with infinite resources?
It started many hundred years ago, when chaos parked it's car in sigmar's spot.
AoS was a business decision first and foremost and not a creative one.
WHFB was a labor of love that grew over 30 years.

1. The Realms are finite
2. Chaos wishes to consume them all

Resources and land are not what they are fighting over. They are fighting for survival and security. They are fighting for relics of the past. They are fighting over the realmgates for travel between the realms. They are fighting because they know even if the realms are near endless, and they could just find a place untouched by chaos, chaos will just come. Because chaos doesn't give a shit about land ownership, they just care about destroying civilizations and order.

Trick question, that is your opinion and not a question of fact.

It may be a coincidence it's not but every whiny faggot I have played who wants to model for advantage or use 'model to model' ALSO uses square bases.
Their models are also half or not painted, as well as look like shit

Thoughts on the following KO list?

Skyport Mhornar

>Arknaut Frigate - Heavy Skycannon, Incredible Self Healing Hull
>Arknaut Frigate - Heavy Skycannon, Ebullient Buoyancy Aid

>Aether Khemist (General) - Opportunistic Privateer, Aethershock Earbuster
>Aether Khemist
>Aether Khemist
>Aetheric Navigator - Aethersight Loupe

>Arknaut Crew (10) - 3x Volley Guns
>Arknaut Crew (10) - 3x Skypikes
>Arknaut Crew (20) - 6x Skyhooks

>Endrinriggers (3) - Volley Gun
>Endrinriggers (3) - Volley Gun
>Endrinriggers (3) - Skyhook
>Endrinriggers (3) - Skyhook

The General + Volley Guns go in the first Frigate (Self Healing Hull) and basically move up then screen with their boat before broadsiding a unit and causing double battle shock tests.

A second Khemist + Skypikes go in the Buoyancy Frigate and they help screen the General's boat and charge in to help the volley gun crew out.

The third Khemist + Navigator hangs out with the big crew to help push out a decent chunk of rend 1, D3 damage shooting and offsetting my overburdened Frigates via the Navigator.

The Endrinriggers start 'in' Frigates (since they don't take up space or slow them down) to drop my total drop count and then act as screens/harassing units and helping keep my boats patched up. I'm not 100% on the weapon load out on them, I could obviously go for more shooting but they aren't half bad in combat, especially not if near a friendly Khemist to bump their aethersaw attacks.

I think you should combine the Enrinrigger units so you can get more buffs per Khemist. If you buff their saws, then use your footnote to attack in the hero phase, there will be very little that a unit of 6 Endrinriggers can not kill, even if you want to give one a grapnel launcher for mobility.

Also make sure to remember Khemist buffs apply until YOUR next hero phase, so unless you get a double turn, you still have them in your enemies combat phase. Although it is obvious, it is something easy to forget when deciding if you should buff a units shooting or melee.

Makes sense - and doesn't really affect the list structure.

Existence is suffering.

>Death still paying for that Ring shenanigans.
Sad times when skeletons get the shaft when all they wanna do is rattle :/

Hopefully those new models from shadowspire become new units for AoS instead of just being a cameo warscroll.

Any Seraphon players have a backstory for their army? Now that the lore is basically seraphon are star demons that don't live, the backstories for lizardmen is kinda lack luster.

I am working on a story for mine. Basically my Slann went into a deep meditative slumber for hundreds of years. In the mean time the skinks built the temples and took care of him and he could subconsciously hear them talking and form images of them based on this. Skinks of-course talk about skink things, like rituals or riding terradons or taming stegadons or how much they hate the saurus who are bigger than them. So the Slann has a mental idea of the skinks just from conversation. Anyway, the temple was attacked and the slann was unable to be awoken. The temple crashed down trapping him. Then centuries later in the end times we was finally awoken under the rubble of his fallen temple but all his seraphon are gone. Now he is in the age of sigmar and remembers the skinks that he overheard all those years while he meditated.

How does this 1000 point list look? Just getting into the game, plan on picking up an Epidemius sometime soon, as well as another Start Collecting box (Slaves to Darkness, Clan Pestilens, or another Daemons of Nurgle, uncertain).

Harbinger of Decay
Herald of Nurgle
10x Plaguebearer
3x Plague Drones
3x Nurglings
5x Putrid Blightkings
5x Putrid Blightkings

No the fluff being garbage is definitely fact. No sane person would defend such shite

Nice opinions.

>t. games workshop employee

Sigmar is better than the bloated, pustule ridden Fantasy fluff.

God it was awful. I cannot comprehend how people could enjoy such blatantly bad fluff that seemed to do its utmost and ticking those Fantasy cliche boxes. Dwarves live underground, Elves are aloof assholes, Orcs are brutish, Undead are either Egypt or Transylvania etc.

>I don't know how to deal with people not having the same opinion of mine, so they must be paid shills. Yeah that's it. Disagreeing with me otherwise is an impossibility.

I hope this is bait holy shit

Are Skaven Shit? I had a good game with them over the weekend while playing a Blades of Khorne force. Was expecting to lose and ended up routing him.

personally i've found nurglings to be lacklustre on their own, and if you're taking the herald, you might want some more unit synergy for them, like more plaguebearers.
maybe swap him out for a lord of plagues to triple up on nurgles rot.
also, i think you're short a battleline unit unless i'm mistaken, blightkings are only BL for rotbringers allegiance.

ive never run a skaven list, but i like occasionally slipping skaven units into my nurgle demons army to fuck with people. namely the warpfire thrower and warlock engineers

skaven are awesome
Stormfeinds are awesome and some of the vermin lords are fun as hell

Oh cool, I feel better about collecting a mountain of their skulls then.

The Stormfiends were definitely tough and I can see why people like the warpfire throwers so much. But the Verminlord Warbringer did little to nothing all game before succumbing to a wave of Bloodletters in a single round of combat.

Fantasy fluff sucked ass, hard. People who talk about labour of love and w/e are bullshitting themselves to give it more credibility than it deserves.

>Verminlord Warbringer did little to nothing all game before succumbing to a wave of Bloodletters

They aren't stonehorns, an supported behemoth being way more vulnerable than most people think is par for the course.

I fell for that, first time seeing one, threw paladins at it and killed it faster than i thought. Then got clan skyre'd with stormfiends for days. Still somehow won tho, but barely

chaos warshrine with mark of nurgle ?

So what I'm hearing is if I stack enough models on top of each other I can smack down a skyboat? If I throw them at it and say a bigger orruk or bloodthirster threw them, would I get to attack for one round?

War for the right to survive/end everything. Fluff is a side note and severally lacks. Doesn't help that a majority of the WHFB races are more generic fantasy whereas AoS is leaning towards high fantasy with it's newest releases. I think the new sky brother stuff is great, but damn does it clash heavily compared to a bretonnian or empire army

>literally the most generic fantasy setting around
>world was finite but it didn't matter because 90% of it was either irrelevant factions that were never explored in the 30+ years the setting was around or vaguely defined wasteland/forest filled with monsters
>populations were finite but it didn't matter, towns got wiped off he map all the time with just as much consequence as AoS
>fluff was always about heroes and larger than life figures like Sigmar, Aenarion, Nagash, Tyrion&Teclis, Archaon, Karl Franz, etc just like AoS
>main character faction barely did shit outside of their borders and was constantly getting its shit pushed in until deus ex machina
>no chance to win against chaos, ever

Fantacucks who played ratcatchers in the role playing game and think the whole setting was about their shit covered peasants triumphing against impossible odds through sheer shit writing and bland fantasy cliches need to be hanged.

So are these guys prototypes for when they reintroduce Squats into 40k?

Remember when in that one vid, they mentioned "plastic Sisters!" but actually meant Sisters of Silence? Something like that maybe?

>no chance to win against chaos, ever
The funny thing is that it's somewhat because everyone fucked with everyone. Malekith messed up the Elves, Lizardmen earthquake screwed the Dwarfs, etc.

It really wasn't. D&D is pretty normal for a generic fantasy setting and has different kinds of rules, and generally a lot more high fantasy stuff, also "no or few guns" in some cases by divine fiat.

I'm not even sure what you're on about with the finite or not finite world, it being Terra Obscura in large part means nothing one way or the other.

Also about the populations mattering or not mattering,

There was fluff about humbler folks too, it's like you only read the army books and associated material. Smaller characters were around too.

I'm not sure why the Empire not doing much that didn't concern them is a big deal, and while they could never seal the deal and end Chaos, or the Orcs, or whatever for sure coming back at SOME point, they always pretty much held out until they were "done" and no longer a significant threat. They had a lot of strategic depth. Anyone who invaded them petered out eventually.

And yeah, that's one of those things. You cannot beat Chaos. This is an inherent aspect of Warhammer. Except apart from fighting the figurative Chaos Pig being something it enjoys, everything you do somehow pleases the Chaos Pig. Maybe there are more than one Pig, at some point you will be satisfying some Pig. Or maybe it's all kind of one Pig. But you can't win.

I also don't see why people enjoying gritty low fantasy characters getting through by the skin of their teeth (or not, sometimes they fail or do not succeed completely, and merely survive) is a problem. Even if it does involve narrative devices some might not like.

But I guess people should stop liking what you don't like and acknowledge that there was nothing good or appealing because YOU just can't see it.

Or maybe you're just a moron, or perhaps, a troll. It's not my fault you can't appreciate it and think everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, and wrong.

then I assume you'll paint your blimps if you want your port bonuses. Since you're SO dedicated to following the letter of the rules...

honestly... you KO people are the worst. Complain about rules you don't want to follow and insist on rules that no one follows.

id say its pathetic but that would be too kind.

Looking for advice on my Khorne Slaves to Darkness list.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Hungry for Glory
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Lord Of Chaos (100)
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (80)

Battleline
10 x Chaos Knights (400)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
10 x Chaos Knights (400)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
10 x Chaos Chosen (320)
5 x Chaos Chosen (160)

Total: 2500/2500

Literally nowhere in my post did I say I didn't like the fantasy setting, in fact I compared aspects of it to AoS. The point wasn't to say fantasy was shit, it was to say that many of the problems people have with AoS were either also in fantasy, or aren't shit people should be worried about

>But I guess people should stop liking what you don't like and acknowledge that there was nothing good or appealing because YOU just can't see it.

Or maybe you're just a moron, or perhaps, a troll. It's not my fault you can't appreciate it and think everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, and wrong.

Kek, pretty fucking rich coming from the crowd who calls AoS objectively bad but thinks fantasy was some super speshul setting of love and labor. I like fantasy, I just am sick of the grongards acting like everything in fantasy was good while AoS is irredeemable smegma, despite never reading beyond Veeky Forums meme versions of the fluff.

Also, Saving this as pasta to use anytime someone calls AoS objectively shit, or uses the borecast eternal "joke." thanks user I love you so much

stupid faggot thinks pic related should be unable to use the rider's melee weapons.

kill yourself.

Have you ever considered that the people who want to houserule the paintgate away are the same who use base-to-base measurement houserules?

I'm running it as Nurgle Mortal allegiance with the Blightkings as battleline just to make it work with what I have.

And the Nurglings are there mostly because I'm running what I have, I'll definitely be switching things up once I have more miniatures.

congratulations you're rational. want a cookie or something?

Don't you have another phoenix to paint, you knife-eared shitlord?

Your one-man crusade is the saddest thing I've ever seen and we are on fucking Veeky Forums.

I don't fucking play elves you faggot I play this take your model to model waac faggotry and fuck off.

What is a paintgate and what do you mean?

>misread
Whoa sorry, same team! Same team!
Paintgate pic caused reaction.

Allegiance: Order
Lord Kroak (540)
- General
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
- War Spear
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (120)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (120)
- Blades
10 x Skinks (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
3 x Kroxigor (180)
Dread Saurian (400)
Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Total: 2000/2000

paintgate is a poorly written block that details about your options as a KO player. An autist cried about it being taken literally and plagues the board accusing rational people of being Waacfags for wanting to paint their shit however they want and use whatever port they choose.

fucking cringe worthy. this that I assume you're the faggot responsible for is fucking stupid.

>tfw I'm afraid that my color scheme is shit and I made a huge mistake

>continues to be a shit
Fuck no I don't support that shit. Stop your autistic bitchfit and relax.

Post it and let us judge

I already have and it's been called shit

look dumbass I lurked your whole autistic argument with the guy who said you should follow the paint rules for your fleets and I was on your side about it but I think based on this that he had a point about waacfag KO players only trying to game the system to get an advantage.

>one random shitpost
Is that all it takes?
Again I want to iterate: Did not post No rational decent human being would enforce model-to-model measurement. I shouldn't have to validate this to you.

i'd like to step in to remind you gentlemen that you're on Veeky Forums and will not convince eachother of your point of view, so any arguing is effectively pointless

>Gaming the system by following the rules.
Honestly if we are going to play base to base what is going to stop someone from altering base size so less units can surround it?

thank god people in real life aren't this autistic.

You'd be surprised.

This. Can we shut the fuck up and talk about stuff people actually want to talk about and follow?

Now I want to see Archaon modeled on a 25mm base.

what annoys me about the whole measure from the model not the base thing, is theres nothing stopping people from stacking models base-over-base overlapping, is there? i mean, aside from common sense.

Ahahaha. I might do that to a friend to be a dickhead now.

it wouldnt bother me the whole swarm infantry piling up, but shit, i dont want my nicely painted model plus nicely painted decorative base getting grinded on by a grey tide of skinks.
base to base would solve that issue, which is why models have uniform base sizes anyway, isnt it?

Were you painting Barak-Thryng? If so I liked them.

Nah, I play Ironjawz

Thinking about getting into AoS and I'm liking the look of the Slaves to Darkness from thei SC kit.

How are they? Are they competitive? Fun to play? Any must buy models?

>base-over-base overlapping

That's literally the main reason people use b2b.

So here a fluff question, why would anyone want to live in the Fire Realm?

I mean, do they know that there are other Realms they can live in? Realms that are not on fire?

Is Sigmar going to act surprised when his new city burns down because he built it on a river of lava?

I like slaves to darkness. But like most non battletome armies they lack the utilities and synergies those armies have.

You can combine them with the other chaos factions and it'll work fine though, since chaos grand alliance has answers for every situation.

As far as must buy models go; I really like the Chaos Lord with his one-off attack. War shrine is good too, especially if you go more toward the bloodbound synergy with khorne and his buff stacking.

GW had painting rules with marine chapters long before 2017 user.

or you could do what every store and tourney ever has done and say "paint them however you want, mark it on your list very clearly what chapter / bonus you are taking is"

Aqshy has the aspect of fire, but it doesn't mean it's literal hell and everything is on fire. In the books there are civilisations and even describes forests. It thrived before khorne claimed it as their own.

Like there is life in the realm of death, it's just dark and spooky. So mortal men and even forests live there, they're just a grim people and dark and spooky forests.

The mortal realms have many biomes, just some are more predominant in some realms over others.

I will put my shit on 8" pegs and it will be painted with paintgate in mind dont worry :^)

>he gets btfo by greytiders AND skyfires on 12" metal pegs

It just keeps getting better and better.
Potery

i dont like this, so you are fag

A humale

I love my Slaves to Darkness, although I've fallen down the Tzeentch army mixing rabbit hole.

They're fun, better than average "beat the shit out of my opponent" army. Chaos Warshrine is a fantastic next step if you get two Start Collecting boxes, as it buffs the shit out of everything near it. I also concur with the other guy about the Chaos Lord, hell, almost all their hero units are cool as shit, and fun to snowball with.

How often does the Freeguild's counter charge ability come into play?

It seems like something that would happen very rarely.

Can a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount take Daemonic Adornements and Daemonic weapons from the Blades on Khorne book?

Has anyone tried Bloab Rotspawned? He seems deceptively decent. You get a big body, a pair of pretty good debuffs and his spell is not that hard to get value out of. You cast an arcane bolt that's a d3, hit it with any shooting like a warp lightning cannon that's d3, anything with bulk that charges is another d3, you hit it in melee is a d3, you hit back on its turn is another d3.

He's got the daemon keyword so yes, just like the tzeentch guys get it on disc.

Any news over the weekend? I've flown to Switzerland and haven't had proper net access since Saturday

the new dwarf models apparently include some kind of irritant, leading to aggressive and antisocial behaviour, even if you dont own any

Can anyone tell me if the Saurus Knights' Cold Ones (games-workshop.com/en-US/Seraphon-Saurus-Knights) are separate from the riders? One of the sprue pictures indicates it might be but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone could confirm it.

I'm looking for some lizard mounts for my (40k) Rough Riders and integral lizard rider legs would fuck up my Christmas a little bit.

Thanks!

my lizard-fiddling friend says seperate

he also says to use the dark elf lizard mounts instead, since theyre cooler

Cool, thank you!

>switzerland
>no internet
Where the hell are you, Valais?

>nurgle mortal
>nurglings and demons on the list
I have bad news for you son, if you want to use bk as battleline all have to be "mortal", so you need to fill with regular chaos dudes with nurgle mark.
On a personal note I think that the rotbringers are bullshit as in not being able to put nurgle demons without breaking the rules

Yeah fantasy holy roman empire was done a million times before.

Oh wait

Thats how i know people hating on fantasy never read/played it.

It's hardly original though. WFB is "historical XVc but with elves and lizards and dwarves". It doesn't have an original bone in it's body, it's all transplants from either history or other franchises. it's as original as Slaughterloo/Flintloque.

The setting had a lot of heart and passion put into it.

AoS is a product, nothing more.