Did we just get rekt by the government?

They’re coming for us

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/tax-free-bitcoin-to-ether-trading-in-u-s-to-end-under-gop-plan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how will they know

blockchain analysis + KYC/ML in exchanges.

>feeling comfy holding my XMR in an offline wallet ;)

It was already like this before too

Time to get out of American exchanges it looks like. Sneaky change

Ok good thing I only trade shitcoins. This is fake and gay even if its real

FUCK THIS SHIT BETTER NOT PASS BEFORE MY XLM MOONS

SAVE US DONALD

Donald proposed it bruh.. we will get burned. Keep everything in offline wallets etc.

I assume anyone who is evading taxes is poor as fuck and has one of those sad blockfolios with $400 between LINK, ARK, and a bit of XMR.

Everyone needs to tweet at Trump and let him know his NEET voter base is angry

You were never supposed to claim like-kind to begin with, so many retards going to be fucked by the IRS for not keeping track

Shitfag Trump voters got what's coming to ya

Crypto is mainstream now. Millions of normies are doing it. The IRS can only enforce things when a small group does it.

You dont have to pay taxes if you use SALT or never cash out btw.

You Trumplets are the definition of Delusional.

LMAO burgers.

i feel bad for americans for their 50% tax rape on everything
oh wait a second actually i dont feel bad for them
you get what you deserve suckers
now pay your taxes goy or uncle sam is coming

'Land of the free'

Kek.

>Everyone needs to tweet at Trump and let him know his NEET voter base is angry

YES! His "voter base" xD haha lol
Let him know he has a base haha ha!

I think HE knows everyone mildly intelligent loves him and his salty balls... mmmmh.. trumpy balls...

*buys monero*
i dropped my hard drive in the pool with all my crypto sir

>never cash out
Uh they said they would tax tradig between cryptos so yeah every trade in the exchanges between shitcoins is taxable now

sorry only people named lois learner and people that work for the irs allowed accidently "lose, wipe" their hard drives.

>trump voters delusional
>implying less taxes and government regulation under the dems
ok

Regulations are not always bad.

Here in the EU, corporations are sitting in tax havens, paying NO tax. And many gov. leaders say "nooooo, don't regulate that shit, we no need money"

Remember how the banks fucked us all in 2008 and beyond? Shit like that can only be stopped with regulations.

you should try that

you mean when the banks were backed by the government to give out bad loans?

the whole point of this shit was not to have the gov. hands on this. now its fucked, rides over.

also, this

Regulations and taxes aren't necessarily the same thing, and generally just taxing something isn't helpful, just greedy.

There's no real need to tax BTC to ETH trading beyond greed

>XMR
More like LTC

Old news. Changes nothing. Priced in.

>implying that's what's happening
>implying we're not getting taxed more
>implying superrich people aren't getting tax breaks while neets like u are getting shafted
>implying u didnt vote against yourself
>implying implications
D E L U S I O N A L

I'm sure "Donald" is going to refuse getting more money from a plan coming from its own party.

>For investors who hold the virtual currencies, “the bill is bad news,” said Kelsey Lemaster, a tax attorney with Goodwin Procter LLP. “Every time you trade one digital currency for another, one token for another, it’s going to be a taxable event.”
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/tax-free-bitcoin-to-ether-trading-in-u-s-to-end-under-gop-plan

“That’s only for real property now, and ‘crypto’ is about as not real as you can get,” said Friedman’s Kristiansen.

If it's not real then why the fuck do you niggers want more tax money from us you fucking faggot fucks?

Can someone end these fucks already?

You aren't trading regardless of what coin you are holding so what does it matter

Get rekt burgers

Trump is the shabboyest goy ever, all his bloodline is kiked you stupid delusional nigger.

Also ameriniggers being buttfucked by their government while still they are "free" is always hilarious.

This is clickbait, like kind was never going to be allowed for crypto anyways and the bill doesn't mention crypto at all. If the IRS didn't allow like kind for gold to silver what makes you think they'd allow it for bitcoin to litecoin or bitcoin to ethereum?

yes, sadly, many people are corrupt. Ironically it's not the EU comission, but the gov. leaders who are the most corrupt.
(Also, the US is a bit crazier in that regard)

I don't think taxing individual transactions is correct or helpful.
I'm glad it's only in the US for now.
But if I cash out, I have to pay my taxes. Which is fine.
Really fine. It's not that much.
For that I get my medicine, healthcare without extra costs, roads n bridges, free schools, free college / university, a somewhat gov. owned public transportation system (which works top notch by the way) etc...

These are the only correct answers, and Veeky Forums willfully ignores them.

Like-like trades are taxable right now. Fucking shitty journalism

poorfags ignore it, and that's what most of biz is

Late-stage empire, guys. The government WILL tax anything and everything to keep the bread and circuses flowing. Single moms and shitskins (ie, bought voting cattle) need mo money fo dem programs, you know.

As long as they don’t go after exchanges hard...

They're already balls deep in the exchanges. Bittrex's compliance officer used to work for homeland security for fuck's sake.

Even non-US exchanges like Binance?

Yeah! Based fucking Trump is our guy! Praise kek! Trump will save us!

Maybe I'm wrong but when you send BTC or ETH to an exchange, they then kind of give you a credit to trade with, when you trade BTC for say ETH, that trade isn't actually real and taxable until you withdraw either back into your own control surely? If there is a profit to be made on the withdrawal, then that profit is taxed. Taxing individual trades inside a platform is lunacy and nobody would trade in the US.

Well I was about to buy in. I';ll never make it to lambo land....

It's either hiding overseas and literally never cashing out, or using your money

Cryptos will only make the chinks and pajeets rich now!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU............

wrong. exchanges are money transmitters, the trades are yours, not theirs.

I bet this is why Charlie Lee sold his coins. He knew he would be destroyed by this.

Which is funny because their taxes are almost nothing.

most normies live paycheck to paycheck tho, so it makes sense

Not sure if individuals are the same, but you can defer the tax until you bring it back to US but still need to report it

> did we
Uuuhm, no sweetie. Not all of us are burgers

so are their some deep web exchanges ?

isn't this how this shit got started any way?

as soon as crypto hit the CME exchange in chicago and started hitting cnbc and fox business, it put the wheels in motion of this bubble popping. they keep saying its a bubble its going to pop i know it is. and they will make damn sure if it does not pop they will make a way for it to pop.

How can the trades be yours when you don't even own your own private keys?

I've also thought this. Because you buy monero or eth or whatever on binance/bittrex, it shows up in your wallet immediately. The exchange hasn't moved anything around, everything is in their own wallets until you transfer off of their website.
But apparently that's not right. Fuck us right?

they're yours

>USDT being printed like no tomorrow
>China hodls most of the crypto
>yet cashing out for USD is the easiest

if they start taxing this shit right now, its gonna be fucking DOOM for america and its economy.

Basically everyone but americans are going to be using crypto, and the USD will be worthless.

I think they are trying to tax it to maintain the strength of the USD.

though its a shitty and very slapdash plan.

I disagree, this is one of those technical things where it is NOT true, you don't own your keys and you're only exchanging IOUs on exchanges not true like-kind exchanges.. Not saying it is going to save your ass from the IRS but you can still protest it in your head.

good luck

>on binance
>look up trades I did yesterday
>hmmm thats funny the trades I made yesterday are dated for today
>but the funds were almost immediately available
I assume its either discrepancies in the dateline between countries and china or they just credit your account before the trade is finalized.

At least it will cut down on the number of bots trading. Unless you want to be taxed by every movement your bot makes.
Just keep deep records and stop going for 5% gains or else you may lose money on each 5% gain depending how jew they want to be.

this

>americucks
and nothing of value was lost

>deep records

A CSV file is really all you need lol

This is what happens when you use centralised exchanges/services, KYC, etc... it goes against everything crypto is meant to stand for. Luckily, there's a solution just around the corner...

my first year (started in november 2013), my final tax forms were over 400 pages. I used a bot. I didn't use a bot after that.

god damn lol

Yeah, so I have to choose between he government, or the corporate jews? Ill choose government regulation, thanks

never trust big corporations, thats why i voted for sanders

does that thing have a name ?

Coinone has literally deleted all my trade history lol

God damn it user, how am i meant to be mysterious when you won't even reverse image search.

Blocknet.

here in EU we pay carbon taxes and let shitskin rape out women.

k

>t. Burger

What good does that do?? Implying they can’t find what you bought?? You’ll have to sell eventually anyway

Jesus Christ fuck me if I’m really gonna lose money on 5% gains

>2008
>create trustless money as a way to avoid the pitfalls of centralized regulation
>2017
>retards using your technology argue what it needs is more centralized regulation
This shows the main issue cryptocurrency faces... Centralization and regulation are ultimately consequences of human stupidity rather than causes. Unless a large scale eugenics program brings humanity to an average of 130 iq, the same idiotic mistakes will be repeated by people who can't understand cause and effect even when it happens in front of their eyes.

thought taxes were supposed to fit on a post card now!

It wasn't supposed to be like this, Dahnald...

...but I'm afraid I can't let you anywhere near the cryptodelegates.

Hand over that bill, Dahnald...nice n slow.

>no wall
>revolving door, even worse than no swamp drain
>no nn because comcast wanted more tendies
>now this

>burgers will STILL defend him

>being american
>he doesnt trade through his trust on an offshore tax haven

Ted Cruz is literally unstoppable.

burgers are turning more liberal everyday it could turn around in 2020 hard.

>canadians
>unstoppable