This is a space elf

This is a space elf.

Actually looks like a human that's just using elf bio-tech. Space elves dress like age of sail naval officers.

Thank you for being more nerdy than I initially imagined.

Spelljammer is the best my man. Everyone should give it a shot. It looks cheesy, but come on. You're already playing pretend as elves, why not take it to SPAAAAAAAACE?

I'm glad you said this, because it felt like a Spelljammer picture to me, but that was not a space elf.

I wonder what Veeky Forums would think if they were introduced to the Scro.

Scro are lame man! Giff and Neogi are what's up! That, and the glorious ship designs.

I will fight you on the first point, but I can't argue with anything after that.

I had a friend who liked giff so much that he made them a core race in his planetside homebrew.

Hammership is great. The Squid ship and Nautiloid are the best, though.

Spelljammer is awesome. I have a feeling we may be getting something for it soon in 5e, with the monsters being developed and the easter egg squidship in Storm King's Thunder.

Maybe it'll actually get it's own setting development. That was the biggest flaw that it had: too much of each of the books were dedicated to NON-Spelljammer settings, like Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms. Nowhere near enough development of Spelljammer's own lore!
However, that being said... I doubt 5e will do that worth a damn. 5e's non-adventure books have been pretty disappointing.

I may very well be an adventure book that doubles as a setting book.

Ugh, that's even worse. Ravenloft was a major disappointment for that exact reason.

I liked Ravenloft.

No mention of the rest of the setting, though, and imo it missed quite a few beats. It felt more like a horror-themed playground than a real danger.. but that's just 5e in general to me anymore.
Spelljammer is goofy and high-magic so it could work just fine in 5e! Worked on a 5e conversion for a bit, too.

>No mention of the rest of the setting

Well yeah, it's Ravenloft, not the entire Plane of Dread.

>It felt more like a horror-themed playground than a real danger

It encapsulated the gothic horror theme and aesthetic incredibly well and I loved how open it was in design.

Did somebody say Spelljammer? Because I would send strongly worded letters to WoTC if it would make this shit happen...

I disagree. It's not gothic horror in the same way as the old setting, where you had fear and madness as constant issues, monsters were much more fearsome, and the heroes much less 'heroic' in ability.
It's not as ridiculous as 4e's take on it, but I'm still strongly against it. That specific module has been done and redone since it's first incarnation, though, and it's more developed than it's initial incarnation and better done than 3 and 4e's versions.. but it's still not good enough!
That, and you certainly can't do Spelljammer like you could do Castle Ravenloft! It's an entire cosmology, with crystal spheres, the phlogeston, tons of races and factions. You don't just jam that all into an adventure!

>where you had fear and madness as constant issues, monsters were much more fearsome, and the heroes much less 'heroic' in ability.

Good, since that's not gothic horror. Gothic horror carries a certain tragedy and romanticism to it.

>That, and you certainly can't do Spelljammer like you could do Castle Ravenloft! It's an entire cosmology, with crystal spheres, the phlogeston, tons of races and factions. You don't just jam that all into an adventure!

You totally can though, the adventure would feature the PCs getting to space to combat a threat, it would have locations, like the Rock of Bral and take the PCs to another sphere to fight the threat, monsters and races that have been unstatted so far would be in the back of the book, it would have stats for ships and ship combat, detailed firearms, and a table to generate crystal spheres.

That's essentially all you need.

Except it's not even close to enough. For all the material SJ put out, it was barely sufficient for the task! Sphere and planet generation, faction information, ship and helm info, a bunch of new critters, archetypes, and backgrounds.. a bunch of locations (like the Rock of Bral, yeah) Could and should have an entire book dedicated to that, not just an index!
Tragedy and romanticism does not equal ultra powerful PCs curbstomping the shit out of all the monsters, Your mind snapping from stress, the fear of monsters, and general candle against the dark was the best way to do the Demiplane of Dread. Now it's blazing beacons of justice against a tiny shadow... now, Strahd is pretty badass in 5e, but the adventure areas themselves are pathetic. That's no good! The mood of Valliaki is pretty nice, but everything after that feels lame. The asylum and shitty town at it's foot is eh, the abandoned town felt a lot more like Tepest than Barovia, and the Amber Temple was.. just.. the worst. The WORST.

>Tragedy and romanticism does not equal ultra powerful PCs curbstomping the shit out of all the monsters,

This sounds more to me a consequence of the DM not portraying the setting correctly, and the players not buying into the genre.

That's a fucking fairy

Or a fault of the mechanics of 5e, which is what I'm implying. Everyone's far more powerful and heroic than ever before, CERTAINLY more than in 2e.

I don't know what to tell you, i didn't have that issue when playing it at all, my players were fucking scared as shit.

I do love Spelljammer. Love the setting and various types of themes. I'm working on a Elven Imperial Navy game. With the players, who are different groundling elves have to serve on a Elven warship.

I want to do a game with A Reigar being the big baddy. They have cool ships, cool crews with helots and Lakshu to protect them. Not sure what kind of art they are trying to make but it requires a lot of people dying to get it just right.