Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

new charge rules +d6 for advance are not too bad edition

>previous thread
>daily Dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=f87PyCCl0PY

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

my dudes > your dudes

My dudes>your dudes

Who's ready to start putting heavy weapons on squads now that you only shoot at -1 bs instead of snapfiring. I know my Dark Lances are ready.

More Guard love in 8th I hope. Make Straken an IC so he can buff squads and punch Marines to death.

Depends upon whether or not you want that +d6 advancement for the charge range.

For sure! I've finally got a use for all these Heavy Bolters I've got lying around

Just a reminder that 8th edition will finally bring us plastic power armor women.

I'm just glad my stockpiling of plasma cannon, multimelta, and heavy bolter Devs is finally paying off.

I'm hyped for that. All my blobs already have heavy weapons, but I'm ready for all my Vet squads to have them too. BS3 Autocannons on the move feels good.

I think you are going to need to explain this chart to me. What is meant by the Advance +d6 column?

>Already had heavy weapons in his tactical squads since forever

Guess I was just ahead of my time.

Well SoB should get proper models once it is time for them to get their own 8th edition codex

My Vet murder squads will hunt well in the coming editions and still be more cost effective than the nearest SM equivalent. Whats new?

That column is the odds when units in 8th can Advance (aka run) and still charge in the same turn. Which hasn't been confirmed nor denied, so people be hoping.

WHAT? COULD YOU SPEAK UP A BIT?

2d6 from charge plus another possible d6 if youre allowed to advance and charge in the same turn.

Same here, having options besides "just bring grav" now feels good :D

So with the next big story thing being another war for Armageddon (after whatever mortarion and the death guard are involved in) is there a chance we see plastic steel legion? Like, at all? Maybe just a little conversion sprue like the genestealer cults? please?

Nth for consolidating into combat is the only way to make melee viable in eighth

Especially since Grav is rightfully gonna get the nerfbat.

So at worst, a certain units thing. Like from AoS Seekers of Slaanesh, and Daemonetts.

Yeah Who knows I might have to scrounge up more chaos marines to fill my squads out to 10 so that I can add some heavy weapons in there.

That is assuming firing heavy weapons doesn't prevent charging (1 of my CSM squads is a CC squad).

Plastic all non-Cadians when?

Here's hoping that Leman Russes get some sort of BS bonus while moving like they did in 7th! But as long as I can find a way to increase their BS to 4 so I can move them a lot I'll be happy!

>Brother, what is that to our Left?
>What are you talking abou-oh...

It's the probability, not the odds. Odds are a ratio, P/(1-P). Whereas the probability is just P.

So for example a 3 to 1 odds is a 25% probability of the event occurring.

The left column is the probability that you failed a charge in 7th edition based upon how far away the enemy unit was from your charging unit.

The middle column is how the same thing, but taking into account that in 8th edition you only have to get within 1" to have a successful charge.

The right column is the probability of failing the charge if you also use your +1d6" 'advance' movement to move towards the unit you are charging, effectively giving you a 3d6" charge instead of a 2d6" charge.

I'm just trying to be useful here.

How many hits will blasts and large blasts be? D3 and D6? D6 and up to 2D6?

So how does everyone feel about mortal wounds making a show in 40k?

Anvil Industries bruh

Would love to see some plastic legion, even if they're not my cup of tea.

I'm hoping they will have Lumbering Beheamoth again and not lose BS on the move. Shame the Eradicator will no longer be the amazing tank it was in 7th.

>So at worst, a certain units thing. Like from AoS Seekers of Slaanesh, and Daemonetts.
People are hoping for it as a universal rul

>scourges with Dark Lances
>only get -1BS
>zip zoop all over the map
>four S8 36" Ap-3 d6 damage Lances

feels good mang

If a flame template is D6, a blast will likely be D3 or D6 and a Large Blast 2D6 or D6+X.

I would expect d3 for small blasts and 2d6 for large ones, actually.

Small blasts really don't cover a lot of models unless they're super-clumped, but for loser formations 2 or 3 is about what I expect to get.

Large blasts feel like they need to be 2d6 for the sheer area they cover, and getting an average of 7 hits would be nice.

How long till we learn robin writes the new rules for tyranids?

Lukewarm? It'll put a nice kibosh on Deathstar metas, hopefully.

Damned if I know, I'm not fucking a GW Dev.

Depends how it gets handled. If it's rare, or hard to get than I'm fine with it.

> That gif

If previous blast weapons now get multiple hits, either d3 or d6, and each of those can cause variable wounds doesn't that really change the game against monstrous creatures? Whereas before a plasma cannon could only do one wound you could now have something like d3 hits for d3 wounds.

If it doesn't, the free rules aspect of the game means GW can spam rules changes whenever they want without worry of invalidating the general handbook we used to pay $40-$80 for!

That would be at best. Let me check something though and I'll be back to you. I want to check the preview where they told us about Advancing.

The real question is how are they going to handle what used to be scatter?

Maybe
>still rolls to hit
>d3 small if hit, or 1 if miss
>2d6 large if hit or 2d3 small if miss

Actually starting to like the charge changes after calming down a bit. Only having to get within 1'' rather than B2B means no more failed charges because of a fraction of a milimeter between the bases, which is the most frustrating part about failing charges since forever.
And still moving foward even when you fail the charge is great. It makes it way more likely to at least be in CC sooner, even if you get charged.

If they can't be spammed I don't mind that much. They seem like a great counter against things like Imperial Knight armies and other cheese.

See, that actually IS nice though. If something becomes broken (and it will) because GW has bad writers on their staff (and they do) then we won't have to wait for 3+ years for it to be fixed.

>no more failed charges by fraction of MM between bases
>instead arguing over the fraction of a mm outside the inch

The latter is far more open to autistic arguments.

I'm a Space Marine player, and I'm fully in support of grav getting a razor wire wrapped nerf bat across the face

Random points when? What 40k really needs is more RNG.

Only having to get within 1'' rather than B2B means no more failed charges because of a fraction of a milimeter between the bases, which is the most frustrating part about failing charges since forever.

That sounds more like an issue with the enemy player. FFS if your chainsword is touching my guardsman's bayonet I think we can agree you made it to combat!

GW should produce a 1 inch diameter token, either you can place it between the bases or you cannot.

>Take it to have a chance or lose.

Grav was a product of fucked balance. You had Eldar and tau MCs shitting on everyone before it. It was C:SM's tool to deal with bullshit. Problem was, it was bullshit as well. At least it was fuck-all expensive to take but at the same time too good not to take.

I just hope they change its mechanics entirely so that its still effective instead of straight up nerf it. Unfortunately to most, I love my centurions and the overall aesthetic of grav-cannons.

Oh I agree! It's one of those aspects of video games that I'm glad can be transferred back to the tabletop realm.

>not b2b

While yeah, you can houserule it as close enough, that's not how it works in RAW.

That only really matters in Tourney settings, but a lot of people put stock in those.

>roll 3 hits, roll 1 wound
>roll 1 hit, roll 3 wounds
Roll 2 hits, roll 2 wounds

Adding in unnecessary dice rolls is retarded. Especially when they're supposed to be streamlining.

How to roll saves on multiple wound inflicting weapons?
Hit once, successful wounding, total of 6 wounds inflicted.
Time to roll some saves.
>do I roll once because one hit?
> or roll for each individual wound?

Damn...your right neither preview mentions charging. Huh...Looks like run and charge is now a thing everyone can do? I'm still not holding my breath on it being a universal rule but I'm willing to be most Nids, Slaanesh Demons, and a few other CC focused armies get it.

What I meant is that it just looks more frustrating that the charge is failed because of almost no distance rather than more than an inch.

And if you think that the latter is far more open to autistic arguments ... I wonder if it is even possible for even more autistic arguments about measuring things in the game.

They literally tried to sell an AoS range checker as a "stylish"necklace for some outrageous price.

D-Do Blood Angels count as a CC focused army?

Not sure how they will change it though. Maybe make it so it always wounds on 4+? That'd keep its status as an MC killer without the bullshit, and make it significantly worse against hordes.

Maybe it'll still wound on high-save enemies but they do one wound each and are reduced from salvo 3/5 to a manageable heavy 3 or salvo 2/3?

I've never had a problem with Grav-guns. It's always the fuckload of dice grav cannons spew out. But I'm a guard player and grav only hurts me on 5s or 6s so of course I say that.

the exact rules seem to be that the weapon does 'damage' when you don't save your wound. the weapon profile has a damage rather than a wounds. I'd have to read the weapon profiles article again to see if they clarify.

>templates are gone, therefore no scatter

Check out all the artillery units in AoS. Hit could either be normal X+ or better if hitting a large unit(model count). Its going to be an either or in X+ to wound then D6 dmg or auto-D6 wounds to make saves from.

Well we may see it drop in Ap to a -1, and be 2 shots, and still wound on the targets armor save. Grav guns might be 2 damage, and Cannons be a d6 damage, or something like that.

>Be Fire Warrior
>Train your whole life to be a soldier
>BS3
>WS2

>Be Guardsman
>Spend a few weeks at a bootcamp where you are taught basic things like 'what a gun is' and 'how to prod someone with your bayonet'
>BS3
>WS3
>With the ability to become BS4 with more training.

Why are Tau inherently SHIT

What I hope they do is make Grav scale the opposite way with toughness compared to other weapons : the higher toughness a model has, the more easy it wounds.

grav guns are really obnoxious in bikespam lists. They're still way too good. They should be rapid-fire or salvo 1-2

High damage weapons deal all the wounds to a single model. This is so a 2d6 damage meltagun doesn't kill and entire squad of Space Marines in 1 shot.

כמובן...

All Tau are born cross-eyed, they can't help it.

to be fair, the BS3/WS3 guardsmen usually represent regiments that spend the whole lives training/fighting/surviving their home-world.

>play Black Templars and Skitarii
>only ever give them Power Weapons and the others have Relentless
Well...

hey lads, I'm switching from nids to Orkz for 8th, just ordered my first box of boyz, wish me luck!
WAAAAAAAAAGH!!

Those are BS4 veterans.

What if Grav does one/two shots with high damage instead of a bunch of shots with 1 wound each?

When did you grow out of space marines?

Because the Tau are designed to be subservient yet competent slave-race, whereas Mankind is a product of tens of thousands of years of evolution and self-reliance without any form of psycho-dominating entity like the Ethreal - therefore humans fought everything all the time, especially themselves - until something scarier came along and then they used their brains for thinking instead.

Humans are also individual beings that make up a society, whereas Tau are far closer to a society made up of individual beings.

Good luck, orks are shaping up to once again be one of the worst factions

>Same guy

I think they might have it still be salvo-based but incorporating the heavy since both share movement penalties. Likely a -1 to hit instead of reduced range with reduced shots still being a thing.

I expect the to wound roll and the damage to scale according to armorsave, I'm sure there'll be a simple chart on the warscroll.
Something like:

>vs 5+ or worse
5+ to wound and 1 dmg
>3/4+
4+ or 3+ and 2dmg
>2+
2+ and 3dmg

Ap will likely be same (at MOST -2) but I can see it scaling from 0(a 6+ ork should feel like he is being hugged) to -3(terminator reduced to meatball).

I don't care how smart he is--I want that triple-nigger to stay away from the bugs because he doesn't have the integrity or game design competency to do them justice.

enjoy the ride

Never; I don't play NPCs

BS3 represents a lot of things, just like S3 and T3 does. Bottom of S3 is your average adult female, top of S3 is adult male body builder. Only a handful of humans could ever be bottom of S4, like Harker.

Bottom of BS3 is training for months, top of BS3 is a couple of years of training with some combat experience. Veterans would be bottom of BS4. They have been Veterans of war for many years and survived with their own skill. Top of BS4 would be hundreds of years old Space Marines.

WHAT? COULD YOU MOVE IT TO FIT?

thats funny, because your manlet marines are about to become npcs compared to the real heros, the Numarines

Is grav intended to be anti infantry, or anti MC/vehicle?

How will that be different from all the other heavy weapons that are gonna do 1/2 shots with High damage?

I think keeping Grav as the sort of thing that has a high volume of fire and is designed to slowly glance things down is the better call.

I think has the most elegant and simple solution. Always wounding on a 4+ makes it pretty mediocre against light infantry compared to other heavy weapons, even if it has an AP of -2 or -3. But conversely, it'll wound all of these MCs and vehicles with ease.

The question then is how many shots to give, which also depends on how many points they end up costing.

>Only a handful of humans could ever be bottom of S4, like Harker.
And me.

It's meant to be anti-big stuff, most regularly MCs but also big vehicles, fluff-wise at least.

We still don't know how Rapid Fire works in this new edition. It may be going back to the old style where you fire more shots while stationary and 1 on the move. That would explain the number next to the Rapid fire of the bolter.

If Gravguns were Rapid Fire 2 (so 3 shots if you stand still), and Gravcannons were Heavy 4, I think that could strike a good balance.

I wonder if monster creatures will be around?

So what army should I start. going to sell my orks as they will obviously still be garbage. Thinking of going for tau since shooting is being even more heavily favored this edition

Wait for sigmarines

>we havent learned anything about the actual fight phase and how combat works
>shooting is being even more heavily favored this edition
A-user are you all right?

>be fire warrior
>still worse hand to hand fighter than your average human woman
Fucking weaboos

People ignored the +1 to charge distances and only read that Overwatch still existed.

Somehow that translates to shooting being even more heavily favored all of the sudden

What should I add for an HQ?

Convention says Libby but I don't really understand enough about the game to understand what psychic powers are good or why I should or shouldn't raise my mastery level, plus I want to add a Knight at higher point counts so a Techmarine could repair him and the Razorbacks.

Or am I going about this all wrong?

>Shooting is being favored
>As if that's a bad thing in Warhammer 40k

if you want your melee go to AoS.

> I'm thinking Tau since shooting will be heavily favored

> Tau guns will give even guardsman saves
> Cover will add to armor
> Markerlights will be thwarted by smokescreen
> Pathfinders even more vulnerable since no-scatter deepstrikes
> Heavy Bolters and Autocannons will worsen your Riptides save

Yeah, sure user. Go ahead and start Tau.

its funny because ranged is better than melee there too

So, I've been seeing this bait in pretty much every 40kgeneral.

I'm just wondering, has anyone taken it yet? I'm just wondering what your bait : bite ratio is.