Im running a game set in the worm universe...

Im running a game set in the worm universe, where people manifest thematically appropriate super powers during trigger events(moments of incredible stress that are often life threatening/altering)

tell me about your greatest trauma so I can give you a power and use you as an NPC in my game.

Once, I accidentally took part in a 30 people slav brawl equipped only in a cheap scooter helmet and took only minor damage

I have severe emetophobia.

you have an aura of passivity that extends 10 feet from your body, its stronng enough to deescalate major conflict(murders, rapes) into minor ones(assault) and completely stops minor conflict.

you can turn the effect on or off but have no control besides that, you are resistant to the effect of your own powers but far from immune.

I got fouled in a basketball game

I was working in a grocery store and a drunk guy broke a bottle of wine and cut his own throat with it and me and the baker had to restrain him and put pressure on his neck until the EMT's arrived

it needs to be a specific event, likely one pertaining to your emetophobia.

My best friend killed himself, and sometimes I see him in my dreams.

I was sexually assaulted by a friend after we all fell asleep on our buddy's floor after a house party. We'd hooked up a few times before and were kind of a thing, but she just started touching me while we were surrounded by about five of our sleeping friends on the floor and couches. I tried telling her 'no' repeatedly (as quietly as I possibly could, to avoid waking anyone up), but she didn't stop until I involuntarily came.

She thought it was funny or naughty or whatever, but we were surrounded by our sleeping friends and I was so terribly uncomfortable. I tried shoving her hand away and telling her to stop, but I was terrified that people would wake up and see what was happening if I made too much noise, and I was also scared of hurting her because (I thought) she was my friend.

Having an orgasm while having a panic attack simultaneously has kind of fucked up my relationship with sexual intimacy for the last couple of years. Every time I do anything with anyone there's always this nagging voice in the back of my mind saying "If I ask them to stop, will they?"

Yeah, fuck, this got heavy. I've never told anyone about this in real life. I guess being a victim of this sort of thing is fairly easy to theme a super power around, though.

I was thrown into a wall by my own brother, and it knocked a knife off a wall display and that knife fell through my wrist. I had to go to the hospital with the knife wrapped in place still inside my wrist, where the doctors removed it. My hand now makes clicky noises when i rotate it, but i kept the hand.

you can "stitch" organic matter together, this is usefull for first aid but it can also be used to fuse someones lips or eyelids together or even attach 2 people to each other.

you find the act of stitching skin to feel very pleasurable to you and you WANT to do it.

can I unstitch the skin when i'm done

can I stitch my hand to my dick and jack off and then unstitch it

Hmmm

Long time ago when I was still a boy, Pops was going to the corner store for some more drinks. Didn't know he was inebriated already (Like I said, I was still just a boy) and I wanted some snacks so I tagged along.
As we were heading home some police pulled up behind us and turned their sirens/lights on. Pops fucking stomped down on the gas and we ended up plowing into someone's backyard, before hand though I dropped this McD's Happy Meal toy, I bent down to pick it up when we crashed.
Totaled half their fence and almost their roof, one of the beams went right through the windshield and cleaved the passenger-side headrest right off the seat. Had it not been for that toy I would have died early and relatively happy

Fuck man, I'm so sorry to hear some shit like that happening. I had experienced something like what you did, but not as bad. Well
I dunno, it was bad cause it made me feel ashamed and disgusted with myself to this day.

Hope that you're holding up dude and that things improved.

Your semen causes fear

When I was 5 years old, my left arm went threw a China cabinet window. Glass was everywhere and my arm got a deep gash on it that was bleeding profusely. As my mom rushed me to the hospital I kept nodding off from the blood loss. I also had to be restrained while getting stitching up. Pic related is what was used to restrain me.

Two guys attempted to rob me while I was delivering pizzas. We got in a scuffle and I got shot in the arm. I learned a year and a half later by a detective working on the case that I actually made the guy shoot himself as well but in the leg. Both are in prison now. One should be getting out soon. And no they didn't get the $28 I had on me so I consider it a win.
pic related

you have the power to designate someone within line of site as a "victim", when a victim feels pain or emotional distress anyone who the vicim sees and as an authority figure within a 5 mile radius become aware of the victim and that persons location.

common authority figures include well known super heroes, cops or fire fighters.

Thanks man. That really means a lot. I know it doesn't help much me just saying it, but please don't punish yourself over what happened. I don't need to know the details to be able to tell you that it wasn't your fault.

I'm managing. Take care of yourself amigo. I got your back.

Pff. Thanks. I needed a laugh.

I may or may not have killed a man, by hitting him from behind with a brick during an altercation that happened outside a bar.

We were outnumbered by a group of youths after a staring incident, and I was pushed down after which they began to drunkenly kick my friend.

I picked up a jagged chunk of brick and hit one of them when he wasn't paying attention, then we all ran away.

I don't what the deal is with the rising suicide rate, I am really sorry to hear about that man. You have my condolences, I hope you are able to get past that trauma soon.

you could unstitch it with a knife i guess.

your happy meal toy becomes a totem of great power to you, as long as you are holding it you are pretty close to indestructible.

not being in contact with the toy causes sever depression, you would probably kill yourself within a week, the toy is about as durable as you are(when your holding it).

Keep your head up, brother.

Your attacks on flatfooted or unaware subjects do 1d6 bonus damage

You have the power to make people shoot themselves but you MUST be holding a pizza

Minor invulnerability, but it only lasts as long as you don't masturbate

>MUST be holding a pizza
I like it although I had already dropped the pizzas when the shots occurred

>as long as you don't masturbate
I'm never getting that minor invulnerability.

I once managed to talk a mugger out of fucking me up and taking my wallet by asking him what his family would think of him. As he was leaving, I offered him help and took him back home. I eventually managed to help him swear off gambling and drinking.

you can control peoples fight or flight response, this makes people either scared enough to run from you or mad enough to fight you depending on your preference.

you can suppress this power but its always on, either set to fight or flight.

the supressed version of this power fuctions at about 20 percent, enough that your wife fears you might beat her if she overcooks the roast.at 100 percent a well known mob moss would run for cover and plead for his life.

When i was about four or five, the neighbor's black lab ran over to me, knocked me over, and stood on my chest, just where my lungs would need to expand to inflate. Then, he licked my face, covering my mouth and nose in a layer of saliva. The bubble over my nose and mouth required more breath than i could manage to burst, and i nearly died. Only when his owner knocked the dog off me was I able to breath, and at that time, my vision had gone almost completely white.

As you might guess, I am now phobic of dogs.

I was once on a cross country road trip, sleeping in the back of my car in rest stops and the like, when someone attempted to break in. I was able to fight them off, but it was the scariest moment of my life as I genuinely thought that I was going to die.I am still not sure how the hell I was able to get out of that alive, I normally am terrible at fighting, but in my panicked state I was able to do enough damage to scare the guy away. I was just flailing blindly, mind you... but still, I survived.

all canines within a city block see you as part of their "pack" this entails protecting you, feeding you, etc,

they are not your slaves, though your power would make training them very simple(you'd have to establish yourself as the alpha though.)

There was a school work experience thing on and that went okay, and it was the first time I'd had to take the bus back from somewhere outside my normal route. I didn't own a phone at that point, and I waited for the bus at what I thought was the right stop. Turns out that I'd been at the wrong one, which I found out as I was walking away to try and reach town.

It was getting dark and I got off at the wrong stop, scared that I had gotten the wrong one. I had no idea where I was, and it was only pure chance that got me back to a place I knew where I could get home. By now it's extremely late and cold, and what goes through my head is the thought that my parents will yell at me for being so late. I ran all the way home, falling over and then getting a small scar.

If I'd had a phone or paid attention to where the bus stop was in the first place, that would have been avoided.

I had gastroenteritis when I was 8 and had to be hospitalized

Like any great trauma, I've forgotten my worst. But the first time I had my "heart broken" my Dog, June, bit me. I loved and trusted this dog.

I was still pretty young, and didn't clique with the people in my school. But June was there for me. I lived in a pretty crap neighborhood too, but mine was terrifying as far as dogs go. She was black as pitch, poorly socialized with a bassy bark that followed the sound of her pulling on her chain.

I had picked up some food on the way home from school one day, and wanted to share it. But I dropped the container by her outside. June looked like she was having a hard time getting it open (No thumbs is a bitch.) and she tried warning me by growling. But you know, I thought animals were more than just animals back then. Looking back she could've done tons of damage to me, and the scar I've got shows she was holding back. I cried like a bitch though. I couldn't trust dogs after that for a long while.

your bodys strength speed and durability increase exponentially with your level of fear.
at your most fearful you can shrug off small caliber bullets, run 60 mph and bench press a ton, though anything that still scares you when your buffed up to max can probably level city blocks with ease and thus kill you anyway.

you very rarely get that far since the stronger your body gets the less fearful you are(unless the threat is mental/emotional, but then what good is lifting a car?)

This thread made me realize my concerns, worries, and problems are petty and meaningless. My greatest trauma was when my first serious girlfriend dumped me out of the blue and I was really depressed for 8 months, which was about 3 months longer than the relationship actually lasted.

I'm 23. My life has been boring and uneventful. I've never even broken a bone before.

I am now imagining all the dogs that live around here wanting my attention and i'm literally shivering at the thought of all that canine presence. Fucking stupid goddamn phobias.

you can teleport to anyplace you have been in the last 12 hours, you teleport to the exact space you ocupied, so id you where jogging in the park at 1 pm and at 8 pm you want to teleport to the park you can choose any spot on the trail you walked and you will be teleported back mid stride.

My dad forced me to grab a live electric fence. He practically roared at me when I let go. My fear of his anger drove me to grab and hold that same wire. I was only seven or eight at the time. To this day, I still fear any kind of wire.

I forgot to add a drawback to this one, if you teleport into matter cause you could not see where you where going(something moved into the spot that you where trying to teleport to) your probably gonna end up dead or disfigured.

people treat you as they would themselves, never asking or compelling you to do anything they would not do, no one can hit you unless they themselves would be willing to bear the same pain or your transgression, judges wont sentence you unless they themselves feel they could do the same time for the same crime.

this power is a drawback in the presence of people who truly hate themselves.

I found my father dead in his bed, after a week of slowly helping him overcome his depression driven alcohol abuse. Worst night of my life, after seeing him starting to get better and stop drinking.

Incidentally, if anyone else finds themselves in the same position, the place to detox from a long bender is a hospital, not at home. Not that Dad would have gone anyway.

you can take someones "pain" away from them and into yourself, pain is defined by the person you are using your power on, injury, disease or psychiatric syndromes are common kinds of pain, less common kinds of pain would be a traumatic memory, you could even takes someones power if they considered it a burden.

lets hope your better equipt to deal with pain than the people your trying to help.

My older brother held me underwater in our pool until I passed out. I was only 7.

You would probably get a power like Edict or somthing.

your motor functions degenerate proportionately with the amount of water within 30 feet of you. you are also an extremely powerful hydrokenetic, having fine enough control to use your water to pick locks or smash straight through walls.

at your most powerful you cant even walk or speak but you can float around in a tidal wave that tears apart the city.

A little on the nose.

gimmie a break man I only get a few minutes to come up with an idea and i am not a fast typist.

i also feel like ive been doing to many thinker, master and brute type powers, i wanted to do something big and flashy.

I was nearly shocked to death by a live wire, it blew off most of my pinky finger

So essentially Gavel, with a happy meal toy?

Probably a hypochondric panic attack. You'll never quite understand mortal dread until you've experienced the height of it for six consecutive hours.

The adrenal fatigue is real.

>had to restrain him and put pressure on his neck
Do you have to do this? Are you legally required to save someone trying to commit suicide?

I dont even remember what gavels powers are, i vaguely recall him being useful in the final fight against scion.

Basically, he can transfer a kind of invulnerability between himself, his gavel and whatever he touches, and he has super strength. So he could hit someone with the force of a truck, then make them invulnerable until they hit a wall and turned into a pile of red goo.

What the fuck? Did they shoot you with a bazooka?

Gavel was the greatest

gavels power reduces the damage he takes to a set amount, you can still kill him if you fight him long enough or spam him hard enough
is closer to traditional invulnerability.

its worse than Gavel's power but most are, that guy tanked multiple hits from Scion.

Do you really want to go down that route? You know how it ends.

Let's see, i can't say which of these is themathically appropriate, but...

>cut my thumb to the bone when clumsily opening a sausage pack
>broke my leg falling from the second step of a jungle gym ladder
>got stuck outside my grandparents house when both grandpa and grandma were in the hospital, in the freezing cold of the finnish winter, for 2 hours, without a cell phone.

Brute/Shaker: You gain a slight resistance to damage of any kind. Damage taken will both set the area as a kind of safezone, depending on how much damage you take and will charge up a battery of electrical energy that you can release from those safezones. The larger the safezone (the more damage you took while there), the more energy you can release.

Breaker(Stranger/Mover): You have the power to convince the world that you aren't actually there by taking a semi-intangible form. People can't touch you, but their brain rationalises it as you moving out of the way really quick. A similar thing happens with inanimate objects, so a camera will not capture you, a locked door will not register you as working under physical laws and you can breathe in any environment. Upon leaving the breaker form, you will feel exhausted, as though running an extreme marathon.

Thinker/Master: You are a social Thinker, essentially able to see connections between people and their vices. In addition, you can gather vices and give them to others, but while holding onto them you will feel a slight need for that vice that grows as time goes on.

Blaster/Brute: You become stronger and more durable in the presence of strong emotions and can release that strength out into the air as small balls of energy that will can be mentally directed towards a target. Utilising the blaster ability will completely remove your brute ability.

Stranger/Brute: You gain the ability to make living things innately trust you by touch, and can channel damage you take into those you have made your 'friends', though you still retain a measure of pain. Too much damage will remove their friendliness and you will have to touch them again to pick up the same effect.

Breaker(Mover/Shaker/Thinker): You can transform into a form which can attach to things telekinetically and move with them or vice versa, and have an innate sense of direction

Oh, one more.
>somehow jammed a blunt rock through my crocs and into my heel, in such a way that a small piece chipped off inside and had to be removed. Before that could be done, i wandered around the house cleaning up my own bloody footprints.

No powers for you, this is weenie hut juniors shit.

Modern world at large is detrimental for your sanity.

Due to my father cheating on my mother and three out of my four partners having cheated on me, I've developed an innate inability to trust people.

Hit me.

Been forced to have surgery on my balls
Pinkie is forever scarred and fucked up

people cant lie or deceive in your presence in any way, not even lies of omission, if they think its something you should know they are compelled to tell/show you.

not just lies though a body snatcher would be cast out of his false body in your presence, anyone eavesdroping on you would be compelled to inform you, etc.

It's either the first time I attempted suicide (hanging myself by my ceiling lamp by a belt, parents yelled at me to be quiet when the belt broke and I fell), the time I stabbed my friend in a park at midnight and ran away never to see him again over a girl, OR when I had my first major schizophrenic break and lost consciousness for an hour in a park that I later learned was spent stalking a woman in order to kill her.

You can summon the spirits of the dead. In reality you have the psychic power to make people have mass hallucinations and minor telekinesis. The spirits of the dead aren't really there just like your friend is never real, just a dream. You may or may not know that so your power might just be limited by your understanding of it.

I was attacked by a flock of Canadian Geese when I was five. Ripped my back up really bad and made it more scar tissue then fucking skin.

Now I can't even go near anything crow-sized or bigger without getting spooked.

I was snorkel diving and got attacked by a fish and almost drowned.

My head was put into a vice and my bully jammed a burning pen into my eye.

I survived the car accident thatkilled my father. He was the good parent.

I was kidnapped when I was 10 for witnessing a rape and was gone for 2 days, seeing them rape that woman several more times. Then she got up and got us out of there.

You can open old wounds and break healed bones and as an added bonus any past harm on a person glows for you when you look at it. This means ALL wounds including tiny things like biting your tongue and major things like surgery.

You named one of your testicles 'Pinkie'?

You can see 1 minute into the future and change yourself accordingly. The problem is it's only that future, the more you change the more your vision of the future is wrong. You can "reset" your future vision through near death experiences but your dreams have become clips of the different ways you were supposed to die.

Striker/Master/Stranger: You can manipulate people's fear by touching them. Each time you touch them, they will progressively get more and more scared, but not everyone will react in the same manner. In addition, your form will begin to change in their vision, according to how much your power has affected them. They will not be able to recall your original form.

Stranger/Mover/Blaster: You can move through earth, dirt, rocks or metal as though they aren't there, and can fire waves of energy that blast those materials away from you, but only those materials; organic matter is not affected.

Blaster/Stranger/Master: You fire waves of emotional energy that make those hit connect you with things that they like or feel good about. Their vision of you will change accordingly; if you become associated with their wife, they might think of you as their brother-in-law. With practise, you can alter how they see you to some degree.

Blaster/Stranger: You can fire visible waves of kinetic energy that become more powerful the less attention focused on them.

Brute/Blaster: Ability to generate and fire small bullets of energy that do more damage over time.

Brute: You can set up to three 'types' of damage that will cause you to regenerate rapidly. Examples of types include: Slashes, blood loss, blunt trauma, nerve damage, etc.

Sorry to hear that. Thinker/Master/Striker: By touching someone, you can see their current desires and needs. In addition, you can manipulate these, for example making their need to drink water tie into their sexual desire, so they will begin to believe that they can stop being thirsty by masturbating.

Tinker: Tinker with a focus on memories. More specifically, removing them.

You can make people forget the good things in life by speaking a specific word per person. Most people's "word" you just know but other times you'll have to find out what their first word was and use that, sort of like a True Name.

Your body has "super-adrenaline" that increases all your physical stats to low tier superhuman along with making you super aware of your surroundings almost to 180-degree vision level. The problem is it lasts 48 hours. A doctor once said to your parents, believing you were out of earshot, that he couldn't see someone surfing that on a normal basis without killing themselves from over-stimulation. Perhaps you can get a tinker to make you a super drug that helps you calm down or maybe you can find a healthy way to knock yourself unconscious on a daily basis.

You can cause dreadful fear in animals and with enough training you can control them through fear. Rarely humans have a pronounced part of their brain, you can cause them the same fear.

1. As long as you're drinking water you can cause someone to choke on it. Not very useful as a superhero but not all are.

OR

2. You can cause anything you touch to heat up, with enough training you can heat something up enough for it to explode.

OR

3. You're a tinker, your "tinker" thing is fast moving objects. Your first invention can switch velocity between two things.

4. You can make others physically and mentally unbreakable for a small amount of time, you can never use this on yourself and people have told you that afterwards they feel very uncomfortable around you.

>Breaker(Stranger/Mover): You have the power to convince the world that you aren't actually there by taking a semi-intangible form. People can't touch you, but their brain rationalises it as you moving out of the way really quick. A similar thing happens with inanimate objects, so a camera will not capture you, a locked door will not register you as working under physical laws and you can breathe in any environment. Upon leaving the breaker form, you will feel exhausted, as though running an extreme marathon.
So I'm Tabloid-lite?

I walked down an industry park towards my home. I noticed three running bikes parked outside a car trader. I thought it was odd, but I kept walking. I remember thinking about how wasteful and bad for the environment it is to just leave three bikes running outside, when you're shopping for a car.
Then three guys run out of the car trader in full sprint, all clad in black, two guys with axes, and one with a revolver.
I freeze RIGHT UNDER A STREET LAMP. I think "This is it. I'm gonna get a bullet in the back now." And they just drive past me, without acknowledging me.

I then ran into the car trader to see if anyone got hurt. The manager got slashed with an axe, but dodged away, only ripping his shirt, and an intern got pistolwhipped, and was all shocked offering everyone drinks. The robbers didn't get anything, the car trader only did digital transactions and paper transactions, so there was no money in the safe. Cops arrived, took me to the station for a statement, and they then actually dropped me off at the cinema. Because when I walked home, I was supposed to prepare for seeing a film with some of my classmates.

Good thing we went to a film, because I was shaking like someone with Parkinson.

You don't get a power.

If you stand completely still nobody notices you.

In a really bad summer school the final day my last period teacher leaves for the teachers rec room and lets us have the last hour off, some kids I had a problem with let their older brothers/friends though the backdoor and forced me to fight the one who really hated me. When I started to win they jumped me and punched me for a few moments but thankfully let me leave.

You could use that or afterwards when the adrenaline stopped and I was crying in front of the school waiting for my parents as the other kids got in the buses laughing at me.

You're brain automatically alerts you to threats in a mile radius and you have x-ray vision that helps you get away from any bad situation.

I got hit by a chair in the face. It flew across the room. I had an operation performed on me that same day.

can someone do me I've done like six people or is it bad to ask?

Flesh Telekinesis. You can control flesh with your mind. At first you think it's just TK but after awhile you'll realize your true power and it'll be a bad time for anyone who crosses you.

Let's dig deeper user, and I'll see if I can't give you a thematically appropriate power.

Why the suicide attempt? How do people treat you? How do you feel about yourself? Is the schizo stuff common or rare? How do you feel about your life?

I was a pretty troubled kid, constantly in and out of new therapists and with a family that had no idea what was going on with me. Thus the suicide attempt was the normal "high schooler who had no friends and no one to talk to about his problems. Just lonely and tired of being sad.

The older cool kids made fun of me a lot to look cool in front of girls BUT everyone else just didn't really talk to me after I put walls around myself. Ended up most of my problems were cause I pushed others away.

Eh. I'm not doing great but my life is considerably better than in high school.

The schizo stuff was the start of my downward spiral into complete fucking anarchy. That was the first time I ever control to the point that I wasn't controlling the skin suit. After that the voices got worse and my control slipped until five years later when I finally had the right pills to keep it locked away without constant vigilance and concentration.

I have pretty bad problems with anxiety but they've cleared up recently. Most of my life I've been fucking up from either depression, the schizo stuff, or my inability to deal with my problems without two more problems coming up. Mental shit is tough but I finally have a path in front of me obscured by anything besides personal understanding and meditation. But lemme tell ya it's been hell to get here.

Caused BECAUSE I pushed others away. Trust issues.

UNOBSCURED. Christ I can't spell for shit

Running is probably the only thing someone will be doing with that power

The anxiety of nothing bad ever happening in my life thus I never have anything important to add.

I've always had a fear of heights. One day when I was a tweenager I was near the top of a sizeable cliff and tripped forward. My face fucking hit dirt like an inch away from the edge. I'm not sure if the fall would have killed me or not but it scared the fuck out of me.

Well, i was a very angry kid. I got into fights ALOT. The biggest event is probably that i once tried to strangle a kid much taller than me during class. I even caused the teacher to hyper ventilate and lose her shit.
Heres the thing though. I dont remember it. Any of it. The whole event is whipped from my memory and i dont know why. I only know about it cause other people told me about it. It was really ackward coming to school the next day all happy cause we were going on a field trip, and finding the principal and like three teachers waiting for me in class. All glaring at me. And me not having the slightest idea why.

I was a fucked up 10 year old.

You can cause accidents but it increases your heart pressure slightly for an hour. More or less bad luck that always ends in pain for anyone else. If you train hard enough you MIGHT be able to focus it enough to accurately target enemies.

It's not a single incident, but I was constantly and mercilessly bullied, put down, excluded and made to feel like dirt by everyone my age and older from childhood through my formative years till I broke contact with the people responsible in my mid 20s. Physically and emotionally when I was a child, only emotionally later.

So basically I'm pic related?

>your greatest trauma
Finding out the only ray of sunshine in my life never loved me and was just trying to have me knock her up and wrangle me with abuse so she could leech off my money.

When I was 16, my poor relationship with my dad had reached an apex. We got physical, and I was thrown through a staircase and am to this day missing a piece of my elbow that got chipped away.

So I left in the middle of a huge blizzard, half expecting to die. I don't remember exactly how long I'd been out there, I'd left before in similar conditions, so I can't tell if it was hours or days. But, I slept outside at some point for sure.

I've done- rather am doing- the neet thing for a number of years after my university girlfriend got me drunk and talkative about things better left unsaid. The info leak resulted in most of my friendships due to following trust issues as well as my self esteem.