Thought you faggots might be interested in this. My copy just arrived and I'm up for questions

Thought you faggots might be interested in this. My copy just arrived and I'm up for questions.

Models are hard plastic but the quality is bad. Very static poses and the detail is Hero quest from the 90's level bad. There's no texture or movement to almost anything but the Dancer who's cape is flowing. It's like they took the game models and did nothing to compensate for the lack of textures. Swords often come to really flimsy points that will break easily. Like you get with plastic army men. Scale is off on a few models who have tiny heads for their bodies. Titanite demon and Garogyle are the only good figures in the set.

Ask away.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8aQtK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aw man, I was thinking about using the Knight miniature instead of a token for my paladin in D&D.

Can we get pics and more specific commentary on all the player character minis?

Group shot.

Fear my $1 bag of soldiers quality sword, for it shall.. bend at the tip!

How big are the bases for the player minis?

They're different sizes. The warrior and knight are standard GW size, the other 2 are 32mm so new space marine size. I don't know why they're different sizes.

How is the rules for the game does it match the tone to games at all?

I've not played it yet so I can't tell you but I've heard it feels pretty similar.

So i assume 25mm bases would work just fine. Any other minis match that size?

>I don't know why they're different sizes.
Because of the poses. The feet reach out to the edge of the base. They're not really meant to be standardized.

Well this is disappointing, but I guess some cleaning and painting will at least make them good enough to identify at this level.

The poses require larger bases but why would you have non-standard bases for pcs? It doesn't make sense/

He knows that curved swords are top of the DS3 meta, he's ahead of the game.

Can you confirm or deny there being any rules for playing an invader against a gank squad or a random roll to block phantoms from entering a boss arena?

Invadera aren't in the base game, they didn't like the rules so they dropped them to an expansion pack to give them time to fix it.

I've had great hopes for these minis, that Ornstein design looked fucking dope but that pic makes my stomach turn. It looks like a misproportioned miscast almost, reminds me of some of my old release-era Fire Warriors.

Into the trash it goes, really. Doesn't really matter if the game is good when a solid 80% of the hype was for the minis.

Gallery for all the models.
imgur.com/a/8aQtK

Would upload them but chink Moot is running outdated stuff.

Did you get an email or something before your copy showed up? I'm still waiting on mine and haven't gotten any information aside from the last kickstarter update.

Ok I take that back, most of them are actually decent-tier. Could be nicer, but maybe that's the choice of plastic. It seems the player characters are actually the worst hit.

No direct contact no. The update said Bongistan ones would be shipping this week and then I got a package today. I was expecting PC parts not this so it was quite a shock

It's hard to explain what's wrong with the bigger stuff but it feels cheap. the detail isn't quite deep enough

Well, it looks like more detailed army men. The plastic has a particular grainy sheen to it and rounded edges that remind me greatly of cheap molded plastic figures you find in dollar stores/poundland

Exactly. It's not as flimsy but that's how it feels.

Jesus they look like shit.

You should scrub, prime and paint a few. Tell us how it goes, maybe they look a lot better done up.

I have a youtube channel I do video painting tutorials on. I originally set it up to do this game and now I'm kind of.. eh to the idea.

how the hell this crap of pice of shit half coocked game got such high marks by revievers ?

Why though? It might be the best way to "salvage" them and it would help others, it's a niche boardgame so I doubt many others would do it. Have faith and try it, I say.

What's wrong with it?

Free copies + SJW filled media might not be very good judges of quality?

I probably will. I've got to finish painting the Doom cyberdemon and editing that video but then I'll put it up. You can see the type of video I make at paintingvideogames.com

games journalism is a very ethical business

Also received my copy this week - wasn't that disappointed by the models desu, for a board game they're decent. There's a bit of flash to clean off but nothing excessive and the bent bits go back with a bit of hot water no problem.

Partway through painting a test model and they seem to take paint pretty decently.

As far as the actual game goes, I've played twice so far, once solo and once with two players, both times we died before beating the miniboss so it's suitably difficult, but it is picked up pretty quickly and definitely been enjoying it.

>Tom Vasel is called a cult of the new shill who overhypes everything
>He gives the only straight review of this (it's boring and repetitive, the minis aren't great, I don't care about the IP)
As with anything you need to get away from famboys to get a real judgment, everyone else is doing the "IP is popular so I'll get panned if I give it bad reviews" song and dance or is activelly a Soulsborne fag trying to justify the expense.

Looks pretty comfy mate, I look forward to it. I know a few people who ordered it so I might get to play it at some point.