40k fluff

Sup Veeky Forums
Recently, I've been getting more and more into novels and such of the 40k universe.
So far I've read some horus heresy, last chancers and Ciaphas Cain.
I've found a scanned copy of the Imperial Infantryman's uplifting primer, which I'm looking into now.
I heard there was a damocles gulf edition now or something, what's the deal with that?
Should I post some pdf's here, or is that not done

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!E5gmnDYD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I also very much enjoyed this one.
Titans are pretty cool

The Damocles edition just puts a couple of pages regarding how the weak Tau are, which is of course accurate

For posterity

would you say it's worth it?
Also, I've found NEEDEN's edtion of the primer(or something like that)

Anyone have a pdf of the Imperial Infantryman's manual, with the primer as well as the munitorium manual?

The three extra pages for the Damocles edition

I dunno if there's more content related, it's what I have for now, I haven't looked forward

post as many pdfs as you want

on a slightly related note, I feel like if 40k gets a decent movie (which will never happen), George Clooney would make a perfect commissar cain

Thanks good buddy
much obliged

Going to be twiddling my thumbs at the airport tomorrow for an hour and I've been looking for free 40k titan material to pass the time hoping this will fill my thirst for God machines thanks a bunch

I also have this
Haven't read it yet, though

Do you have any interesting titan-related pdf's? Or something else to share perhaps

I've been reading fluff on the wiki a lot and got interested in the priest of mars series. Anyone know where I can get them?

A sign from the omnissiah! Doing the emperors work.

You've read all that and not read Isenhorn or Ravenor.
Wew lad.

the emperor protects, citizen

Once I get into some shit, I dl all available material and dump it into my tablet.
Can you tell me a bit more about either pls? I think I might have an eisenhorn epub hanging around somewhere.
unfortunately, I posted all pdf's I have, save the Cain ones

Sadly I am just a lowly servant of the emperor and can give nothing but my body to his great plan, but you are a shiny beacon of hope in such dark time like which this empire has seen naught

emperor bless your path and tits

If you enjoyed Ciaphas Cain, you should put down this brain-rotting, poorly written garbage science fantasy and read some Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser. It has sex as well as violence and you'll very likely learn some really interesting shit about Victorian-era military history and colonialism.

lurk lurk

can someon post the new novel about Guilliman?

Eh, I knew what I was getting into, grimdark and superficial.
If I wanted more depth, I'd read a book on the oceans of the earth.
no but seriously, 40k novels are pulpy entertainment at best, but if that's what you're looking for...
I've got some more to post, but seeing as I'm the only guy posting here, I'll wait a bit.
Barring this guy, of course.

Oh, Flashman is two-fisted pulp with grim moments, it's why his stuff got ripped off by the talentless hacks at GW.

Literally one fucking post above. Sequentially numbered, no less.

Eisenhorn is the imperium from the perspective of an inquisitor.
Ravenor is the sequel from the perspective of Eisenhorn's wheelchair bound psyker apprentice.
Both top notch.

Yeah, I posted the pdf, but I was too lazy to reply 1 second later.
Are there any more mechanicus books? I don't have them, but looking never hurt

you got pdfs? I'd like to read those then

Also, is it just me, or are all BL books ridiculously short

I typed out my request just as he posted the PDF. More good fortune on my part than anything else.

I'd say the novel you 100% have to read is Inquisition war. Eisenhorn is a solid pick, and you can't go wrong with the first and only series (though imo they're kind of boring), but Inquisition war by Ian Watson is the original 40k novel. It's kind of aged, one of the main characters is a sqaut, but its still great.

Another series is the Ultramarines/Iron warriors books. Basically, theres two parallel series, and its probably the best series for 40k I've ever read. theres a chronology for both series on lexicanum but it contains spoilers, if you're interested I can just post the unspoiled list

There are a lot of novels (as well as other stuff) in the /40kg/ mega links.

I looked at those, but I thought there were only codices and rulebooks, not fluff books
welcome to prove me wrong though

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
Under Warhammer 40,000/Background.

Also I this doesn't seem to be in the current pasta.
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!E5gmnDYD

lovely my son, much obliged
I'm at home now, so have some shit
I also really loved this book

Flashman's a different breed. He clearly inspired Cain but where Cain's ambiguously a selfish ass, Flashman's most definitely that. If Cain somehow got himself a copy of Flashman, I'm thinking he'd start thinking better of himself.

Munitorium manual in case anyone still wants it
I'm the same guy who asked it, user helped me find it

>EXTRACTIONS
>(1) All references to the Immortal Emperor as a god should be expunged or corrected.
I think I need a Commissar.

lol

Dark Hunters, one of the rare decent SM books, sadly never published because GW was afraid of legal problems due to another unrelated Dark Hunters book.

I'm not able to post PDFs, but my list of enjoyable 40k fluff consists of:

Abnett's books (Eisenhorn>Ravenor=Gaunt's Ghosts, and the one-shots are generally good)
William King's Space Wolf books (takes a sharp downturn when the author changes later in the series though)
Cain, but you've already read that
And even if it's not official fluff, I consider the All Gaurdsmen Party one of the better 40k works

On the fantasy side consider checking out the slayer series, also by William King I believe.