Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Which book will you buy?" Edition

>previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-IE/Sector-Mechanicum-Industrial-Bases-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=vrrky5Jg9D0
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Triumvirate of the Imperium
>Triumvirate of Ynnead
So what will be the Triumvirate of Chaos?

First for Rubrics being actually playable in 8th

You forgot triumvirate of the primarch

Nick from Nu Goyims' Cuckshop here:
Spoilers for today's reveal: Assault horde armies get BLACKED

Xenos, duh

>dat variety

Never, filthy dumb traitor scum

Just got WD, new forgeworld themed Sector Mechanicus bases are coming.

Would we really get a AoS style, mix and match?

They are already available on pre-order, and have been for a few days.

games-workshop.com/en-IE/Sector-Mechanicum-Industrial-Bases-2017

I just looked before posting and didn't see them. Teach me to get excited for something.

>this cunt was one of the lead writers for 8th edition

>tyranids about to get cucked for the FOURTH FUCKING EDITION IN A ROW

meh I expect all the factions will feel shitty on release (other than vanilla marines and death-guard obviously) will have to wait until nids get their "war-tome" or whatever they decide to call it to find out what their ultimate fate's going to be this edition

>Tyranid War Tome
>Written By: Robin Cruddace

So we're supposed to softly weep alien tears until that happens. I might just get some sm.

How many mechanised firewariorrs squads are ideal for a fast-moving force supported by tanks. crisis, broadsides, and riptides?

>play alpha legion
>but marines and DG are going to be good
>can ally with DG or use marine book depending on which is better
Looks like everything is comeing up Hydra!

okay okay, but there's always hope right? right guys?

Last two times the Cruddexes came out GWs stock plummeted sharply.

If this happens again they're going to feel the hit again and will fucking wake up.

Pissing off Tyranid players seems to be like, bad juju. There's like a voodoo curse to it or something.

Why hasn't the new WD dropped in britland yet? :(

Well we all know in the end the space marines will win. Every time. Even if I would personally let my own biomass become a part of the great hive mind.

>that pillar with a servo skull on it

I want to buy a bunch of them and put them by the road on the Sector Imperialis board as grimderp parking meters.

Nice quads (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!)
Planning on a fallen list, will probably do the same

There's every reason to expect it to be fine, and nothing to indicate it could be bad.

So you're telling me my Black Templars are going to be the new hotness, right?

i have a general question. How many female characters are barefoot in 40k?(aside from celestine, yvraine and pic related)

Fuck that
Which model has the largest boobs?

So are 25mm bases just gone from the game? Or will they come out at a later date on their own kit, maybe with some oval bases?

...I don't think Celestine is barefoot. She's in power armour.

Go home Tarantino, Veeky Forums is not the place for you

REMEMEBER THE FOUR F's:
FUCK
OFF
FOOT
FAGS
worse that furries

>8th edition will "upgrade" the smallest bases to be 32mm
FUCK

There has never been a better time to get into, or get back into, 40k.

And I am thinking of doing just that. Currently I have a 4th Edition Necron and 6th Edition Black Templar armies. Should I buy something new or stick with what I have and make small adjustments for 8th?

shit... I had just finished basing all of those Orks.
At least they will be good in 8th edition, right? Right?

We’ve heard about movement, psychic powers, shooting and charge already and also saw weapon and unit profiles. Today Fight phase will be teased so we know a lot of stuff already. What not mentioned rules (for now) should be dropped of?

>celestine
>barefoot
She's covilized enough to put shoes on and not as degenerate as this xenos scum and foot fags.

i mostly asked because i wanted to establish how much of a footfags the GW's modelers are, but not like i have ways of proving it

Command point abilities

I don't know about all that but I want charging to give +1 to your combat resolution
And I want a definite release date

Maybe I've missed something, but what are the May releases? Since June is 8th edition box and all that comes with it, what are the releases before that, i.e. now?

So what is left for them to tease us with?
Combat is coming today, they'll probsbly make a post about missions and objectives, most likely about FOCs and Command Points, possibly something about deployment, maybe a post about how independent characters will work.

Fucking over loyal consumers is a bad move. GW seems like one of the few companies that does this.

Most companies only dream to have this level of consumer loyalty. GW takes it for granted.

blanche is a heelsfag, goodwin is a footfag

We both know that Ork Boyz are gonna be I1 in 8th.

Search your feeling, you know it to be true.

So is there like a finite amount of Custodians or are there more being made?
I always had the impression that since they were made by the Emprah that there are only so many of them around in total and that more couldn't be made

thank you kindly

Initiative is gone in 8th. If you charge you strike first

>Initiative even existing

Wow, you're behind on the news, huh?

but 8th doesnt have initiative

or you could just buy one and clone stamp it out with a simple mold

Are you sure he was?
Seems really unfair for nids players.

We all know Orks are going to get dick over by some "random is fun" rule that makes them hit last and deal to themself 1d6 wounds per ork model in the unit when charging

>So are 25mm bases just gone from the game?
nah. they'll still be in for stuff like guarsmen and tau.

Weren't they made with the Emperor's own geneseed and are all older than even the oldest Chapter Master and have often already been active before all Primarchs were found?

pretty sure they're still being made but on a much more limited scale than when Big E was wandering about. I think there was some stuff on them in the 2nd ed rulebook or codex imperialis. Obviously there's more up to date stuff but I don't know if it's 30k or 40k

duh, celestine of course, she's quite stacked

Nah, they gonna get big black pulse round to the back of their head.

It's not the same style of game but I think D&D 4e had a good design philosophy with it's random stuff (With the chaos sorcerer/wild mage). If you are going to give someone randomness as a feature, make all the options something you want. So while you may not get exactly what you'll want, you'll always get something nice.

I'd be ok with Orks having randomness if it was that sort. Like if you didn't know which mode snazzguns would fire on but all of them were pretty good weapons.

Ork cheerleaders. So big they sag.

Blood Bowl isn't 40k and its orc not ork.

Duncan's got some nice conversions in WD for Shadow War, Men At Arms tied into his Knight army.

Then it. The model is huge, so it's tits must be huge too.

Alright so my main army is Tyranids.

I want to start up a second army, and I'm trying to decide between the two hyper-advanced sciency armies.

So.

Should I go for the xenos that are so highly advanced that they enslaved their gods and conquered death itself?

or should I go for the cyborgs who wield the near-arcane power of their forebears, technology so super-advanced that it is seen as basically magic to the men who have lost all the knowledge behind why it actually works?

Both armies seem pretty rad.

I'm mostly wanting to play something that's more or less the opposite of Tyranids, to give my tabletop games some variety.

So, instead of a (relatively fast came 8th, if hormagaunt rumors are anything to go by) horde melee army, I want slow shooty army.

Also, rules that allow me to dick with, fuck with, or otherwise troll my opponent are a plus.

So based around the way 8th ed is looking, this looks to be the hottest Ork list out there. 12d6 automatic hits per unit, also works in Overwatch. Transports probably won't explode anymore and will have wounds and armour saves so probably fairly survivable. No need to muck around with trying to charge and eat Overwatch; just drive around flaming everything in sight. With everything being able to wound everything, 42 auto-hits per unit on average means that even with 6's to wound, that's 7 wounds per unit.

All hail the glorious God-Emperor of Mankind

youtube.com/watch?v=vrrky5Jg9D0

eldar

>Reboot Guilliman.

Probably at least two entirely original characters. Out of the eleven models in triumvirate boxes so far, only two have replaced existing models and one was a previously established background character.

I've only built admech, but necron models seem less frustrating to put together and easier to paint, so there's that.

It's already been released

It's the one with Guilliman in it

>non-jetbike, non-wraithguard eldars
>seen on the tabletop
Top lel. Nice one.

a little early to judge. we don't know how the rest of the ork arsenal will be.

Raw-Boot-ayy

Are Psykers worth taking in 7e?

I'm rocking IG w/3 Primaris Psykers and I'm thinking about allying with Inquisition to get even more warp charges.

Is there any news on psykers in 8th edition?

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/

Who are 40Ks no.1 mary sue faction?
Who can literally do no wrong?
Who are GWs favoured goys

loyalists get out, this is a chaos board

Combat phase update when?

>Transports probably won't explode anymore and will have wounds and armour saves so probably fairly survivable.
Guardsmen have wounds and armor saves so probably faily survivable?.

Sounds like they are a bit more potent.

Quiet, traitor scum

I mean, you get each spell once per round total, so probably not.

Chaos.

REEEEEEE HUMANS GET OUT THIS IS A XENO BOARD

Tau.

I would be inclined to believe that just from looking at the new map that makes zero mention of the Tyranids at all.

Awww, what a cute npc

rawbooty girlyman

literally can't

>DA
>Imperium

Oh, u...

>shitty unfunny /r/Warhammer40k meme
Kindly go back

I've been seemingly lost in the warp to long brothers. What happened with this 8th edition all of a sudden?
Did girlyman get ressed or something from his stasis?
>tfw 70 eurodollars for the triumvirate

Will guardians be -1 assault 2, -3 on 6 to wound or will they still suck and force Eldar players to use jetbike troops?

Ultramarines, they even get retcons to make them look good.

Well hilariouse stuff like pic related will happen, but fun is bad wrong so everybody is going Lamenters about it, since they can't mathhammer if terminators are bad jet.

Like the only bad apple is Cato. Even then other ultras get annoyed by his asshole way.

He bitches about Guardsmen retreating and not fighting Tau battlesuit with empty lasguns.

Sorry did you post this thinking it was funny?

>he doesn't rate cato sicarius

Eldar isn't OP, it's just easier to play because they're effective despite little customization options. Anything other than 7th ed orks and nids can go toe to toe with "cheesy" Eldar.

Cato Sicarius a dick and needs to stuff his pompous asshole shit up the anus of the necron lord who beat him in a duel