Space creature pic thread

Hey, im writing for a sci fi setting, and am looking for Pictures of strange creatures.
Pics of civilization building beings and Space monsters or simply weird Flora and Fauna.

You got stuff like that?

Abiogenisis's Birrins are pretty neat - he's got a few writeups for their civilization and tech.

Prehistoric sea-life like the Dunkleosteus and the Helicoprion are also pretty fucking cool.

Speculative paleoart in general can bring a whole bunch of cool shit.

Search dr grordbort exceptional exhibition
Thank me later

Correction, grordbort bestiary of the cosmos

>grordbort bestiary of the cosmos
Anything by WETA, really. Aaron Beck's aliens and the original designs he drew up for the District 9 prauns (and WETA's six-legged design) were also good.

Thanks a bunch, theres a lot of awesome stuff already.

i think i saw a few of his drawings already, but didn't know where they came from, love the Birrin, thanks

a lot of speculative evo pics look a bit too much like "regular" dinosaurs to me, but still thanks, found a few really neat ones.

thats just beautifully weird stuff, also yay penis people.

Awesome, thanks man. Exactly what i was looking for.

Ken Barthelmey is pretty good too

Null sweat, chummer. If you can, get a copy of Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials, it's an awesome book. Try Amazon or your public library.

why does it have genitals and no anus?

implying this aliens anus doesn't look like that

I like his raptor-esque alien.

>those ugly ass sandals

Yeah, given the way their feet are jointed there's no reason they couldnt just us bifurcated shoes, although it doesnt do as much to show off the anatomy, which is probably why he went with sandals.

Thats a problem you run into when depicting an alien race in clothing: you tend to not cover up as much as you should realistically. Humans wearing everyday clothes cover up a lot of anatomical features: nipples, genitals, belly buttons, hair placement, and even some details of musculature. Alien races never go out that covered up because the artist wants to show off the anatomy he's come up with.

enough with the limbs and the symmetry! gimme something real weird

Some one draw it wearing crocs

you understand where it's at, chordatacentric biology is so fucking unlikely in any planet outside of earth it's not even worth considering.

Darwin IV has some cool stuff

>eyes scattered to the sides of it's head
This thing isn't anywhere close to being a top predator.

Maybe this thing is actually tiny.

Or this thing lives near something way more dangerous.

>tfw they likely had big goofy lips to protect their teeth