Why is the Thousand Sons liked?

Is it true that there is a sense of liking between the Fandom and the Thousand Sons? And if so,then why? Because of their tragic fall, their feud with the Space Wolves, or just because the Thousand Sons strike a common chord with a lot of 40k fans (lorefags who devour every bit of the text.)

I mean...they look pretty cool

Different people like different things for different reasons.
The examples you gave are all valid and likely align with what many people feel.

>fandom
ugh

All of the above.

because you can play them as their own dudes on their own quest for power.
Steal some magic items here, learn some forbidden knowledge there, and you can do what you want without specifically worshiping tzeentch. Look at Ahriman vs Magnus.
When you are a khornedog all you want to do is kill stuff

are the new TS plastics bigger than the old ones? Like.. as big as the deathwatch marines are compared to the plastic tacticals

Autism essentially.

That and Thousand Sons (Magnus especially) are the dindu nuffin niggers of the Horus Heresy, which appeals to people I guess.

In a lot of stories Thousand Sons sorcerers try to be above petty things like revenge, but still can't help themselves. I think a lot of people can relate to that.
And fighting against a cruel and unescapable fate that forced them to be on the wrong side of a conflict makes them rather likeable for 'bad guys'

Around the same size as deathwatch marines.

>space egyptians
>actually well written and morally gray backstory
That's really it. That's 2 points more than most space marine chapters.

>using words
>to communicate concepts
>as if you're trying to send some kind of message
>on a message board of all things
ugh

Name one Legion that embodies Chaos Sorcerors better. A following was virtually assured.
Doesn't hurt that the 2ed Tzeentch Marine wiped the floor with the other 3

I think they look cool. Their lore is different enough from the rest of Chaos to make them interesting.

>being a faggot
ugh

>using onomatopoeic groaning noises to convey emotion
Disgusting.

>pre heresy always has different paint schemes
why?

After 10,000 years some people like to change their style.

>moist
squelch

I really liked the hotrod gloss red scheme forgeworld gave the Sons.

I also still find it funny that the blue (and white) legion ended up turning red after the heresy, while the red legion turned blue.

Pretty much this:
I don't care too much about the lore, but they have sick designs. Here's hoping they're gonna be strong in 8th

Tzeentch is the patrician choice of chaos god. The desire to make a mortal force of schemers and plotters resonates with the type of person who enjoys wargames and fancies himself an armchair general.

Unfortunately they've been rather weak since 3Rd edition, what with killier gods stealing the limelight or the resilience God being the nobrainer choice for troops, what with the passive always on bonus trumping situational stay boosts or invulnerable saves that don't make you more resilient to 80% of incoming fire.
Overcosted neutered psykers (psykers got toned down bigleague in 3Rd, thousand sons didn't recover with the later editions due to God specific powers being lame ducks) didn't help matters.

As has been noted the fluff and the aesthetic rocks so when you did see them on the table, you knew the guy was in it for the story and not an ingame advantage. All these factors, being underdogs and associated with bro-tier players have left them being regarded fondly by non yiffs.

>fandom
>Message board

Well we know you're not from around here. Where did you escape from?

They look rad

Partly is a genuine empathy with Magnus, the only likeable character in the setting.

Mostly it's because everyone hates the Space Wolves, a forced meme chapter that doesn't fit into the setting at all.

I started playing them a long time ago because of the Egyptian theme and the complete contradiction of being the most outwardly unchanged Chaos legion because of their lack of mutations, while simultaneously being one of the most changed legions because 90% of them are dust. Although the new release now shows a lot of sorcerers with mutations so that one is out the window.

The rubric halted, not reversed mutations.
There was fluff where some sorcerers covered up their mutations and some embraced them as favour from the gods.
I always reckoned that's why Ahriman has a helm on, but I was wrong: he's gorgeous.

Why do Daemons get a 5++ save?

>everyone hates the Space Wolves, a forced meme chapter that doesn't fit into the setting at all
I don't think it has anything to do with the lore. It has everything to do with the type of people who pick Space Wolves.

>attempting to use human language to convey concepts that are far too complex to be adequately conveyed by such primitive methods
:(

>only likeable character in the setting.
Who is Loken?
Who is Tarik Torgaddon?
Who is Macer Varren?
Who is Garro?
Who is Vulkan?
Who is Tu'Shan?
Who is Gabriel Seth?
Who is Bjorn?
Who is Jaghatai Khan?
Who is Targutai Yesugei?
Who is every single other White Scar that has ever had a line of dialogue?

>only likeable character in the setting
Fuck yourself with a manta. Sideways. Magnus's only contribution to the setting was fucking the entire species over by doing the one single thing he was told not to. That's it.

Nowadays his entire purpose is just to job to the wolves to make them seem less retarded.

They look good and we both have the space furries.

BL cuckmuncher detected.

Azrael is pretty cool too.

>Hur dur I don't read. Books are for nerds.

How the fuck can you think you deserve the jock mindset when you play Warhammer? I'm honestly curious.

Psyker heavy and Egyptian theme does it for me.

Let's not forget the hero of the series.

p o t t e r y

man, that post was dumb

That's the weirdest looking picture of Ciaphas Cain I have ever seen.

While defending magnus of all people

lolno mary sue fuckboy

Shouldn't you be in bed? It's a school night.

>100010100011110110100000001011011101
(%^&#^

He said the series, user, not the Imperium.

By looks? they're cool, by fluff? victim complex

Not seeing a counter argument here.

The new novel made Fabius Bile pretty damn likeable too, strange as it sounds.

Because I'm also a psyker.

I read sourcebooks for the game, not pulp literature written for manchildren by manchildren. When reading for leisure, I prefer books with greater literary merit than a dog turd.

>Because of their tragic fall
That's a lot of it for me.
Also aesthetics.

They are a great army for setting up missions with, since they have very different motives like finding hidden knowledge or altering the course of entire campaigns with small skirmishes. They are never going to play exactly as they should though, ward saves get pretty abused as the result of their powers. Every single sorceror is totally dominant over an imperial librarian.

Red and white were the royal colours of Rameses II (who Magnus is based off) and his city Pirameses was moved when its riverbed dried up which is similar to how part of Prospero was transported to the planet of sorcerors. Dunno why its metallic, its a 30k thing but it does make the red less flat and give it a darker tint like porphyry or something.

Once again, you don't get to be an elitist when you actually play Warhammer. That's not a thing. You're calling people manchildren for enjoying a game that you also play.

Every 1K Some player or fan I've met cited their book as the biggest reason.

Because they have best waifus.

All the factions are like by some people in 40k. If a faction is OP or some fluff about them gets written that shits all over the over factions, then people start hating them. 1k sons haven't stepped on anyone's toes, so the people who like the other factions are content to let the people who like them be, hence the "sense of liking",

People from every walk of life play it. My region's bodybuilding champion runs Orks.

They are unique among legions, but not over the top unique like SW.
They have tragic backstory.
They look amazing.

>tfw there isn't an all-psyker counterpart to sisters of battle who worship magnus instead of the emperor
Why play this game?

>not john gramaticus
>not omegon
>not cain
new fag detected

WE WUZ KANGZ
>egyptian themed aesthetic.

Take that back low born!

>why does his subfaction have fans

What's it like being autistic?

>Why is the Thousand Sons liked?
I have no idea.For me they are garbage that is not worth their paint.

Souless robots speaks to people.
They're about as cool as any of the cult marines.

I personally can't wrap my head around likeing Tau or Newcrons.

they are like robots sort of me.
An inexorable march of unthinking and unfeeling statues goaded by their silent caretakers
same reason i like old-necrons
The emperor went on and on about how sweet the candy was, then told me not to put it in my mouth and got mad at me when i did.

blue is magnus's party
they kept blue because it was so iconic but yeah those Tsons should not be blue at all they should be red.

sorry that should be blue is Ahriman's exiles