Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

8th Slugga Boys>Tau Edition

>Previous Thread
>Duncan does skin
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/02/new-warhammer-40000-fight-phase-may2gw-homepage-post-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=3A3G6JcLn24
belloflostsouls.net/2017/04/40k-rumors-8th-edition-contents-product-strategy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Tau a meme?

First for proper thread title

>Galactically irrelevant
>so small yet sheltered by the bubblewrapping of the Imperium that they don't get wiped the fuck out by the numerous galactic threats

Yes

Is Assault still bad? Better or worse? Or do we not know enough yet?

This has been a hilariously confusing time to decide I want to get into 40k.
I only kinda understood 7E's rules, and I have a feeling that almost-understanding is making it more difficult for me to get the reveals they've been going through.
Doesn't help that it's *kinda* like AoS, except when it isn't.
Not saying I don't like it, saying that I'm basically forced to wait until the book actually comes out before I can have an opinion on these rules.
(Which I guess gives me a leg-up on people creating their opinions based on teasers...)

dunno enough yet. especially the stats of most units.

Veeky Forums btfo yet again, this edition is going to be all about combined arms and not assault vs gunlines.

This could turn out to be similar to Infinity's list building, where you require a full (or partially full) toolbox instead of chaf and cheese.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/02/new-warhammer-40000-fight-phase-may2gw-homepage-post-4/

For now 8e is better than I expected it would be. Now I really want to see at least one full datasheet - one of the new starter set unit would be perfect

We don't know. Anyone pretending that we know also doesn't know, and is making assumptions.

there already a thread going

It's missing the /40kg/ title (so its harder to find) plus it doesn't have daily dunc.

Everything OP has to do is to copy-paste the shit from previous one and remember about thread title.

Why is Reddit like this? This has like 100 updoots and tons of compliments, literally just a can with spare bits glued on it and he called it a WAAAGH tower.

>inb4 why are you on leddit.

Have the tau met tyranids?

not sure if buying a box of kabalite warriors right now is a horrible idea. just starting

>goes on Leddit to get mad and come complain about it on Veeky Forums
But user, why the fuck ARE you on leddit you autistic child?

Its more work than most people I know would be willing to put it. That might just be me though.

I remember way back when there was a series of battle reports in white dwarf that were a story campaign of tau vs tyranids.

If he painted it it wouldn't be terrible. Not commenting on the validity of reddit - just pointing out that's not a bad basis for a terrain piece.

Well if you paint that well it could look like somewhat descent terrain. Nothing special though.

8th seems a but melee-centric but I would still hold off on it.

Yeah, they won but they lost a huge part of their eastern fringe, they call it the ghost stars or something

I meant infantry-centric, defiantly not melee lol.

Who's sold their army in the past? Not just 8th, but in general.

IIRC there are even some arts of their battles in Tau Codex

Well I seem to remember some fluff about the Tau out-adapting the nids from somewhere or other.

sold dark eldar, bt, crons, marines, amd eldar.
yet i still play and may restart dark eldar with ynnari

Hive Fleet Gorgon

youtube.com/watch?v=3A3G6JcLn24

>The jewel of the Imperium will be dust in my hand - Abaddon
>I have failed. Ten millenia ago I was set a task, one abandonned when the galaxy burned - Trazyn
>The Fenris system burns, the void around the Wolves home world seethes with warp fire .. of a million corpses, nor a bastion built from the ashes of a billion worlds will hold back the chapter's crusade - Roubute Guilliam
>we clutch spirit stones close to our hearts, praying for an afterlife of cold joyless sanctuary. We steal life, and drink (???). Long ago we damned the galaxy with the birth of a Goddess, now we shall (slay?) it with the (blood?) of our guard - unknown Eldar
>bring the plague of (Nurgle?)'s blessings to an Empire starved..A WORLD SLAIN MMHA HA HA..DEATH GOD (mostly unintelligble) - Daemons
>...(???) of the wolf is wounded, the blade fate of hangs above Fenris...(echoes?) of Leman Russ will face a legion renewed...endless hordes of ashen dead ruintide will harvest every soul in the... - ?
>THIS WORLD WILL BURN, IT WILL BE CLEANSED, PURIFIED. WE (have read(ied)) IT AND THE HEAVENS WILL DELIVER OUR REWARD - Inquisition

Anyone able to help?

So I'm not the only one.

Sold Tau a while back, I'm considering selling the Marines I have and I'm giving away a Skitarii squad to another local player. Not sure if I even want to start collecting anything again.

yeah ever since the kabal nerf to dark eldar ive been on the fence.

meanwhile i am enjoying aos with stormcast

Well, it's looking like 8th is going to be Sigmar V2, so we'll see what the future holds. I'm still looking at DE, but frankly, I'm just trying to find a faction I like that I don't want to hang myself in the painting process with.

We don't know for sure yet, but signs point to worse.

Think Cawl said he failed.

if gw makes an archon that looks like the 7E cover AND plastic incubi.

there goes my paycheck.

back to aos. i just want my damn dark elves.

D-Eldar are mostly edge highlights right? I mean it's hard but once you get them right you can dish them out fairly quickly.

those are all from the various warzone trailers, mate

Second line you posted was Cawl in one of the Rise of the Primarch trailers, as an example.

yes. i found a fun technic where if you base coat just the armor amd drybrush THEN wash them it pops the edges more and gives more crisp look

Luckily for me, mine are to poorly painted to sell.

I also went with Imp guard, so the models have seen re-usage in rpgs, and might see more at a later point.

if I'm not mistaken it's Cawl saying "I have failed (line from gs3) " and the other part is someone else.

Yep, and DE are what I'm looking at. I posted either here or wipg about doing a sea-themed DE army, heavy on Scourges and converting an Archon out of another Scourge. I love the modeling, converting, basing, all that; it's just actually *painting* that I can't stand.

Sold all my marines, gave one of buddies my converted captain.

Ya, one thing I can really dig about DE are their models. I really like the Kabalites, painting like you said could be a chore though.

>THIS WORLD WILL BURN, IT WILL BE CLEANSED, PURIFIED. WE (have read(ied)) IT AND THE HEAVENS WILL DELIVER OUR REWARD - Inquisition
Genestealer cult actually. Taken right from their trailer.

>who ever charges goes first with every weapon
>can use pistol shooting in cc
>free 3" move that can pull in additional units to combat and bypass their overwatch
>can use all weapons availible
>free 1" to get into combat

Combat is terrifying now. Gunlines are in trouble now by being close. Dedicated melee units are going to do serious damage.

Granted theres multiple overwatches for units now and then edition isnt released yet but asbfar as we can tell assault is better

What a waste of time that was.

heres the paint scheme done with base drybrush then wash

don't
either grab the kabalite + raider box or the start collecting Dark eldar box
save money

chances are, you will need a raider or more in 8th aswell.

Which book will you get first?

the rulebook :^)
probably get pdfs of the others

this made me chuckle.
probs grand alliance dark eldar

Are these legitimately the new 5 codexes?

Looks great.

Yes, it definitely is not a meme

No it's a meme.

Yes.

Ultramarines vs Death Guard Starter Box for 8th Edition
$120
Chaos Cultists
Death Guard Plague Marines
Death Guard Terminators
Chaos Lord
Nurgle Drones
Mairne Tactical Squads
Assault squad
Devastator Squad
Librarian
Captain
Gameplay accessories (dice, tokens etc…)
Rulebook (softcover)
Campaign book w/missions

>I love the modeling, converting, basing, all that; it's just actually *painting* that I can't stand.
Same.
I used to have a buddy who would paint my shit in exchange for assembling and basing his. It was a sweet gig.

absolutely

Be ready for you avatarfagging ban, shitposter

Of course not. Space marines get 2 books. Chaos and Xenos have to share

>>I have failed. Ten millenia ago I was set a task, one abandonned when the galaxy burned

Cawl, Rise of the Primarch trailer

>>The Fenris system burns, the void around the Wolves home world seethes with warp fire

Ahriman, Wrath of Magnus trailer

>>bring the plague of (Nurgle?)'s blessings to an Empire starved..A WORLD SLAIN MMHA HA HA..DEATH GOD

Some Death Guard, Death Guard trailer

>>...(???) of the wolf is wounded, the blade fate of hangs above Fenris...(echoes?) of Leman Russ will face a legion renewed...endless hordes of ashen dead ruintide will harvest every soul in the...

Magnus, Wrath of Magnus trailer

>>THIS WORLD WILL BURN, IT WILL BE CLEANSED, PURIFIED. WE (have read(ied)) IT AND THE HEAVENS WILL DELIVER OUR REWARD

Genestealer cultist, Genestealer Cults trailer.

Thank you

Post the last army you used in a game.

1250 imperial fists.

>He thinks that people in /40kg/ are actually playing the game
user, I want to see more of your minis - post them

How did y'all pick your first army? Planning to get into 40k for 8th but have no fucking idea what I should pick. There are things I absolutely love and things I absolutely hate about pretty much ever possible choice.

Well my 1st army was half of a starter box, so I didn't have a whole lot of choice as to my first models I ever had. But after that, just pick a single unit/box of models you like, and build your force around that. I really liked fire warriors and devilfish, so I got them, and now I have a pretty decent Tau force build around my favorite dudes

Because it looks cool.

Why is it "board culture" for Veeky Forums to bitch about literally everything and only give back-date compliments?

you made this up or it got a source?

Twice.

Once with Gorgon, once with some splinter-fleet.

In the latter engagement the Tau destroyed the entire splinter-fleet in a space battle without losing a single ships.

Well, my first army was Tyranids, since I fell in love with one of the homebrew hivefleets from 1d4chan. After I basically stole from that and got a sizable army of fire-breathing monsters though, I moved on to others.

Tau I started up because I really like their focus on teamwork and cooperation. After that, I pretty much shifted all of my attention to a Slaanesh Chaos marine army, since I really like the sheer variety of modeling and conversion opportunities there are to do weird stuff with them.

Would Veeky Forums consider this table top ready? I know it's not gonna win any golden daemons but I have about 100 dudes to try and mass produce and this is really the limit of how much time I wanna dedicate

They used some kind of virus bomb hidden in three earthcaste scientists which ripped the hive fleet ships apart after consumption.

You would think the hive fleet would have some could of biological defenses.

Also they made new types of crisis suit faster than the fleet could made special creatures to kill them.

>pic more related than it has ever been

Go with aesthetic and fluff user. With 8E everything will have new profiles, rules and role. I was thinking about getting into 40k with Tau during 7e but dropped it when first 8e teases showed around. I started playing AoS so now I'm thinking about Nurgle so I can play both games with one army.
Just pick 2-3 of your favourite factions, wait for new rules and see which new playstyle fits you the best

>a tin can with plastic bits is cool
fuck off you reddit spacing retard

At the same time, make sure you actually like working on your faction of choice. Some are hell to build, some are hell to paint. And some are depressingly expensive.

Looking at you for all three, Skitarii

belloflostsouls.net/2017/04/40k-rumors-8th-edition-contents-product-strategy.html

because it's literally full of people who aren't good with people. it's really not a joke, see?

>666x666
lol
I wish that pic was 888x888 tho

Sure, here's some deathwatch

It looks like shit mate

I think the metal needs a wash at least

New orders idea for guard, I'll start
>all las weapons get AP -1 until the end of the turn

Also do you guys think orders will work like it used to or will it be changed to work more like the psychic tests?

A team of scions...

I picked what I thought look cool and looked into their lore. I was down to IG and GK, I picked Guard and wanted them to represent the 252nd Conservator from DoW in which the original got me into 40k, then eventually trying the tabletop.

Hey man, I made a nice Imperial storage tank with a can, some paper, and halloween decorations.It's all about disguising the fact that your terrain is made from garbage.

That is with a light wash of reikland fleshshade on the armour and nuln oil on the leadbelcher parts, what would you recommend?

I found this in my FLGS at a slight markup from the original retail price. Would this constitute a good buy or no?

Annnd a knight.

Agrax earthshade on the metal

2000pts imperial guard tanks not in picture.

>The Witcher
>Dark Souls
>The Elder Scrolls
>Doom
>Mass Effect
>fucking Dawn of War
All of these have hundreds of hours of quality single player content, taste aside. You're paying more for less fun.

Do we know if weapons and shit will still cost points or will GW copy the "free" AoS system too?

Pick what dudes look the coolest and have the coolest lore, because you're gonna be spending a lot of time staring and painting these models so you at least better like their aesthetic

Do you think there's any Space Marine chapter that has an officially confirmed color scheme, that has never once been painted?

They said there's gonna be a game mode like AoS where everything but the units are free, then they said there's gonna be a "granular" system where you pay for individual upgrades and pieces of kit

These look really well painted, have you been playing long?