/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Starfinder setting theroys: Exactly how technologically advanced with the general setting be? Are we going the current meta of semi realistic with box shaped ships and similar junk? Perhaps the aesthetic of ye olde raygun gothic? Or maybe a skip hop and jump past all of those and go full singularity and hit Warframe.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljrp?Meet-the-Iconics-Navasi
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75981/raining-oil-and-blood
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75969/the-untold-saga
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling
ttop.rem.uz/Pathfinder/Companion/PZO9425 Varisia, Birthplace of Legends.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old Thread:

I kinda wish Druids had to be true neutral. It doesn't make sense for druids to be anything but.

How do you figure? Even if Nature is "Unaligned," as it were, druids are people, and people vary in motivation and belief. It's not unreasonable to think that different kinds of people could nevertheless approach the same idea of communing with Nature from different sides, so to speak.

They used to have to be. But at least they are still locked in to being one of the three middle neutral alignments

New Iconic for Starfinder released

Please lower expectations of Iconics and NPCs

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljrp?Meet-the-Iconics-Navasi

Its likely going to be very similar to all of those. The way the developers described it was on a scale from starwars to star trek, with firefly in the middle. They said starfinder is going to be between starwars and firefly with a lot more magic involved.

If you read the distant worlds book, you will have a good idea to the general theme

>paizo characters
>Expectations

nobody ever had any

One of the 5 neutral alignments. NE druids are the best druids.

that makes sense actually. Didn't think about it that way.

Sometimes the comment section produces gems.

What are the current recruiting games? My Wednesday game is ending soon and I need to fill the gap.

None. Overlewd closed early and now /pfg/ games are done forever.

My shaman (lev 14) became a juju zombie. I have a bit of downtime and like 100k gold to get shit. What can I do to cover my new weaknesses and take advantage of the situation?

Thank god.

Wrong, there's Raining Oil and Blood and the Kobold queen shit

Allow me to explain.

Dimensional Ark Abyssia?
Raining Oil and Blood?

Post space fashion.

post your character's booty in space fashion

I just want plenty of Dominion of the Black content. That's all I ask.

Incorrect. Those two games don't exist.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen

Seems alright here. Like blood and oil but probably less weird mechanics and more fantasy

>Dimensional Ark Abyssia?
That's implicitly just for Discord people by its very nature.
>Raining Oil and Blood?
Not even PF but some weird home-brew play test by someone who needs to pick a different system.

luckily for you, a juju zombie is still intelligent undead. You can probably become alive again, or become a more powerful undead if you prefer

>Dimensional Ark Abyssia?
What is this?

>Nature is really cute!
>Nature is really organized!
>Nature is really crazy
>Nature is really vicious
>Nature is really Nature

I plan to become alive in the long term, but short term, the idea of a juju zombie shaman sounds cool as hell. Just need to figure out what works well with being undead, and what I can't use anymore.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia

It's kobolds, user. Which means it sucks.

But I'm going to apply to Abyssia and I'm not a "Discord person"

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75981/raining-oil-and-blood
>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75969/the-untold-saga

These are the current ones I think?

Tell me why I shouldn't apply as a succubus 8/antipaladin 2 gestalted with something totally Cha based.

pretty much everything good still works, except you heal with negative energy and you cant gain moral bonuses or anything similar.

I think it was just the name. No one actually applied as a kobold (yet)

>Be Executive Princess
>Have everything you could ever want
>lol no fuck that I'm going to fight the good fight for equality

Got you Senpai!

Isn't that Rhuse game still recruiting, too?

Because GMs don't look at mixmaxed characters and think to themselves "YES PERFECT"

You're right about the second game. It's basically my experiment with 'how autistic do I have to be to make this work in system that clearly can't handle it?'

>"Humanoid characters who forgo these classes and races will receive mechanical and narrative benefits of their own to balance the disparity"

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
>Dimensional Ark Abyssia is not a serious game.

Ah well. I thought a dimensional lower planes shit sounded interesting.

I was going to be a daemon who's death was based on suffocation in a vacuum.

Part of me is planning to play a more Turtle Oriented Lizard alien with a blue and green backpack.

Tell me what a "holo-gown" looks like.

So much meme potential but I think the nature of it will keep it from picking up steam here.

mighty quest seems like its all about space and the planes as well

It's the name, the likely main NPC and the art. It's Kobold obsessed.

in TiTs they have clothing that is technically just a hologram

And you're going to fail because of it.

I'm impressed that Abyssia managed to lay out its tone and premise 100% better than Overlewd using about 5% of the text.

>Trials in Tainted space
Please.

I think most apps didn't get that Overlewd is probably a lot of kingdom building.

Fluffy Tale 1 had one of the best pitches for a game that laid everything out clearly.

R.I.P. Fluffy Tale

>Implying the discord cabal won't shitpost and samefag about it until the other celeb game hangers-on do likewise because "DAA is so hot right now"

Oh I dunno, I've got an idea so meme worthy it will put Discord people to shame. Just you wait and see

Kill yourself

sadly, most of my ass if fantasy. not science.

>Picture

What is that?

but duo apps!

Warframe.

I've talked to about a dozen different Overlewd applicants and all of them have said that not understanding the tone of the game was a huge hurdle for chargen.

I'll agree the whole ROaB thing would probably work infinitely better in Silcore or Mekton Zeta.

warframe

>TFW everybody forgot that the Great Bamboozling is going to make its character selections in 3 days

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling

What's your dream party for this one?

Oh I have a partner user, and we've both got memes

Unending grinding

I'm actually fairly confident in my understanding of the tone or setting. And if I'm wrong, I think I wouldn't want to get in.

TiTs is the worst piece of shit I've ever played, it's the grand example of how building a game on the cum-slathered dollars of furry clients will utterly ruin your product.

Almost every woman has a cock, and men are almost nonexistent. It's a game so starved for normal-ass human morphs that the moment you meet one, just like in CoC, they become the most popular character.

aesthetically pleasing grinding. With interesting, if divisive lore.

Never played the first game you mentioned, but I did try mekton Z. Character creation was awful, relevant rules weren't condensed at all, combat was pretty irritating, and it had even more autistic number crunching than PF. No thanks.

I liked the fact that Warframe was locked to a single solar system and interstellar travel was a death sentence.

Very similar to starfinder. You can travel between systems but it either takes way too long, or the FTL is too dangerous and you end up stuck in hell or heaven or the elemental planes

MZPlus is a lot more solid than PF. Number crunching may be autistic but no worse than DPS optimization on here, and at least it doesn't *hide* the options doing so.

I'll admit the rules needed some layout upgrades, but it's sounding a lot like a "uh, I read it it looked hard so pathfinder's better" claim there.

Silcore is the system that heavy gear is based on. It's excellent on most fronts except if you're hoping for heavy attrition (it's more of a plink plink miss miss BOOM with the damage multiplier system). Vehicle creation is as involved as you want it to be, which for some of us means carefully balancing whether the miscellaneous threat value can handle an additional exponent (pic related)

>w building a game on the cum-slathered dollars of furry clients will utterly ruin your product.
This. When I heard about it I was hoping to have the chance to bone wierd alien babes, with bizarre physiologies and traits, and wierd looking genetalia.

Instead its Furry Dating Simulator in Space, because Fenoxo is a hack. I mean, if I wanted to fuck furries, I'd go back to playing more CoC, with the Revamp mod. At least then you had no delusions about what you were getting yourself into.

Whereas TiTs its just nothing but humans who Otherkinned into Furries, and Bugs. And while I can appreciate some nice bugfucking, this is just too much. And don't even get me fucking started on New Texas, which is just fucking awful and comprised of just lazy Cowgirl bullshit slathered with a pastiche of wrong Texan stereotypes, which sucks because I can't enjoy my Lactation fetish in this game because I have to sit through all that bullshit

Hence why the only good alien races in the whole game are the Vanae and Raskvel, because at least tey aren't just pointless anthros and have their own gimmicks. Seriously, TiTs is just such a trash heap.

Also Shekka is best girl, and I demand a fertility quest!

I'm considering allowing In the Company of Dragons for my next game. Have you guys played with it? How did it work out for you?

i've had loads of fun with it so far. Just make sure that Humanoid form is available. and i'd honestly give it out for free.

>name fagging for no reason
Fucking kill yourself.

Raskvel are just kobolds but in space with ears.

not that there is anything wrong with that

Also there is nothing wrong with weird-ass alien bugs don't be a bigot

>DM who run's Dragon Game 1, Dragon Game 2. The few games that actually allowed Company of Dragons. Probably one of the few people on /pfg/ That have allowed its use.

SEagle's a bro. Shut your face.

The thing Is, I don't really have time to learn a new system with an outdated rules layout, regardless of whether or not it makes sense in the end. I also wasn't using Zeta Plus. It wasn't really an issue of whether PF was 'better' or not, it was more the people I could potentially get involved, and the familiarity of the system I was most comfortable with. I'm also salty the hypersonic aircraft build I tried ended up sucking inordinate amounts of cock due to turn speeds and reflex penalties or whatever they were called.

Silcore sounds more methodical than what I'm looking for, but I might end up taking a peek at the rules for a later date.

Oh my god don't even get me started on the Revamp mod, an improvement so total I can't imagine playing CoC without it.

And what does Revamp add, you might wonder? A great many things, but the most appreciated and perhaps the most pathetic is the inclusion of... Get this... NORMAL PEOPLE! Yes! You can finally find an actual man to have your woman sleep with, you can find Valkyrie and bone them! Isn't that pathetic? Ooh, ooh! Here's another thing that frosts my cheerios; remember that Jaguar Demon from the Deep Forest? Originally, it remained in jaguar form when it fucks you, but apparently that made furries uncomfortable so fenoxo made him turn into a genetic buff anthro form to do the deed! Yes, the same furries that greenlighted a kink that involves shoving pale wriggling worms down your urethra thought a jaguar or horse or even a wolf fucking your character was too much.

That entire debacle laid bare to me the minds of the furry, and it was as pathetically conservative as it was perverted.

Fuck off, SEagle's good people.

It's a good race with plenty of variety, but there are some limitations.

Unless you take either Draconic Hero or Draconic Exemplar, you're screwed for size progression, and some of the classes DH can cover do lose out on some serious benefits.

The other big issue is that they don't naturally breathe fire/ice/whatever. It's locked to a X/Day usage (that also is used for other stuff which sounds ridiculous), and if you don't take Draconc Exemplar or the Sorcerer archetype, you're even more fucked with feat taxes. That said, you can take some of Draconic Exemplar's other nice stuff (the two pools of talents for fun things) if you're angling for something specific.

So how does improved familiar work? can i choose on of the familiars off the list as a level 1 wizard?

Nope, players were picked on Monday.

>Also there is nothing wrong with weird-ass alien bugs don't be a bigot
You're right, there's nothing wrong with wierd alien bugs.

But these aren't alien bugs, these are just lazily designed earth insect furries that aside from a few little bits here and there are just humans in bug consumes. The only cool ones are the Syndians, which are just Anthro Rust Monsters, and the ethnic race war that occurring between the Myr, despite the fact that the Myr themselves are just lazily designed.

And don't even get me fucking started on how boring the Zil are, both in design and concept. Seriously the only interesting Zil is that betamax who's working for a White Man's Burden analogue. that's sad.

I don't mind that there aren't much normal people in CoC, since it is a decent and interesting part of the lore. However I just love all the quality of life changes and great level of option availability that it added. Especialy expanded merchant stuff and the survival mechanic.
But yeah, the Akbal thing was completely pathetic and retarded, just like Fenoxo himself is

Is there a sourcebook for Varisia, or would I find details about it in RoTR?

His little fan club can fuck off too. Run off to the discord and suck his fucking cock if you love him so damn much.

Faggots.

Varisia, Birthplace of Legends (PZO9425)

Not having to sleep is great!
But partying with people who have to sleep is boring when you don't have to sleep.

What do your characters who don't sleep do while the rest of the party catches z's?

Yes, its called "Varisia: Birthplace of Legends"
Also check the info in te APs and the ISWG

ttop.rem.uz/Pathfinder/Companion/PZO9425 Varisia, Birthplace of Legends.pdf

Has sex with them.

Not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Craft.

see this

This

LoB&F tonight! Let's get our ships into over drive.

PErform equipment maintenance for them, take watch, record the day's events in a detailed journal, read a book, do a crossword, finish some cross-stitch, engage in a minor craft like drawing, organize your loot, plan your inevitable magic item shopping list, fap

you seem mad for some reason.

Fuck off.

Let's not.