EDH/Commander General

You lazy shits let the thread die edition

Previously on EDH General:

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What is your favorite part about your play group?

>What is your favorite part about your play group?
No one plays blue so I don't have to worry about counters.

What's the best way to stop the jackasses who like to go Infinite turn 4/5 other than just saying "Congrats, you won!" and the remaining three or four of us continuing to play?

play tutorable silver bullets. harsh mentor stops some combos, grab one. hushwing griff, other hatebears.

These generals are a waste.

UW tokens doesn't need blue. Duel Commander has a better banlist. Blue is the best color in Magic. Don't buy precons.

just start telling them that the rest of the group is going to keep playing the game without them. eventually they will stop once they have to wait an extra 2 hours to play a game after they "win" on turn 4

git gud

What is the best place to buy cards online, /edhg/?

If I do 12 damage to someone with one partner commander, then 9 with the other, is that 21 commander damage or 12 and 9 separate commander damage?

Tcgplayer obviously.

Mcm if you are glorious master race.

Separate

Gee If only there was a place we could look this up.

tcgplayer is the best place with the one exception of if you are buying a bunch of bulk rares in which case card kingdom is better because of lower shipping costs

i want to put together a super friends deck because i have a shit load of random planeswalkers laying around. is it worth it to have a 5 color commander like child of alara over atraxa for that i can use red or is the extra color not worth it in place of the constant proliferate and flying beater?

Oh yeah that 4/4 is gonna decide games.

its more of the proliferate trigger and just having a body with s hit load of key words early to protect the walkers. youd be surprised how scared people are of death touch

Deathtouch+flying makes for a great rattlesnake, and vigilance+lifelink is free value. Her keyword soup is about as brainlessly efficient as it gets.

Add to that the stupidly good proliferate synergy with planeswalkers and most red planeswalkers being shitty burn Chandras, the choice is obvious.

>most red planeswalkers being shitty burn Chandras
Ral Zarek and Koth would like a word with you.

So I'm making a grixis deck built around donating permanents, and I'm wondering what would be a better donate target between these 3:
Midnight oil
Grafted skullcap
Avaricious dragon

Midnight oil I can take advantage of for a bit before donating, but it's the hardest permanent type to give away. Grafted skullcap is easier to give away but I can't take advantage of it and need to give it away instantly. Avaricious dragon is the easiest permanent type to donate but I also need to donate it instantly, and I'm giving my opponent a creature, which is easy to get rid of.

So, what would be the best one?

When can wizards finally wrest this format from Sheldon's clammy hands and implement sane banlist changes? (sol ring banned, painter's servant unbanned)

He said most. You even quoted him saying most. And even if Atraxa had red Koth wouldn't fit in the deck.

Don't reply to him.

>replying to name/tripfags

If you think wizards would ever ban sol ring then you're retarded.

>Wizards
>running a format better
>banning a card that is selling supplemental products

Nigga you dumb.

>look at these noobs
Learn the culture of a board before you shitpost and you'll be infinitely more effective. Literally only containment boards complain about trips, particularly good ones.

Put your trip back on please.

what are the best cards that give unblockable in dimir? Besides whispersilk cloak.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Slip Through Space is okay, but there simply aren't many reasons to do combat damage in Commander. Also Filth+Urborg.

fuck off faggot, the literal entire point of Veeky Forums is that its anonymous. the ONLY reason to have a name or trip is to circle jerk like a fag and seek attention from newfags. if you want to tie an identity to yourself then go to reddit or one of the millions of other websites on the planet designed to give you an identity

Trying to get creatures with inspired effects and combat triggers through

Slip Through Space, Artful Dodge, Distortion Strike, Aqueous Form, Shadow Rift.

Aqueous form is a great one, thanks. For the rest, I'm mostly looking for repeatable effects.

Go get yourself a Dauthi Embrace.

T H A S S A

That one is spicy as hell.
Don't understand how I forget about her.

Thanks guys.

Troll and Toad is the best place to buy cards on the internet. Fast shipping, low prices, card quality is always as listed. There is no better option than Troll and Toad.

Remember to fuck with your friends by giving their blockers Shadow!

I currently plan to build my third commander deck. Both my decks are kinda Timmy (Ob Nixilis the Fallen and Captain Sisay) so i want to go for something less/not creature oriented.
I want to put U and R in the new deck but I'm open to aditional colors.
So far Shu Yun (would probably end up as a semi-Timmy deck again) or Narset catched my attention.

Anyone uses one of them? Are they fun to play ?
I'm also looking for other intresting generals that go with UR.

Unless you want Protean Hulks of course

Oh shit that's a good idea.

Safe travels to you and your lineage.

Yeah. It's why you run it alongside Thassa. Otherwise she'd just be better.

Forgot to mention that the deck doesn't need to be super competitive.
My priority is to build something that's interesting and varried to play.

>i want to turn my bruna deck into a ruhan or shu yun deck but i dont want to have to redo the mana base

>No EDH until Saturday

Save me

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post. . .

>EDH on saturday
>the cards for my new deck wont arrive until monday

literally just fucking kill me

That was me last week user. Stay strong in the face of this endless suffering.

Don't be a voltron fag, build actual spellslinger with Mizzix
Or Riku if you still want some creatures
Or Nekusar if you hate yourself and your friends

While I don't condone it, the user you quoted isn't wrong. The tripfags around here generally are pretty tame and regular contributors. It is a different culture compared to other boards.

It's a mixed bag, we have some pretty awful tripfags as well as the decent folks.

If you're building Vela, she does most of the work anyways, so don't worry too much about unblockable.

Not Vela, Jeleva. Red doesn't have anything relevant for unblockable though so I just asked for dimir.

Yes, but if you posted here for more than a day you'd know Brollective is a constructive, consistent poster. It'd be like making fun of gA or calling him "jojo stand guy".

So we are doing a "bad decks" night and I have to build a deck where all the cards are like ~$5 or less and the deck has to end up actually being bad, so no budget combo decks

1 friend already built depala, to give you an idea

I was thinking maybe I do Ravos + tymna cleric tribal

Any other ideas you guys like?

>You lazy shits let the thread die edition
Needed to let the tism cool

But Brollective is a massive faggot.

>What is your favorite part about your play group?
I can still win with Jank
I used to play competitively on Cockatrice and did tournaments for duel
None of that was nearly as fun as bilging like building first strike tribal or the all x spell deck

Baron Sengir Vampire Tribal.

All tripfags are

Ah, apologies for assuming.

Play burn
But no x spells
Jori en will give you enough gas to make it look like burn without making it a viable deck

No sweat.

jasmine boreal vanilla tribal with murganda petroglyphs

But Brollective is a cool guy!!!!!!!1

You're not making it any easier for me to defend you, you fucking goon.

There's a dude who makes blue creatures unblockable. He's a lorwyn/shadowmoor merfolk and costs six. Can't remember the name though, sorry.

Deepchannel Mentor

That isn't him, you fucking goon.

I have allready considered building Riku.
But I could imagine he's pretty slow if you dont go full ramp, correct?

I don't realy like Nekusar allthough i have some nice tech for him in my folder. Would probably allways be the first target on the table.

Boom, this. Run this, unblockable-user. Card is legit insane.

How the fuck did you even fall for that shoddy copy pasted trip, you fucking goon.

Yeah a cool guy like him would never attention whore or anything you goon.

If you took that bait any harder then the hook would have ended up in your sinus cavity.

But taking bait is fun, you fucking goons.

What about archetype of imagination? Seems a little bit more powerful

Wouldn't archetype of imagination basically do the same thing? Nobody plays reach anyway and this hits more stuff.

It dies to enchantment removal as well

You actually fell for the triple-reverse-bait, is this your first day here, you fucking goon?

Why not run both? They cost the same amount and are both good cards.

I've been brewing an idea in my head all of today for a 5 color colorless deck. Essentially every card's mana cost contains no colored symbols, but they they activated abilities that are colored; thin door to nothingness or composite golem.

Has anyone tried something like this before? Has it worked for you? What would be some super secret tech for a deck like this?

How to abuse Sidar + Silas Renn?

("When this creature deals combat damage to a player" tribal + Artifact recursion)

That one card that makes lands tap for wacky mana

Phage the Untouchable

Tibalt Tribal.

How exactly would that work
He has one card, and no other references afaik

Chromatic lantern

he can be a constructive consistent poster without being tripfag scum. and no, he is not constructive. please put your trip back on so i can continue to filter you

Oh shit, naked singularity up in this bitch

>I went from being a fucking goon to being a tripfag
Fuck you guys.

Post your latest decks.

Plus eon hub

i love that card

Exactly.

>Building a mid-tier Scion of the Ur-Dragon deck
>Nothing too powerful or broken, just want to throw Dragons around
>Get to Nicol Bolas
>Never liked the old card art even back in the day
>New version only exists in the From the Vault box
>$50 to $70 for that version

Fuck.

Is winning with an infect deck at all satisfying? Seems so anti climactic. "Oh, I hit you for 10 damage. gg, I guess..."

Death Laser Storm Combo