Why does Veeky Forums love skeletons so much?

Why does Veeky Forums love skeletons so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXRRhRlKW
youtube.com/watch?v=N5o8oe-vzIE
youtube.com/watch?v=aBN_dEA4jO0
youtube.com/watch?v=h03QBNVwX8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Couldn't live without 'em.

Deep down inside that's what we all are.

Inches down, that's who we are.

Grave Job , OP.

This Thread will be buried under Puns.

Because we all need a few Skelebros in our life.

It's at our core

Due to the fact it's difficult for your enemies to get you when you're behind 7000 of them.

It's sure to be quite humerus.

A skeleton in clothing looks rad as fuck, i don't know why

We're all skeletons on the inside user.

We don't. It's just a few fags trying to make it a thing.

Skeletons are kinda like us sometimes

user, spooky scary skellingtons have been a thing since the Bible, we don't try to make it a thing, it's already a thing.

I like skulls. I think they look cool

Skeletons can dance pretty well

>Playing an online game
>DM pits us against a lich
>Nobody is fucking prepared for this because the cleric insisted on charging ahead
>The lich snatches up his staff and regards the group of us
>DM fucks up his typing for the first time since we've started playing
>"This will be the most interesting duet I've had all century."

>Spends the next fifteen or so minutes redoing the lich's stats so it can be a bardic one instead of a wizardly one

They pretty cool

>how to spot a newfag in one easy step
There's one

BECAUSE NOW IS THE AGE OF SKELETONS!

GO GET THE BUFFS

I'll get the defleshing machine.

OH BOY!

I'm retarded, David is the better response to that image.

I can only aspire to be as cool of a DM

Because skeletons are always entertaining.

>skelegates

I fucking lost it!

We love Skeleton Jelly

I hear people are really putting the hammer to the anvil to make these puns

Alright Anons, let me tell you about a monster my DM created. A monster called the Krith. My DM made it by taking Kraken stats, making it undead, and adding a fuckton of scary Shit to it.

>APPEARANCE
The Krith is a colossal, 6 armed, beastial skeleton made up of thousands of smaller skeletons, conjoined together in bizarre, twisting patterns. When it moves, it slides across the ash, dragging itself forward with its six unnaturally long arms, simultaneously propelling itself with its long, snakelike, spinal-chord tail. Its head is a human skul, but is full of toothy mandibles capable of ripping even the strongest creatures apart in moments.

>HABITAT
The Krith is home to Dolurrh, the plane of death. They are the apex predator of the afterlife, and are, in many ways, responsible for keeping the house clean. In many mythologies, they are demigods of death, servants of Aureon and The Keeper, charged with returning souls to the earth to generate new life. They are spoken of in the same breath as Krakens, Terrasques, and Ancient Dragons: not living beings so much asForces,Capable of terrible destruction but also necessary for the functioning of the world.

>ANCIENT, INTELLIGENT, AND ALL-CONSUMING
The Krith is beastial in its indomitable hunger, constantly adding more bones to it's ever-growing frame. Despite this, it is surprisingly intelligent, often taking advantage of its surroundings to defeat its foes. Each being it devours leaves a fraction of its intelligence behind, so it can only speak in strange, garbled combinations of languages despite the fact that it is, ultimately, more intelligent than most humans. Any creature that it swallows is carved to pieces by jagged, riblike appendages inside its body, and assimilated into its twisted frame.

Because skeletons are FUCKING METAL!

low fat, high calcium

Is that all of it? I only got parts up to skeleton jelly being eaten.

The carved tattoos are a nice touch.

It gives us a boner.

You shall be fed to up there for daring to make of your bone gods

Many keks, user, many keks.

That is all I have. I wish there was more.

They have a funny bone.

youtube.com/watch?v=RXRRhRlKW
youtube.com/watch?v=N5o8oe-vzIE

You should see the skeleton threads on /toy/

Seriously go check it out

>inches down

I think because skulls are allways smiling.

They are opposite of fat, manletted, perpetually miserable neckbeards. That is, anti-dwarfs in all the good ways.

there's a thread on plebbit where someone provides a possible meaning to this comic. Google "skeleton jelly meaning" and you'll find a thread titled "I give you the FULL skeleton jelly."

I don't want to say what it is, in case that would ruin it for people who prefer it to be this absurd thing.

Also, skeleton thread now.

It's some autistic nolifer's fantasies. The comic's only meaning is that it's meant to be absurd.

Have you never beheld the beauty of the skull?

We all smile once the accursed flesh has rotted off of our true face.

>"everything I do not understand or can't conceive of having a deeper meaning does not have one"

You are a sad man.

I really want to play a pirate skeleton one of these days.

WE ARE LEGION!

Ok this isn't bad.

What a marvellous skeleton. Do you have the artist?

you surely are either a feminist, yanky or a brit

Fuckin Saved!

>Mosasaur skeleton
>Resists piercing and slashing
>Large sized
>Fuckload of health
>Brutal bite attack with autograpple and crush
>Tail swipe attack with chance to trip too
>Has a 60ft fly speed and 60ft swim speed
Definitely gonna stat that out later.

What if he's just a really buff dude like 6ft and 220+ pounds at 8% or somethjng

as if Veeky Forums had any

that's calcified information

is he gonna bone that skeleton

I think that skeleton is gettin raped yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBN_dEA4jO0

My personal favorite. This fucker carried me through all of Nocturne.

Because skeletons love Veeky Forums

That skelly with the hueg arm in the foreground...

It's a forced meme because of some shitty early-internet-era gifs of like dancing skeletons or some shit

It's a forced meme, it's a shit meme, Milhouse has been waiting for like a decade now to become a meme but no because of that fagatronic homosex tumblr shitball Undertale and the retarded 14-year-olds on le Reddit, it was the meme dumb fags chose to push.

So, when Jason and the Argonauts fought the Skeletons, that was a meme? Despite the story being from the bronze age, it's a recent forced meme? Everything involving skeleton and skull imagery through all cultures and all human history, it's just a recent internet joke to you?

...how about you pick up a damned book sometime?

Carlos, you have to go back.

It's his widow's skeleton, so it's as consensual as sex with a skelly can be.

Because Skeletons are the coolest.

Especially heroic skeletons.

Skeletons existed before Undertale

You have swallowed too much of the proverbial koolaid, and by that I mean your brain has rotted away and been replaced by memes.

>yanky
Do they really spell it that way wherever you're from?

youtube.com/watch?v=h03QBNVwX8Q

Hi friend I can tell you're pretty new to these parts.

Let me give you some friendly info.

Skeletons were meme material for a number of years before undertale, which was likely an inspiration for said video game.

Skeletons have also been a Veeky Forums staple for the majority of the board's existence, emerging in such fun threads as the Skelecopter incident.

Have a great day and fucking kill yourself.

Hush.

user, it's time to go to bed, no one should ever care about fandoms except for kids and teenagers

user. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is bullshit. There are many reasons, but I'm going to focus on one large one.
A very fond memory many people have is Diablo 2's necromancer. This character was beloved for his ability to raise, you guessed it, skeletons. Now, what made this great was how many he could raise. I would say a solid 70% of people who played Diablo 2 felt inspired to run a Skellymancer at least once. This character remains a defining charictaristic of the skeleton-raiser to this day. Diablo 2 is over a decade older than Undertale, mind. Now, this is by no means the first surge of love for skeletons, Diablo 2 wouldn't have had it if people weren't already in love with the concept of raising a sea of bony buddies to do your dirty work already.

Nobody gives a fuck about Undertale. We don't love it, we don't hate it, it just doesn't fucking matter. Get over it. Move on. There are more important things to think about. Like skeletons.

A skeleton is just a human minus all weaknesses and imperfections...

The skelecopter incident?

Says the man who obsesses over a pointless comic and not focusing their energy onto something greater. Nice try sweetie ;)

Shieeeet nigga gimme some more of dat projection.

Yes, the skelecopter incident.
Let me grab an old phrase from the dust.

Lurk moar.

Skeletons support us when we're having a hard time.

My skeleton always stands up for me.