/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Around Rats Never Relax Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/14478-norwegian-black-metal-wotdg/&pageNo=1
belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/new-warhammer-fantasy-video-game-announced.html
web.archive.org/web/20041104015343/http://stormofchaos.uk.games-workshop.com:80/daythree.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for unspeakable acts.

I came up with a few new marks but there are still several gaps. Any suggestions?

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/14478-norwegian-black-metal-wotdg/&pageNo=1

Bit more generic chaos.

Reminder that most of the warhammer world was either vaguely defined wasteland/wilderness filled with monsters or some unplayable faction that would never be explored in depth and that nothing mattered except for a few empire cities and dwarfholds. Army and population sizes were completely arbitrary and depend on how epic the writers wanted to make the story. Towns and nations got wiped out all the time to make X look good but it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

it was just as detailed but vague enough to allow your own dudes.
That's what mattered.

>mfw really want to get vermintide
>mfw it has fucking end times attached to it

It's like someone offering you a delicious cake covered in fecal icing.

Should we have a link to a Storm of Magic PDF in the next OP? Is there any interest in it?

SONS 'O GRUNGI!

Great game, just ignore the ET shit. It's not rammed down your throat anyway.

I would be for that.

so, just like age of sigmar but on a smaller scale?

Yes exactly like sage of smeg... there was only one very minor difference, Fantasy wasn't complete and utter unadulterated shite.

If you wanna get it just get it. End Times can't hurt us anymore.

I would love to see Sega or someone make an open-world Warhammer RPG where there are massive battles happening all over the game world for flavor. When you get powerful enough you can actually participate in battles as a hero and help turn the tide.

I was thinking about this when I was playing Total Warhammer, with the way hero characters can run all over the world doing quests. It would be interesting to have a game where you actually create and play as a hero character in the Warhammer universe. It would have roots in the WH Fantasy Roleplay system too, obviously.

Duly noted.

Say, does anyone think that no basic skill should have attack advancements and that it should only be available to Advanced Skills?

do you never get tired of this?
the simple fact that you can't tell what's the difference between FB and smegdreg tells us a lot.

It's done in a tasteful manner. The characters know that Kislev has been overrun by northmen (what's new) but other than that, they just assume that shit is hitting the fan locally.

It looks like Alien Isolation 2 isn't happening, which is a shame since that was a very underrated game, but it means CA's got a department with nothing on so maybe SEGA will set them to work on something else Fantasy.

>there was only one very minor difference, Fantasy wasn't complete and utter unadulterated shite.
That's your opinion man. If your opinion is the only thing separating fantasy from AoS, then I guess they really aren't so different after all

That's awful, Alien Isolation was the best horror game in years and easily the best Alien franchise title since the original AVP games. What a shame.

Hopefully Alien's loss can translate into Warhammer's gain, though.

Yes it is my opinion and I have evidence to support it but I don't have the energy tonight to feed the trolls, sorry.

they didn't even show the mini that that blurb referred to, or am I missing something?
There were just two generic warriors on steed.

I don't think it's a definite write off but they haven't started working on it 2 years after the first one which probably means it wont happen now.

Just insert the story into Storm of Chaos / headcanon the rest of the stuff about the end times. The game takes place before the resurrection of Nagash, so very little of said plot has moved.

You have literally no evidence because there is no way to determine that a setting is objectively bad, stop lying to yourself. Not that you could tell me any new anti sigmar slander, I've already seen 2 straight years of the paragraphs of frothing man babby rage that just amount to more opinions, mostly based on second hand meme information

Just get it user, it's actually a really fuckin good game. I didn't even realise it was tied to the End Times until your post. In hindsight it all clicks but atthe time I had too many skaven to RIP AND TEAR to notice

> Implying Vermintide isn't how they stop the end times.

Just as Mannlette von Carstein is about to fuck everything up Kruber steps out and perforates him with a repeater. Gelt casts the spell and all is well.

Being real here I hope AoS works out for you, I don't want it to be a shit game and it probably will sort its self out over the next few years.

>tfw no blessed champions of the empire human gods to be an answer to the monsters and chaos warriors of the world
>not even a few
>literally every other faction has these, including bretonnia
But I guess HFY faggotry is better because "muh normal dudes defending their home"

>But I guess HFY faggotry is better because "muh normal dudes defending their home"
Glad we agree.

>normal dudes
>posts picture of Grail knight
Good one user

the Empire has mages so stop whining.

The Empire not having superhuman elites is their whole appeal. But what do you expect from an Aosbabby

Here we decide which of the non-army book factions were best. (ie. not one of the 8th edition 15)

Fimir were so underutilised by GW, they shouldn't have let 1 bad experience during their inception put them off.

What the fuck do mages have to do with it, everyone except the dwarfs has those?

>AoS
Literally mentioned nowhere, I just think it's genuinely retarded that in a setting where god touched warriors are an accepted and normal part of the setting, the empire has absolutely none. Having a few champions blessed by Ulric or Taal or sigmar wouldn't ruin anything. No more than demigryph knights or luminarks

The fact they're all normal dudes is what makes the Empire so incredibly badass.

Reading about how Karl Franz demolishes Orc warbosses and causes Archaon himself to run away in fear is all the more awesome when Franz isn't some superhuman elite with magical powers, but an ordinary man, albeit one with quite a powerful hammer.

You missed the point of the Empire entirely.

Still pissed they didn't do more with Cathay, a nation who would BTFO the empire based on what we know of them

You missed the part where Karl Franz was literally empowered by Sigmar to defeat that black orc war boss, and Archaon never ran away from him.

But Archaon shat on Karl multiple times and only killed the ork because he got le super sigmar deus ex machina mode

tl:dr karl and empire = a shit

>a nation who would BTFO the empire based on what we know of them
nothing i'm reading there would indicate that.

Reminder that Ancient Nehekara would absolutely shit all over the empire and was by far the superior human nation. In undeath they'd stomp even harder

> We wuz kangs.

Reminder that boney baggins never looked this stylish.

In Tamurkhan they had canons, magical fireworks that conjured spectral illusions, tomb king levels of animated statues, some of which could fly and others which could swim through land, powerful wizards and repeating crossbows. On top of what is mentioned here.
They're basically human high elves + tomb kings + empire.
The empire would get swept in the first round

> Oriental bully not so tough after having wall removed an being raped.

>received sigmar's blessing to kill him

But held his own for hours against him otherwise, and this was an Orc that was tough even by Black Orc Warboss standards.

And this was AFTER carving his way through dozens if not hundreds of Orcs himself all while completely un-Sigmarified.

Also
>archaon never ran from him
>hears karl is coming to middenheim
>literally flees right into the loving embrace of an orc beatdown

Franz is my husbando.

nothing they have isn't something the empire doesn't have in some form or another.

I don't see the point of the hypothetical scenario anyway. What reason would they have to fight the Empire?

Aside from that speaking from the armybook perspective, I'm sure they'd be about the same :^)

Cathay was utterly stomped by Grimgor in End Times.

>in End times

This is Warhammer, everyone fights everyone.

The Empire and Cathay are natural enemies,
just like the Empire and Bretonnia,
and the Empire and Estilia,
and The Empire and its own provinces.
Damn Todbringer ruined the Empire.

Not to be a little bitch but are there any High Elf schemes that aren't primarily white?

Looking through the uniforms and heraldry book not a single one doesn't use white as the base colour.

no, Rank and File units will look weird without their white base colour.

But you can go nuts on special units like Dragon Princes and Ellyrian Reavers, where every Individual may be displaying their own heraldry.

what's the easiest way to play WHFB online?

Well, since they no longer sell spearmen I've been using sea guard as my spear elves and to go with the sea theme I was thinking of painting them Cothique but I really don't like white and black as the primary colour on a model. So I was thinking of something like picture related. I would probably go for a darker sea green than the aqua though.

Of we're accepting Reynolds lore as canon, Cathay held its own against the initial chaos and hobgoblin raids, then beat back the skaven invasion, then held out against the chaos dwarfs and the even bigger chaos invasion that followed. Not to mention the massed tzeentchian cult uprisings that happened In the beginning. Only after getting fucked by all of that did Cathay fall to Grimgors WAAAGH, and by that point they were pretty much in the same state the empire was in after ET thanquol.

I think it was supposed to be her.

>He wants blessed champions of the human gods
I can think of a newer game by GW that might be right up your alley

My current FRP game is sticking to old/pre-ET lore for obvious reasons and after reading some even older fluffbooks I gotta say that I really love the idea of the Chaos Gods of Law. Aluminas in particular seems like some benevolently Lovecraftian shit.

Would having the Gods of Law be present in the Warhammer world circa Storm of Chaos be any kind of gamebreaker? Their followers are rare so it's not like there'd be churches, but it'd be realistic for those few to be like "Yeah glad Archaon got whipped back guess ol Solky was out for blood"?

This is pretty much what Bretonnia was.

>mages which access to all lores
>everyone has that

It's just elves (all 3 kinds), empire and lizardmen (and them only from 2k points onwards)

if they are anything like Moorcock's Gods of Law then they'd be no storybreakers at all, seeing as they don't do jack shit, because "muh Balance" even when Chaos is fucking winning. they only show up to give quests, verbal thanks and take credit.

>Pressing the SMASH button on Ghal Maraz = blessed by Sigmar

That was their catch, the sheer contrast between heroic knights blessed by the gods with illetrate inbred peasants

The Empire has enough catches as it is

Do you guys rekon with Vermintide keeping updated and Total Warhammer (2) we'll atleast see some vidya games set in the Fantasy Universe, or will GW end up refusing licensing anything that isn't Age of Shitmar?

Have you not beaten the last mission yet? It literally ends on a monologue about how 'this is only the beginning, this is THE END TIMES (tm)'

Aside from that though it's completely divorced from the End Times really.

halfling are cannibals (or, rather, man-eaters, since they are different species from humans), right?
and they live so close to Sylvania?
why don't Empire use halflings to devour the dead in Sylvania so vampires have no one to raise?

or killed vampires themselves. to paraphrase Pratchett, "the vampires have risen from the dead, the crypt and the grave, but never from a halfling."

There was hack and slash game announced recently, i think TWW made Warhammer Fantasy more popular than ever, GW is not going to stop selling IP.

>There was hack and slash game announced recently
mm, whatwherewhen? i missed that

belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/new-warhammer-fantasy-video-game-announced.html

Awesome. Heres hoping FB lives on in Vidya form.

holy fuck, what a time to be alive!

since i can't get my friends into tabletops anyway i start thinking that if WHFB the Wargame had to die to make way for WHFB the Video Games, that's a good trade-off.

is there any point in Crypt Horrors? my Core is full of tarpits, why would I need more anvil in Special?

What actually happened:

>To the west, the air shimmered with unnatural power, and the skies themselves bucked and whirled as if tortured by an unseen hand. A shadow began to gather in the forests and stretched toward Middenheim. From this great lake of darkness, chittering screeches and monstrous bellows could be heard. Eyes glinted in the shadowy veil, and cruel laughs and nightmarish curses flowed upon a hot wind. A shimmer of terror spread through the ranks of Karl Franzs army as the Daemonic host approached, and a shadowy winged figure rose into the air above the unnatural legion. His wings were spread wide, and his clawed hand stretched out toward the Emperor. Belakor ordered his legion forward, cutting off Karl Franz from Archaon and leaving Valtens massively outnumbered force to fight against the Everchosen.

web.archive.org/web/20041104015343/http://stormofchaos.uk.games-workshop.com:80/daythree.htm

I still can't understand what does GW mean by this.

>new gw management less retarded about vidya
>GWs good settings get new vidya because there's a lot of potential
>GWs bad settings don't because devs don't want to sink money in it

>DD:DA with a bigger budget and a warhammer skin
Never going to happen, though, or any big budget warhammer RPG for that matter

Crypt Horrors are like Dwarf Iron Breakers, you have loads of anvils in core but these boys are the best in the business. They're probably in the top 3 anvils in the game, once you start healing them they won't shift.

The only downside is the models look shit, we didn't need 8 ft. versions of ghouls.

playing Skaven vs High Elves. How the hell do I deal with a frostheart phoenix? Rat ogres? Doomwheels?

I would stay away from it and try to shoot it since it has -1S and ASL for those in base contact.

What about a warp cannon?

I wouldn't have such a glum outlook-- Total Warhammer is a huge money maker for Sega, and RPGs are a hot genre right now.

The models are kind of lame, but you could get some Skin Wolves and use them as proxies.

Good idea, or Fimir.

No one will ever convince me GW ghouls look good.

Reminder that bretonnians are scum and need to be killed.

Ghouls are just plain boring. They were some of my first WH models and I haven't finished painting them all these years later because they're just a big sea of Gollums.

They were just too stylised and, as you say, ended up looking like 30 Gollum's.

Mantic's were slightly better.

what do you think of TW:WH ghouls?

user, please, I try to forget that Geedubya retconned Archaon into not getting his asshole demolished.

They just look like the current models.

scrub here. was unable to locate the answer in the rules so... if i have a unit of 30 ungors can 20 of them have hand weapons while the third rank of 10 have spears? or do they all have to have the same equipment?

8th edition

They must all have the same equipment, I see what you're trying to do though.

The problem is that those ghouls look like regular zombies.

Ghouls in Warhammer are a cannibal monster that have mutated from humans without being undead. Rather than being necrotic shambling corpses, they turn into feral imp-like creatures. Lore-wise I think that's a great way to distinguish them from zombies, it's just that the models are not very exciting. They just look like a bunch of hunched over monkey people.

The ghouls from Shadow of Mordor were pretty rad. I wish I had gone with a color scheme more like that on my WH ghouls rather than the boring rotten brown look I ended up going with, but I hate these models too much to dump them in brake fluid and re-do them when I'm already so close to finishing, so they are what they are.

question on rules:
Say there is something that multiplies wounds (like the sister of twilight that says if it wounds, multiply it by d3 or somthing). Is that only on the single model hit? If I shoot into a unit of 30 and the one arrow hits, will it only kill one model, or do X wounds to the unit and you can spread them out?

It's terrific, if you even suspect you'll like it you will end up loving it. I've got over 130 hrs in already and new DLC comes out in a matter of days

i always thought the goblins from the hobbit goblin town playset would make neat ghouls.
They even kind of look like what you posted there, just presumably smaller (i never played shadow of mordor)

MOIST

Isn't the Moot right next door to Sylvania?
You could fluff them as halflings.

>tfw bought 150€ of empire units

One steam tank, 3 demigryphs, 20 spearmen and 10 handgunners

I actually like the models, and wish the ghouls looked distinctly different. Like, if they were less twisted, and Crypt Horrors were more twisted, that'd be awesome.