Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played siblings with another player? What were those characters like? Even if you didn't, talk about your characters' brothers and sisters anyway!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5HkyGRtGZy3T3lfQThtVDRkMU0
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75524/paradigms-shadows-and-light
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the closest Pathfinder class to a 3.5e Warlock?

I hate this meme

My character's siblings died when the zombies came

Avowed.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5HkyGRtGZy3T3lfQThtVDRkMU0

Warning, it's on par with bards and inquisitors, not PoW classes!

Is there a guide for major drawbacks? I found one for traits and regular drawbacks, but (I'm guessing since it's third party) there aren't many resources for major drawbacks.

Why the fuck did you assholes bump this thread? Use the other one, let this one rot.

Major drawbacks are 3pp nobody uses.

No, but I'll write one for you right now in the other thread.

What is your favourite adventure path?

Zeitgeist.

Since it seems this will be the new thread,

What kind of Android would you guys like to play as in Starfinder?

Pinocchio IN SPESSSSSS trying to learn what it means to be their own person?

A Star Wars AI forging a new path after its owner passed away?

Some poor ComBot who has found out that the only available body it could afford is the opposite of what it was programmed to do?

What classes have the best conceptual synergy with being a Chain Devil? I really want to whip some people to death.

How would you justify trying to set up a bakery or restaurant staffed by catfolk and kitsune?

Won't their fur get in the food?

Kitsune poster por favor,

Tell me if they would buy cooking supplies from a clownish Half-Dragon girl? She's recruited a few Kobolds and their looking to set up a real, legitimate business.

Depends on how clownish.

Alternatively, just take a 3.5 Warlock with d8 Hit Die, adapted skill list (reduce Tumble and Jump to Acrobatics, etc.), and more feats. 3.5 Warlock probably benefits quite a bit from being imported into Pathfinder.

Is there any way to gain permanent energy resistance at early levels?

I just want fire ink tattoos.

Clownish enough to get a letter of business authorization from the Guilds and the Governor! She's a bit of a ditz, but the Kobolds haven't missed an order in the two months the place has been open!

There are dockworkers in little Ustalavic towns with newsboy caps.

They're fucking the owner, so they get the job

There are women who dress like this.

There are bogeymen dressed like this.

Are we sure these aren't people from Paris? Because I recall that the AP in question goes there at one point.

She's also the ugly kind of half-dragon.

Paris is only in book 6, and these aren't from Book 6.

Golarion is just fucked up with anachronisms.

So I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I try and get away with something this. After all, Ustalav's, what, just a few days' ride down the Sellen from Brevoy?

>trusting filthy demi-humans in food service
No sir.

Why stop there? Let's put the women in 19th century suits too.

Normally I find that idea hot.
But fuck me that art is singularly unflattering.

This douche from Absalom is clearly in a top hat.

Where the fuck is this even from.
Why is he Colonel Sanders.

Don't be species, Kitsune poster. She had to work real hard to get where she is!

Which book is he from?

Book 3.

So in strange eons do you actually meet H.P. Lovecraft? Also if so do they mention the death of his mother? Which in the timeline should have happened during or just before the events of Strange Eons. Her death is likely one of the things that really pushed him over the edge.

It would be wise to take especial care if you're planning a trip to Ustalav. I imagine the locals won't take kindly to those of your...sort there.

One of the Harrow cards has a rakshasa in a 19th century suit.

Pfft. When I make it big, they'll shut their mouths when they get a look at my wad.

So apparently my GM wants us caught between several different demigods trying to influence the fall of an empire we're currently working for.

The emperor is one of the demigods and one of only two known to the general public (though they don't know he is a demigod). We've now encountered 7 total.

Apparently he has a hard on for tarot decks. We've met:
>The Hanged Man (the emperor)
>The Fool
>The Lovers (Actually two demigods)
>Wheel of Fortune
>Judgement
>Temperance

I'm still trying to determine how we don't simply get BTFO. We're level 7/mythic 2. As far as we can tell all the demigods are a lot stronger than that.

Rule of escalations

If the Demigods act, they invite threats of their level or above.

Working through proxies is safer and keeps them at a distance from issues that may force their hand and expose them to getting a lucky arrow in the face

And they'll generally try to coax the aid rather than force it at gunpoint like a certain Antipaladin goddess in Wrath of the Righteous.

Because while YOU might not have the power to take them down right now, any wise demigod will do well to remember that they were probably in that same exact spot not all that long ago. Even when these guys aren't a threat, it's only a matter of time before you run into something that IS.

And when that happens, you'd best fucking hope it's not something you used to bully that remembers the blood debt.

If the wad doesn't shut them up, you could always cow them with your mighty lance

Possibly. But I really prefer a big ol' sword.

At any rate, an amazing weapon.

My character prolly brought those zombies

The TV series was very interesting in regards to his weapon.

Notably, Golgo himself is always on the bottom being ridden, doing none of the work, the shadow-butterfly that makes his face unmoving as ever.

Meanwhile the women are just... raping *themselves* on him, impaling themselves to the height of ecstasy as he watches the ceiling, expressionlessly, like some ancient immortal being who's long grown utterly devoid of any attachment to this realm of existence.

>interesting
Yeah...that's a rather charitable way to put it.
Any true warrior would show a lot more enthusiasm.

>Even if you didn't, talk about your characters' brothers and sisters anyway!

She's got 10 brothers and sisters! The oldest was probably the most important to everyone, and he was very brave, but stubborn, and quick to anger. Fiercely protective of his family and his realm, he died in an ill-advised attack on the troll clans, and it's haunted her ever since.

The closest I've gotten was close cousins. We were both fourth sons of noble families, the Virrin and Kor-Virren. Being fourth sons we were sent for education in the clergy.

It probably doesn't count that I became blood-brothers with two other PCs at a significant turning point in the campaign. But I treated them like kin anyway.

Another PC became my character's brother in law.

>cucking your friends out of their siblings

Nice

does
does that
does that word even mean anything anymore? because it certainly doesn't mean what you think it does.

>not fucking your imouto
>current year

So I have been trying to look this up but there have been discussions on both sides of this issue. Are pistols considered light or one handed in terms of two weapon fighting? Some say they are light in consideration to crossbows and how they are light when fired one handed. Even the hand cross bow is mentioned. Others say that because it is listed as a one handed weapon it is one handed. But another counter point is that no ranged weapon ever had this classification of light, one, or two handed labels.

What you do guys think? Also has any of the Paizo people mentioned this anywhere?

see

I treat them as light because shooting two guns is cool

Sisters belong to their brothers
Brothers belong to their sisters

I know, right? I prefer my food 100% human-free.

I meant free from humans, not free humans, that would be sick

In real life, trying to fire a pistol of any appreciable power one handed is going to break your wrist
But also in real life, firing a wheellock with one hand isn't that hard, although reloading those types of weapons certainly take both hands
In other words, do what you feel is cool

Speaking as a brother to a sister: Somebody PLEASE take that bitch off my hands.

>having a bad imouto
no

Yes it is cool, now let's say you solved your reloading problems of getting it down to a free action and having a hand free, how many attacks can you get if you combine two weapon fighting and rapid shot? 3?

No, you can easily unload 9 attacks

Solve you problems with two pistols of the infinite sky, ez pz.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75524/paradigms-shadows-and-light

What's that 8th~ level Fighter with teleport-full attack trick?

I don't get your math here, can you walk through it?

TWF line at top levels gives you 7 attacks, 4 mainhand 3 offhand

add rapid shot and extra attack from haste

9 shots, enough to murder most enemies straight up because of how slingers work

Dimensional assault?

What does hex use look like? What are the somatic and verbal components of something like Misfortune?

Too obviously satire.
They need to work on their subtlety.

Now what about the double barrel pistol? That is 9 shots but with 18 bullets? Hell what about the dragon pistol? Now that is 9 shots with however many enemies you can fit in your attack cone.

Fuck, no wonder some GMs don't allow Gunslinger's in their games.

Man, their formatting is fucked.

dragon pistols are pretty fucking bad, 15 foot cones are tiny

Double Barreled guns are pretty gamebreaking and should be banned, yes

This is the inherent problem of the gunslinger, its either a game-raper when all its shit is online and blows enemies out of the water harder than an optimized paladin, or just garbage.

You can really see how Paizo's design chops have progressed from their early classes to their later ones.

Speaking of fighters and full attacks, as a magic guy I have floating disk. Is it a move or standard action to direct the disk around? My idea is to have the fighter on the disk and I just move him around in the battlefield so he does not have to waste actions moving and he can full attack all day.

As a magus I also use full round actions but in the future if I was a wizard, I would help my buddy out. If it is a move action, I would move him around and still cast my spells with my standard action. If it is a standard action then it is moot I guess.

Floating Disk moves at your speed and follows you around, it can be no further than 5ft away from you

RAW, they're onehanded. Hand crossbows have a specific exception.

Double barelled guns got nerfed boyo.

You can't fire them both amid attack actions or full attacks anymore, it's a Standard action to do so now if I recall correctly.

Also recall the misfire chances here. Double barelled and scatter guns have worse misfires than normal, and any misfire will stop your full attack fucking dead, forcing you to stop and fix it.

oh, well thats good

I've kept very poor tabs on gun rules

The spell says "If not otherwise directed, it maintains a constant interval of 5 feet between itself and you." But you are directing the floating disk so it would not stay at 5 feet? So at the lowest level it has a distance of 30 feet. So you direct the disk to "move" and stay at the distance of 30 feet. Right next to an enemy. Where your fighter can smack it. Of course if you move out of that range then it follows you. Keeping that 30 feet spacing.

Light Crossbows are two handed but are considered light when one handing it. This was also the point that was brought up. But light crossbows are not considered two handed. But it mentions light handed cause of the interaction with two weapon fighting.

That's pretty funny

No one has answered my question on what action it is to direct a a floating disk.

Another thing that I thought up. Is the 3 feet above a surface a flat 3 feet, or no more than 3 feet? Can the floating disk go lower than 3 feet? Can it go 0 feet? I ask because then I don't have to wait for the Fighter to climb aboard. I can scoop him up on a magic carpet ride to behead some goblins.

Thats because it doesn't say anywhere what kind of action it is

based off of other spells like Flaming Sphere i would i guess its a move action?

How does sniping work with full attacks?

If that is what we have to go on then WIZARD MAGIC CARPET UBER RIDES ARE NOW A GO! NEXT STOP, THAT GOBLIN'S FACE!

Now my next question is the 3 feet thing. Is it a set distance or a maximum. SEE THAT FIGHTER? YOU ARE GETTING A FREE RIDE WITHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.*scoops up the party fighter*

Trying to see what it would be action economy wise. If they don't have to waste a turn getting on it, this would be very ideal.

It doesn't

They would probably have to step up onto it

Which sniping are you talking about? There are many references to sniping. Are you talking about how many times you have to roll stealth to stay in stealth?

The two situations are after every attack or after all attacks are complete.

Forgot to reply.

How many times you roll to stay in stealth, or if you can full attack out of it at all or if it just sneak attacks on the first hit and then not on the others.

That's not how that works at all. That's not how anything works.

The entire point of "I like you. Come over to my house and fuck my sister" is that you are, at least subconsciously, accepting to join your family's bloodlines. If this person was of the opposite gender from yours, you may even pursue them yourself.

It's a same-generation version of setting your children up together.

mfw you are a dude bro with your party bro and wish you could be closer but no homo. So you set your sister up with him so that he becomes your true bro. But twist he has been trying to set you up with his sister. So now you are double true bros. Seriously no homo.

My parents and godparents did basically that.
Father and his best friend's little sister, and said friend turned out to have been getting shotaconned by dad's older sister (five years difference and she started 'using' him when she was in highschool) since before my parents even started dating.

>Meanwhile I'm sitting through this thinking "oh fucking gods I've read like four doujins with that storyline"

How the fuck do people without full BAB get by attacking? How do the Rogues and Hunters and Magus of the world operate?

I mean if you should also post those doujins just as reference points. For scientific reasons.

I'll not do this on a blue board.

Okay actual reason is I can't do this because work filters sadpanda in the "someone's about to have a chat with you" fashion.

Well for magus they can spell combat so that is 2 sword swings if you choose a spell with touch. Sure you get your iterative attack later than the party fighter but you have still have ways to catch up. I mean I have a hell knight party member that does big damage. But with my crit magus I can keep up and sometimes surpass his damage output.

My balls will be blue if you don't post something.