Planet Dreams?

"In the great commons at Gaia's Landing we have a tall and particularly beautiful stand of white pine, planted at the time of the first colonies. It represents our promise to the people, and to Planet itself, never to repeat the tragedy of Earth."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04
forums.civfanatics.com/threads/planetfall.252829/
youtube.com/watch?v=dWR_qL_mxo0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8kmNEo1i8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Santiago is hotter, but Gaia's landing is literally my dream society

Worm rape is a big fetish for you?

I don't get it.

Deidre has a mind worm fetish and experiments with breeding them and integrating them into her hippie society.

No, but I' an enviornmentalist and I like Art Noveau

My fetish is Indian chicks

Aki Zeta a cute! CUTE!

Sadly, that particular greentext is lost to us.

Lost to you, maybe.

Sadistic ecoterrorists are not welcome

I don't understand what this thread is about. I've never heard of it :(

What am I missing? This looks cool :)

Go to GOG
Buy Alpha Centauri
Play it a bunch

Come back.

>No, but I' an enviornmentalist and I like Art Noveau
>My fetish is Indian chicks

A man of taste I see.

>I dream of a day when our mortal form can stand beneath the skies of any planet without fear or apology.

Say what you will about the actual gameplay, but Civ-Pedia entries in Beyond Earth are fucking fantastic.

"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves
We toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves
But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town
I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down
I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say,
And they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

"Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."

— Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

"Organic superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff! You really have to keep an eye on it, though—it’ll try and slide
away from you the first chance it gets."

>"If you see death, disease, aging, and senescence, and you experience any emotion other than revulsion, then you are held captive by romance, and must emancipate your own thinking before you can help your fellow humans."

— 3-Charles Wu, "Veritas ex Machina"

Best faction in the expansion.

Still worse than Zakharov. Who is still worse than Lal.

I don't know but I've been told
Diedre's got a network node
Loves to flip the on off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch!

"Well, mebbe you ain't heated it enough yet,' said Paul Bunyan, and he took the plasma out of the hohlraum, rubbed it hard between his hands until the Aleph-field de-resolved itself, and put it back in the Holon Chamber. 'I recokon that'll be warm enough to dry your boots,' he said."
— The Uncle Nevercloned Stories

"My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?"

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang
"Essays on Mind and Matter"

You don't get to be smug unless you post it for the rest of us.

Best project coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04

Oh, but of course!

Assuming, that is, that you're willing to divulge your files on Singularity Engineering or pay a modest fee of 4700 energy credits.

No, but I can share files on Sentient Econometrics. Would that suffice?

No thanks, we've already learned that doesn't work.

I liked that base, too.

Fucking AnCaps.

>Sentient Econometrics
Our pact of brotherhood is null and void.
Get your fucking formers off my clay, you bastard.

Probe team HYACINTH: genetic warfare mission accomplished, return to base.

FUCKING LAL

Probe team HYACINTH: secondary objective accomplished.

Great gameplay.
Shitty story, shitty factions.

What do you think of the UN charter? Do you follow it, by letter or by spirit?

I agree.
I disagree.

"Yes".

Now do you want me to put these nerve gas pods on the Rovers or the Needlejets?

I prefer hovertanks myself. Just wanted to ask if it's okay to nuke those crazy squid aliens to oblivion. Technically the Charter doesn't protect them, right?

Technically yes! Give 'em hell, pact brother!

The Charter doesn't say SHIT about psi warfare.

And you won't immediately impose sanctions and declare vendetta like the backstabbing lying bastards you all totally aren't, right?

Uh, yeah, sure Lal. Gotta stick to the charter and stuff.

As long as you don't blow up any of my rightful territory, of course not.

You gotta inject less fungus spores into your eyeballs, Deirdre. Lal wouldn't even consider that, he'd try to use """""diplomacy""""" where he bends over and welcomes his newfound """""friends""""" into his loose and deep indian boipucci.

>implying Lal won't create a coalition to skull-fuck dem aliems.

humanism doesn't have room for squid-faces

Waifukeepers have no time for xeno purges.

Tell that to the sweaty geek who has NODES full of digital-waifus.

>when you release your worms into the wild at the border of someone you have a Treaty of Friendship with

Cyborg girls are best girls

Pic related

Deirdre is Scotish

you mixed those up there

The UN failed and presided ineffectually over the demise of Earth..

Gameplay is okayish nowadays but factions and story are fucking awesome

why the fuck is John Cena in an Alpha Centauri game?

He sneaked on board, and you couldn't see him.

Now is his time. The Drones will rise.

Remember when we though Civ:BE was going to be at least as good as AC?

Damn that was disappointing.

>Remember when we though Civ:BE was going to be at least as good as AC?
I don't.

If you want SMAC on a more recent engine, there's a Civ IV mod that's a spiritual successor.

Why the fuck you would need a newer engine? The game works perfectly fine and scales to higher resolutions well.

>tfw public works of CTP on SMAC instead of formers never.

>The Point

>Your Head

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/planetfall.252829/

>A: Personally I feel picking your tech strategy is one of the biggest decisions you make in a civ game. I therefore do not see the attraction in Blind Research at all, and do not wish to spend any time on coding that myself. If someone else would code a Blind Research system, I would of course add it to Planetfall.
Why.
That's one of the best feature of SMAC.

This.

"Exterminated, I tell you. EX-TERMI-NATED."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

He was right

youtube.com/watch?v=dWR_qL_mxo0

I'm starting to really like this name. If I ever have a daughter it will get some consideration.

Do they have pleasure genejacks in Hive?

Which Art Nouveau artists are worth checking out?
From a cursory google search I quite like this Alphonse Mucha guy.

The only pleasure Yang tolerates is the pleasure of a perfectly organised society working harmoniously towards the common good.

I fucking hate you two.

I think this Kojima dude is a real rising star in video games.

Why thank you

So you're into scat then?

Isn't everyone?
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8kmNEo1i8

RIP in RIP
F

BE was a truly mediocre game but I really liked it's research quotes and tech descriptions

There was a lot of love that went into the writing for the tech and shit

too bad none of it went into the gameplay, characterization, or the world itself.

Got some examples?
Also the thing about sticking to Terran values/embracing the planet/whatever the third was looks interesting.

The third, and best, affinity is Supremacy. Which is essentially extreme transhumanism, though all the affinities have that to some extent.

There's just a lot of details put into the strange colonial culture that develops. The Uncle Nevercloned Stories are one set of quotes that comes up a lot. They're all weird, tongue in cheek folk tales that incorporate both high science and folk characters from all over the world.

The game does have it high moments like just flooding the map with cheap range infantry despite having one extremely large city and all the power plants

Definitely, and it was fun to play with some friends. Especially harassing them with invisible nanohives.

Best was obviously Supremacy-Harmony hybrid path. It takes the best of human ingenuity and steals the strengths of the enemy and mashes them together into some unholy union that fucks nature and anything else in your way in every bleeding orifice and some new ones it didn't have until you got hold of it.

Which is therefore a disappointment with the character portraits. This might sound petty, and it probably is, but I really wanted to see my dude change as the civilization he represented changed. When you are a xenomorph-human hybrid organism wrapped around a Terminator there should be some more difference shown beyond some coloured contact lenses and a slightly more fabulous suit.

And on the subject of that why did they get that same Indian woman to read all the quotes? Many of them were from faction leaders who already had voice actors. It's a small thing but it would have added flavor.

Also no One City mode.

Just build one city, also they probably ran out of money or didn't have the money to get the other voice actors

>Best was obviously Supremacy-Harmony hybrid path. It takes the best of human ingenuity and steals the strengths of the enemy and mashes them together into some unholy union that fucks nature and anything else in your way in every bleeding orifice and some new ones it didn't have until you got hold of it.

Definitely, though it really bugged me some units lacked hybrid affinity variations and there weren't hybrid affinity versions of cities.

Altogether I feel like they kinda skimped in a lot of visual areas unfortunately. I also get the feeling they intentionally left stuff out of the base game and first expansion because they thought they would release more content, but it wasn't successful enough so they didn't bother.

Also, Kishk or Kavitha?

someone up on top thought it was a good idea to make a lot of stuff unlockables but the only way to unlock that stuff was to buy their shitty space sim

Also Arab girl but Indian was a close second

Kishk definitely. She looked best in her starting costume.

Also dat attrition damage to trespassers.

The most irritating part of the Starships game was that it had glimpses of the stuff that could have been in the actual game.

There are ways to unlock the space sim content but the only problem is that once you unlock it you'll have to keep on doing that everytime you want to play a game

Please post or link.

How the FUCK were BE factions so bland? They just extrapolated existing nations and power spheres in the most basic way. SMAC actually had a lot of effort put into that aspect.

I agree with you, though I actually really like Al-Falah. At least in relation to the other factions.

It really did exist at one point, but it's been years since it was posted and no-one seems to have it.

Did SMAC ever fix the AI perfect submarine detection bug?

Who killed Captain Garland? Why?

They are probably the most naive of them all.

"Overindustrialization. That is a good thing!"

They are still adapting to planet living. For everyone else it's been a long sleep from Earth to planet. For them it's been generations.

According to the really shit novelization a disgruntled proto-Spartan underling. Her motivations were stupid, the book was shit.

Wasn't that Yang?

>Supremacy
>best
>not purity or Purity/Supremacy or Purity/Harmony

It's like you don't even want to make fucking space marines

In my heart it will always have been Yang, who did it all for the lulz/as a sociology experiment because he's a pyschopath.

Found the luddite.