Which army should I start Veeky Forums?

Which army should I start Veeky Forums?
I'm leaning joint genestealer tyranid, wanna get a second opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My Emperor of course

Go Slaaneshi Traitor, you'll always outmanuever your opponents and there is a ridiculous amount of versatility in the fluff if you're willing to look past the hurr dicknipples memes.

He does love me, but I don't think gw has got to the point where money printing on that level is necessary.

I may, do you know the relative start up cost?

It varies. Could be anywhere from 20-30 USD, to several hundred, depending on how far you want to go.

It's 40k, disposable income or gtfo

Good thing about playing chaos that they're only second to orks in making your own models, as in you can make almost anything you want out of anything you want,

generally people buy a starter kit, Betrayal at Calth, Dark Vengence, etc. And convert the other side to chaos, so you can get a reasonable chaos army to start up for about 120 on ebay. (If you were to play Slaanesh, Dark Vengence is good because bikes, and Slaanesh loves bikes, but Calth is probably a better deal. and all of your models will look pretty unique.)

Tyranid! The universe may be a cold place a time, but I will always be connected with her.

I would either do necron, AdMech or iron warriors, but I'm just a dude who's into robots so up to you.

Tau if you want a good army that can do anything.

Death Korps if you want that sweet gas mask trenchcoat aesthetic.

That's not a tau, that's an Ork!

Competitive isn't really what I'm looking for, generally I wanna have cool looking models and Eldritch horror, so it's down to chaos and nids/stealers

For best friend, probably guardsman or Commissar. If I was more autistic I'd pick the berserker but I have too much to live for

You're aware that GW has been overhauling the entire game and has trickling out the rules for 8th edition, right?

warhammer-community.com/

Don't buy anything. Everything is changing. Every statline could be overhauled. We have no idea how each faction and each unit will operate beyond very general assumptions.

Tyranids have a unique look but all you're gonna be painting is flesh and bone vairations. No metallics or gems or fire or anything. Also they get shit on pretty hard in the crunch. Still - they are cool and have loyal fans. Genetealer cults get around some of the aesthetic problems, and have cool vehicles. All of your troops will look like Klingon Lex Luthors though.

Chaos has a damn cool aesthetic, and is easy to mod and convert. You can have loads of fun with different color schemes. Most Chaos models will always have opportunities for flesh, bone, metallic, fire, gems, matte, everything. They're also very heavily supported by GW. And if you want to run a god-specific army you can indulge in the latest releases, or convert your own units around a theme.

I was considering devoting myself to the rotfatherl

I choose this.

Nurgle is REALLY fun to do. Nurgle is less of a color scheme and more of a "glaze" you can just put onto any existing chaos model.

Here's some fast tips for converting great Nurgle shit:

>Buy greenstuff. Use it to make intestines, pustules, long tongues, etc.
>Buy liquid greenstuff. It sucks for its intended purpose but if you roughly dab it onto boring bare surfaces (like tank armor or cloaks) you get a great crusty effect.
>Buy tons of Typhus Corrosion. It's supposed to be used around rivets and shit, but I find you can just use it as a basecoat for boring stretches of bare metal. Then just drybrush it with silvers and rust colors to make it more interesting.

Hey i've been thinking of building a fluffy slaneesh army

Are noisemarines any good?

>tau
>can do anything

Do you skip close combat user?

Loyal tyranid fan here. I was ecstatic when i heard genestealer cults were finally coming out. But i was largely disappointed by there aesthetics, finally being able to paint metals was such a relief, but i feel like they just slapped genestealers in generic armour, i feel like they couldve done more in terms giving the armour characteristics like chaos space marines armour does, instead of being thorned and shit, have it more fleshy and swirly kinda like nurgle in some ways, i just think they look dumb and not scary whatsoever

I'm thinking of dropping nids for orks. Good or bad idea? Mostly coz it's fun to model orks.

Keep nids, orks are worse off on the table, also nids look better imo

IG best friend all day every day. I will have a son with your sister and name him after you in honour of your life cut short.

Is it possible to reprogram a Necron to be 'friendly'? I know it's heretical and stuff but could it be done?

I suppose this question is is in order, which army embraces the lovecraftian aesthetic more? Chaos or tyranids?

I pick which is Khornate Berserker is the best possible choice.

So the only downside of the noise marine is he has bad fashion sense? Sounds great!

Seconding this. If you think you'll enjoy building and converting models, chaos gives you a lot of opportunities to get creative.

see No one knows what is good and what is not.

Necrons are not robots.
They are living metal, previously filled by the souls of the Necrontyr. Most have simply lost their intelligence, or gone insane.

They cannot be programmed in any form. Please read the lore.

I welcome Grandpa Nurgle's blessings