Shadow of the Demon Lord worship thread

Why are you still playing 5e instead of Shadow of the Demon Lord, Veeky Forums?

>bane/boon system is more flexible than advantage/disadvantage, while being just as easy
>classes are more diverse and less thematically restrictive
>stat bonus scaling is more intuitive
>combat is MUCH faster, because slimmed down initiative system
>spells are more diverse
>casting makes more sense
>character sheet is much simpler, while still allowing for a diverse range of builds
>professions fit better into an rpg style narrative game than skill proficiencies
>PCs scale through the ability to do better and cooler things instead of HP and proficiency bonus
>insanity rules that can be easily removed from the game if desired

The best system for a not long campaign, hands down.

Writer's eye removal fetish.

im interested in Zweihander for a more grimdark and deadly experience. Does this system do a better job at it ?

Why are you playing either of those instead of Moldway Basic?

Before I expanded the image I thought the demon was wearing a Fedora and now I'm just disappointed.
I want reddit athiest demons in my setting now.

Leap that PDF, if you're so great

Some people like having more mechanics than "your numbers go up faster".

>Why are you still playing 5e instead of Shadow of the Demon Lord, Veeky Forums?
It's way too gamey for my taste.

Whats good about moldvay basic?

Not everyone needs to know about my pregnancy fetish.

Shadow of the r/adviceanimals moderator

I'm not familiar with Zweihander, does anyone know much about it?

Isn't it edgy shit?

It's pretty much Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Thats bs
WFRP is rules lite game. 2nd edition had like 200-something pages, including ton of fluff and art.

Meanwhile, Zweihander is 650 pages long tl;dr monstrosity, despite being "setting agnostic"

Cause you need like 15 strength to wear plate armor and 13 to use most weapons.

15 strength in SotDL is like 20 strength in DnD. It's fucking plate armor, how does it weigh so much that you need to be herculean in terms of strength wear it.
It's also still d20, and suffers from all the problems of d20.

I love the setting, but the rules are fucking awful.

Either give us a pdf or shut up, retard

zweihander is rules lite too. it has a lot of professions and careers and talents. rules are like a few pages only. But back to SOTDL.... how is the career system ? as bland as dnd 5e ?

Not really. It's definitely more grimdark than d&d, but edge is moderate and optional. I'd say the edgiest thing in the game is probably the "forbidden" school of magic, which is just a bunch of mutilation spells. Also, some of the monsters in the index are a little edgy, too.

Explain

The dude that collects tears lol

The first impression I ever had with this system was the "lul your balls explode!" spell, and now I can't look at it without thinking it's insufferably edgy and dumb.

>Why are you still playing 5e instead of Shadow of the Demon Lord, Veeky Forums?
What if I don't want to play in a grim and gritty setting?

>no elves
>no halflings
>no gnomes

No joke, Shadow of the demon lord is not generic enough.
With D&D I can use whatever setting I want. With shadow of the demonlord, I have to use their grimdark setting.

>why are you playing D&D instead of edgy D&D?

the only D&D I want to play is moldvay basic. is right

>you need to level up once before you can choose a class

what is this, an mmo?

This, I'd love to play it but most of my campaign ideas don't fit into it. Apocalypse World is a much better game than 5e but for a weekly game I'd rather play 5e, and while it's not as restricted in campaign length it's still quite focused.

You can wear it with no STR you will just get penalties. You need some good STR to be able to dodge while in heavy armor.

They all exist actually
OH NO you get to have a session 0 and actually get a feel for your character before you do stuff.