Outsider Update 2 - elf boogaloo

Ousider is a sci-fi webcomic whose update schedule can appear on the geological time scale.

Most recent page: well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider113.html

Main page: well-of-souls.com/outsider/index.html

Insider: well-of-souls.com/outsider/insider.html

Forum: well-of-souls.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

How would Fireblade react to finding Jardin decorating pictures of her and her crewmates with beards?

Confusion, probably.

All those redacted lines don't look very good.

mostly on her psi skills. it makes sense that she would have a few of those given that she is an intelligence officer.

>prefers dark, humid places
Why would anyone have that?

Take a stab at what could be [REDACTED]
>mind control
>mind break
>hypnosis
>suggestion
>conditioning

Would the Loroi even know what a beard is
Their men are smug little bitchboys

they live a life of non stop sex. they have the right to be smug about it

if anything they might be intimidated and jealous of human men

Of course they would be, they're little 4 foot twinks.

>xenophilia

>xenophilia

Shit, how did I miss that. Welp, that tears it, bitch is getting HUMAN'd

>500/1000 degrees per 1 lb
Is that °c or °F?
>1.5k - 6.5k lbs telekinesis
I thought force wasn't homogeneous to mass.

Okay, looking at her stats I can understand how they were used as shock troops.

THE BLUEBERRIES LIE
YOU CAN'T TRUST'EM

WHATCHA LOOKIN AT, BLUEBOY?

Isn't that the flaw where your character is the one that insists the angry pointy-toothed snarlbeast gnashing at the party's heels is merely trying to communicate

Xenophily or xenophilia means an affection for unknown/foreign objects or people. It is the opposite of xenophobia or xenophoby.

If you stretched the translation a bit "love of aliens".

Why doesn't the author just do a light novel instead of a webcomic? Mostly text with the occasional illustration. It's obvious he'll never finish with a pure webcomic.

I'm aware, but it's also a specific GURPS character flaw and these are GURPS character sheets.

Came here to post this.

Why does Beryl have the best beard?

Because she's best girl

I'm tempted to argue for the sake of discussion, but I can't help but agree.

Intimidated physically, perhaps.

But probably not jealous.

>You are instinctively fascinated and attracted by strangers and aliens, no matter how dangerous or frightening they appear to be. Make a self-control roll whenever you meet someone (or something) like this. If
you fail, you assume that this person is interested in interacting with you socially. A xenophile finds himself offering drinks to glaring foreign soldiers, making passes at cute vampires,and shaking tentacles with Things Man Was Not Meant To Know while his companions are pointing weapons or running the other way... As partial compensation, you get a bonus to Fright Checks when meeting strange creatures.
>NPCs with this trait will react to exotic PCs at a similar bonus.
She would need some sexual traits on top of that to automatically want the D.

I've found the list of possible disadvantages. Take your pick.

Basically, with Xenophilia, if Beryl rolls 16, 17 or 18 on a 3d6, she will assume that whatever stranger or alien she sees is friendly and wants to interact with her.

>She would need some sexual traits on top of that to automatically want the D.

Isn't the entire loroi culture built around making more loroi for the war effort? You need horny women for that.

So am I wrong in saying the loroi are basically jumped up savages with a superiority complex?

Yes.

Nope. Continuously horny women would result in population explosion and lack of available personel due to constant pregnancy.
In peacetime they weren't seing males often.

Why? Their culture is crude, they disdain science and glorify combat, and can only function because of client races who provide them tech, yet they think their the best thing since sliced bread. Sounds like jumped up savages with delusions of superiority to me.

That doesn't mean they weren't horny, it means access to males was restricted. She even says that's how they control their population, by controlling their access to males. The bitches wanna fuck but dicks are a controlled commodity. All the men are owned by the state.

Fuck off shell

Titheric genocide never happened

So they're an entire race of smug anime girls?

And beryl is best girl, AKA slightly less cunty than the rest.

They don't outright disdain science, they lock themselves into particular social cliques and lack the social mobility to spread scientific ideas freely.

Not entirely dissimilar to the way we lock scientific papers behind paywalls that no one is willing to pay for.

Any gendered species is gonna want to fuck. Because the ones that didn't already went extinct.

However, putting ~2000 horny people in a single ship without access to the opposite sex when homosexuality is frowned upon is gonna ensure that the enemy won't need to even fire a single shot.

Masturbation, and rotations back on leave where they can blow off steam. And a few of them probably scissor. Same way our own navies dealt with it, and you can't tell me seamen weren't randy bastards.

They're uplifted proto-humans used as proxy cannon fodder for an ancient alien empire. They also like to pretend they're not uplifted proto-humans because there's apparently several other uplifted cannon fodder races.

Have you ever seen seamen on leave?
No imagine the same thing but with literally rutting sailors, 1/10th the number of prostitutes, and state bureaucracy to access them.
That's a bloodbath.

That doesn't disprove my point.

>compulsive behavious: liar

>captain jardin
You know, that's always been the part i cannot understand. Is promoting a member of a different race they have no contact with and don't understand the military ranks of supposed to be meaningful? It just seems to show their shallowness 'oh, the glorious loroi would never deal with a LOWLY ensign. So you're a captain now!'

Presumably the loroi are more disciplined. I still stand by my headcannon. Them bitches be horny as fuck. That's why they locked him up in solitary, keep him from getting jumped by the sex starved crew.

>the crew is tired because it's been in a low level state of mutiny with factions forming and trying to storm alex's cell
i believe it

Well, no, he's highest ranking navy man on the now destroyed Bellermine, so now he's acting captain. It's literally just a temperary field position until they can link up with humanity.

They're recognizing him as the leader of the ship they rescued him from, since he's technically the highest ranked survivor.

There's no ship for him to be acting captain of, and this again only works if the loroi and humans have an identical system of command in their ships.

Note that when they came to get him they had marines in full combat gear. Coincidence? I think not!

>only works if the loroi and humans have an identical system of command

Why?
They both have a concept of "leader of the ship" and Jardin presumeably knows enough trade language to recognize the word, seeing as how he's an ambassador.

It's assuming leadership can pass down. That ranks move up and take more responsibility if the higher ups are incapacitated. It's not hard to imagine either social constructs that do not allow that to happen or physical limitations that make it impossible.

Why would the Loroi bother to imagine such an outcome?
They're top dog in a 1000 year space empire, their military protocol is standard military protocol and their current situation is one of constant field promotions due to critical crew malfunctions.

>first contact with an entirely new alien race
>i'm sure they follow our protocols
Yeah, starting to think the guy who said they're upjumped savages is correct.

He's already demonstrated he's familiar with their language and has mentioned he's been briefed somewhat by system natives.
He gave them his original rank in their system, in their language, and has demonstrated no confusion with any of their ranks.

Also they're still not sure he's an alien, his psyblock makes them think he's some sort of spy pretending to be an alien.
That's kind of why they're dragging him back to the homeworld for questioning.

If the Loroi are savages, then so are basically every vaguely nationalistic political body on Earth, the US included.

>Sadism
>Lecherousness

Alex might be in for some "fun" time.

Kikitik, don't you have some species to be enslaving? Get off the internet and back into your slave-labour camp.

Loroi culture is built around controlling the access women have to men - their men are all property of the state and live in monasteries/brothels. Women are generally allowed to mate at least once in their life (or more, until they get pregnant), but further matings are doled out as rewards by the higher-ups. Even the higher-ups almost never form long-term relationships with males, and repeatedly mating with the same male or attempting to monopolize a male is taboo.

The higher-ups themselves tend towards having as many children as possible, since in Loroi society the mother doesn't typically raise their own child and their medical technology means they don't have to carry the child to term anyway. The point of having children though isn't that they're compulsive breeders, it's that nepotism is alive and well in the Loroi union and any children you have are likely to be your diehard supporters after a lifetime of patronage.

The Loroi ain't sex demons, they're machiavellian spartan bitches with a caste system. Having sex with someone just because you're both into it rather than because society wants you to reproduce would to them be a bizarre, degenerate fetish.

Just wait until he drops that humans can have sex all they want like he almost did in the elevator.

>The Loroi ain't sex demons, they're machiavellian spartan bitches with a caste system. Having sex with someone just because you're both into it rather than because society wants you to reproduce would to them be a bizarre, degenerate fetish.

At least when we are talking about the military casts. Civilians are supposedly more open though they hold no power.

>loroi civilians
>not a myth
LOROI
WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION

Do the loroi have the same disdain for REMFS as human soldiers so?

Fuck toy.

You need to have a person responsible for a ship at all times.
Chain of command is one of the basic tenants of a navy. It ain't gonna change just because those people have pointy ears.

>You need to have a person responsible for a ship at all times.
No you don't. It's how some humans have gone about doing things, but there is no law of physics mandating such a thing.

Hey buddy, why don't you go tell Fireblade that for a bet?

Please give me a functional command structure of an isolated vessel that doesn't include one person holding full authority and responsability, excluding thing like hiveminds since the Loroi are very close to humans.

I think that would be his plan all along.
Also Fireblade is the only pure girl on the ship.

>Human-Loroi negotiations tense after freak spontaneous combustion

You can have a person holding sole authority, you can just have that authority be unchangeable. If a captain dies, the ship is considered to be dead along with him and scrapped. Crew aren't officially 'people'.

That could come from societal constructs (super nobles or some such), no weird biology required.

severe mental trauma will cause that

> best girl

>Girl
That looks like a Loroi male.

source or bullshit

ive spent enough time in 40k thrreads to know that most of Veeky Forums are outright dumb niggers who are too stupid extract any meaning from source material

Civilians are either failed warriors or the descendents of failed warriors, that's why they are looked down upon.

Yes, but the loroi don't function like that. Their entire society is build around the military, and that happens to have ranks similar to the ones we know from humanity. It is entirely feasible that aliens in sci fi stories have different structures in society and military that we humans can comprehend. But outsider isn't one of those stories. The Loroi are human-looking space elves that are almost certainly descendent from humans for christ's sake.

>Cute elf chick says that she understands that males need to get fucked all the time or they start suffering health problems.
>She offers to make arrangements so that you can mating press blue skinned elf babes just after waking up in the morning.
>"Nah, human men aren't like that, I don't want elf pussy every day."

I want to stab the little faggot.

>descendent
Engineered

>just watched his ship get blow'd up and all his crewmates die
>elves try to mind rape him
>has no idea if the elves are physically toxic
Can't say i disagree with his refusal here.

How do you promote someone in that case?

Umiaks do assign crews to ships and let them until both are destroyed, tho.

>thinking with your dick during first contact with genocidal space elves
Life expectancy: less than 10000 solons.

But, from what we have seen, they still have some form of command structure on those ships. Kitik...ktikitk....kititkikt...fuck it, that one general is in charge of their fleet at the battle after all.

Seems their command structure is disconnected from ship operation.

I feel like Loroi congeniality is an obscene display of power. If they have interstellar psitech detection fields, I guarantee that dissent can be root-canaled from their society on an individual level (some castes doubtlessly specialize in this - as other anons pointed out, Tempo's [[REDACTED]] psi abilities raise an eyebrow or two ). Even if you don't use that punishment/"rehabilitation" often, it is a lot more philosophically serious than an electric chair, and will shape your entire society. A telepath hierarchy needs no slaves... Perhaps their disdain for the Umiak's mundane coercion and imperialism is rooted there?

I digress! Art is great!

I thought it was incredibly cheeky. So far the writing has been right on the level of self-awareness that doesn't grate me, although I hope (and I literally always hope this at all times, in reality and fiction) that we run into plenty of interesting nonhumanoid / nonbidepal beings.

...besides, no amount of vicarious elf hand-holding will satisfy me until one of their smugmales gets involved as well.

I liked what the protag said about "simulator jockeys". I like that kind of arrogance - thinking you deserve something more tangible than your peers (I'm a fag, I know).

Is there something on insider on their command structure I have missed? Because so far we have only seen the overall commander of the fleet. Stillstorm has command over the loroi raider fleet, but the individual ships still have captains. I'd suspect it's the same with the umiak. Only difference might be that the umiak's ships never change commanders. like said.

Don't worry, you can trust the Mizol. After all, since she cannot read your mind, you have nothing to fear! Now strap on this chair. The electrodes are purely ceremonial.

Tempo is so fucking beautiful, I'd sell humanity out for a date.

Looks like the blueberries mindfucked another one. Poor bastard.

>500/100 degrees/sec pec 1lb
>1 lb=450 g
Let's assume this is per pound of water since cal is our standard for such things. Fireblade can heat up 450g of water by 500+ degrees in one second.

Let's see. If we take a human dick of cylindrical shape, with proportions taken as, when erect, 15cm length and 3 cm diameter with 70% water composition assuming blood and water have comparable latent heat. Assuming blood accounts for most of its latent heat when erect with a margin of error of a factor of two;
This gives us
V=15*10^-2*3.14*(1.5*10^-2)^2
~15*6.3*2.25*10^-6
~2.25*10^-4 m^3 or about 22.5% of a liter, so about 225g of water. Even accounting for the remaining 30% of the dick needing more joules per Kelvin, Fireblade will cook your dick well done in less time than it take you to scream "that's really hot".

This was brought to you by La Romaine des Eaux, aliments pour chiens.

So this is what frenchmen spend their time doing...

Nerd lol

Hey, this made me think that depending on how draining it is on the user, pyrotechnics of Fireblade's caliber could probably help Loroi scientists or technicians considerably when it comes to creating suitable environments for any given reason. If they can also cool things down, they can probably allow otherwise unattainable overclocking performance in their computers!

Besides, it was that or devising a way to make people understand that proprietary programming languages are inherently untrustworthy.

>hair length is an indicator of seniority
>25 yo Fireblade has a wild mane of hair reaching down to her thighs
>54 yo Tempo has a bun
So does she cut her hair from time to time or do the blueberries have space magic to hold 50 years worth of hair growth in a bun the size of my fist?

I can't handle this thread goddamnit.
What use is an AG field if you can't fold space to fix your hair? Savages.

>outsider updating
What timeline am I living in?

Still the darkest timeline, sorry.

The author ran out of monies and needs to update in order to get more.