Is there anything you can trust Veeky Forums's opinion on?

Is there anything you can trust Veeky Forums's opinion on?

Invariably, whenever any question is asked, at least 30% of the replies are insanely stupid. That's a lower percentage than many other boards, but it really seems like we got a lot of people trapped on mount stupid rushing to get their opinions heard here.

At best they are phoneposters that just want to quickly reply between school/work and don't have the time to check things. At worst we have to deal with the fact that large portions of this board never played any traditional games and is just here to shitpost about things related to it.

There is a simple question used to find out the quality of a board.

Was the Eragon / Inheritance trilogy good or bad?

Nah, you can't trust Veeky Forums's opinion on anything.
We've reached the point in popularity where we can no longer be a unified culture, and instead are a bunch of warring groups, which means that literally every opinion will have a guy telling you that you are wrong.
Throw in contrarianism, and Veeky Forums is wrong about literally everything out of spite alone.

Muh sekrit klub. Muh board kultur. Get a load of yourselves. If you take anything on Veeky Forums at face value, you deserve to be bamboozled.

See? Veeky Forums can't even be right about its own state, it has to be wrong about that too.

>we can no longer be a unified culture
Veeky Forums literally never was this.

75% of questions here are answered by three responses:
1. Talk to them like an adult
2. Read the god damn rules
3. Depends on the setting

Nearly everything else that is asked is a question about opinions, and 75% of those questions either have an obvious general consensus or are specifically designed to bait a flamewar.

There's literally no reason to answer seriously most of the time, so be happy that you only see about 30% of your answers be "stupid" opinions.

What's the correct answer?

It helps if you tune out the reflexive shitposters, like the ones who post single lines of greentext or pictures of laughing anime girls.

There was a point in Veeky Forums history that it may as well have been renamed /40k/

That was never the case. Even in the early days there were more D&D threads than 40k threads, and that has remained true to this day. 40k has even lost the 2nd position to MTG now.

You must have been on hiatus while I was posting regularly during that period. It was so bad that you could regularly count on all but one of the posts on the front page to be 40k related.

i read those as a teenager and they seemed good then. in hindsight they're probably trash. partly do to the fact that the author has a release schedule worse that george r.r. martin

Fucking bad.

Also, tg has a good opinion about Honor Harrington.

I was too old by then time they came out and never read them. The one scene I eventually saw of the movie only convinced me further to stay as far away from the books as possible and to never rewatch the film.

That's almost as bad as endorsing ISIS execution videos

I wouldn't trust Veeky Forums to take care of my goldfish.

Depends on the endorsement

Sorry, what I meant by good was "tg has a correct opinion, that it's piece of trash".

ISIS execution videos are at least entertaining.

Oh. Very good then.

They have really great special effects though

You must be the sort who has limited self-awareness and allows his fractional perception to define his world view.

In other words, you think it was mostly 40k because that's what you cared about.

75%? Try fucking 90% last 10% being balance of non d&d things/wip/color scheme things

Guys, it was both.

As with most RPG-related issues, it all comes down to 40kids and deeNdee-rones being really loud, obnoxious, and constantly talked about by NARPfags.

It's almost like we're a large group of people with varied opinions who can accept that other people might disagree with them, and while arguing is fun at the end of the day differences of opinion are fine.

get your reasonable statements out of here

Not to mention babies like you who hate those things so you go to every one of those threads to complain and shitpost.

And you're just a plain asshole.

fuck thats some nostalgia right there

The same can be said for many boards. There's a reasonable fraction of people who've never played a proper tabletop game here on /tg.

The number of people on /fa who can't come up with an original outfit, or the number of people on /fit who are out of shape might surprise you.

Just part of the breaks of being in the modern era where someone not having constant internet access would be more surprising than having it.

No. The prophecy requires us to disagree and thus reassure the future of the world.

Read the rules before posting here.

But the honor harrington series was good popcorn-chomping space opera! Strong, STRONG emphasis on was.

David Weber has jumped the shark in a way few writers who aren't Terry Brooks or George R. R. Martin have managed, and I think that plays a big part why the safehold abomination he's currently pissing away his fanbase on is published by tor instead of baen. Eventually even baen got tired of his schlock.

Though I suspect the move away from baen has less to do with writing quality and more to do with the dozen-odd books he's contractually obligated to write for them that he's avoided doing for the last couple decades.