/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/mayday-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Be honest - have you ever actually played Wraith and what do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c
youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk
youtube.com/watch?v=yQJCi4RVFZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=JuFJ9reBX5c
youtu.be/onE43h_TUUY
youtu.be/MK6TXMsvgQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread didn't even hit bump limit. Were you really that eager to put up this one?

>Wraith

No. But I'd like to. It's that critical darling that never sold well.

One of the more annoying guys in vtes.

his bets fraindo

I want lewd. Where can I get some lewd?

i had this idea of doing a VtM game on the sprawl from dad space 2.
The dead space universe seems like what the World of Darkness would be like in the future.

Do you guys have any ideas for plots?

dad space sounds awesome

>Wraith question

I think about it frequently. Including how weird it must be for living Japanese people to help resistance against Yu Huang.

They were explicitly to pad out the schedule, user. Distribution channels wanted a steady stream of books for their revenue. This lead to the supplement treadmill, minimal research time windows, and bad editing.

You mean for WoD? Look in some of the less regulated books, or go to hentai foundry and search for vampires, werewolves or what have you.

dad space....

I want in on this IP!

Did this thread turn into a world crafting: dad space -edition?

Yes!

The awkward but lovable world of dad space!

If the world had an empra fra 40k -type of a character, would his name be Hugh Mongous?

>Hugh Mungous
Wot?

Requesting Changeling the Dreaming 20th Anniversary

Did you just sexually harass me?

Yes. Once. It lasted all of one session and I don't really remember it.

repostan: ALRIGHT SPORTS FANS!

In the giant, smoking crater that was M20 they did do one interesting thing. They provided the future fate sidebars so that you could pick and choose between the foundational concepts of your game from three editions. I've collected them all here.

So, let's build the ultimate edition of Ascension.

Welp better to just make a youcare account, since I'm obviously the victim here.

Local surfer girl awakens as Thyrsus will you be her mentor?

Surfer dudes/gals do not make good Seers of the Throne so no

I will burn her using water.

I'm not the hero user who posted it last thread, but here it is.
mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c

Post hunter music
youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk
youtube.com/watch?v=yQJCi4RVFZ8

>Best art from the 20 line

HUMONGOUS WOT?

youtube.com/watch?v=JuFJ9reBX5c

youtu.be/onE43h_TUUY

>Little Tailor for all the War Ghouls
>Anson with how many Master phases
>Leatherface, because Bum's Rush all day erryday
>Mata fucking Hari
>that one Malkavian

youtu.be/MK6TXMsvgQg

Skills every neonate vampire needs?

Read his skill, no one can do shit about it. It's way too annoying. Blocking in that game is so strong. Almost better than acting.
On the topic of recruiters or employers, what do you think of pic? Only if he had spiritus to do some muricia's calling

Athletics for running away and empathy to know when to shut up

The ability to not stand out in a crowd, the knowledge on how to move through the city, where to find things and who to find to get them, the ability to stand for himself and most importantly the knowledge of who not get on the bad side of

Common sense

>Hunter: The Vigil game planning
>GM says it's a tier 3 game (pretty sweet)
>Nobody can agree on what conspiracy to be
>"No it's okay you can be different conspiracies"
Will this work or nah? I can understand some, like VASCU and VALKYRIE potentially working together, but the party as is (four people) want to be VASCU, Cheiron, Faithful of Shulpae, and Aegis Kai Doru.

This

I can imagine VASCU agent siting in Cheirons pocket so this could work but rest of those guys are kinda uh

Obtenebration, Vicissitude and Protean.

I mean that's the thing that fucks with me actually
VASCU and Cheiron could conceivably work together
And Aegis and Shulpae could (considering Aegis only cares about the fate of the artifacts, not those who have them)
They're two workable pairings mashed together into a mess.

No
Obeah, Fortitude, Visceratica

Full house witnessed

>triple booby
What splat is that from?

It's...not impossible, but it greatly depends on the conspiracies in question.

No, I'll hand her off to somebody else because apprentices ARE FOR CHUMPS.

CHUMPS.

No one can do shit is rarely a thing in VtES, there's multiple ways to disable specific Vampire or straight up burn an Ally.
>Blocking in that game is so strong.
It really is, that's why you either stack up Stealth, swarm with more Minions than Prey can keep up with or go unblockable.

As for whatshisface and retainer trickery, I guess it might work if you build around it, though I don't think it will be that much better than just swarming with Cap 1 little shits from Embraces.

>Obeah
>Visceratica
I'm pretty sure Salubri Gargoyle is one of the Tremere's wet dreams, but let's be realistic...

Very unique take, if you ever do it, please storytime it here. How would you handle Vampires daily slumber?

Yes. I'll guide her in using her gift without letting it corrupt her soul, and teach her to practice responsible use of the powers God has blessed her with.

Would a Gargoyle be willing to teach you Visceratika if you kill his Tremere master?

Have you ever had an idea for a homebrew Hunter conspiracy? Tell us about it.
>Project TSAR
>Basically a communist VALKYRIE/Cheiron combination
>Russia-funded covert ops group acting as cold war style sleeper agents
>activating on confirmation of monster presence
>goal is Cheiron-style capture and send back to Moscow for potential weaponization of monsters against USA in upcoming WWIII
>Endowment would basically be implanted triggers and abilities to allow them to better infiltrate and espionage

>In space no one can hear you snort

Not the op and I play cofd not wod but I would still tie it to day/night cycle of whatever planet they are on at that moment as silly as it sounds. Bigger problem is what to do with space stations

Russia's not communist though, unless this is for a game set during the Cold War

Cool idea otherwise - still works in the modern day, the combination of a Charon-style oligarch-owned corporation with some Kremlin-backed covert ops group would make for a great faction.

What fucking Garygoyle has a Tremere master in modern nights? It's literally illegal to the Camarilla and the Tremere can be blood hunted for it.

Dark Ages they didn't even have the discipline.

That's a Gangrel and she's just a very muscly lady

well when I say Communist it sorta implies you're going the 'shadow government' route

It's her armpit, the sleeve is pulled down her arm.

Greetings, neonate.

So what group of supernaturals pulls their strings?

Are sure user?
Are you SURE
Are you TOTALLY SURE
Thet Tremere give a fuck about rules?
Are you sure user

You do realize that he made it, acknowledge that he shouldn't have, and would have literally been blood hunted by any Prince if he wasn't an Elder.
Hell, even ousting him would have gotten him lambasted by his elders.

It's literally illegal to do what he did and you will be blood hunted for it by both the Camarilla and Tremere.

Well shit, can you imagine if they managed to make one in the Dark Ages?

...I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. What does communism have to do with "shadow government"? You're throwing a weird outdated concept in there, forget about communism and focus on Putin/Oligarch-funded Russian Sleeper Agents.

Tremeres that break their laws get in a fuckton of trouble. Which is to say, you get locked outside the chantry one night alone.

Tremere are fucking rules lawyers and follow the laws to the letter and not a fucking inch more.

kek

Nah man that bitch has three boobs.

But if he did it before joining the Camarilla, I don't see elders/prince caring much. It's only if he created it after, they would get interested

I did run a brief campaign of WrtO that lasted about 5 sessions. It was certainly interesting. I had a lot of fun playing up the weirder aspects of the setting and especially bureaucratic mess that is the Heirarchy. Much fun was had in a scene where a Silent Legion recruiter convinced one of the PCs (who was a murder victim) to join his legion. The character was killed in a hobo fight over drug money so the recruiter used that angle to say the PC was *technically* a victim of despair.

The players also got the hang of shadow-guiding after the first session. As a GM I just had to introduce the idea the shadows exist to make the story interesting and not to ever take away any spotlight from the Psyche's player, and the group rolled with it. It also helped keep players who would otherwise be not present in a scene stay engaged with the ongoing session by shadow-guiding.

All in all it was a fun experience. My only regret is that the game fell apart because of IRL obligations, but hey, that happens.

Your point?

He still did it.

ALL VAMPIRES ARE PART OF THE CAMARILLA

Secondly, how the fuck does a Tremere join the Camarilla after the embrace? They're the fucking Tremere, they're all part of it and anyone who says otherwise will end up as a pile of ash.

Still he can have this Conspiracy as something that started in USSR and survived its fall.

>ALL VAMPIRES ARE PART OF THE CAMARILLA

Calm down kiddo. I mean that if he created the gargoyle before the Convention of Thorns, he can be let off the hook pretty easily. "Oh my apologies, this one was made before we joined the Camarilla, what a mistake" that's it. If a Prince has a grudge against him, sure he can use that as an excuse but if we're rules-lawyering, he would have done nothing wrong

Part of the Convention of Thorns literally made it so Gargoyles were all freed from the Tremere. So yes, he'd have done something wrong. He'd have violated the founding treaty of the Camarilla.

Freed, sure. That doesn't mean Gargoyle can't be "employed" by the Tremere. Technically.

Employed yes. Actively mind controlled? No. Straight violation of the accords.

So?

I think he's implying that the Russian government is run by a Neo-Soviet group behind the shadows in that world.

Shit I realized I was the retarded one, I forgot that the Gargoyle only escaped the chantry recently and not centuries ago. Ignore me

I don't think you need to mind control them or anything.

>hey bro, you're a fucking gargoyle. walking masquerade violation waiting to happen and you can't hide as easily as nossies can. how about you work for us? guaranteed employment and pension. I mean, what choice what do you have?

W20 has nice art but it's a bit too furry for my taste. Also, the comic at the beginning is laughably silly.

A Nosferatu makes a deal with a Tzimisce master of Visccitude who promises that with eldritch secrets he can make the Nosferatu beautiful again (doesn't matter if he actually can.) What might the Tzimisce want out of the Nosferatu?

Information.

If a Defiler and a mortal both agree that the Defiler would use her angel form in front of him once per month to inspire the mortal on writing silly songs, is it a pact or a reaping?

Also, can a character have more Temporary Faith than Faith pool? Because I think that 3 is really low as a cap.

Also, a demon can only grant something by using his lores/apocalyptic powers or not? For example a Devil cannot make a crippled walk again, but most pacts take 1 faith point out of 2 "Because the demon needs it to fullfit the mortal wish", so this means that they can do some kind of miracle without having to use their lore/forms if it's done to fullfit a pact?

His childe/ghouls for further experiments
and then he will laugh when the Nossie dies horribly because you can't go against the curse

Planning a Demon the Fallen campaign. Everyone, including me, is completely new to the splat. Is there anything mechanically that I should be worried about, or something that new players to the setting might have trouble with?

>a demon can only grant something by using his lores/apocalyptic powers
Yes. Was rereading the book recently and it said that only lores. Of course he can also gift some inherent powers - like curing from all diseases and ailments (because demons don't have those), immunity to mind control, that sort of stuff

Then why 1 Faith point out of 2 goes wasted every day for the pact? It's just some kind of "Custom fees?"

What do you mean "too furry"? They haven't had wolf-headed bikini babes since after the first edition core. Everything since has been wolf-shaped rage-monsters killing people who go to the wrong place in the woods. Or possibly the wrong alleyway.

what is this ad trying to convey

Its meant to convey that they are reusing art from the ST screen.

"Boy the 90's were something else weren't they"

I'm going to fuck the god machine.

This is what your average game of Mage should look like.

So here are questions to the people who actually played WoD from the beginning (or almost the beginning):
>What was it like to see the metaplot develop?
>Whenever there was a change in lore with new editions did you retcon it in or did you present it as a change?
>Were you hype for the Final Nights/Apocalypse/Ascension/Time of Judgement?

Ascension was all kinds of whack

Masquerade be jealous

Nosferatu don't die if they use Vicissitude to turn human again. They just reverse back to their deformed state the first time the vampire goes to sleep. Painfully

I wonder when someone's going to point out to OPP that in their quest for inclusion, they've made the big illustration for the Boggan kith in C20 (that being the race of fairies who revolve around being servants and love nothing more than to serve) a black man.

An impossible dream, user