>"AYO DIS CRACKA WANT SUM DEE EIGHT!"
>everyone laughs
>one kid throws his d12 spaghetti on my face
>never go back

>Buffeted by a disquieting din
>A throng of hyper-obese presses in
>The dice are cold

>I'll have the d20 crabs legs, and 2 d12s for my falcon please

Am I charged by what I got or the total weight?

Can I go through the trays and find matching sets or is there a line forming behind me? Is touching the dice without a ladle bad form?

>Your DM sets up a "dice buffet"
This idea has some merit.
Basically, you order a die and then roll for the amount of food brought to you.
Basically, you pay for the dice average and then gamble on the dice roll so the restaurant brings you more or less food.

So if I order 1d6 soup, I pay for 3.5 units of soup and then they let me roll the die for the actual amount of soup I get.

I actually kind of do this. Ever since I noticed that my players (since they're something of normalfags) always spend a few seconds of fishing around for the right dice, I just had all the dice be in communal bowls in the middle of the table. Each player keeps a D20, but the others are in bowls in the middle of the table that you just grab what you need. They're all color coded so you can pick them out easily (Purple for D4, Orange for D6, Blue for D8, Green for D10, Red for D12), and I wash them with warm water and soap before and after each session.

>buffet
>getting charged for what you get
I'm glad I don't live in a 3rd world communist country

"Waiter, there's a d30 in my soup!"

You're going to need a roll for that soup.

Man some people really go out of their way to make a comfortable playing experience. Big up for this dude. Hopefully you don't spoil your players rotten.

When did you roll for spot?

I'm glad you noticed, we have them home-made, finest quality. None of those cheap bulk d20!

I pile my tray high with Gamescience dice.

I've got small box full of 15 sets of 10, that I always take with me for all the games I go to. I'm not even a DM, I just think nobody should have to share dice.

I've got my own 10 set from my old starter 3.5 kit, though. Nobody uses those without my permission.

>ywn taste lithuanian d100 ice cream

>that guy who takes all the d6s

>That guy who picks all the blue d8's and leaves all the shitty purple ones.

Holy crap. That's actually a really great idea. I might have to do that. I have a player that I swear has some spacial recognition issues. Might be helpful for her.

If I ever have to deal with newbies, I'm doing the full buffet, no doubt

>I wash them with warm water and soap before and after each session.
That's actually really thoughtful, though I think you could get away with washing them only once between sessions.

Might be enough to just give them a once-over with ethanol tissues. But you gotta respect the dilligence.

Could be tedious depending how many dice they're working with.

You are a great host.

What, are we playing shadowrun?

I just wash them like you would vegetables. Stick em in a collander after the soap phase and rinse them. I live in a dry climate so they dry out fast.

>there is a menu of 100 choices, all numbered
>can't choose
>you have to roll for what meal you'll have

Well, the deal is that they bring snacks, so I don't mind. One of my players has a wife who makes a mean 7 layer dip.

>000 is tap water
>$20 to roll

Android game dev pls go.

no

Fallout 4 a shit

>spatial recognition issues
>her

No surprises there...

Typically you're charged by your total weight.
That's how they getcha.

A bar near where I live makes you throw the die to see how much you pay your beer. a d6.
I suggest extending this to the whole meal.
>Drink = 1d8
>starter = 1d12
>Main dish = 1d20
>dessert = 1d12
Divide by two if you leave in a normal country

Liar, I was looking for a purple one with golden numbers last time and only could find the dark purple one.
I'm sure you took it
I am actually serious, in part

holy shit I want this

>Not using bell-curve probabilities