Big Floppy Dick edition

Big Floppy Dick edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Which deck do you have that everyone in your group is terrified of?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list
duelcommander.com/banlist/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mishras-unstoppable-artifice/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/ixalan-worlds-pro-tour-nationals-and-rptqs-2017-04-18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list

WOTC apparently didn't like what Sheldon had to say a few weeks ago.

>Which deck do you have that everyone in your group is terrified of?
I got three decks, Niv-Mizzet, Oloro and Animar (I disagree on the Animar)

Yasova and Triplets. It's not even that they're super good, they just have a primal fear of having their stuff stolen.

Is Doomsday banned in paper 1v1?

What's a good commander for "when ~ deals combat damage to a player" effects and unblockable dudes?

This guy or Kaseto.

>Which deck do you have that everyone in your group is terrified of?
g/w Selvala elfball + stax
its less consistant than its combo counterpart but when people sit down to play more competitive decks at least I have something that has in the past taken out many high tier decks

For the imaginary French list?

duelcommander.com/banlist/

Nope. They done shit the bed here. This banlist is the worst of both worlds.

Edric is the king of this

In general my playgroup is terrified of me in general, even going so far as to shit on my Boros Random Commander Legendary tribal deck.

But my Brago deck involves me apologizing a lot.

Either Karador cause it's Karador and kinda shits on people or Melek cause the turns take forever. But I love playing them both.

This happens with me too. They are going to hate on you no matter what so you might as well just embrace the most cancerous commanders you can.

I just made a relatively convoluted deck with Sidar Kondo and Vial Smasher that is basically half cheap unblockables that fuck up stuff when they hit (Akki Underminer, Blinding Angel, Cabal Slaver[Who triggers off of Vial Smasher]) then stuff like Larceny, Destructive Urge, Elbrus, Quietus Spike.

Then the rest is mana ramp, mana rocks and X damage to target player type stuff like Blaze, Debt to the deathless, Exsanguinate, Aurelia's Fury, etc.

Then of course Return to Dust, Path to Exile, etc to deal with problems.

Pretty stoked to try it out, not sure if it will be very synergistic.

ways to build/break this qt?

Huh. I'll be interesting to see what my LGS decides to do with this. We have a few people bitching about Sol Ring there so they might want to push for this list.

Tromokratis

>Ban rocks
>Unban Pok, Prime Time, and Sylvan Primordial

Looks like I'm going to be avoiding Green: the Format.

are there any infinite untap combos in mono red?

how do we break him in commander?

no win condition nescessary, I just want to make zurfags shuffle all day

Most of them involve Kiki-Jiki

Thornbite Staff is probably a good bet. Not broken, but I'll take a free 3/1 for R every time somethings dies.

does this mean 'sheldon's list is still the list to play IRL/for multiplayer'?

>Emrakul not banned

>Leovold and Prossh aren't "oppressive commanders"
>ban Oath of Druids in the one format it isn't broken in but leave Defense of the Heart intact
What's with EDH and the format attracting literal retards to decide their banlists?

Did you miss the part where they explain this is because the majority of MODO EDH is 1v1, this is only intended for that, and they insist this is or MODO only, and is not intended in ANY way to usurp or undermine the RC, or impact Paper commander?

Vela and Kaseto if you want unblockable enablers
Dark Sygg or Edric or Derevi if you're a faggot if you want value catalysts

quick what is the old card that has a fish under a boat?

Her + Thornbite Staff + Phyrexian Altar + Pandemonium/Warstorm Surge.

Dandân

Thank you!

>Derevi is for faggots
>Edric isn't
???

What is the cheapest EDH deck that you own that you have lots of fun with?

I have a 25$ Brion deck

>is not intended in ANY way to usurp or undermine the RC, or impact Paper commander?

That reads like you winked at the end of it.

"To be perfectly clear, this banned list is only intended for Magic Online Commander. We respect the community roots and oversight of the Commander Rules Committee, and the creation and support of this format is in no way intended to impact paper Commander."

Word-for-word quote from the article.

You can build Edric in a fair way though. Derevi is never fair, because it can cheat commander tax.

>Fastbond not banned

Based Wizards, now I can play true degenerate gitrog

>defense of the heart
>1 turn delay
>eats removal
>can be played around
How can it be a problem?

Fastbond is the third card on the list though.

>4 mana: you have 1 turn to counter this else I win the game on spot
sure sounds like a more fair card than Sensei's Divining Top

Yeah I just saw it, forgive my autistic outburst, most of my decks will suck dick using this list

i've always wanted to build a shuffle deck. it's just a funny idea to me.

practically you are going to have a lot of people refuse to play with you though. and if you ever try to play a shuffle deck in a serious game a judge can always penalize you for stalling.

i think the best way to have fun with it would be to run a bunch of effects that allow you to play the top card of your library and then shuffle a lot to get what you want.

"If you don't have an answer before I untap, I will find my 2 combo pieces and immediately win".

What's the fair version of Edric?

Hoping to get some feedback on this one. This is my first artifact-based deck, I've always wanted to try making one and all my favourite artifact support is in these colours, plus Mishra is one of my favourite characters in Magic.
I'm not 100% confident in the deck though, I'm not sure exactly how I'll win aside from the obvious stuff like Kuldotha Forgemaster fetching Blightsteel Colossus, etc.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mishras-unstoppable-artifice/

REMINDER

"To be perfectly clear, this banned list is only intended for Magic Online Commander. We respect the community roots and oversight of the Commander Rules Committee, and the creation and support of this format is in no way intended to impact paper Commander."

Weenie aggro without counterspells and extra turns

Infinite tap untap and red mana into a psychogenic probe

> blaze

try comet storm or fall of the titans instead

I just finished building a deck with Grixis Marchesa with a theme like this.

Did you miss the part where they said this ban list applies for multiplayer Commander as well and that for some people, myself included, this is how they got the majority of their Commander experience? Did you also miss the part where they still fucking botched the 1v1 banlist by not banning Ad Nauseam and Metalworker?

I'm not sure I could put enough quotation marks around this being a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""coincidence"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" so soon after an extraordinarily controversial ban list that banned one of the more popular cards that was undoubtedly selling product and keeping the secondary market happy like you seem to imply.

I bet you also buy that crap they fed you in this article as well:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/ixalan-worlds-pro-tour-nationals-and-rptqs-2017-04-18

"We heard you loud and clear" is the heartiest laugh that people have gotten from WOTC this year. Here's a word from the wise. When a company decides they want to make a change that is going to be resounding and probably controversial, they do it incrementally. Expect this announcement to either cause Sheldon to fall in line or for it to signal that the RC's days are waning.

And I like the RC so I am not wishing for this to happen.

Oh, it's an absolute fucking train wreck of a banlist in general, and making it apply to ALL commander instead of making "Multiplayer Commander" and "1v1 Commander" different formats on the program was even stupider.

But I really don't see how that extends to "They're going to declare this is the ban list for all of Commander, including paper". Even if they did, 99% of Commander players would respond to that banlist with "Fuck exactly off".

God, have you autists actually run so low on things to bitch about that you're jumping at shadows now?

I'm sorry you don't have a logical response.

CMC of your Commander is the CMC of your Commander. Are we really going to have another thread of people asking blatantly obvious rules questions to try to justify some terrible play or cheating they did in their last session?

I'm sorry you think that your sky-is-falling, grasping-at-straws panic mongering warrants one.

The Converted Mana Cost of an object is always the sum total of the symbols in the mana cost in the upper-right of the card. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether you pay 0, BR, 1BR, 5BR, or 7WWUUBBRRGG to cast her, Vial Smasher will always have a CMC of 3.

I disagree. So I'm gonna take a page from your playbook and call you autistic for thinking that this change is just coincidentally showed up less than a week after a very controversial ban that heavily impacted the secondary market.

There are also several strictly better variants of Blaze like Banefire, Kaervek's Torch, Demonfire, Devil's Play, Ghitu Fire, etc. There's zero actual reason to be playing Blaze with as many times as it's been one-upped.

It's a bit ridiculous that, according to EDHRec, there are more decks playing Blaze than there are ones playing Kaervek's Torch and Ghitu Fire combined.

REMINDER

Some people on this general do play Commander on MTGO.

>That heavily impacted the secondary market
Yeah, because Saheeli losing a few dollars is so fucking crippling.

I'm sorry that you see any action WOTC takes as an indicator of a plot to ruin everything you love. I'm sorry you live in a delusional world where a multi-million dollar company has lasted 20+ years by asking the question "How can we fuck over as many of our customers as possible?".
I'm sorry you're so fucking self-centered that you cannot fathom the concept that something might INCIDENTALLY impact your life, rather than that impact being the primary reason the change was enacted.

I'm talking about the Commander ban announcement, you fucking goon. I think you might be making some leaps with your reasoning here. The connection between me not like their banlist and me being self-centered is loose at best.

I'm not actually using Blaze I just used it as an example lol.

You honestly think the Commander ban announcement, which only fucking applies on MODO, will impact the paper secondary market?

>not banned

wow

Can't ban his angry eyebrows.

>sky-is-falling
wizards involved with the banlist in any way shape or form is not a positive thing

Good thing they're not remotely involved with the paper banlist then, no matter how many mental hoops you jump through to justify your panicked screeching.

neither is emmy
coincidence?
ithinknot

Alright I guess I need to hold your hand through this line of thought.

- Sheldon announces ban on Leovold.
- Some stores are still moving Conspiracy product and the value of boxes drops.
- Leovold's price on MTGO tanks because he came into circulation way later than paper so not as many people had built an online deck list.

The Commander ban announcement last week ABSOLUTELY had an impact on the secondary market.

Then what are you going to do with all that extra draw?

1) Any ban, no matter who it comes from, will impact the secondary market. Period. Unbanning a card will cause a surge in price because there's greater demand. Banning a card will likewise decrease the demand and increase the supply as people offload the card they no longer need. Whether it's Sheldon or WOTC doing the banning, this remains true. The only way for bans to not impact the secondary market is for one of those two things to not exist.

2) Leovold's price didn't waver very much, considering he's still a massive force in Legacy, which has much more bearing on his price tag than being a strong Commander.

3) It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.

4) Leovold fucking needed to be banned.

Wacky combos and funstuff.

>It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.
Not him, but that's the point. Wizards does that to push product.

>Any ban, no matter who it comes from, will impact the secondary market. Period. Unbanning a card will cause a surge in price because there's greater demand. Banning a card will likewise decrease the demand and increase the supply as people offload the card they no longer need. Whether it's Sheldon or WOTC doing the banning, this remains true. The only way for bans to not impact the secondary market is for one of those two things to not exist.

WOTC avoids banning cards currently being printed as much as possible because it drops the price of boxes (product that vendors are still moving) which impacts LGSs way more than singles prices.

>Leovold's price didn't waver very much, considering he's still a massive force in Legacy, which has much more bearing on his price tag than being a strong Commander.

I didn't say Leovold's paper price waivered, I said the price for Conspiracy: Take the Crown boxes did which hurts vendors way more than Leovold's single price. Leovold's MTGO single price also tanked overnight because there wasn't much in circulation to begin with and MTGO's store was STILL SELLING CONSPIRACY PACKS.

>3) It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.

I'm not advocating for Leovold to not be banned. What I am telling you is that WOTC is upset that their ability to move digital product currently in circulation is hampered and that they have to smooth over rough situations with some vendors for a decision they had no control over.

>4) Leovold fucking needed to be banned.

I don't disagree.

Name one time they have allowed a clearly broken card to stay legal just to sell packs.

And I mean a provable time, not "WELL I FEEL LIKE".

>WOTC avoids banning cards currently being printed as much as possible because it drops the price of boxes (product that vendors are still moving) which impacts LGSs way more than singles prices.
Citation needed.

>I didn't say Leovold's paper price waivered, I said the price for Conspiracy: Take the Crown boxes did which hurts vendors way more than Leovold's single price. Leovold's MTGO single price also tanked overnight because there wasn't much in circulation to begin with and MTGO's store was STILL SELLING CONSPIRACY PACKS.

How does that make -any- sense? The most valuable card in the set barely loses 5 dollars in value, so the set's boxes tank? And if you're buying boxes of Conspiracy for value instead of to actually fucking draft them, you deserve reduced values. I'll give you the MTGO thing, but your argument of 'still selling packs' is stupid. Either you're mad that WOTC won't ban things until they're old enough, or you're mad they banned a new card. You can't be mad about both, they're mutually exclusive.

>I'm not advocating for Leovold to not be banned. What I am telling you is that WOTC is upset that their ability to move digital product currently in circulation is hampered and that they have to smooth over rough situations with some vendors for a decision they had no control over.
Citation needed.

I know I get yelled at for giving replies to blatant baiters but here's a (You). Now please go away.

>implying I dont play solely on mtgo
baka

Play more aggro weenies.
Or play Wild Mongrel.

You are making yourself look INCREDIBLY stupid.

>I don't actually have an argument but I still feel the need to get the last word

I did not say 'name one time they were slow to ban a card in Standard'.

I said 'name one time they explicitly left a card out solely to sell packs'. Do you have proof that they waited to ban the cat to sell packs? No, you do not. It's your OPINION that they did this.

wew
you didnt have to kill him user
ouch

INCREDIBLY fucking stupid.

Again, do you have proof that they haven't banned Gideon in order to sell packs of Battle for Zendikar?

Or are you just assuming that, because it plays to your mental image that a multi-million dollar company is run by a mixture of people stupider than you and people who are intentionally spiting you?

I assume that a company does what's in it's best interest for profits that taking away an incentive for people to buy product is not in their best interest for profits. I also know that the FFL at WOTC has and is being taken to task by nearly every credible voice in the MTG community for being woefully inept for keeping a brainless standard for almost 3 years now.

So please take the appeal to authority elsewhere. If Wizards new best, their standard attendance wouldn't be at a ten year low.

>it's
>new

Holy hell, spellcheck took the wheel on this one.

>I assume
And there goes your entire argument. I asked for fact, not assumptions. It's also in the 'best interests' for long-term profits for them to put the health of the game first. Konami is a great example of a company that visibly and flagrantly puts profits before the health of the game, and their player base DESPISES them for it. The game is dying because of that. That's great for raking in fistfuls of cash while the cash cow lives, but bad for building up a large base of long-term customers.

I'm not appealing to authority, I'm asking you to PROVE their incompetence beyond "I assume they are evil".

Also, the FFL is 'inept' because it's like 2 dozen people. No shit they don't have the attentiveness that the entire fucking Magic community combined does.

What do you like more in the 4 mana counterspell slot, Rewind or Insidious Will?

The only way you can get a 100% fact is to get someone from Wizards itself to divulge that information to you. If you won't settle for anything short of a 100% sound argument then you're already an irrational fool.

Depends on the deck. A very control-oriented deck will prefer Rewind because it lets you keep that mana open for more counters and shit later in the turn cycle, but Insidious Will is way more flexible.

In a hard control/counters type deck, I'd go with Rewind. For anything else, I'd take Will for flexibility.

Mindbreak Trap

>a company doesn't have profits as their highest priority when it's the mission statement of every publicly traded company and what the board of trustees enforces

Last reply you're getting from me. I'm done with your colossal stupidity. If you were baiting then 10/10 cause you stymied my stanleys REALLY good.

I'm just looking for a stronger argument than "I assume". Which you do not have.

I'd rather Overwhelming Denial I think. Between those two Will fo sure.

I'm not the same guy you were arguing with. I'm just saying that wanting a 100% argument is not something that a rational person requires. Wizards is either doing what they can to squeeze more money out of people or they are wholly incompetent.

not banned?