Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>eldar player believe scattbikes are balanced and fair priced edition

Can you be even more of a faggot? sub edition

>,previous thread
>Duncan does dank
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Remember, if you see a post that you think is a shitpost, just hide and ignore it instead of getting angry

Hey Veeky Forums, just brought pic related to play it with my Skitarii and make a recast with resin , yet I have a few questions:
How do Imperial knights work? Can I paint it and equip it with whatever and claim it's from a made up house, like I would do with a space marine chapter? Or do I need to stick to the ones on the box?

>Aeldari

Yes. You have to paint it as one of the houses on the box or GW will show up and take it away from you.

So lads, the 'leaked' picture of those nu-Marines we saw a few months ago turned out to be legit? Anybody have them saved?

Why are CSM such cunts?

Make it up if you want. It'll only matter when Age of the Emperor is released and you'll get benefits for painting it a certain way, then demand your opponents let you pick and choose the benefit you want like faggots do in AoS.

Daddy Issues.

Seriously, can this shitpost stay in it's containment general? Or if you're going to move into 40k, can you at least pick a mascot animal to use for all your posts?

unknown if that specific marine was legit, but gw posted some marines on the new 40k website in an image they have since taken down. those marines seemed scaled to deathwatch/thousand sons proportions and looked like new sculpts.

Just read Storm of Damocles, It's pretty good.

Aww yeah, nidzilla army coming together. So excited for 8th. Gonna wait until the rules drop and then pick up another couple big ass monsters for this.

What? I just over heard it when playing a game, somebody wanted to run their gold Sigmarines as some other one and some other guy was having none of it and there was autistic screeching. Calm down mate, you're not him are you?

Hmm. Did anybody snag the image before it was taken down? If they're just better scaled models, I'm happy with that. But that trailer mentions some new bollocks. Is this just in-setting hand wave to make Space Marines seem more epic? So they're the same Astartes but just bigger?

muh sboopy shid bosting xdddd

I'm not that happy with it, my Blood Angels unique units will look like midgets in comparison to ULTRAmarines.

>write based and lovable Tau characters
>have the marines kill them off

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

we don't know if they're the RG special project or just new space marine sculpts. It's "wait for more info" mode right now

Commander Farsight is not dead.

They're the same size as the new Deathwatch kits. Only reason they look taller is due to not squatting

Exactly, the xenos deserve nothing but death and despair.

they died pretty rad though

It begins. The tears of a thousand marine players now that their armies look like squatting manlets. Hue.

Just came back after a 2 month break. What's all this drama about shitposting?

He said Storm of Damocles, not Blades of Damocles.

Me neither. I hope they're not new anything desu.

God dammit, then what was the trailer all about "This is combining muh fathers vision + mechanicum" shit?

So instead of having their knees slightly bent, they'll be upright? What the fuck was the trailer about?

LE AGE OF THE EMPEROR!!!!! FUCKING JEW DOUBLE JEW JEWING US AGAIN! Etc.

I know exactly what he meant. Farsight is still alive retard.

>What the fuck was the trailer about?

Rowboat Gullywash is making new marines. They aren't gonna be bigger, but they'll probably end up being some elite choice that has some special benefit or something.

The fluff of it is stupid, but it's being pitched an addition, not replacement

Hey Ch'an had a hard life, which ended the best way possible, by the hands of the Based-Watch

No, you didn't. Farsight does not feature in the novel.

If you are making a point about him being the only based Tau character, then you are just butting in to be a total cunt.

So I'm looking at starting a 30k Word Bearers army. and they get Malefic Daemonology to play with, and Daemon HQs to cast said powers. Obviously /hhg/ doesn't use many Daemons and I don't use many Psykers, so if I have about 6-7 Warp Charge to start with (+D6, obviously), what are some good things to summon that won't cost me a bajillionty pounds? I'd preferably like to avoid Tzeench, but all the other gods are cool. Up against ALL THE MEQS.

I considered a Nurgle Herald with Doomsday Bell just for the lulz, is any of the other Nurgle stuff good?

So, as my mates thought, they're gonna be Thunder Warriors, but you know, not possible to die of old age and actually have a brain.

I just remembered this guy existed. Does anyone here recall somebody actually using him ? His rules seem great and he's cheap points-wise but I never hear about him or had anybody use him against me.

They'd be closer to the marines Corax was attempting to pump out than the thunder warriors.

No one knows what they're actually going to be.

Also this guy.

What the fuck are you talking about

Did we even read the same novel? Farsight is not only alive there but based as fuck, and so is Shadowsun. If you're going to shitpost about Tau at least refer to the right material.

Hmm. We'll see then.

I've never seen anyone playing him nor mention him. That would be because I play WH40k, as the rest of people in this thread, not 30k.

So I'm tempted to pick up the Dark Vengeance set before it's discontinued as I like the Chaos space marines in it and they don't appear to be sold separately. What rules do they use exactly? As I noticed it said they are chaos "chosen" and not Chaos space marines

But Thunder Warriors are weaker than Space Marines.
These new Marines are confirmed to be more power and have Primarch genes.

You do realise ATSKNF is only for 40k Space Marines, right? 30k marines don't have that rule. So that rule set there is 100% for 40k.

But maybe you're just shitposting.

That Part when the Marines make Columbine looks like a child's play

I could even see all that blue painting their mess hall.

Bloodletters, man.

Chosen are an elite choice in the CSM codex.

Which book will you fucking get first?

Reminder that the rules consists of 12 pages and they are at the last segment of each book.

Why do people like AdMech? They're the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

>What the fuck are you talking about

The cool Tau veteran from the novel

So then it doesn't come with any actual Chaos Space Marines and it's all HQ units?

>Khorne is a ascendant in AoS
>Double 40K releases

>Tzeentch makes his move in AoS and gets a slew of content
>40K follows shortly with Tzeench content

>Sigmar realises that humanity in its current state cannot defeat Chaos
>He creates the Stormcast to aid the armies of humanity
>Girlyman realises that the armies of humanity are not enough to defeat Chaos. He creates Giga-marines to fight back Chaos alongside the armies of mankind

>AoS : The Realm of Shadow which is full of Shadowy Elves and Daemons and their Shadow God are hinted at in Season 1 and will be a focus in Season 2 bringing in probably a new army with a shadow theme
>40K : The Shadow King open the door to the Realm of Shadow in the Dark City and his mandrake and shadow fiend minions join other Dark Eldar in the fight against the invading daemons

Does AoS control the direction of 40K?

>But Thunder Warriors are weaker than Space Marines.

No they weren't. Thunder Warriors were better but difficult to mass produce in the numbers needed for a Galactic Crusade. This is literally stated in several sources.

So?
Who cares?

Fuck off with your forgeworld cheese, play real gameswork shop models if you want to play real gamesworkshop games.

Except the novel is about Farsight, not veterans. What fucking drugs are you on?

No, I was genuinely wrong. Sorry.

Are thunder strike gauntlets posable/separated into fingers and hand? I want to make a knight whose holding a big shield on one side.

>No they weren't.

Yes they were.
Master of Mankind says they were weaker and lacked all the implants of a Marine.

No, it contains

Chaos Lord HQ

Chaos Cultists Troops

Chaos Chosen Elite

Helbrute Elite

INB4 they replace Slaanesh with the shadow king and the race race is shadoi eldarii

Never gets old

>Did we even read the same novel?

There are two novel, you fucking cunt.

"Blades of Damocles" that features Farsight and Shadowsun fighting against Ultramarines.

The other one is "Storm of Damocles" which has OC Tau characters fighting the Deathwatch and White Scars.

Fucking idiot.

It's cool bra. The other guy pretending to be you has been attempting to shitpost this entire thread so I assumed it was him.

For the mechatits.

>Khorne Daemonkin has been discontinued
>Blades of Khorne has been added to AoS

What did they mean with this?

>>Tzeentch makes his move in AoS and gets a slew of content
K follows shortly with Tzeench content

Magnus and the Thousand Sons stuff predates Disciples of Tzeentch though.

>he doesn't realize those are promo models that could only be gotten from GW stores

Nice fucking slut!

Europeans are making this umbeareable. See you in three hours, when they all go to sleep.

Master of Mankind is dogshit written by a retard.
>muh supreme chaos
>muh Emperor slaying daemon
What the fuck were they thinking letting that chaos-fellating asshole write a book about The Emperor?

Nigga that was never true, and they retconned the book that said that. The other book everyone wanks up with the War Hounds taking casualties against Thunder Warriors defending a position was to show off the reckless fury of the War Hounds from even before they had Angron.

More like GW can't write more than one story at a time.

Nothing.
All the Codices are being discontinued after all, while they are slowly giving each God a book in AoS. It's just a coincidence.

Yes, 40k is now based entirely on AoS. not even joking

The ensuing argument comes down to whether the word of a custode trumps actually seeing thunder warriors fuck up astartes.

Those two are 40k units dude. Forgeworld models if I recall correctly, they released rules for using them in 40k.

>Silver Towers appeared in AoS
>Suddenly Silver Towers become a thing in 40K and become a major element of the Tzeentchian forces there.

Uh Huh.

thunder warriors were physically tougher and more deadly but didnt work well in formations and went fucking nuts the longer they lived

theres a story of world eaters attacking a ship of old thunder warriors for each thunder warrior that died 4 marines died

BL sure loves to turbo fuck basic lore.

TW where better than marines, but lacked two things the black carapace and mental stability. TW tended to go full psycho.

>trying to mix things up on purpose just to trigger me
What is even the point asshole? You know it's the same thing, and yet you keep being contrarian just because you're mad I called you out earlier.

Know what then? Fuck you.

>Master of Mankind is dogshit written by a retard.

Thunder Warriors being stronger than Marines is dogshit written by a retard.
I don't like MoM much, but at least it fixed that.

Are you sure we've read the same fricking book?

Hmmm, so would you say it's worth it then?

>What is even the point asshole?

That you are a moron that confused one novel for another. Literally a retard.

>53045394
>trying to bait
I'd be mad if I was another one of these newfags who doesn't know how many cocks you are gargling right now.

>ADB
>Where the Emperor is a total dick and can't even kill a Daemon
>Black Library
>Canon

I guess Sister of Silence aren't in 40k because Goulding said so :^)

Forge World's HH series says otherwise. Also

>Wrought to be living weapons, the Thunder Warriors were known to be physically stronger, more savage and more potent in combat than the later Astartes, though they were not as long-lived.

What? Literally stated in Horus Heresy Book 1 that Thunder Warriors destroyed World Eaters in combat.

What?

Other factions have tits too, without the rest of their body being a bunch of unrecognizable cogs with no discernible shape.

(You)

Not going to link you. Just letting people know you are just trolling and not respond to this colosal shitposter

Ya. Fucking GW they invented Silver Towers in AOS and retconned Tzeentch so hard they appeared in 40,00 Epic.

>a small force of warriors hand-made by The Emperor is stronger then an inter-galactic mass produced army
>this is somehow wrong
Quality over quantity. Thunder Warriors had short lifespans, no black carpace and tended to go insane, but the trade off was raw power. Unless i'm wrong they don't have gene-seed, thus each needs to be hand-made from scratch.

>Thunder Warriors being stronger than Marines is dogshit written by a retard.
lol

also

Except World Eaters were notorious for having high casualties REGARDLESS of who they fought. So that's not saying much.

Oh shit, I see so many Tzeench armies I forgot those existed, I was just looking at Flesh Hounds. Dropping down ten of those would be cool. Maybe I'll get a SC! Khorne and a SC! Nurgle, for variety. Plagues for armour, Bloodletters for infantry, heralds for smashing shit and scaring ATSKNF-less Astartes off with the Doomsday bell and cavalry for harassing.

>I guess Sister of Silence aren't in 40k because Goulding said so :^)

Goulding's opinion. That was before BL BROUGHT BACK THE SISTERS OF SILENCE FIRST. So eat a dick.

>>Wrought to be living weapons, the Thunder Warriors were known to be physically stronger, more savage and more potent in combat than the later Astartes, though they were not as long-lived.

How would AK the in-verse historian writing the FW books know that? That was before her time and she continuously makes mistakes in her writings about events that she of her era.

While we have Custodes, IIRC, giving an actual opinion but an army that he helped slay.

the generals been going so well today, what happened?

Happy now? You manage to make the cheetahfag respond to your stupidity?

Are you proud of yourself?

Yeah I know now, the other guy corrected me. The armor made it look like a 30k model and I took for granted the guy who posted them just posted in the wrong general.

This makes me think: Are units like Fire Drakes and Pyroclasts allowed in 40k?

>The ensuing argument comes down to whether the word of a custode trumps actually seeing thunder warriors fuck up astartes.

Nope.
For one thing the Custode can talk more generally, thus his opinion has more validity than isolated fights.
Secondly, it's more recent so more canon.

>thunder warriors were physically tougher and more deadly

No, they were weaker, stated in Master of Mankind.

>BL sure loves to turbo fuck basic lore.

But that's not basic lore at all, in fact Black Library were the ones who began TW wank.

>Forge World's HH series says otherwise.

Master of Mankind is more recent.

>It's 999.M41
>You don't worship Lord Tzeentch