>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/... What mysteriously appearing art has inspired your characters?

>Having random art be the beginning inspiration for a character

Absolutely plebian

i'm thinking of turning my sorcerer into ben 10 and polymorphing myself into some shit. anything else i should add to make it better?

Flails not being versatile is dumb.

Proposal for a housrule: any melee weapon without the Light, Finesse, or Two-Handed property can be wielded in two hands, for a one die increase to its damage (d6->d8, d8-d10)

Do you have a reliable way of attaining key magic items? If not then that's basically it. Maybe a race with some interesting abilities.

This made me want to have one of my characters have a kid... Sadly I'm forever DM and will never get to play them.

Probably fine, +2 AC is generally better than only one dice size increase.

Military flails are one-handed weapons though. Too short to be wielded in two hands.

The two-handed variety has a completely different structure.

They better be an NPC in your games. That's what I do, my PCs become NPCs when they are never played. If they die they don't have to die in my campaigns.

I know that feel, hopefully one of my players likes running the one shot he's making and then I can play the idea I have.

well we are level 3 at the moment so by the time i get polymorph at level 7 i should have something

I may place someone in the game I have like ..15 characters I'm sure some of them could potentially be NPCs.

Anons? There's this 5e-based campaign setting I'm trying to build up for personal amusements I could really use a hand with in terms of crunching stats for native PCs, monsters, magic, etc. Would it be Veeky Forums relevant to start a thread for it, or not?

Fair warning, the setting's theme is "post-apocalyptic fantasy", of the "fantasy world blew itself all to hell" variety, and the backstory involves a war between dwarves and elves (who're fleshcrafting necromancers from another planet).

my first thought is to just rename everything without changing the numbers etc. it is arguably the easiest way to completely overhaul the flavor.

another option is to do the above but then tweak the monsters and spells following advice in the DMG. this is a bit more work than just renaming everything but adds that custom flair you might be looking for.

doing everything from scratch is very time consuming. and there is a worry surrounding getting the new material in the players hands. are you willing to write out a new spell book for the PCs to use when making characters and playing? any changes to races or classes will override the PHB and make character creation slower and more difficult.

>Lore Master Wiz
>cast Magic Missile at whatever level you desire, target one missile per creature
>spend one 1st level for 2d10 force damage on every missile
>1d4+1+2d10 per creature, guaranteed hit

Is this legit

Yes that works. It's per target, not per missile or per casting.

Of all the broken shit you can do, that's one of softest.

The mild tweaking options is best. Going from nothing is awful, and no changes won't make it yours. Tweak a little and leave the hardest work to wizards.

Go on

>One of my players still doesn't understand the why I laughed and said hell no when he wanted to play this class

That's the tip of the iceberg on how broken that subclass is.

Multiclassed unearthed arcana aside it follows rules. But if I were your DM I'd take you out back and beat you if you came to the table with this.

Forever DM, about to play for the first time soon. I want to do Trickery Cleric, Illusion Wizard, or maybe a Multiclass of both. Has anybody made one of these? Any advice?

>people think UA isn't just a rough draft that will be tweaked after the feedback points out the broken shit like this

Throwing around Force Charisma/Intelligence save fireballs is no fucking joke, or using Strength/Dexterity save Hold Person.

They took a good part of Lore bard and a decent part of Sorcerer then handed it to one of the strongest classes in the game.

If you're trying to make the best character you can with the concept, you only need 1 level of cleric or only 2 levels of wizard. Don't split your caster classes evenly or you fuck up your spell progression.

Nuclear Druid doesn't work with Loremaster. One of the only good things that came from Loremaster is the wording on Alchemical Casting. Look for the next version of Harvest Scythe to use that wording over its current.

What's the best for your character when you aren't at session?

-Your character disappears/reappears when you aren't there.
-Your character is there in the background for roleplay but not for combat.
-The DM takes over your character for combat but not for roleplay.
-Your DM takes over everything.

Party has taken on a gnoll follower after he's converted to good from an encounter with a Celestial bear. Should I let him level up in any fashion if they bring him with for combat, let them train him in a class of some kind, etc.?

Just have them do something else or something.

>The DM takes over your character for combat but not for roleplay.

For me I try and write the PC out of the game for the day if I can. Sometimes it unavoidable though, when that happens I ask the player if they need anything said or done and I do those things. Then for the rest of the time, they are just there for combat.

If you must have him progress, let him gain hit dice, proficiency, or ability scores. Don't build him like a PC or you'll have an NPC taking too much spotlight. The NPC can get more powerful without getting more complex.

-Your character disappears/reappears when you aren't there.

the next session that player is back is a great opportunity to speed up a plot point or reveal a cool secret. it also gives the missing player a fun thing to bring into the mix even though they missed the last session.

Depends.

If we're at a city or something, write me out.
However if we're doing something important, have my character in the background. Usable for resources and any small role-playing bits that are needed as well as combat.

It can be awkward when a character is important for a session and the player isn't there, but we have to make the best of it and not let it fuck over the group.

I once had the awkward measure of having to roleplay a character refusing to hand over a plot book because the player wasn't there and I knew his style of play. It was a bit awkward, but everyone understood.

i should add that this is all context dependent.

at critical junctures i'm loath to have any one missing which can mean the game doesn't happen for a month.

i also set a quorum limit before a game can be played. i have loyal and reliable players so that's ok, but it can be tough if the group is unreliable.

When one guy had set up beforehand that he would not be able to play due to starting up a business (lfgs I might add) I had his character just not be present, with the vague explanation that he had gotten sick. When he came back, he got healed and had part of a session catching up with the party and getting some party-wide hooks they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

More recently when a player was sick, tried to play, but dropped out of the call half an hour in, I took control of his character for the remainder of the session, asking the other players "I think the barb would do this, how about you?" And they agreed with me, but it was mostly for dramatic effect anyway.

does anyone have any experience playing an awakened or avatar mystic?
all i hear about is immortal meme builds.

Yes, give him stuff or a class.

Which do you think would be a better Greater favoured enemy? Fiends or Aberrations? I know the game is going to involve both

Aberrations, shout that Call of Cthulu makes no sense or just shout jibberish as you attack.

Sorry, just psychomethabolic bros here.

Thanks. Why only Cleric 1? Is Trickster's Blessing not worth it? And what's sneakier, Cleric 1/Wizard X or Wizard 2/Cleric X?

Be a Moon Druid instead.

no

fug

Thinking about it, you could play the X-Men as mystics.

>DM makes a set of magic weapons for TWF
>They each require a bonus action to activate
just... why

...Poor understanding of how balancing works in this edition?

Has there ever been a creature who grants bardic inspiration?

How would the statline look like?
Inspiration (x/Day) Grants 1d12 inspiration?

Alright, I'm done complaining. Is it too late to jump on board the 5th ed bandwagon? Is it too late to sign up for events?

No

I feel like it wasn't my fault I had to drop my first 5th ed game. I was stuck between a wall and a literal retard.

Is that really part of your job description that you have to babysit the mentally challenged? I feel like the sheer number of mentally handicapped people who play the game detract from its enjoyment.

I mean, I don't mean this ironically or sarcastically, there are quite a few people who are actually retarded who seem to congregate near my game store. Is this part of the game?

Did I miss a meeting or something?

The thing is they get to play pretend they aren't retarded and their tard wranglers don't have to put in too much extra effort to learn 5e.

Core rules only, y/n?

So far I've met 4 people who were severely mentally handicapped who wanted to play d&d and they ruined each and every game they've been in.

I don't just mean socially awkward or the occasional outburst, I mean just non-stop interruptions and constant outbursts.

I mean, I know the word "retarded" gets bandied about rather casually these days, but these guys actually had a problem and did not belong at the table.

>they aren't retarded
>tard wranglers

choose one.

How many splats are there out now?
How much crap am I going to have to buy/memorize?

Are you retarded? Their wranglers run the game and help

Are you trying to play at a store, maybe in a store-organized group? Those things are used as drops by useless parents.
Get a group going with your close friends, it's the only way.

Define splat.
There are some campaign companions with a few options and two books on FR with a few options more.
The rest would be UA, which is free.

Meh it can be done but spellcasters will easily outshine martials without access to feats.

Depends if you don't care about modules then there are five in total, even then Volo's guide and SCAG are optional.

>Get a group going with your close friends, it's the only way.
I don't have any friends, I am a political extremist.

isn't unearthed arcana filled with the most useless busted ass shit the devs could come up with? I'd be fine with a handful of supplements, but UA is a no go for me.

I don't see how is that relevant.

user is an ass is what he's saying.

I keep the PHB & SCAG at the minimum (Extra subclasses, Racial Variants, and cantrips), Volo's and EE are nice to add but not essential.

No?
There are a lot of harmless options, two perfectly playeable classes and other than lore wizard, most can be used as long as you don't let them multiclass.
The feats are nice too.

It basically means I know things that make it difficult for me to function in normal society.

well, nice to see UA bucked the trend of previous editions.

(you)

So you are saying events are shitshows?
Is that why organizers get paid the big bucks, cause they are babysitting the mentally handicapped?

That's your own fault for being a piece of shit.

Do you want to stop being a retard and actually read the UAs?

My friends and I have been around literal autists, they're assholes.

>two perfectly playable classes
Artificer is fine but dull. It needs changes, but it works
Mystic is broken.

Cause I swear to god, if people are going to use d&d to wrangle free special needs care out of gullible DM's who just wanted to show up and have a good time, I'm going to quit playing.

>My friends and I have been around literal autists, they're assholes

Sounds like you guys are the autists.

Gunsmith seems to lack choices in combat. More damage types?

Did I hit a nerve, autist?

people expect to get PAID for that shit, you know? I am not qualified to handle some spergs freakout cause I accidentally touched his ear muffs.

That shits like, 20 bucks an hour in the real world, getting 5 bucks towards a new supplement and marking off hours on my community service scoresheet isn't exactly a fair trade.

How do you handle not being useful in combat? Tons of rituals and have been absurdly helpful out of combat but.
Enemies have too much HP for Sleep, Enemies always have good WIS saves so Tasha's never works, Enemies are always too spaced out for Web.

3rd level crossbow wizard reporting. +5 to hit 1d8+3 reporting double. Should I surrender and just take Scorching Ray when I hit 4th?

What brought on this discussion about retards and autists? I feel like I'm missing something

there are plenty of highly functioning people with very mild levels of autism, barely noticeable, really.

In another day and time we would have just written them off as nerds or geeks without having to add some sort of label that used to be reserved for hopeless mental cases.

My game store is being used as a dropoff for retarded kids. Parents leave their little shitflingers there at noon and don't pick em up till happy hour is over.

Did I?

Blessing of the Trickster is level 1. Invoke Duplicity is at level 2 and it's not that great.

Cleric 1/wizard X will get you to more spells that help you with sneakiness than wizard 2/cleric X.

Why this time.
Yesterday I sat in before my desk, opened homebrewery and stared at the page for 20 minutes trying to make a new archetype for the Artificer. I failed.

I don't understand why we can't just leave them out in the woods.

They have as many choices as alchemists do.

Pick better spells

Thank the medical community for trying to wring every dollar they can out of parents because someone's precious kid has mental issues.

You should gain levels. 1st and 2nd level damage spells suck. Blindness/Deafness is good for 2nd level control and maintains usefulness at later levels due to no concentration.

bro, who cares? Your just crapping out d&d filler material. Vomit some fluff, add some numbers and collect your paycheck.

Yes.

How is this even a question? Burning Hands, Scorching Ray, Magic Weapon - Wizards need to deal HP damage too sometimes.

Also, you've got Phantasmal Force, which targets INT.

>has mental issues.
you mean they disagree with the party line. our society is fucked up man, it scars smart people for life.

The goddamn gnome is a better artificer than the artificer class.

Can you guys throw me a bone what the hell would to a Tinkerer do?

>Mfw just remembered almost all my players used Int as a dump stat
>They are gonna fight foulspawn, Illithids and other abberations because they are part of the main story arc

Worst part is the barbarian has the highest int at 12

Magic missile is your friend

anyway, thats my 10 cents.

Honestly the players handbook is so simple that the game practically runs itself. I kind of like it, very simple, dumbed down mechanics but overall it feels pretty versatile.

There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot for martials to do during combat.

The martials thing is argue almost twice a day in some form or another.

The DMG has some things to resolve improvisation, but the player has to try.

Ainsley pls no